• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

wwlnd

Banned
s o much sulli, my goodness. thank you!

always love seeing lee minho's brother in heirs on screen. couldn't stop laughing when i heard his voice, he's like the terminator. hope to see him in more dramas....

Pendulum

Drinking and video games. Hyeyeon top tier.

Heh, photo was replaced with one that didn't feature alcohol.
c3e92efe5f8611e3a27f12af4f1aab7d_8.jpg

------

ciJuIff.jpg

pZePIzY.jpg

oZULMEq.jpg

ZkcW1x7.jpg

p68DPFs.jpg

Erin so cute

Peru

Most of the time, seriously? Even their concerts seem to be lipsynced.

I mean, I just came back from Osaka to watch Japanese act Perfume on tour and all but two songs were completely lipsynced. Not that that mattered. In long shows featuring lots of dancing some numbers will be lipsynced in general.

K-netizens dissect TV shows and digitally remove the backing track to see how much/well the singers sing live. Pretty ruthless if they don't.

Your blanket statements carry no value. "their". "them". "these". Who? There are a ton of artists of many styles in Korean pop. Name names and I can provide you with material.

I mean, I just came back from Osaka to watch Japanese act Perfume on tour and all but two songs were completely lipsynced. Not that that mattered. In long shows featuring lots of dancing some numbers will be lipsynced in general.

K-netizens dissect TV shows and digitally remove the backing track to see how much/well the singers sing live. Pretty ruthless if they don't.

Your blanket statements carry no value. "their". "them". "these". Who? There are a ton of artists of many styles in Korean pop. Name names and I can provide you with material.

Just take whatever videos are posted in this thread; 99% of the time it's obviously lip synced.

However I've noticed that when some groups perform, like SNSD, a few of the talented ones get to sing live, while the shitty ones like Yoona resort to playback. I thought that was interesting.

I just watched some concert by SNSD in Tokyo on Youtube. Basically everything was lip synced. The fans spend a lot of money to go see these groups perform, and they get smacked in the face.

luso

You know your are obviously lying, why the trouble posting here? Do you know the difference between backtrack and lip sync? And I find funny you mentions to snsd and particularly Yoona, you have an obsession here.

You are watching an edited version of a concert in youtube. They perform about 30 songs and a handful of them are lip sync if many, the others are live. They aren't acoustic concerts, don't expect all singing to be live, that's why some parts have backtrack. To ignore this and then say everything is lip sync is just dumb.

Peru

In general tv appearances are done with a backing track and live vocals, and quite often lipsynced choruses for dance pop number. Same as in every country, although certainly a greater live percentage than something like AKB48 - not that there aren't talented members of that group either. There are certainly k-pop artists who are not very good at singing, just as there are outstanding performers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rEad50fhI

Solo or girl group, boy group, same goes. It's just no use to generalize any scene.

In general tv appearances are done with a backing track and live vocals, and quite often lipsynced choruses for dance pop number. Same as in every country, although certainly a greater live percentage than something like AKB48 - not that there aren't talented members of that group either. There are certainly k-pop artists who are not very good at singing, just as there are outstanding performers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rEad50fhI

Solo or girl group, boy group, same goes. It's just no use to generalize any scene.
Do you think it's acceptable that only 2 songs out of how many (~15?), are not lipsynced? It's a live concert for the fans, not some TV appearance. If it's too difficult to both sing and dance, then maybe they should cut down on the dancing.

Peru

Do you think it's acceptable that only 2 songs out of how many (~15?), are not lipsynced? It's a live concert for the fans, not some TV appearance. If it's too difficult to both sing and dance, then maybe they should cut down on the dancing.

In Perfume's case they've always done something more similar to performance, modern dance mixed with the spectacle of a Daft Punk pyramid show than a simple pop performance. The result is someting unique and I wouldn't want that sacrificed for more live vocals. In most cases when I go to concerts I do expect live singing though, yes. The only kpop concert I've been to, BoA, was sung live from the first song to the last with only a live band backing her.

luso

01 GENIE
02 you-aholic
03 MR.TAXI
04 I’m In Love With The HERO
05 Let It Rain
06 Snowy Wish
07 ETUDE
08 Kissing you
09 Oh!
10 THE GREAT ESCAPE
11 BAD GIRL
12 Run Devil Run intro
13 Run Devil Run
14 Beautiful Stranger
15 HOOT
16 Complete
17 My Child
18 Ice Boy
19 HaHaHaSong
20 Gee
21 BORN TO BE A LADY
22 Into the new world
23 Way to go
24 It’s Fantastic!
plus individual stages makes their 1st Japanese tour.
Go watch some fancams as they have unedited sound.

Edit: full list http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Girls'_Generation_Tour_DVD

luso

So from a list you are saying it is lip sync, good argument, mr. Troll.

Korean songs weren't as well their individual acts. Probably most of Japanese songs were except the ones from the singles.
Their 1st Asian tour 2010 is well documented and there are tons of fancams, and here almost all were sung live.

Peru

Yeah I don't know what you're trying to say, it's all lipsynced.

Now instead I'd like to go back to your comments on Seoul and Korea, because people really should've put you against the wall on those. You went to Seoul and it wasn't Tokyo. Newsflash: It isn't Tokyo. Do you know what downtown Seoul looked like as early as 30-40 years ago? This is the central bank district in the 70s:

17-01(62).jpg

17-02(55).jpg

17-04(21).jpg

The changes that have happened to this city have happened with supersonic speed. With this sudden development as the country went from poorer than NK through dictatorships and finally democracy and the miracle by the Han in the 90s , how could it and why should it have the historic weight as a city that Tokyo has? Some parts will seem disjointed, some neighbourhoods more charming than others. The big changes are still happening, even if most of downtown is now shiny glass and metal. Some aspects are, as a result, better than in most cities, including Tokyo. The subway system is probably the world's best. In other aspects, naturally, Tokyo has the upper hand, because of course - it's been a central metropol for decades. Whether the nightlife is better, whether it's more fun there, is about personal preferences.

Now what pleasure did you take in observing this and turning the comparison of two nations into a fanboy thing? Nationalistic bigotry is unpleasant anytime and feels especially out of place blurted out unprovoked in a pop thread. You take this defensive, zealous LDP party view of your beloved Japan and have the nerve to call others 'koreaboo'? Others of us have indeed been to both Korea and Japan and manage to appreciate the differences and find things of value in both places.

So from a list you are saying it is lip sync, good argument, mr. Troll.

Korean songs weren't as well their individual acts. Probably most of Japanese songs were except the ones from the singles.
Their 1st Asian tour 2010 is well documented and there are tons of fancams, and here almost all were sung live.
If you have watched the concert DVD and if you have functioning eyes and ears, you will realize that it is lipsynced. I'm talking about the Japanese tour btw.

Are you trying to tell me that this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnxm5jHeyZY

is live?

Now instead I'd like to go back to your comments on Seoul and Korea, because people really should've put you against the wall on those. You went to Seoul and it wasn't Tokyo. Newsflash: It isn't Tokyo. Do you know what downtown Seoul looked like as early as 30-40 years ago? This is the central bank district in the 70s:

17-01(62).jpg

Looks a little bit like the area my hotel was in.

Peru

It's a meaningless, arbitrary comparison, and your way of presenting it, as well as the other comments on Korean culture, paints a picture of a bigot as well as a coward. I wanted to go for the ball first, since it's a k-pop thread, to see if you had any specific things to say, answers to counter-arguments, but general shit stirring was as far as it went and you didn't want or couldn't join in.

llehuty

*.* I want to be like Peru when I get older. Bravo. *llehuty bows down*

Who let the racist dude in

Oh and I'm back from Osaka seeing Perfume with 50k other party peopleeee

How was it? How amazing are the new songs live?

I had never seen that Younha performance. She is so good.

llehuty

Peru was awarded the best Norway citizen in 2003 b cause of a school project to maintain safe and clean neighborhoods in his town.

:O Peru fanclub needs to happen.
I'm in.

Kpop Mistake & Accident [GIRL'S DAY only.] Almost half of them are from a gayo performance last year in the slippery outdoors stage. Hopefully this year they are promoted to indoor performances.

Nine Muses at Top Gear Korea part 1 and part 2. Highlights:

Dolls/Glue short performance
Kyungri & Sera aegyo
Eunji apparently recognizes the sound of different car engines.
Kyungri, Eunji, Sera and Erin doing a time trial.
Fake edit: Oooop I just saw Pendulum post. Keeping this anyway.

EXO - Miracle in December (Inkigayo comeback stage). What a flawless performance/stage.

Apparently, VIXX wore black bows in honor of Nelson Mandela at MuBank.

Top Bottom