• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Eldren

Glue is fantastic, as expected. It's so weird to stan for a girl group who's latest single gives each member equal screentime in the MV as well as equal lines to sing. I'm so happy they all had so much input into the song, I feel like it really shows. I love that they mixed up who sings what, Hyuna getting the high note, Lee Sem singing the chorus, etc.
I like Lee Sem and I'm super happy she got some great lines.

Also I want to second Pendulum's comment about Erin. She has a damn good voice and I feel like her verses on all the Prima Donna tracks and Glue are her best yet. Glue especially, she's brilliant.

Happy belated birthday, Ash! Time zones, etc.

tumblr_mw3mroWvl31rggz7so1_500.jpg

Happy birthday Kween Yuri!

Unexpected Hyo cameo in the Jay Park E! News Asia special:
tumblr_mxaakghamF1s26d3go1_400.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
With this repackage I actually bothered to listen to the new T-ara instead of just watching performances. It's really good and well produced. 6-ara best forever.

My friend just had a great idea. This year's Gayo Daejun, AOA and A Pink should do one of those crossover promotions where they do each others routine.

Broank

OK I'm actually really excited for SNSD's Japanese album now. Was worried with all the shitty packaging and B-sides crammed in but Lips and Karma Butterfly sound like they could be 2 of SNSDs best songs. Flyers and Everyday Love sound good too. Gossip Girls is like Electric Shock evolved. Find Your Soul thing sounds like a typical mid 2000s SM song lol Wonder if there will be a MV for it. Can't imagine they would learn a fairly complex dance just for a small untelevised event in China...

New T-ara sounds pretty good too. Just skimmed the MV and it's a lot of fun
boram scares me now though

@___@ I miss those shorts...

Oh had some painted on shorts for sure. Must have been some titanium wave to keep Yuri's thighs from busting out of a couple of those outfits.

spink

@___@ I miss those shorts...

Just watched the last episode of IY well the last one that matters :p goes it get good again after yuri, sunny leaves... really dont like there replacements.. :/

how can you not like Jooyeon and Victoria?
Victoria is ultimate wife material and Jooyeon has one of the top 5 bodies in kpop'

mad

Ym1r

The synergy the original G7 had was what made it special, it took all those episodes for them to get comfortable with each other only for them to be replaced. Sunbyung will always be in my heart. Hyomin's letter was so touching, and you could tell that came from her heart. Hyomin was in a group of nobodies, they just debuted in 2009, she was a rookie, and clearly didn't know what to do. Meanwhile, Sunny gained insane popularity through Gee earlier in the year, and Genie halfway through the year as follow up promotions. You could clearly see the difference between them. Hyomin was constantly being edited out, and she was complaining about it, even asking for tips on how to be broadcasted. Naturally, she turned to her sunbaes for tips, and eventually found something in Sunny. Their relationship gradually built up, and sunbyung was born. I find it amazing how Sunny willingly taught Hyomin the ins and outs of the entertainment industry, and held onto her hand like a little sister, guiding her through all the hardships.

When that dynamic disappeared... the show felt empty to me. Even when Sunny left, she secretly asked Narsha (? maybe shinyoung) to keep an eye on Hyomin for her. Hyomin literally started to tear up when she learned about it, even though she was playfully suggesting she was good enough now to not need Sunny.

I hope they kept the friendship alive some how.

On that note, I'm disappointed in Hyomin too. She should have been like Sunny, and guided Hwayoung and Ahreum.

I wasn't too fond of maknae producer, she was kind of obnoxious sometimes (whiny hyuna)
The Taewoo-Yuri stuff was great, and the chief favoring Yuri too. Shinyoung's personal friendships with soshi too.

Also Sunhwa's hidden camera was one of the best moments. white paper persona OP

I never finished IY, I stopped when the 3 left

I purely stumbled upon IY by accident, and it was probably one of the best things to have happened ever.

I was a super-fat sone, with no respect towards any other group at the time, and I was just itching to watch soshi variety, so I figured I'd download anything I could from soshified and power-watch through it. It was the best decision I have ever made. It showed me the interactions between different groups, which led to me actually liking different girl groups. T-ara and Secret mainly, which led to other groups. (Although I think girl group music blows now)

edit: how the hell did I write that much? sry I'm like delirious right now so tired... which is why I sound like I'm rambling.

vanty

That older fans Happy Together thing was fucking hilarious. When I heard about it and that like 70% of the show was dedicated to those guys and not the girls it seemed like it'd be shit, but it was so, so good. But it was kind of cruel to have Fei there though when she was almost as ignored as the two guys who sat behind the fans since the Suzy fan obviously doesn't care about Miss A at all.

Ym1r

I know they do what they can when they see each other, but I was hoping that they built up a special kind of relationship where they meet up during their free time (even playing hookey) and do things with each other. Like BESTies.

Pendulum

I know they do what they can when they see each other, but I was hoping that they built up a special kind of relationship where they meet up during their free time (even playing hookey) and do things with each other. Like BESTies.

They've been seen hanging out before. I hope it has continued too. Most recent public interaction has been Instagram interaction.

---------

983670e1aa7bcf5dc9c6ed2485bd3104.gif

Loci

[INFO] Hyemi is the member who made the lipstick kisses on Kyungri, Eunji & Euaerin.

So, did she like, draw those or used .. urm other... techniques?

tumblr_mxbrirIS731qkljdfo1_500.jpg

No No Eul

On the subject of IY, yes it wasn't the same after the cast change but I still thought it was really entertaining. Worth sticking with IMO.

My friend just had a great idea. This year's Gayo Daejun, AOA and A Pink should do one of those crossover promotions where they do each others routine.

I second (third?) this suggestion.

Soompi said:
T-ara’s Japanese Fanclub to Close in April, Fans Worried

After receiving surprising news that the T-ara‘s Japanese fanclub “Sweet Treasure” will shut down in April, T-ara’s Japanese fans became worried that the girl group will stop their activities in Japan.

Members of the fanclub received an unexpected message that they will receive their last newsletter from the fanclub in April and that the site will close down. The fan club was closed due to T-ara not renewing their contract with CCM Japan. Worried fans thought that this was a sign that T-ara will stop performing in Japan. However, the management reassured fans saying that T-ara will come back after they finish their promotions in China.

lolwut CCM so bad that even CCM won't re-sign with them.

Soompi said:
Girls’ Generation’s “I Got a Boy” Ranks at No.5 for Time Magazine’s “Top 10 Songs of the Year”

Time magazine wrote about the group and song, “The nine-woman South Korean group Girls’ Generation is a ridiculously effective hook machine, and a major phenomenon in Asia, whose biggest pop acts make One Direction and Katy Perry sound like audience-alienating avant-gardists. If you like songs that do everything at once, go straight to YouTube and call up the over-the-top video for this monomaniacally charming hybrid of bubblegum, dubstep and hard rock, whose Korean lyrics are sprinkled with incongruous English phrases (“Ayo, stop, let me put it down another way”).”

Seohyun said:
Time says our song is the 5th best of 2013!! Thank you to the fans all over the world who showed us so much love♥-♥

Sunny said:
오..감사합니다^^ This is awesome!Thank you"@TIME: Grab your headphones, here are TIME's Top 10 songs of the year http://ti.me/191feun #TIME2013"

#yearofsnsd #yearofsnsdagain

iH5Hrsx3LP9Yk.jpg

Can i have some too?
ivfuXD0IbE1l7.gif

Sookie said:

Pendulum

-----

11220050384_0ccf714c36_o.gif

BauWIA7CMAAccUv.png:large

날씨좋은날 드라이브가고싶다. 불과 몇개월전인데..

BauU_WACYAAFNTs.jpg:large

Hey guys >_< Me in yellow! Like the hat and scarf &#51060;&#47088;&#51201;&#50630;&#50612;? &#49444;&#47112;&#50668;&#49436; &#54620;&#44751;&#52264;&#47140;&#51077;&#50632;&#45716;&#45936; &#44284;&#54620;&#44163;&#44057;&#50500;&#49436; &#45208;&#50752;&#49436; &#47751;&#44152;&#51020;&#44032;&#45796;&#44032; &#45796;&#49884; &#44040;&#50500;&#51077;&#50632;&#45912;&#51201;

Pendulum

lolwut CCM so bad that even CCM won't re-sign with them.

That bolded sentence is worded oddly.

T-ara's contract with J-ROCK in Japan is expiring and they will not resign. CCM opened a CCM Japan agency that T-ara will join instead.
T-ara will focus primarily more on Chinese activities instead of Japanese activities beginning next year

How quickly the fanclub membership contract can move from one to the other will be a test of CCM's management skills
I expect explosions, blood, people running in the street
. You hardly want Japanese fans feeling disgruntled after how well they've supported T-ara.

Aeneas

So seeing how much love Nine Muses gets here, I decided to check them out and watch their MVs. I expected them to look good, but what I didn't expect was the songs to be so good! Both Glue and Gun are really good, particularly Gun had this God Hand feel, 30s in I was already in love. I need to get their albums/EPs to see if the quality is consistent. The number 1 quality a group need to have for me to get interested is great music (hence why T-ara are always #1 for me) so this is looking really interesting... I don't have a bias yet but so far Kyungri caught my eye because she looks like a younger Narsha lol.
2862_kyungri-stop-d.jpg

On IY, yes the first cast was better but the rest is also worth watching imo. I always took the Sunny/Hyomin relationship with a grain of salt, I'm sure it is edited/loosely scripted for more drama. I mean its not like Hyomin was a nobody even at the start, T-ara were super big since day1, as soon as they debuted they were winning awards and even before debuting they were the super rookies.

Bonus Hyomin:
t-ara_hyomin+(5).png

No No Eul

How quickly the fanclub membership contract can move from one to the other will be a test of CCM's management skills
I expect explosions, blood, people running in the street

A plague of locusts, pestilence, the death of every firstborn...

llehuty

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *dead*

So seeing how much love Nine Muses gets here, I decided to check them out and watch their MVs. I expected them to look good, but what I didn't expect was the songs to be so good! Both Glue and Gun are really good, particularly Gun had this God Hand feel, 30s in I was already in love. I need to get their albums/EPs to see if the quality is consistent. The number 1 quality a group need to have for me to get interested is great music (hence why T-ara are always #1 for me) so this is looking really interesting...

Sweet Rendezvous is flawless, give it a listen.

Dice

It was good. Eunji was really great. Though, Fei basically got ignored. The hosts had to try hard to get her some attention.

Dice

I think there is a bit more to China than a few heavily polluted megacities.

Top Bottom