• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

AReed

Yeah, I turned it off. I didn't think anything could be worse than when Russell Brand hosted the MTV music awards a few years back. But this... I felt like I was losing 50 brain cells a second while watching.

I'll just watch the clip of Fany on YT. Wait....

JKTrix

'Totally unexpected', lol.

I was playing battlefield when they announced it, alt-tabbing apparently isn't very easy in that game.

roaSone

Fany did exactly what had to be done. Now I'm off from this shit, cause it's so boring and a bit messy for my taste, night guys!

Fafnir

Can turn this wackness off now.

I can only assume this is what happened at SM, "Jessica, Tiffany, we won some shit Youtube award, which one of you wants to go to NY to represent Soshi?"
H9060.gif

JKTrix

Not really worth seeing a clip, she just said an awkward (YouTube is my best friend) and stiff 'thanks' that didn't fit the tone of the show at all, then walked off. Reggie did say 'thanks' in Korean though, that was nice.

Pendulum

I am bathing in tears.
How did girl's generation win instead of One Direction, Justin, Lady Gaga, or Selena? What the hell Youtube?

who the fuck is Girl's Generation and why didn't WOTE win? Dear YouTube, wtf bro

What?? #BestSongEver video didn't win video of the year #YTMA
I don't know where this world is going...
Lost against "girl gener.." WHO?

what is a girls generation is it a feminism movement

Edit:
Sones out in force on Twitter, with two trending topics.
"Who the fu*k is Girls Generation"

THIS
BYL9JbOCUAAFs_U.jpg

Wow, so many Taeyeon fans in this thread. I love me some Taeyeon, but I'm all for Yoona. I stan her like I stan any of my faves, but tenfold. I LOVE YOONA.

tumblr_mvmtw5qSHb1qbcznyo1_250.gif
tumblr_mvmtw5qSHb1qbcznyo2_250.gif

Queen!
My PSN ID is literally her name. I'm that obsessed with her.

neoism

Wow, so many Taeyeon fans in this thread. I love me some Taeyeon, but I'm all for Yoona. I stan her like I stan any of my faves, but tenfold. I LOVE YOONA.

tumblr_mvmtw5qSHb1qbcznyo1_250.gif
tumblr_mvmtw5qSHb1qbcznyo2_250.gif

Queen!
My PSN ID is literally her name. I'm that obsessed with her.
Alt will fight you

Conceptor

I'll never understand watching award shows.

So boring.
The year end Korean award shows are usually fun to watch! Plus everyone hangs out in irc chatting too.

Woo soshi :>

Welcome to the thread redtail64!

Alt doesn't ever have time to post here anymore though, and I think there is at least one other Yoona stan

Niks

sunny said:
thank you, our sone!!! for making igab the video of the year.. we'll do better!! we'll repay you with better music, music videos, and stages/performances!! 10th members!!! thank you so much and i love you~^^♥ Thanks for everything my lovers!!! Party tonight! Rock!!!! Kkkk #ymta #sone

fandoms loosing their shit on twitter was hilarious.

(._.)

Banned
I just watched the video of tiffany winning the award. holy crap @ that dead crowd. holy crap at how awful all the music nominated is.

giri

The year end Korean award shows are usually fun to watch! Plus everyone hangs out in irc chatting too.

Woo soshi :>

Welcome to the thread redtail64!

Alt doesn't ever have time to post here anymore though, and I think there is at least one other Yoona stan

the Gayo Daejeon?

They're awesome. Last year was great fun actually. Colours of K-pop oh yeah.

dokish

Banned
Just arrived. Someone quickly fill me in on this.

Where's the link of Fanny getting the award? And who is the black guy, hmm.. hugging her?

Pretty sure it's between Min and Fei for who won this comeback. Both look stunning. Jia's got something weird going on.

I agree. Although, I think Jia looked pretty rather than sexy, assuming sexy is what they're going for.

If I had to choose between Min and Fei, so far I'm pulling more towards Fei. She just looks beyond sexy. She has the dangerous, dominatrix thing going on. I love it!

They all look beautiful in their group teaser. I'm so ready for their comeback.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If I had to choose between Min and Fei, so far I'm pulling more towards Fei. She just looks beyond sexy. She has the dangerous, dominatrix thing going on. I love it!
Normally I'd confidently say Fei but...

tumblr_mvpaeaF8ok1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

Imma have to see more to make that call this time.

vanty

Asian booty, there's something in the Western dairy/meat, like some kind of steroid that balloons it up or Koreans just don't have enough meat in their diet growing up. Fany and Nicole are prime examples of growing up in the US and having decent booty.
lolwut

Tiffany has no ass, maybe not as bad as that 9 Muses pic I posted, but by regular human standards she has nothing interesting going on below the neck.

Nicole has an ass because she works out properly, not just uselessly jogging on a treadmill like I'm sure constitutes 90% of all non-dancing exercise most of these idols do.

Normally I'd confidently say Fei but...

tumblr_mvpaeaF8ok1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

Imma have to see more to make that call this time.

Dayum! I mean... Wow, she looks stunning. Werk it, Min. Werk!!

You've brought up a valid point (or picture), and now I'm starting to waver, but Fei...

luso

Some more photos:
tumblr_mvpwqrqjqV1rp2chco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvq71vLO4x1skbx5co1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvq71vLO4x1skbx5co2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvq71vLO4x1skbx5co4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvq4a3MRlW1rs68xto1_1280.jpg

Maybe too dressed up for the kind of awards it was, but who knew they would be like that? Still, classy Fany.

Tae
tumblr_mvqfavtrLP1r4oun7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvqfcqRvBY1sawfuuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvqhsc8o1A1rl3ez5o1_500.jpg

The other members went to Japan to do some show/presentation of the sinlge, tomorrow PV will be released.

No No Eul

I am bathing in tears.

fandoms loosing their shit on twitter was hilarious.

The torrent of comments below the I Got a Boy MV after Soshi won was a sight to behold. So salty. So good. Meanwhile, the view count for the video has increased by half a million or so overnight.

I'm quite surprised that fans of the other nominated artists didn't mobilize the same way Sones did. I figured the voting would have been much closer, especially with Bieber and One Direction in the running, but Soshi absolutely trounced the competition.

I like to imagine that ever since the results were announced, Lee Soo Man has been sitting in his office, clutching his Bible of Cultural TechnologyTM, laughing maniacally.

As for the awards themselves, I actually quite enjoyed what little I saw of it. It was far more interesting than the usual format these shows tend to follow, even if it was a bit of a trainwreck.

Pretty sure it's between Min and Fei for who won this comeback. Both look stunning. Jia's got something weird going on.

I thought that burgundy outfit she was wearing was pretty horrible.

Mein Gott.

Min said:
The new GTA 5 is like a movie..

Fiestar said:

Pyo Hyemi! said:

Jia's cat said:

Sunny said:
감사합니다!!!!소원짱♥ Thank you #sone♥ you guys are BEST!!!!! "@YouTube: VIDEO OF THE YEAR: "I Got a Boy" by Girls' Generation #YTMA"

Taeyeon said:
girls' generation was able to receive the YTMA video of the year award!! kkya! thank you so much to the many people who shared the video for days, and, as expected, sones are worldwide. sones who always make us move! and all the people who worked hard for the music video, thank you very very much. #ytma #IAmGirlsGeneration

Yuri said:
ipA6Gm4YUtjoJ.jpg

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww gg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kkya dae bak sa geon

Top Bottom