• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Nyanko

Neo Member
Welcome Nyanko !
Ok, first step is soshi ranking.

Thank you!

Hmm...I've never done this before rofl, it's like separating 9.9s from 10s.

1. Hyoyeon
2. Taeyeon
3. Sooyoung
4. Sunny
5. Seohyun
6. Yoona
7. Tiffany
8. Jessica
9. Yuri

Choose wisely because this is gonna decide those who are about to become your enemies or allies.

Sunny #1

I'm sorry (hey, #3 isn't too shabby either!)

ibhRBi9kttfOaF.gif

Hi! Yes, another Nine Goddesses fan! Don't worry, I don't know much either. I'm just learning as I go along. Have you checked out the first post, featuring orangecaramel's monstrous summary page? There's bound to be something there that you might not have heard before but you really like.

Hello! :) I've seen the OP while lurking, it looks huge but I'll get into it sometime. I'm aware of most of the big artists, and I also like a couple of the lower-tier girl groups like GLAM and more recently GI (this song is really good) and Fiestar (just found 'em through their last single).
I also don't mind Wa$$up.

Welcome Nyanko
6ghy8gU.gif

I'm pretty sure you already know more than this guy. Anyway, bias list? Any particular ranking of your favourite group/s?

Hello! I don't really have a ranking; as long as groups keep coming out with good tunes I'll continue to support them. Actually, one of the nice things about K-Pop is that concepts and styles are constantly changing and you get to see sides of a group you may not have seen before.

Nine Muses beginner's test: identify each member.

1NMy7rl.jpg

The fourth one is...Lee Sem? I'm not even sure I know all of their names, hahaaa.

roaSone

Thank you!

1. Hyoyeon
2. Taeyeon
3. Sooyoung
4. Sunny
5. Seohyun
6. Yoona
7. Tiffany
8. Jessica
9. Yuri
Your list has to be the most original
(weird)
I ever saw.

Pendulum

5Muses at some event.

Fake edit: Must be a premiere or something like that.

Movie premier for "The Attorney". It has Siwan (ZE:A) in it.

Y'know, I don't know if much has been mentioned previously about whose lips are whose. I know the body parts teasers were identified and then officially confirmed.

My picks, left to right:
Lee Sem
Eunji
Kyungri
Minha
Hyemi
Erin
Sungah
Hyuna
Sera

The fourth one is...Lee Sem? I'm not even sure I know all of their names, hahaaa.

stash-3-5029cd80d4467.gif

------

Also, Happy Birthday to Eunjung and Qri, aka Hahmkyul
5xW2QCb.jpg

AReed

Thank you!

1. Hyoyeon
2. Taeyeon
3. Sooyoung
4. Sunny
5. Seohyun
6. Yoona
7. Tiffany
8. Jessica
9. Yuri

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon for 1 and 2? It's usually whoever is at the top the other is near the bottom with those two LMAO.

neoism

word
20131212000284_0.jpg

BbP3m69CcAAReFc.jpg:large

<3
taeyeon: 2014&#45380;&#51032; &#49884;&#51089;&#51008; Ceci&#50752; &#54632;&#44760; &#51228;&#44032; 1&#50900;&#45804;&#51032; &#50620;&#44404;&#51060; &#46104;&#50632;&#50612;&#50836; &#51200;&#51032; &#52395; &#45800;&#46021;&#54868;&#48372;&#46020; &#44277;&#44060;&#46104;&#45768;&#44620;&#50836; &#47784;&#46160; &#49352;&#54644;&#47582;&#51060;&#45716; &#49888;&#49440;&#54616;&#44256; &#49345;&#53372;&#54620; Ceci&#50752; &#54632;&#44760; &#53468;&#44397;.&#51473;&#44397;.&#54620;&#44397; &#51060;&#47111;&#44172; &#49464; &#44275;&#50640;&#49436; &#46041;&#49884;&#50640; &#47564;&#45208;&#48372;&#49892;&#49688;&#51080;&#45824;&#50836;&#54997; #ceci #&#45236;&#50620;&#44404;
TRANSLATION

[TRANS] http://bit.ly/1e6Ob4V starting 2014 with Ceci. i became the face for january. my first solo photoshoot is going to be revealed, so everyone meet the new year with the new and refreshing Ceci. Thailand.China.Korea they say you can see it through all three, simultaneously. hoob #ceci #myface

neoism

Thank you!

1. Hyoyeon
2. Taeyeon
3. Sooyoung
4. Sunny
5. Seohyun
6. Yoona
7. Tiffany
8. Jessica
9. Yuri

I'm sorry (hey, #3 isn't too shabby either!)

Hello! :) I've seen the OP while lurking, it looks huge but I'll get into it sometime. I'm aware of most of the big artists, and I also like a couple of the lower-tier girl groups like GLAM and more recently GI (this song is really good) and Fiestar (just found 'em through their last single).
I also don't mind Wa$$up.

Hello! I don't really have a ranking; as long as groups keep coming out with good tunes I'll continue to support them. Actually, one of the nice things about K-Pop is that concepts and styles are constantly changing and you get to see sides of a group you may not have seen before.

THAT List..
0___o
whatever tickles yo pickle though welcome..:p

Wonder Girl’s Sohee will not not renewing her contract with JYPE (although JYPE says she has not decided yet)

JYPE has liquidated AQ Entertainment so Miss A will now be managed directly by JYP Entertainment.

Sohee is quitting Wonder Girls because Wonder Girls doesn't exist anymo--I mean, she wants to focus on acting.

RIP Wonder Girls

Sohee's career will remain stronger than Wonder Girls.

Sohee <3
1333F8344EB8ABAD0BF78D

Niks

Taeyeon said:
oh. and, there should also be a very simple interview about the new korean album we're currently preparing in it, too. it's a fun interview with my thoughts lately and other things, so make sure you read it!

Looks like promotions start in january. Awesome.

ibc28cvhi7qZpL.jpg

Sevarus

We can both have weird Soshi rankings.

Hyoyeon > Sooyoung > Sunny > Taeyeon > Yuri > Jessica > Tiffany > Yoona > Seohyun

Pendulum

Hyuna - Minha - Sam
Kyungri - Hyemi - Erin
Sungah - Eunji - Sera

But I'm not 100% sure about the first row myself.

Are those the answers or your picks?

Sera, Erin, Hyemi, Sungah were easy. From there, I knew it could have been a case of picking 1 wrong and fucking the rest up as some share similar qualities.

I picked (4) as Minha because of the way the ends of her lips tuck up/fold at the end of the frame, which you see when she has her mouth closed in photos - which I didn't see in (2).
I picked (2) as Eunji because it shows the most defined philtrum - of which Eunji has.
Went (3) as Kyungri because of the full lips, but did consider Lee Sem
Went (8) as Hyuna as she has a similar mouth to Sera (apart from the philtrum)
Last one left was Lee Sem, and it's hard to tell when someone contorts their mouth and puckers up, but I didn't think it couldn't absolutely not be her even though straight red is more her (or her stylist's) style

ramyeon

Sera, Erin, Hyemi, Sungah were easy. From there, it could have been a case of picking 1 wrong and fucking the rest up as some share similar qualities.

I picked (4) as Minha because of the way the ends of her lips tuck up/fold at the end of the frame, which you see when she has her mouth closed in photos - which I didn't see in (2).
I picked (2) as Eunji because it shows the most defined philtrum - of which Eunji has.
Went (3) as Kyungri because of the full lips, but did consider Lee Sem
Went (8) as Hyuna as she has a similar mouth to Sera (apart from the philtrum)
Last one left was Lee Sem, and it's hard to tell when someone contorts their mouth and puckers up, but I didn't think it couldn't absolutely not be her.
I think you guys need to get out more.

luso

Weird top indeed.

tumblr_mxoouwUujT1r2xhr2o1_500.jpg

For sure a corean comeback in January-February, March is too late before the tour.
Also SM crewed again with the calendar, TTS for ever postponed, was due this year.

instaengram

Goddess

Loci

I think you guys need to get out more.

B-but its cold outside :/
My picks. I'm 100% sure (4) is Kyungri. Shape and fullness.
(8) should be Eunji, her lower row of teeth is almost the same as Sera's.
About (1), I don't know why but I always thought the black Lips belonged to Hyuna.
(2) should be Minha because of the awkward licking.

But yeah it's about to go downhill when you fuck up once.
This was merely meant as a joke.

llehuty

Topp Dogg - Cigarette. This is good.
Kidoh of ToppDogg - &#50672;&#49845;&#49373;&#50640;&#49436; &#44032;&#49688;&#44620;&#51648; Oh and this one.
Topp Dogg - Follow me. This is ok.

This and BTS are the best male rookies of the year. (History dropped the ball)

Most reblogged k-pop groups in 2013
Exo
Shinee
Infinite
B.A.P.
SNSD / Girls’ Generation
Super Junior
BIGBANG
Bangtan Boys
2NE1
VIXX
B2ST
f(x)
Block B
DBSK / TVXQ
Teen Top
JYJ
B1A4
BtoB
2PM
A Pink
After School
Sistar
miss A
CNBlue
Nine Muses

No Secret or AOA? fiddle is going to be pissed.

dokish

Banned
Some coffee shop stores of the big franchises are really out of touch with their costumers. Managers and employees-wise. They play some scandinavian techno and american shit all the time. Super loud. I will agree that if one wanna study, use a library, although the majority of Koreans use it for college purposes; but is just impossible to even browse without getting annoyed by it.

Come on Shinchon, you're lacking.

luso

Secret is going down the drain, the group lost any direction/identity that might had. Will be the next Rainbow.

No No Eul

Jia said:

Suji said:

Wonder Girl’s Sohee will not not renewing her contract with JYPE (although JYPE says she has not decided yet)

God the whole Wonder Girls situation is so depressing. Still, I guess Sohee is better off doing her own thing. Best of luck to her.

2442D34752A702791D7C30

AoA's Mina

2769AA4C52A46E1E1C996C
2169AA4C52A46E251E1347

Tahiti's Jisoo

2745263C52A33B6D3420D5
2345263C52A33B6E36035E

Wassup's Sujin

2603883352A835662CFE3B
271A0C3352A8356728997B

2735BA3352A8356821FEA0
2369053352A8356B149658

Reputedly talentless giraffe-alligator hybrid

Edit: More SM Rookies shenangigans:

SMROOKIES_SEUL GI &#49836;&#44592; & IRENE &#50500;&#51060;&#47536;_DANCE PRACTICE CLIPS

Shiina

I'm trying to find an artist with a voice as good as IU's. I've went over NC.A and Juniel, neither of which I really liked and Younha which was better but still not good enough. Anybody have any recommendations?

Remyzero

Since I just finished my finals, here's an early present... chapter 5 of K-Pop GAF's favorite Drama, Hot Coffee!

Dice finally makes his appearance and denies the cheating rumors, but will that satisfy Ramyeon?

Hot Coffee - Chapter 5 - Dice is Niiiiiiice

As usual thanks written by me and ryan-ts, and credit goes to Cuddler for the concept.

Enjoy!

I just finished getting caught up with the story. Awesome work all around and I got some good laughs reading it.

Of course its all fanfic right? ;)

Edit: Dokish good luck pal

Have any of you ever order from yesstyle.com? I want to get my wife this sweater from there that I know she will like, but I have no idea if they are reliable.

Reliable, yes. But the problem is that almost all of their stuff is Asian sized so get the proper measurements and check the size charts before buying stuff. A lot of my Asian-American female friends who buy stuff from there tend to size up at least twice. One of them actually completely stopped buying from there since she had to size up to an XL instead of the medium's that she wore stateside lol.

I ship Diceyeon

LOL. You might change your mind once I'm done with the next chapter haha.

Reliable, yes. But the problem is that almost all of their stuff is Asian sized so get the proper measurements and check the size charts before buying stuff. A lot of my Asian-American female friends who buy stuff from there tend to size up at least twice. One of them actually completely stopped buying from there since she had to size up to an XL instead of the medium's that she wore stateside lol.

Yeah, that is one of the big problems I have noticed. That and a LOT of stuff is one size. The sweater I am looking at is like a 105cm bust, which is like 40 inches, which is actually quite large even by American standards. I guess it's supposed to fit loosely. My wife wears mediums as well and has always had trouble fitting into the sizes of asian clothes even though she is asian as well. Anyway, according to the measurements on the sweater it seems like it should fit fine. The weird thing is they have separate measurements for shoulder and sleeve whereas in the US that is typically one measurement.

Eldren

Yes, another iconic cameo in Hot Coffee! Sorry Ramy.

Xiumin isn't very popular in the int. fandom, but in Korea he's very popular. I won't say he's THE most popular member but Lay implied it pretty hard on their show. And yes, you should check on M versions, they're great!

The differences between the Korean fans and international fans always fascinate me. Xiumin seems like a pretty cool guy. I will! I've heard a lot of good things about the M boys. I meant to ask, do you have a ranking for all 12? Is the bottom six all Exo-K? I'm curious.

Thank you!

1. Hyoyeon
2. Taeyeon
3. Sooyoung
4. Sunny
5. Seohyun
6. Yoona
7. Tiffany
8. Jessica
9. Yuri
We can both have weird Soshi rankings.
Hyoyeon > Sooyoung > Sunny > Taeyeon > Yuri > Jessica > Tiffany > Yoona > Seohyun

Oh my god, TWO new Hyo fans?!

i4V6mWoEofOgP.gif

Welcome to the Good Taste Club, friends! It's pretty exclusive.

Top Bottom