• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

giri

It was neat fan service and an interesting way of including them in the present day timeline somehow.

It isn't as forced as making one of them meet and hook up with one of the current cast just for the sake of keeping shippers of a non existent couple happy.

or as forced as dohee? meeting up with eunji and going crazy over HOT also and becoming co fangirls or them having an extended fight between their fan clubs or something like that. THAT would have seemed forced.

kingkitty

It was neat fan service and an interesting way of including them in the present day timeline somehow.

It isn't as forced as making one of them meet and hook up with one of the current cast just for the sake of keeping shippers of a non existent couple happy.

It's all nice fan service. But there are different levels of forced. If forced was a pool, having the 97 gang pop up here and there by coincidence is on the shallow end. Making Eunji the upstairs neighbor is around a third away from the shallow end. And making BinggraeXHoya a reality is at the deep end of the pool. But I legitimately wouldn't mind if the show went that route if it was done well.

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Although I think we can all agree that Chilbong needs a gf.

giri

It's all nice fan service. But there are different levels of forced. If forced was a pool, having the 97 gang pop up here and there by coincidence is on the shallow end. Making Eunji the upstairs neighbor is around a third away from the shallow end. And making BinggraeXHoya a reality is at the deep of the pool. But I legitimately wouldn't mind if the show went that route if it was done well.

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Although I think we can all agree that Chilbong needs a gf.

He gon get one next ep. Watch. He gonna steal najeong.

#teambong!

llehuty

YES, so good. I would love a full on Dance Version of Glue. Actually have Nine Muses done any dance MVs? Off the top of my head I can't recall any.

There is only a dance version for Wild. I'm happy with them having dance practice versions of all their releases though.

Pendulum

Hopefully the Blade & Soul OST is the first steps of SM pushing Soshi more in China. Seo & Hyo are both fluent in Mandarin and the other members can handle themselves ok, seems like it makes a good amount of sense to me. Plus it helps that Find Your Soul (I think that's the song's official title) is actually really good. SM should promote Exo-M more over there as well (although hopefully Isuzu will correct me if I'm wrong and they already are promoting them.)

China is going to be significant in 2014 for a few groups. Although yet to officially debut, T-ara is doing well there on the YouTube replacement sites. (Opening paragraph is shit - Number 9 didn't exactly bomb (got to 5/4 on GAON/Billboard) and Japan has treated T-ara well this year (Bunny Style was their 2nd best selling Japanese single))

Eldren

There is only a dance version for Wild. I'm happy with them having dance practice versions of all their releases though.

Ooh good point, yeah they are super consistent with the dance practice videos. For some reason that didn't even occur to me. Thinking about it, dance MVs tend to have a lot of pointless panning in and out which is a bit distracting. Ok dance practice vids are definitely a good enough substitute.

China is going to be significant in 2014 for a few groups. Although yet to officially debut, T-ara is doing well there on the YouTube replacement sites. (Opening paragraph is shit - Number 9 didn't exactly bomb (got to 5/4 on GAON/Billboard) and Japan has treated T-ara well this year (Bunny Style was their 2nd best selling Japanese single))

7 out of the top 10 vids, wow. That's pretty impressive. I really hope a lot of groups strike out into the rest of Asia over the next year, I think that'd be pretty exciting. Breaking into new markets and whatnot. Clearly T-ara have fans in China so hopefully they'd do well.

llehuty

Code:
Bold: > 1 million views
Underlined: Weekly music show winner and/or Gaon weekly singles chart winner 
Italic: Nugu alert
Arrow: Editor's choice
June leftover highlight

Seohyun & Kyuhyun - T'ple couple

ibh1WZo2v2z2Zp.png

Icon - Rockstar
>>> Dynamic Duo - BAAAM (ft. Muzie of UV)
Dynamic Duo - Hot Wings (ft. Hyolyn)
Dynamic Duo - Three Dopeboyz (ft. Zion.T)
John Park - Baby
Davichi - Missing you today
Myname - Baby I'm sorry
Rania - Up
> A-Pink - NoNoNo
A-Pink - Secret Garden
A-Pink - U you
Jewelry - Hot & Cold (ft. Hyung Sik of ZE:A)
Mr.Mr - Waiting for U
2NE1 - Falling in love
> Taeyeon - Bye
Teen Top - Clap encore
SHU-I - Don't let it get you down
Geeks - Fly
Jay Park - I like 2 Party
A-jax - Insane
Son Seung Yon - I'm not crazy
Sunnyside - FIrst Love (ft. Song ha yea of YouU, Little s)
Stellar - Study
BESTie - Pitapat
> Ailee - U & I
Untouchable - Call me (ft. Andrew Choi)
Xia Junsu - 11am
> Xia Junsu - Incredible (ft. Quincy)
>> U Sung Eun - Be OK
Infinite - Destiny
B.A.P - Hurricane
> Beast - Shadow
>> Odd eye - Follow me
> Miss $ - You were not the... (ft. Verbal Jint)
Fana - Shoestring blues
Ku Hye Sun - It's you
Toxic - Countdown
> Kim Hyun Joong - Unbreakable (ft. Jay Park)
Kim Hyun Joong - Your story
>> Outsider - Bye U (ft. G.O of MBLAQ)
December - Fire
>>> Lee Jung Hyun - V
AA (Double A) - Midnight Taxi
Koyote - Hollywood (ft. Jeong Jun-ha)
> Tahiti - Love sick
1sagain - Ordinary story (ft. Hyunjoong)
Say yes - Feel good
AOA Black - Moya
Lee Yu Rim - Call my name
>> Brown Eyed Girls - Kill Bill
>> f(x) - Rum Pum Pum Pum
Queen B'z - Bad
F-ve Dolls - Soulmate#1
Girl's day - Please tell me
T-ara & Davichi - Bikiny (ft. Skull)
Kang Seung Yoon - Wild and young
Kang Seung Yoon - Stealer
> Vixx - G.R.8.U
Kim Greem - Just the two of us
Dickpunks - Sunglass
>>> BoA - Action
> Sunny Days - Meeting a girl like you

Sevarus

Finished watching Girls Go To School, have since moved on to the MTV solo series.

And then this happened....

tumblr_lfq61oFEQP1qbqhtt.gif

tumblr_lfq6bdkoVO1qbqhtt.gif

tumblr_lfq6nrZphE1qbqhtt.gif

And I flailed and died. The end.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Damnit every time I make an avatar from a selca of her she goes and makes another one that is gorgeous and perfect for an avatar. I think I'm going to switch to that one though because I have a thing for hairbands and it is more apparent in that one.

Be My Baby is a Christmas song? News to me!

Bahahaha. The first time I heard this song I could swear it was a Christmas song. It gets much worse when you realize the chord patterns are exactly the same as Wham's Last Christmas.

Speaking of which, I need some Yubin in my life. Now that WG's dead, she's gonna be gone too. :((

ramyeon

Bahahaha. The first time I heard this song I could swear it was a Christmas song. It gets much worse when you realize the chord patterns are exactly the same as Wham's Last Christmas.

Speaking of which, I need some Yubin in my life. Now that WG's dead, she's gonna be gone too. :((
Yeah, it's a tragedy. Sunye had to go and get knocked up and ruin things. Can't believe she still won't cancel her contract.

I hope Sohee does more modelling, that seems like the perfect field for her to go into.

Pendulum

Shhhuper!

also glad y'all are finally stanning BESTie,
get away from dahye.

BESTie been getting attention in this thread for a while now.

-----

LA Dodgers' Ryu Hyun Jin, along with 4minute, B2ST, G.NA, BTOB, and Shin Ji Hoon, will release the first single from their 'Ryu-Cube Donation Project', "Smile Again", on December 20.

-----

CCM re-uploaded the "China dance" version of "Do You Know Me?". Such management.

Pendulum

Music Bank Christmas/year-end special details:

The hosts for the December 20th show will be Park Seo Joon and SISTAR's Bora, and the performers include: SHINee, EXO, B2ST, INFINITE, 2PM, miss A, SISTAR, IU, KARA, VIXX, Ailee, K.Will, Dynamic Duo, 4minute, Crayon Pop, A Pink, Girl's Day, Nine Muses, TEEN TOP, M.I.B, and AOA!

There are also a few special stages in store. The 'Romantic Christmas' duet performances will feature 2PM's Wooyoung, miss A's Suzy, IU, and B2ST's Kikwang, 'Lovely Christmas' will feature VIXX and Girl's Day, and 'Merry Christmas' will feature Park Seo Joon, SISTAR's Bora, Kingston Rudieska, Dynamic Duo, and more.

luso

Soshi Christmas concert? I think you are talking about the SMTown Week concerts, it's day 22 I think, called "'Marchen Fantasy". This will not be aired. Then it's the end of the year shows.

roaSone

Soshi Christmas concert? I think you are talking about the SMTown Week concerts, it's day 22 I think, called "'Marchen Fantasy". This will not be aired. Then it's the end of the year shows.
I'm crying already.. even if I knew it, it's still sad to read.

Aeneas

I really like the After School's new song, very refreshing. The MV is interesting but I found the lighting and angles kind of unflattering given how good they can look... Bonus points for the shhecret love, up there with Secret's You're my mazic mazic mazic and T-ara's Bling bling jewellery chain.

llehuty

I really like the After School's new song, very refreshing. The MV is interesting but I found the lighting and angles kind of unflattering given how good they can look... Bonus points for the shhecret love, up there with Secret's You're my mazic mazic mazic and T-ara's Bling bling jewellery chain.

I think the MV is very clever. I love when they are dancing in couples and one of them is perfectly lit and you can only see the silhouette of the other (for example here, the smirk in Kaeun's face when she goes into the light is so boss)

tumblr_mxye3n1Vox1skj5i5o2_250.gif
tumblr_mxye3n1Vox1skj5i5o1_250.gif

Best Muses bbuing bbuinging into my heart.

ur all wrong obviously best christmas song is snsd diamond

Lawd jesus. Anytime someone else besides Taeng, Sunkyu, Sica, Seobby, and Fany are singing, they've actually got the backing vocal track(with Fany singing) louder than whoever is really singing. It's so obvious when Skeletor and Hyogre sing their lines, Fany's voice cuts through and she's not even singing lol.

Yeah, it's a tragedy. Sunye had to go and get knocked up and ruin things. Can't believe she still won't cancel her contract.

I hope Sohee does more modelling, that seems like the perfect field for her to go into.

Agreed. It seems like she wants WG to end on her terms instead of leaving and letting the other members continue. Way to screw over your members and fanbase lol. What I'd really love to see is Yubin jumping to Amoeba and becoming their resident female rapper.

Also agree about Sohee. I still think she's a mouse in human form but that RM episode a while back warmed me over. She's actually hella cute.

Top Bottom