• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Eldren

Also, I need FQ
fiddle quality
gifs of this and this.

I tried making one of Sungah's part but it came out really bad. I'm still learning the process (using fiddle's method described on his tumblr) but the video quality wasn't good enough to actually produce a decent gif. Anyone know the best way to get high quality videos? I'm guessing "not youtube" is the first step? I'm rubbish at stuff like this.

An unused Glue promo shot from Erin's twitter:
tumblr_mxfn6hrytg1qfssjlo1_400.png

Muses photos

Moon WHAT are you doing?

Show Music Core 20131207 Nine Muses - Glue Great performance again. Love this choreography. (Edit: Beaten by Pendulum. That T-ara performance was brilliant, so much fun.)

SMTOWN WEEK Girls' Generation "Märchen Fantasy"_Girls' Generation Interview. Subbed by SM themselves, long may this trend continue. Sunny, Tiffany and Seohyun talking about their upcoming show at SMTown week. Special stages and big previews, all very exciting stuff.
Girls' Generation-SHY debut, believe.

Yoona is a shit actress and an even shittier singer. Just goes to show that in Korea you just have to look good to make it in show biz. She literally has zero talent, along with many other of these plastic surgery freaks

Ym1r

Yoona is a shit actress and an even shittier singer. Just goes to show that in Korea you just have to look good to make it in show biz. She literally has zero talent, along with many other of these plastic surgery freaks

That's kinda mean. I'll agree that she is a bad actress, but there are plenty of other crappy ass actors and actresses too, Lee Seung Gi just to point out one. Dude overacts, was especially visible in My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox.

As for singing, she can sing a hell of a lot better than me, if you're comparing it to other singers like Taeng, Hyorin, Younha, etc, then sure I guess shes pretty crappy. But shes decent enough. She can also dance well enough too.

Shes always been seen as the visual of the group anyway.

anyway, if they have zero talent I must have negative talent then.

llehuty

This Sungah fancam is everything. I love artists having fun on the stage and LMAO @ Sera's ass drumrolling at 2:02.

Assassin Alta1r will hunt you down.

Loci

Anyone know the best way to get high quality videos?
Torrents are used to distribute HQ performances the day the get broadcasted. There are some blogs which upload on 1click hoster but they usually take a day or two to upload the full show.

Tell us something new, friend.
Also -> in Korea <- you just have to look good to make it in show biz.
I've got news for you.

dokish

Banned
The SM Town Concert is gonna blow, specifically because is being sold by G Market, the biggest selling website in Korea, like Amazon for US. I can see myself in a PC Bang trying to buy and the thing being sold out in 55 seconds...

Anyway, I'll try to get tickets, time to pull someone else off stage.

Tell us something new, friend.
Also -> in Korea <- you just have to look good to make it in show biz.
I've got news for you.

Are you implying that the same is true everywhere? Because it isn't even remotely the same. In Korea, if you don't have the looks, then good luck getting anywhere with the exception being comedians (because you know, it's fun when weird looking/fat people make jokes). If you look good (which is easily possible these days due to plastic surgery) then evidently you don't need to have any real talent. Just look at Yoona (which is just one of many examples).

She is the very definition of mediocre. Can she act? Hell no. Can she sing? Nooope. Can she dance? I guess, but not much better than any other girl group member. Despite this, she is in the most successful girl group in Korea and getting acting gigs, making millions.

All of this is possible due to Korea's weird idol culture. It's creepy as shit.

Eldren

Torrents are used to distribute HQ performances the day the get broadcasted. There are some blogs which upload on 1click hoster but they usually take a day or two to upload the full show.

Thanks for the tip! I'll do some digging around and see if I can improve.

Are you implying that the same is true everywhere? Because it isn't even remotely the same. In Korea, if you don't have the looks, then good luck getting anywhere with the exception being comedians (because you know, it's fun when weird looking/fat people make jokes). If you look good (which is easily possible these days due to plastic surgery) then evidently you don't need to have any real talent. Just look at Yoona (which is just one of many examples).

She is the very definition of mediocre. Can she act? Hell no. Can she sing? Nooope. Can she dance? I guess, but not much better than any other girl group member. Despite this, she is in the most successful girl group in Korea and getting acting gigs, making millions.

Most of those shows are equivalent to soaps... All soaps have good looking people that can't act.

Loci

Well you're pretty ignorant. And yes I implied that. You find the same scheme to a somewhat comparable extent pretty much everywhere. If you don't like Idols just stay away from it. You're not the one to judge nations and or their culture.
Btw I don't even deny your points regarding yoona, but you seem kinda upset in general.

It's a popculture, meaning popular people are making the big moniez and not your supet talent opera singers.

I'm also trying to say that Korea's idol culture is creepy as shit, that Korea is probably the most superficial country on this planet, and that most people I came across there were rude as fuck (such a big difference compared to Japan).

llehuty

Not quite fiddle quality but better than my first attempt. (Thanks to wwlnd for the help)

That gif is great, dat eldren magic.
hyoyeon7.gif

Found this gif on first k-pop gaf thread (hyoyeon and jiyeon megaposts inside).

Fake edit: Wow, OP was already god tier back then. All that info *.*

Bizzaro dokish. Blanket hate for a country is constant, but it's Korea instead of Japan.
LMAO. If k-pop gaf fanfic turns into sci-fi or fantasy, this has to be included somehow.

Fafnir

Soshi's end of year concert Märchen Fantasy going to have individual stages. Hope FP get's some good footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APbm2gU8TeQ

Girls’ Generation’s December 22nd solo concert will be called, “SMTOWN WEEK GIRLS’ GENERATION – Märchen Fantasy”. The concert will have a fairytale-like visual theme, with lots of different stages and showy video effects.

A special event will also be held. The girls will be performing “Gee”, “The Boys”, and others, along with some classic Christmas carols. The members have also prepared individual performances.

Maknae snooper found 2ny about to sex.
zHnl7qq.gif
X38dFHk.gif

6XowZpm.gif

rooflapimp sounds like dokish's arch nemesis.

Haha true that. Can we put rooflapimp as the best troll of the year on the K-Pop GAF awards? Maybe he and Dokish can duke it out or something lol.

KKS better watch out, that knife is probably gonna go straight through his heart the next they meet.

Btw, anybody know if someone's subbing Fashion King Korea?

Eldren

Guys look, I know we all like to stroke our erect cocks while looking at these above average ladies "perform", but lets not pretend they are good for anything more than that. They are not artists, they are glorified pin-up girls, with a few exceptions.

dokish

Banned
I'm also trying to say that Korea's idol culture is creepy as shit, that Korea is probably the most superficial country on this planet, and that most people I came across there were rude as fuck (such a big difference compared to Japan).

When were you in Seoul? And what areas exactly you frequented?
They might just be reacting to you... Not saying you were doing bad shit, but sometimes foreigners come here without learning about the country and its culture and might be perceived as rude by the locals. A lot of things that might be "normal" for us may be very sensitive things for them. Let's not neglect that our entire body is a big signal about our thoughts. A funny look, a crooked nose, one facial reaction might be enough for people to grasp your true intentions.

I think Koreans are the sweetest creatures ever. Everyone I've been I collected nothing but great stories. People almost wanted me to seat on their laps or hold me on their arms.

When were you in Seoul? And what areas exactly you frequented?
They might just be reacting to you... Not saying you were doing bad shit, but sometimes foreigners come here without learning about the country and its culture and might be perceived as rude by the locals. A lot of things that might be "normal" for us may be very sensitive things for them. Let's not neglect that our entire body is a big signal about our thoughts. A funny look, a crooked nose, one facial reaction might be enough for people to grasp your true intentions.

I think Koreans the sweetest creatures ever. Everyone I've been I collected nothing but great stories. People almost wanted me to seat on their laps or hold me on their arms.

I was there a couple of months ago. I've lived in Japan for a couple of years, I know about the importance of respecting other people's culture. Compared to Tokyo, Seoul was dirty, smelly, and everyone just seemed in a bad mood all the time.

When I was in a restaurant and asked for a glass of water, they told me to go fetch it myself, because the staff were fucking sitting next to our table having dinner. Wtf was that about?

Btw, Seoul was boring as shit, won't be going back there again. Seemed to have nothing to offer, unless you are a fan of shopping for whitening cream.

dokish

Banned
I was there a couple of months ago. I've lived in Japan for a couple of years, I know about the importance of respecting other people's culture. Compared to Tokyo, Seoul was dirty, smelly, and everyone just seemed in a bad mood all the time.

When I was in a restaurant and asked for a glass of water, they told me to go fetch it myself, because the staff were fucking sitting next to our table having dinner. Wtf was that about?

Btw, Seoul was boring as shit, won't be going back there again. Seemed to have nothing to offer, unless you are a fan of shopping for whitening cream.

Hmm... do you have any other reasons to hate an entire country instead of those? Because what you just complained about, well:

a) People "seemed" in bad mood? Where? When? In the streets? If that's the case, maybe they were having a bad day, what's the big deal? And if they seemed in a bad mood, why not try talking to them and see what's happening? I never disliked someone because "they seemed in a bad mood". Maybe all they need is someone brighten up their day.

b) Koreans staff eat in the "costumer's table" all the day when it's time to eat. It's normal here. In America or anywhere, with a big stratified view of society, a waiter have to sneak back in the kitchen for his break. Here, they have a meal together with costumers. You misunderstood what he said. He didn't said "Go get your fucking water, prick", what he said is "Water here is self-served". In Korea a looot of places have self-served water, kimchi and pickled radish, ahd they have big signs telling you that, usually in front of your eyes when you seat or enter the establishment. Can you read Korean? You took too personally and that's it.

c) You took a look at Lonely Plant or the Korea Tourism Organization website? Seoul is a mixed city with a lot of old palaces and beautiful skyscrapers. They have TONS AND TONS AND TONS of shit to visit. Sorry, but everyone will tell you were wrong about this one. Absolutely every place holds some history. Have you ever been to Norayngjin, the fish market? Perhaps the palace destroyed by the Japanese, but reconstructed by Koreans? - Known as Gyeongbokgung. You took a walk through Cheonggyecheon? Because it is impossible to not fall in love. If you ONLY went to Myeondong, which is the area CROWDED with JAPANESE AND CHINESE looking for WHITENING CREAM, then yes Korea is gonna suck.

Yeah, looks like your typical case of foreigner who didn't do their homework and was received "badly" by the country. How many days you spent in here? Doesn't seem more than 4. Plus this is an asian country. As much as Koreans study english their whole lives, you WON'T be able to survive and have quality time here without knowing the basics.

It's a shame you had such bad impressions from here, but they are all your fault.

EDIT: You even searched for tour bus? Because that's the first thing normal people usually do in a country they recently arrived. In Korea you have a 10 bucks bus that's runs almost all day long (9am - 5pm) and everyone knows about it. It is in every freaking youtube video "what to do in Seoul" or any touristic info. Also in Korea you'll find flyers recommending this.

Hmm... do you have any other reasons to hate an entire country instead of those? Because what you just complained about, well:

a) People "seemed" in bad mood? Where? When? In the streets? If that's the case, maybe they were having a bad day, what's the big deal? And if they seemed in a bad mood, why not try talking to them and see what's happening? I never disliked someone because "they seemed in a bad mood". Maybe all they need is someone brighten up their day.

b) Koreans staff eat in the "costumer's table" all the day when it's time to eat. It's normal here. In America or anywhere, with a big stratified view of society, a waiter have to sneak back in the kitchen for his break. Here, they have a meal together with costumers. You misunderstood what he said. He didn't said "Go get your fucking water, prick", what he said is "Water here is self-served". In Korea a looot of places have self-served water, kimchi and pickled radish, ahd they have big signs telling you that, usually in front of your eyes when you seat or enter the establishment. Can you read Korean?

c) You took a look at Lonely Plant or the Korea Tourism Organization website? Seoul is a mixed city with a lot of old palaces and beautiful skyscrapers. They have TONS AND TONS AND TONS of shit to visit. Sorry, but everyone will tell you were wrong about this one. Absolutely every place holds some history. Have you ever been to Norayngjin, the fish market? Perhaps the palace destroyed by the Japanese, but reconstructed by Koreans? - Known as Gyeongbokgung. You took a walk through Cheonggyecheon? Because it is impossible to not fall in love. If you ONLY wen to Myeondong, with is the area CROWDED with JAPANESE AND CHINESE looking for WHITENING CREAM, them yes Korea is gonna suck.

Yeah, looks like your typical case of someone who didn't do their homework and as received "badly" by the country. How many days you spent in here? Doesn't seem more than 4. Plus this is an asian country. As much as Koreans study english their holes lives, you WON'T be able to survive and have quality time here without knowing the basics.

It's a shame you had such bad impressions from here, but they are all your fault.

In any normal restaurant, if a customer asks a waitress for water, she will get it for you. But I guess it's different in glorious Korea. And no I can't read Korean, should that be a problem in a restaurant? That's what I'm talking about, fucking rude culture is what it is. When I first came to Japan I couldn't read much Japanese, but it has never been a problem.

People are rude because they are rude. People are shoving and screaming in the trains, the staff in stores are impolite, etc. Old women in track suits smelling like they just took a huge dump in their adult diapers screaming at the top of their lungs at god knows what. It's like bizarro Japan. When me and my friend I was travelling with were lost, we went into a convenience store to ask for directions. We had a map in our hands, and before we even had time to say anything, the guy just said "No English!" and pointed towards the exit. Come on dude, don't give me this bullshit that I need to learn the language just to have a nice time in a foreign country.

I went to a ton of different places. I'm sorry, they all pale in comparison to Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, etc. I guess I expected too much from a second tier city like Seoul :( I guess that's my fault, having such high expectations.

Btw, you sound like a typical Koreaboo. Let me guess, you went there in hope of shagging a few of the locals?

dokish

Banned
I've lived in Japan for a couple of years, I know about the importance of respecting other people's culture.

In any normal restaurant, if a customer asks a waitress for water, she will get it for you.
And no I can't read Korean, should that be a problem in a restaurant? That's what I'm talking about, fucking rude culture is what it is. When I first came to Japan I couldn't read much Japanese, but it has never been a problem.
You just gotta agree that you got lucky and Japan might work differently than Korea. It is a problem when they clearly advise you about something. Is like having a sign written "no pets" and then you enter with your pet; someone asks you to leave and you think "how fucking rude!"

People are rude because they are rude. People are shoving and screaming in the trains, the staff in stores are impolite, etc. Old women in track suits smelling like they just took a huge dump in their adult diapers screaming at the top of their lungs at god knows what. It's like bizarro Japan.
Not worth the effort.
I went to a ton of different places. I'm sorry, they all pale in comparison to Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, etc. I guess I expected too much from a second tier city like Seoul :( I guess that's my fault, having such high expectations.
Yes you right. Please stay outside of Korea, we are just fine without people like you.
Btw, you sound like a typical Koreaboo. Let me guess, you went there in hope of shagging a few of the locals?
Shagging locals, attending university, opening a business and eventually I wish to naturalize here.

And I'm the one who least likes K-Pop in this board.

Yes you right. Please stay outside of Korea, we are just fine without people like you.

I'm sorry buddy, as a foreigner you will never be "we" with the Koreans. At least that is something that works the same in Japan and Korea.

But good luck with all of that.

dokish

Banned
When I say "we" I mean we mature, civilized, well-balanced, flexible, open-minded and willingness people; doesn't matter if you are a foreigner or a native. I would be so glad if we could have more people like Peru living in Korea, because I know him personally and I know what he does here and his impact in the small culture of the community he is part of. Or other international friends that I have that teach english.

Infantile animu pricks better stay in their country sniffing panties and watching hentai.

EDIT: Sorry, this post is very offensive. It was a childish response. I apologize. But I truly mean "we" as in "we everybody that lives here and cares for this culture".

When I say "we" I mean we mature, civilized, well-balanced, flexible, open-minded and willingness people; doesn't matter if you are a foreigner or a native. I would be so glad if we could have more people like Peru living in Korea, because I know him personally and I know what he does here and his impact in the small culture of the community he is part of. Or other international friends that I have that teach english.

Infantile animu pricks better stay in their country sniffing panties and watching hentai.
Yep, your goals were so noble. Flying to Korea to fuck k-pop look-a-likes. Don't give me this holier than thou attitude, my friend.

wwlnd

Banned
have you been to japan dokish? i enjoyed soeoul more than japan, but people in japan were hands down more polite than in soeul

llehuty

Last time dokish spoke of Japan didn't end well.

Seriously guys, tone it down a bit. You can have this exact same conversation without being so disrespectful.

tumblr_inline_mf7bcsErwm1qltqg1.gif

dokish

Banned
I'm far from a saint. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying I truly embrace this culture and try to understand and relate to those people. I genuinely like here; I read as much as I can about their history, I almost interrogated everyone that I know to get to know more about this place.

I'm just saying that trashing Korea because "people yelled inside trains" and one woman who clearly finished exercising (with her tracksuits) and was "smelling bad" just sounds ridiculous.

I behave here the same say I did in Brazil and no I didn't come here just to fuck idol-looking woman. I came here because I was fascinated by the sound of the language and the culture looked so unique and different, since as westerners we hear all the time about China and Japan but not Korea. Korea was fresh and I liked it.

I know you have your reasons to like Japan too, I was in love with everything about it until 5 or so years ago... But yeah, your reasons for hating Korea are still flawed and poorly explained.

Whatever you say. Just good you don't have to work here though. Imagine your company transferring you to a place you hate.

EDIT:
Last time dokish spoke of Japan didn't end well.

But I'm not saying anything about Japan.

have you been to japan dokish? i enjoyed soeoul more than japan, but people in japan were hands down more polite than in soeul

What you mean by more polite? Bowing and saying "Welcome" or "Goodbye"?

Here people hugged me on the subway, on the streets. At least once a week when I go to eat, someone asks where I'm from and keeps chatting nonstop with me. I go to coffee shops where the clerks asks why I didn't showed up for the past few days. I chit-chat with them. I get their numbers (not with bad intentions). People invite me to do stuff out of the blue. Costumers leave me generous tips when I say I'm from Brazil, talk a little about soccer and life in Korea. I'm not gonna include all the bus driver stories I have. Once a guy took the bus out of the garage just for me and didn't charged, I was lost as fuck and he helped me out. One old lady gives me one side dish that I really love but is not part of the regular meal. People offered to pay for my meal in restaurants.

I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just trying to understand this heart-warmed people you guys are talking about.

When have I ever said that I hate Korea? I said that I dislike the idol culture and that I found the people incredibly rude. I also dislike the idol culture of Japan, but it seems far more exaggerated in Korea.

And dokish, have you been to Japan? If so, do you honestly consider Koreans more polite than Japanese in restaurants, stores, etc? If so, you are probably one of few foreigners who think that.

What you mean by more polite? Bowing and saying "Welcome" or "Goodbye"?

Here people hugged me on the subway, on the streets. At least once a week when I go to eat, someone asks where I'm from and keeps chatting nonstop with me. I go to coffee shops where the clerks asks why I didn't showed up for the past few days. I chit-chat with them. I get their numbers (not with bad intentions). People invite me to do stuff out of the blue. Costumers leave me generous tips when I say I'm from Brazil, talk a little about soccer and life in Korea. I'm not gonna include all the bus driver stories I have. Once a guy took the bus out of the garage just for me and didn't charged, I was lost as fuck and he helped me out. One old lady gives me one side dish that I really love but is not part of the regular meal. People offered to pay for my meal in restaurants.

I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just trying to understand this heart-warmed people you guys are talking about.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but a lot of that stuff doesn't come from them being naturally polite; they are fascinated by you because you are different from them. When I was in Seoul, some random guy came up from behind and said in broken English something like "Hi dude what's up!" and shook my hand.

Even though this guy was obviously mentally handicapped, I wasn't really comfortable with a random dude shaking my hand like that, since I knew the only reason he did it was because I was, in his eyes, different. For you that might be a nice gesture, but I would dare to say that most people don't care for it. As for random people hugging you in the street? Fuck that, man.

vanty

When have I ever said that I hate Korea? I said that I dislike the idol culture and that I found the people incredibly rude. I also dislike the idol culture of Japan, but it seems far more exaggerated in Korea.

And dokish, have you been to Japan? If so, do you honestly consider Koreans more polite than Japanese in restaurants, stores, etc? If so, you are probably one of few foreigners who think that.

This thread is about idols, it makes no sense to post in here if you hate them.

For you that might be a nice gesture, but I would dare to say that most people don't care for it.

Come on dude, you said yourself... different strokes for different folks yet you're still in here trying to argue that you're absolutely correct about everything in this world and shitting up the entire thread.

So what if Korean people are rude and Japanese people are the nicest? Who gives a flying fuck about all that bullshit?

If you wanna argue about the worst Asian people in this planet start a thread in OT, don't come in here and pretending the shit coming out of your mouth is the absolute truth. You're NOT convincing any of us that you're right.

Come on dude, you said yourself... different strokes for different folks yet you're still in here trying to argue that you're absolutely correct about everything in this world and shitting up the entire thread.

So what if Korean people are rude and Japanese people are the nicest? Who gives a flying fuck about all that bullshit?

If you wanna argue about the worst Asian people in this planet start a thread in OT, don't come in here and pretending the shit coming out of your mouth is the absolute truth. You're NOT convincing any of us that you're right.
Funny thing is, most of you have been to neither country. Only thing you've done is oogling at the k-pop ladies behind your computer screen.

dokish

Banned
Trying to get a ticket to Davichi concert. Put my name on waiting list. Apparently there's other 319 people ahead of me. As soon as one ticket is available I will receive one SMS and e-mail.

Never listened their music. Are they worth the money? Please recommend songs.

13011958-02.jpg

milkham

Funny thing is, most of you have been to neither country. Only thing you've done is oogling at the k-pop ladies behind your computer screen.

oh snap, the "you're just a bunch of nerds behind your computers" rebuttal, thread is over folks,rooflapimp wins.

Top Bottom