• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Cuddler

2BiC new song is out!

[MV] 2BiC(투빅) _ Lonely Christmas(론니 크리스마스)
The new song is a ballad, it's really good as always, if someone is interested in the meaning of the lyrics in the video there are English subtitles. 2BiC aren't in the MV, there is a story in the MV with two persons that are alone and two persons that are a couple during Christmas.
2BiC had a mini concert yesterday and here are two photos by Nextar Entertainment:
771KdZS.jpg
hedE4Pj.jpg
This week 2BiC cover is a song called "Desperado" originally singed by the "Eagles":

2BiC - desperado (original by Eagles)
Really good as always!

I've tried something "new", you can click on the images to see the videos.
Yes, I know, the play symbol isn't really well done.

dokish

Banned
I think there is a bit more to China than a few heavily polluted megacities.

What? Chinese people can wrap up an anvil around their neck and jump into the sea, I don't care, but their smog is heavily hitting Seoul. You saw the news in the OT few weeks ago? The shit is so mad over there that the security cameras can't see shit, so they wanna develop cameras that can see THROUGH smog! How fantastic!

How fucked up everything will have to be until the international community start putting pressure on them? Maybe never since they produce everything we use :(

EDIT: Actually this whole week is supposed to be 10°c hotter just because of the pollution.

NyoRx

What? Chinese people can wrap up an anvil around their neck and jump into the sea, I don't care, but their smog is heavily hitting Seoul. You saw the news in the OT few weeks ago? The shit is so mad over there that the security cameras can't see shit, so they wanna develop cameras that can see THROUGH smog! How fantastic!

How fucked up everything will have to be until the international community start putting pressure on them? Maybe never since they produce everything we use :(

EDIT: Actually this whole week is supposed to be 10°c hotter just because of the pollution.

Err... that first sentence was a bit insensitive..
Well who's to tell China that they have to slow down their economic development because of the pollution. It's a trade-off and since China is one of the major players in the international economy, if there is slowdown, it's going to affect everyone. The entire world knows it's bad. China knows it's bad. But no one is going to do anything in order to keep up their relationships with China.

Note: I took like half a semester of a 'Canadian Business' course, so I could be wrong/have no idea about everything I just said..

And to keep this relevant to this thread
Minkyung said:

Eldren

Nine Muses and T-ara's perfs were both excellent. I'm glad we got to see the Glue choreography and they looked amazing, it's just a shame the mics were playing up a bit. Great performance though, and the bits we could hear sounded really good. And I loved the set for T-ara, the whole aesthetic for this song is so much fun. A real West Side Story/Grease dancing-in-the-streets vibe.

I saw G-Dragon tweeted this to Taeyang earlier, it's brilliant. Nice touch mimicking the "filmed in one take" thing too.

the 0:37 guy can sit on my face anyday

lmao

So seeing how much love Nine Muses gets here, I decided to check them out and watch their MVs. I expected them to look good, but what I didn't expect was the songs to be so good! Both Glue and Gun are really good, particularly Gun had this God Hand feel, 30s in I was already in love. I need to get their albums/EPs to see if the quality is consistent. The number 1 quality a group need to have for me to get interested is great music (hence why T-ara are always #1 for me) so this is looking really interesting...

Nine Muses have a really solid back catalogue of songs. Honestly they're all worth listening to, check out their EPs and then their first full album Prima Donna.
Then you need to study them and tell us your bias.

Selane

I don't know why people say No Playboy is bad. I mean, it had a terrible concept and terrible choreography and they were bad at performing back then, but the song is plenty good as far as I'm concerned.

Eldren

Uncropped

Worst 9M song is the debut one, terrible. The other singles are all good.

I didn't realise the one I posted wasn't the original so I edited the proper one in. Looks better with Seo in it.

And I agree with Selane, No Playboy is a guilty pleasure for me. Even though like half of the group is completely different.

Chesskid1

Banned
oh man just watched t-ara's performance

it's been a while since they released a song that oozes fun and it shows on stage, love seeing them smiling up there instead of st8 faced like their past couple releases warranted.

i thought the song was alrite, but after seeing the first live, completely destroys number 9 for me, one of their best songs which says a lot with their track record. infectious, like roly poly. i love the retro melody it samples so much. can't wait for their next performance.

t-ara 4 lyfe

1386241190_616087.jpg

imma bring back my music shows posts for this comeback for sure

neoism

how can you not like Jooyeon and Victoria?
Victoria is ultimate wife material and Jooyeon has one of the top 5 bodies in kpop'

mad

Jooyeon is really hot, but Victoria just trys to hard doesn't do much for me, has a nice body though... I mean I loved the original three that left and the replacements are just lol
Even if Vic and Jooyeon were great IY dynamics suffered when cast changed...

ioxZueFn382tN.jpg

tumblr_mxbugjVgTk1ryot7ro1_500.jpg

ib1IpRdYylQSCl.jpg
yeah most def... will probably stop watching but when did Hyo join the show? Nice avy change luso <3
lol taes mad face <3 <3 <3

neoism

The synergy the original G7 had was what made it special, it took all those episodes for them to get comfortable with each other only for them to be replaced. Sunbyung will always be in my heart. Hyomin's letter was so touching, and you could tell that came from her heart. Hyomin was in a group of nobodies, they just debuted in 2009, she was a rookie, and clearly didn't know what to do. Meanwhile, Sunny gained insane popularity through Gee earlier in the year, and Genie halfway through the year as follow up promotions. You could clearly see the difference between them. Hyomin was constantly being edited out, and she was complaining about it, even asking for tips on how to be broadcasted. Naturally, she turned to her sunbaes for tips, and eventually found something in Sunny. Their relationship gradually built up, and sunbyung was born. I find it amazing how Sunny willingly taught Hyomin the ins and outs of the entertainment industry, and held onto her hand like a little sister, guiding her through all the hardships.

When that dynamic disappeared... the show felt empty to me. Even when Sunny left, she secretly asked Narsha (? maybe shinyoung) to keep an eye on Hyomin for her. Hyomin literally started to tear up when she learned about it, even though she was playfully suggesting she was good enough now to not need Sunny.

I hope they kept the friendship alive some how.

On that note, I'm disappointed in Hyomin too. She should have been like Sunny, and guided Hwayoung and Ahreum.

I wasn't too fond of maknae producer, she was kind of obnoxious sometimes (whiny hyuna)
The Taewoo-Yuri stuff was great, and the chief favoring Yuri too. Shinyoung's personal friendships with soshi too.

Also Sunhwa's hidden camera was one of the best moments. white paper persona OP

I never finished IY, I stopped when the 3 left

I purely stumbled upon IY by accident, and it was probably one of the best things to have happened ever.

I was a super-fat sone, with no respect towards any other group at the time, and I was just itching to watch soshi variety, so I figured I'd download anything I could from soshified and power-watch through it. It was the best decision I have ever made. It showed me the interactions between different groups, which led to me actually liking different girl groups. T-ara and Secret mainly, which led to other groups. (Although I think girl group music blows now)

edit: how the hell did I write that much? sry I'm like delirious right now so tired... which is why I sound like I'm rambling.

yeah in a way it got me started with Kpop altogether I was bant for a week from gaf and was bored so I clicked the kpop thread.. its funny looking back to because I remember taeyeon and some of SNSD looking familiar but it just didn't hit me then.. It was Sunhwa I saw that got me watching kpop and IY was the first one I seen... I still think Sunhwa is gorgeous, but watching IY I noticed Sunny and Yuri, and then I just started to watching all SNSD... Now all I care about is Taeyeon and SNSD.... I legit love the music and the 9 girls.... snsd fo lif.... I really dont care about any other group........

Tangeroo

It was good. Eunji was really great. Though, Fei basically got ignored. The hosts had to try hard to get her some attention.

Seriously. It'd be more accurate to call that guy a Suzy fan. I always feel really bad for Fei whenever she's on a show with any other member(s) from Miss A. She always seems to get the least amount of attention (I get that she's quiet) despite the fact that she's quite talented and charming.

Aeneas

Sweet Rendezvous is flawless, give it a listen.

Just listened to Sweet Rendezvous and Prima Donna, both very nice - will follow their Glue promotions, I hope they do well.

That dress... She looks much better here than in number 9, I think the concept suits her better.

The song itself is great, I missed fun T-ara, as soon as I saw them gossiping at the start I thought roly poly, but still keeps a heavy beat like number 9 when the verse comes. Shinsadong Tiger can do no wrong this year: This, number 9, NoNoNo, Troublemaker, Ailee...

Nine Muses have a really solid back catalogue of songs. Honestly they're all worth listening to, check out their EPs and then their first full album Prima Donna.
Then you need to study them and tell us your bias.

Yep really interested from what I saw, now I'm trying to put names to faces, maybe find some variety to help.

Eldren

Just listened to Sweet Rendezvous and Prima Donna, both very nice - will follow their Glue promotions, I hope they do well.

Glad to hear you like them! Both great albums. Don't worry, we're approaching #NineMuses2014 the #YearOfNineMuses so we'll be seeing lots more of them. (Hopefully.)

Yep really interested from what I saw, now I'm trying to put names to faces, maybe find some variety to help.

Good plan. They've also done a few radio shows which are good fun, so check those out if you can. If you're watching older videos, be careful if you go back too far because they've had quite a few member changes. Hyuna, Kyungri and Sungah joined the group or replaced former members quite a few years after the debut, so there'll be videos with ex-members. Most of the girls are on twitter or instagram as well, they might be able to help put names to faces (the hardest part of getting into a new group.)

I liked No Playboy, too.
And Ladies

LAY-DEES LAY-DEES.

neoism

Heard the SNSD's new songs preview only. It would be an awesome mini. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a9jYJroiE0
Love those Taeyeon's voice parts.

Heard the whole album preview. The mix does not result very well... Had a 5/5 star potential but the songs from the single are mostly out of place in with the new songs. Damn you SM!

I hate these BB cream /white stuff. Why this became a thing!?

I think its just because your used to them and have heard them before... I really wish this was a completely new album with all new songs( as in the same songs but if they where unreleased) it would have be insane but I still love all the songs... I would say that they're first Japanese release is still the best it had and more serious techno vibe but this album is BOSS...

isuzu

I hate these BB cream /white stuff. Why this became a thing!?

The problem isn't BB creams and stuff. Anything with SPF will make your face whiter than it is on pictures. Makeup!unni just didn't use the right setting powder on her face or they just don't care because Korea loves some bathtub skin. /makeup rant

Ym1r

The red lipstick also creates an awkward contrast.

Anyway BB cream is awesome, I use it and it does wonders.

also azn culture -> milky white skin = pretty and was a status symbol in the past
Tanned skin = you had sit out in the sun and work all day.

Fafnir

uggh, reminds me of when I went to prom with my girlfriend in hs. She was half white/Korean so was already fairly pale, but then her mom did her makeup and made her look like a ghost. I was pretty shocked but had to be all like, "omg you look soooo good!"

I went back to Korea this past summer and the first thing my moms said to me was that I should wear BB cream lol
tfLEr5Y.gif

Loving Karma Butterfly, can't wait for the album drop.

Another week and another chapter of K-Pop GAF's favorite drama...

Hot Coffee - Chapter 4 - The Love Doctor

Trouble brews when Ramyeon runs into a sasaeng fan, meanwhile Dokish frequents the outskirts of Hongdae for some peace and quiet, but is that the truth or is it a lie?

Written by me and ryan-ts, with special thanks to Cuddler for the concept of the story.

Enjoy!

No No Eul

I really enjoyed that episode of Happy Together. The fans of Eunji and Minah seemed like good blokes. That Suzy fan tho...

That's awesome.

The whole EXO thing was sogood.gif

is dokish a racist in your play?

lol

Hani said:

FILA 2013 TERRA LOVE STORY_30s_A
FILA 2013 TERRA LOVE STORY_30s_B
FILA 2013 TERRA LOVE STORY_Making film
Starring everyone's favourite rhythmic gymnast.

Top Bottom