• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

llehuty

RIP KARA

39xy.jpg

After three years of activities in Japan, Kara now releases their first Japanese compilation album! In addition to 14 of their biggest Japanese hits – including Jet Coaster Love, Go Go Summer and Thank You Summer Love – BEST GIRLS also features 11 of the girls’ biggest Korean hits.

iB15W21ebwnAG.gif

roaSone

I really stan Irene within SM Rookies, that girl looks like a mix of Fany & Taeyeon, can't wait to hear her singing skills.
not so much hope though

Eldren

SNSD - Blue Jeans Decent.

Have we spoken about the SBS Gayo Daejun this year? I just saw this on twitter:

I can't make out some of them, and I recognise even less, but there are a lot of groups that I'm looking foward to. This looks like a complete list, possibly missing one or two acts:
Lee Hyori
Baechigi
MBLAQ
Shinee
Taeyang
GD
2PM
Block B
Verbal Jint
Dynamic Duo
San E
2NE1
SNSD
Miss A
Beast
Crayon Pop
ZE:A
4minute
After School
Apink
F(x)
IU
2AM
EXO
Ailee
Sunmi
Sistar
Lee Hi
B1A4
Teen Top
Kara
T-ara
Infinite
Girl's Day
Rainbow
Huh Gak
Kahi
Hello Venus
Davichi
Secret
Ladies' Code
Brown Eyed Girls
Nine Muses
VIXX
Bumkey
K.Will
BTS
Dal Shabet
CNBLUE

How long do these shows normally last? This'll be my first one. Luckily the time difference will work in my favour and this will probably air around lunchtime for me. Will there be a stream?

My favourite Muses said:

llehuty

How long do these shows normally last? This'll be my first one. Luckily the time difference will work in my favour and this will probably air around lunchtime for me. Will there be a stream?

I think they lasted around 2-3 hours, except the one on the 31st, which was 4 hours long. Time zones are great for us europeans in this case.

Aeneas

I am also looking forward to these shows. Each show lasts a few hours (about 4 or so?), but at the start you normally have long red carpet segments, the performances only start after awhile. There should be streams for everything, last year I watched all of them on justintv or something like that. They are great fun, and some groups who are performing on 2 or 3 days usually have different remixes and stages in each day.

Pendulum

Woori got my attention in that photo then I saw another of Hyunyoung that I will only link to...

Hnnngyoung

Je l'aime

Have we spoken about the SBS Gayo Daejun this year? I just saw this on twitter:

The only info I've seen regarding any of the Gayo Daejun's is the Hyori/CL stage at the SBS one. That's a really good line up. First one for Nine Muses too.

-----

Edit: Reply 1994 episode with the Reply 1997 cast appearing aired this week.

Eldren

I think they lasted around 2-3 hours, except the one on the 31st, which was 4 hours long. Time zones are great for us europeans in this case.

4 hours, god damn. I'm here for that. There's a lot of performers so hopefully it'll be a long show. I think Korea is 8 hours ahead of me and I have no work all week so that's basically perfect. Whereabouts in Europe are you, if you don't mind me asking? For some reason I assumed you were in the US.

I am also looking forward to these shows. Each show lasts a few hours (about 4 or so?), but at the start you normally have long red carpet segments, the performances only start after awhile. There should be streams for everything, last year I watched all of them on justintv or something like that. They are great fun, and some groups who are performing on 2 or 3 days usually have different remixes and stages in each day.

Oh man that sounds awesome. Looking forward to some beautiful red carpet moments and some great performances too! Thanks for the stream info. I'm sure we'll find out more details nearer the time. I really hope the bigger acts who get a couple of songs do different stages each time. Sounds like it's going to be fun.

The only info I've seen regarding any of the Gayo Daejun's is the Hyori/CL stage at the SBS one. That's a really good line up. First one for Nine Muses too.

Yeah I'm really excited for Nine Muses' performance, I hope they nail it. I think it's Exo's first show too, and probably a few others. Could it be Kara's farewell perfomance? That'd be sad. Do people hang out in the irc for these shows?

NyoRx

Sera's French pronounciation bothers me haha. She starts off fine then ends the word really wrong like 'neige', 'blanche'. But I really enjoyed the performance otherwise.

So happy that Nine Muses finally got a slot at the gayo daejun. About time.

Suji said:

Eldren

Hey llehuty, the link for Shinhwa's This Love is wrong, it goes to Seo In-young's Let's Break Up. Thanks again for the updates though!

llehuty

4 hours, god damn. I'm here for that. There's a lot of performers so hopefully it'll be a long show. I think Korea is 8 hours ahead of me and I have no work all week so that's basically perfect. Whereabouts in Europe are you, if you don't mind me asking? For some reason I assumed you were in the US.

The "greatest" country in Europe:
Spain :/

Muses confirmed.
Gayos gun be gud.

I see what you did there... I hope these dolls deliver a performance so wild that keeps us glued to the screen.

131214 Nine Muses (9Muses) Lotte World CBS Radio Glue
131214 Nine Muses (9Muses) Lotte World CBS Radio Dolls
Full shot - Mandatory sungah buttslap at 8:58

For Ile to keep his motivation up for the montly recaps: @Fiji_sexygirl

*.*, thank you for that. All the motivations for the recaps are more than welcome.

Hey llehuty, the link for Shinhwa's This Love is wrong, it goes to Seo In-young's Let's Break Up. Thanks again for the updates though!

I left that on purpose to know if someone was checking the recaps.
j/k, thanks for the heads up. Already corrected.

Will be this year, like 2009? Collaborations galore.

Hopefully. But I'm already missing the colors of k-pop.

Eldren

The "greatest" country in Europe:
Spain :/

Ha, not a fan of your own country?

I left that on purpose to know if someone was checking the recaps.
j/k, thanks for the heads up. Already corrected.

Haha I clicked it all excited to bop along with the amazing choreography, what a disappointment! Thanks for keeping us all updated though, I'm finding a lot of stuff I missed the first time around.

Here's a great fancam of Sera performing Glue.
Those leather trousers...

Edit: Fancammer Supreme, drighk, has come through with the goods: Glue and Dolls.

Eldren

I like these outfits. They're giving me 1st Japanese Album vibes which is always welcome.

For this morning's Glue fancams, we've got:
Hyemi by 9mworld (Hyuna's wink at 00:28 #dead)
Minha by Nine Muses Time
Sungah by drighk

Good stuff all round.

Hyuna & Sera said:
ac0b876a655211e39f620ac472ead80b_8.jpg

인기가요 곧 합니다:) #나인뮤지스세라#인기가요#눈이내리네 #똠블라네좌

No No Eul

Edit: Watched an episode of "Cheongdamdong 111" on a whim. Interesting from a "behind the scenes of idols/actors" view. And wtf at AoA not having a tv in their dorm, or cellphones.

It's the same for Apink, or used to be anyway. It's pretty weird but at the same time, I can sort of understand why an agency might take an overly zealous approach to cell phones. They're accidents scandals waiting to happen.

Sevarus

I've gotten started watching as many SNSD shows as I can find, starting with Girls Go to School. It's interesting seeing how hard Jessica tried back then; she clearly cared about the group's success and gave her all in every performance. I wonder what happened.

Pendulum

It's the same for Apink, or used to be anyway. It's pretty weird but at the same time, I can sort of understand why an agency might take an overly zealous approach to cell phones. They're accidents scandals waiting to happen.

The no cellphones thing did seem to be a disciplinary thing (not that they'd done anything wrong to have phones taken away, but more to keep their focus on training as rookies and keep superfluous social stuff outside the group/company limited). The TV thing seemed a bit odder though, and might initially been part of the same "focus" thing - but as a group trying to find their foot on variety shows (which this episode was about), having easy access to shows and dramas (from which impersonations are often made) would be a boon. They were however getting a TV the week after this episode was filmed.

luso

I've gotten started watching as many SNSD shows as I can find, starting with Girls Go to School. It's interesting seeing how hard Jessica tried back then; she clearly cared about the group's success and gave her all in every performance. I wonder what happened.

You are doing it well.

More soshi stuff. They performed in some amusement park, probably they got some free rides and time.

tumblr_mxun6eEbTq1qi5bgyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxun6g6Lfs1qi5bgyo1_1280.jpg

ibv1r2PyHZKpIU.jpg

tumblr_mxul9ongBc1s0aqnto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxulamAo6Y1s0aqnto1_1280.jpg

Eldren

Girls Go To School is good fun. Their early shows are great, I love Factory Girl and Intimate Note. Hello Baby is hugely popular too.

More soshi stuff. They performed in some amusement park, probably they got some free rides and time.

Is this the same place?

Eldren

131215 Nine Muses - Glue live @ inkigayo
Not inkigayo cutting the 5 seconds Sungah solo dance at the beginning of the performance, smh.

For some reason, they don't always include that little bit at the beginning in all their performances. Some shows have it and some don't, and it seems kind of arbitrary. But did you see the fancam I linked earlier which features her boss walk in it's entirety (and in much better quality)? It's good stuff.

My faves <3

Best name for a fanpage ever?

Wow, that is huge right? I wonder what SM/his fans/general public thinks about this?

I saw this last night and in my tired state I didn't realise that the essay was written by someone else, so I read it as Jonghyun transitioning to living as a woman. That was a bit of a shock. But this is a really big step, he's a huge public figure and him bringing it to attention is great. I remember when Taeyeon took that photo of her with two drag queens for the Love & Girls MV and there were a few comments that weren't very nice but overall it was pretty positive, and she had a great attitude towards the whole thing. Baby steps!

Anyway, here's a fancam of the Fiji Sexygirl herself performing Dolls.

Edit:

That not-so-subtle zoom at 1:20, I see you pharkil.

Top Bottom