• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

milkham

8N5dVSq.jpg

goddamn stage monitors

Ym1r

How is Haeryung getting away with being shockingly thin while Sooyoung can't be mentioned without "omg anorexia"?

Because I want to take Haeryung out on a nice dinner and feed her well, whereas I'd just shove big macs down Sooyoung's throat.

Haeryung is cute.
Sooyoung is obnoxious.

Pendulum

How is Haeryung getting away with being shockingly thin while Sooyoung can't be mentioned without "omg anorexia"?

People do mention that she is thin, but as Loci says it's not on the same level because she isn't in the biggest K-Pop girl group in the world. So when Sooyoung's legs have shown some boney knees as her weight has fallen at times from her already slim size, it's been headline news.

Plus, I think they have different frames. A skinny Haeryung doesn't look like a lollipop.

Friend introduced to me JYP's EP that he released a while back... this is some good shit haha. The entire album is seriously fantastic... track 2, 5 and 6 are my favorites out of the bunch. That "mingle mingle" part of track 5 is freakin' catchy... and that beat is just perfect for a slow dance. Give it a listen if you haven't, it's one of my surprise hits of the year.

Speaking of which...

Who's doing the K-Pop GAF Awards 2013 part 2?

We're getting really close to the end of the year so I think it's about time lol.

WONDER LIVE : Park Ji Yoon(박지윤) _ Mr.Lee & 4 other song(미스터리 외 4곡)[ENG/JPN SUB]

Edit: Oh, and hey, face's ban is permanent. Sorry to hear, mate.
http://i.imgur.com/zU3AY.jpg
( ._.)

Perfume is the best, so they're never off topic. We've been posting them here since the first thread.

Haeryung didn't get much attention when she still looked like this.

I'm pro-shikshin. They have different frames, proportions and a near five-year age gap. Along with having better toned legs than Soo (simply typing that felt creepy), Haeryung should put on a bit of natural "age weight" when she gets closer to Sooyoung's current age.

Pendulum

Gotta have one person changing their hair colour during a comeback (Korean Government Laws Handbook, Section 15.23, paragraph C, concerning K-Pop Acts), and Qri's needs a rest or it's going to die soon. I kinda like it. Definitely better than the blonde Hyuna got for the recent Trouble Maker comeback.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm out of the slammer. New avatar to reflect the thug traits I took on.

First time I've seen someone else do that that's not me lool.
That's easy to do. If she went the other direction while keeping her arm centered, that'd be scary.

Selca Sunday
Selca Sunday continued
Haeryung judges you.
Dahye aslo needs some k-pop gaf love.
Endless QT3.14! Avatars for miles!

The very first thing I said upon seeing Bestie was that all of them were so skinny, especially Haeryung. However their high energy, bright personalities, and cuteness quickly steal the attention away from that. Most people who talk about Haeryung talk about how cute she is, not how sexy she is. If the topic were shifted to that I bet the critiques would come out. Also as feist mentioned she is still quite young, so being skinny is more expected.

Because I want to take Haeryung out on a nice dinner and feed her well, whereas I'd just shove big macs down Sooyoung's throat.

Haeryung is cute.
Sooyoung is obnoxious.
As harsh as it is, I feel some truth in this as well.

jokkir

I'm out of the slammer. New avatar to reflect the thug traits I took on.

That's easy to do. If she went the other direction while keeping her arm centered, that'd be scary.

Pretty sure the other way is impossible without breaking your arm lol

llehuty

KARA mini post

Hara for ELLE korea

Last two very avatar friendly.

KARA had their last concert of their ¿last? Japanese tour. And there were tears.

tumblr_mwtpnlYuNh1su4vkuo2_400.jpg

Nicole told her fans, “I was grateful I got to see you. There were hard times, but I remembered why I wanted to sing and dance for you. I love you. I’m so thankful."

Jiyoung added, “Thank you for giving us strength. I was touched today, too. I’m so happy. Never forget today.”

I have no idea where they get the strength to perform knowing that they are practically out of the group.

263CFE3E529228C434DE99

Bye KARA.
Fuck DSP

Pendulum

Nicole (and Jiyoung?) is still in the group until Dec/Jan, I believe? So are they going to be doing any other concerts besides, I assume, the Gayos?

giri

Nicole (and Jiyoung?) is still in the group until Dec/Jan, I believe? So are they going to be doing any other concerts besides, I assume, the Gayos?

Yeah, Nicole is contracted till the end of January.

Jing till April i believe.

They'll be performing in Korea at the DSP Concert.

There's been no real update from a credible news source in a long time. It's a bit of wait and see at the moment, Still.

llehuty

Yeah, Nicole in the group until January, Jiyoung a bit later. I think they are doing Gayos and a DSP concert. I wrote that because of their statements at the end of the concert. I thought there was a posibility of DSP accepting their conditions, but those quotes read as a good bye. Quite sad.

giri

Yeah, Nicole in the group until January, Jiyoung a bit later. I think they are doing Gayos and a DSP concert. I wrote that because of their statements at the end of the concert. I thought there was a posibility of DSP accepting their conditions, but those quotes read as a good bye. Quite sad.

They say similar quotes to that at the end of all concerts / tours.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hyolyn album is suprisingly not torturous. Track 1 is great shoegaze pop like The Cardigans or Sean Lennon and the rest of the tracks not bad. She does better at church singing than the latin style. One boring korean contemporary style but the rest are fun enough. Surprised they didn't overplay her power vocals. Mad Clown was the worst guest, and Lil Boy the best. I want to make a youtube playlist 'album' of all the Brave Bros remixes of Alone, the 7th or 8th of which is on this. Posted from my java app phone. This took forever!

The Wall Street Journal caught up back stage for a few minutes with three members from the group — G-Dragon, Taeyang and Seungri — ahead of Friday night’s awards ceremony.
What have you been listening to this year from outside of Korea?

Taeyang: Kanye West, Drake, The Weeknd, Miguel and M.I.A.

Seungri: Robin Thicke.
G-Dragon worked with Missy Elliott and Diplo, among others, on his latest album. Who else do you want to collaborate with?
G-Dragon: Pharrell [Williams].

Taeyang: I have a [third] solo album coming out in January, and I worked with a lot of U.S. producers, like the Underdogs [producers Dru Hill, Mary J. Blige, Babyface, among others] and [German electronic music DJ] Boys Noize.
Are there any countries where haven’t performed that you would like to go?
Seungri: Spain and Germany.

Taeyang: Brazil. [Big Bang canceled a show in Sao Paulo in late 2012.]

G-Dragon: Iraq…and other places I haven’t been to.
You just kicked off a big tour in Japan, where you have lots of fans, and you also sing in Japanese. Do you have similar plans for China?
Taeyang: Maybe in the future….but I don’t think we’re going to sing in Chinese, it’s too hard.
Do you ever just want to be a normal person?
G-Dragon: Well, we are boys. Sometimes we don’t want to have to wear make up and do our hair. Sometimes we get tired of it.
What’s some of the craziest things your fans have done?
Taeyang: [Something crazy] happened to G-Dragon. That’s why he moved. Some crazy girls were hiding in front of his apartment all night. When he came back, they suddenly showed up and he was really shocked. So he moved to a really private apartment…I can’t even get in.
You have a huge fan base in the Philippines. Do you have a message for your Filipino fans in the wake of the Typhoon Haiyan disaster?
Seungri: It’s very sad…

Taeyang: We have very good memories of the Philippines. The spirit and the power of the people in the Philippines are stronger than any typhoon.

Top Bottom