• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

afterschoolshh-jooyeojics0.gif

Fafnir

Is the goat sound effect that pops up regularly in Reply 1994 and 1997 specific to those shows or is it more of a long-standing drama/comedy trope?

Pretty sure it's trademarked for the Reply series. I just finished up episode 17 and that Red car teaser, writer's do a better job on the supporting cast than the main romance. I'm hoping for a curve ball because it's just too obvious that Trash is the husband. I've been waiting for the Dad to meet himself, good stuff. Looks like Haitai's romance and Samcheonpo's army duty is up next.

giri

Pretty sure it's trademarked for the Reply series. I just finished up episode 17 and that Red car teaser, writer's do a better job on the supporting cast than the main romance. I'm hoping for a curve ball because it's just too obvious that Trash is the husband. I've been waiting for the Dad to meet himself, good stuff. Looks like Haitai's romance and Samcheonpo's army duty is up next.

No one cares about Hatitai.

llehuty

Awesome work as always. I wonder...is the list based on the song release or the MV release? 2BiC song "I'm loving you" that was part of the Good Doctor OST was released in August, but the MV was released in November. So, I'm not really sure if it should be in the August or in the November recap.

I'm skipping OST tracks in general. Anyways, this last recap might be missing more songs than usual because I wasn't very thorough with the releases.

I need Boss Soyeon to stop having work done to her face. Leave that nonsense to Boram, Bom, and others. Thankfully, she didn't disfigure herself like Hana/Zinger, but I'm beginning to miss old-ish-school, slightly fewer procedures Soyeon.

Super Junior Donghae & Eunhyuk's 'Still You'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQAu_QX6hVE

Not bad. The Music video refreshingly does not feature a large box with lights.
Seeing as you have good taste in K- & J- tunes, figures it would be you that tricked me into liking a SuJu song.

tumblr_mxye3n1Vox1skj5i5o2_250.gif
tumblr_mxye3n1Vox1skj5i5o1_250.gif

Best Muses bbuing bbuinging into my heart.
Mostly true. Best Hyuna is missing.

Also, great work on all the recaps. Going to need to find time to click on some of those.

Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiwon
OG T-ara makes a cameo. I wonder if they've kept much contact over the years.

You should put the blame on JYP. He was the one who told everyone and their moms that WG was created because of and for Sunye.
JYP seems to develop odd infatuations with beautiful, talented girls far below his age. His multi-year preoccupation with Best Hyorin still weirds me out, but at least he's married now.

Pffft... you don't even like K-Pop... Oh, I see.. it's a J-Pop cut.

OC with the loopholes.

Lawd jesus. Anytime someone else besides Taeng, Sunkyu, Sica, Seobby, and Fany are singing[...]
The remaining members... sing?

Also agree about Sohee. I still think she's a mouse in human form but that RM episode a while back warmed me over. She's actually hella cute.
27227A35520C806A064B30

I thought we were cool, Kookie? At least you've come to see the error of your ways.

I hope Sohee does more modelling, that seems like the perfect field for her to go into.
Being one of the most stylish, naturally pretty, and visually distinct people in the industry, it really is a great fit for her. As is, she's spent a fair amount of the past year doing various spreads and endorsements.

You should put the blame on JYP. He was the one who told everyone and their moms that WG was created because of and for Sunye.

First time I've heard of this but I'm not surprised. The other existing members just need to GTFO and do their own thing like Sohee.

·feist·;93950776 said:
The remaining members... sing?

I thought we were cool, Kookie? At least you've come to see the error of your ways.

Heh, watch that video Ym1r posted. Skeletor Soo and Hyogre attempts to sing haha.

Lol something about Sohee seriously reminded me of Jerry the mouse.

But I've seen the error of my ways. So yeah we're definitely cool now lol.

As much as I love Yenny's voice and how she sings, Sunye has regularly edged her out for me... at least until she gets into religion and generally being a dull person.

Heh, watch that video Ym1r posted. Skeletor Soo and Hyogre attempts to sing haha.

Lol something about Sohee seriously reminded me of Jerry the mouse.

But I've seen the error of my ways. So yeah we're definitely cool now lol.
Hair flip of approval:

2231A44352609B1A1339D6

Hmmm, these replies were cut off from my last post:

Just be careful checking out DotHome sites. They've had virus/malware issues (mostly through exploits passed on through their sites) for years now, that I'm not sure have ever been fully resolved.

Most of the fan pages on there link to or from Tistory anyway, so they may as well go with a more reliable host site, instead of simply using it to store content.

Why are there only 2 pics of this, if she's looking like this, you take a thousand pics!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because those two are the best in that entire set, and from any photos taken there, by press or fan photogs.

A few of the others from that set, as proof:
http://cfile21.uf.tistory.com/original/2544D23852A9AC1E07B407
http://cfile5.uf.tistory.com/original/2344D23852A9AC1A029987
http://cfile6.uf.tistory.com/original/2344D23852A9AC1D067FDA
http://cfile27.uf.tistory.com/original/2544D23852A9AC1A0492CF
http://cfile23.uf.tistory.com/original/2344D23852A9AC250DF433
http://cfile4.uf.tistory.com/original/2544D23852A9AC230A582A
http://cfile22.uf.tistory.com/original/2144D23852A9AC20097A14

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ailee I love you.

Off-topic edit: Shakira and Usher are back for next season of The Voice! Yes!

Off-topic edit: Shakira and Usher are back for next season of The Voice! Yes!

Shakira's accent should win the show. I friggin' melt everytime I hear that sexy Spanish accent she's got. That's probably the only reason why I'm into Latinas haha.

That second photo is hillarious. Look how many people are on their phone.

Unfortunately, it's not just Korea, blame the younger generation. I was at a Drake concert last year and the entire arena was pretty much filled with lights thanks to all the phones being lit up, then again what are you supposed to do at a rap concert? On the other hand I was at an Eagles concert back in October and that was totally opposite of that Drake concert. My group was probably the only group in there that was 20 something's haha.

Pendulum

Dara will be one of the MC's for the SBS Gayo Daejun.

Also - Minah, Naeun, Taemin, and Wooyoung will be acting out drama parodies.

According to SBS on the 18th, the four idol stars are preparing for a music drama parody of the hit SBS dramas of the year, 'The Sun of My Master' and 'Heirs'. Wooyoung will tell ghosts to get lost as Joo Goon and Na Eun will hold on tight to him as Tae Gong Shil.

Unfortunately, Taemin won't be acting alongside his onscreen wife Na Eun, but will definitely do his best to play the unforgettable Kim Tan alongside Minah as Cha Eun Sang. Fans already got a peek at Taemin in the Jeguk High uniform not too long ago, which was at first mistakenly understood as a cameo for him in the drama. However, it was later revealed to be for a year-end special, which turned out to be this event!

It has also been reported that some of the original cast of the dramas also made cameos in the parody.

----

Also Son Dam Bi is returning with a new single, Red Candle.

More pictures

ramyeon

Is it actually good? I haven't listened to it yet.
And I'm asking normals not people with Taeyeon hug pillows.
It ranges from generic and boring to just straight up bad at some points IMO. Listened to it once, can't see myself going back a second time.

luso

Posted? Girls' Generation's latest album makes history on Japan's Oricon charts

The new songs are good to me, they alone would make a good mini, although not fond of Blue Jeans. Some of the earlier and known singles (as Love & Girls) they included may sound off when together with the new songs so as an album is not as consistent as the first one.

Only 4 soshi member. Don't know if on purpose or if only the four will be on the show...
iBgRV6a3hoDcw.jpg

No No Eul

Please Do Something About Those Bangs No Eul

Pretty sure it's trademarked for the Reply series.

Ah OK. Cheers Faf.

No one cares about Hatitai.

Poor Haitai. :(

Posted? Girls' Generation's latest album makes history on Japan's Oricon charts

I think the half dozen new tracks are a bit of a mixed bag. Gossip Girls is difficult to listen to. Most of the other songs are somewhat generic but decent enough all the same. Lips is probably my favourite.
It helps that the underlying beat keeps reminding me of Massive Attack's Unfinished Sympathy, although listening to the two side by side, the resemblance isn't as strong as I'd imagined. :p

Yura said:

I feel there really ought to be much more in the way of idol skiing/snowboarding antics, especially after watching some of those old SM Christmas videos that Ramyeon posted yesterday.

·feist·;93950776 said:
Seeing as you have good taste in K- & J- tunes, figures it would be you that tricked me into liking a SuJu song.

If its any consolation, Super Junior sub groups tend to get much better songs than the main group.

----------------

ZvgF8se.jpg

VAfjtXs.jpg

H73Vsqt.jpg
http://instagram.com/p/h8PcL7qtn-/# (dont watch this with headphones on)

Has 4minute's Hyuna had work done or something? there's something different about her face.

Best selling K-Pop song in the US; YG, YG everywhere.

1. "Gangnam Style" PSY
2. "Gentleman" PSY
3. "Fantastic Baby" BIG BANG
4. "I Got a Boy" Girls' Generation
5. "Growl" EXO
6. "I Am the Best" 2NE1
7. "The Baddest Female" CL
8. "Right Now" PSY
9. "Wolf" EXO
10. "Falling in Love" 2NE1

Anything you want to say to the fans who have been waiting?
Taeyang said:
Because of the album’s delay, there has been a lot of conjecture, and fans are very worried. When I see that, it concerns me. I’m sure it’s because they care about me, but I want to ask them not to mind the circumstances and just look at the music. As for the end product, those who enjoy it can enjoy it. And those who are unsatisfied can look ahead to the next one. And they can curse me, too. I hope they will focus on the music.

I hope the album after this is released within 2014 as well.

catmincer

Best selling K-Pop song in the US; YG, YG everywhere.

1. "Gangnam Style" PSY
2. "Gentleman" PSY
3. "Fantastic Baby" BIG BANG
4. "I Got a Boy" Girls' Generation
5. "Growl" EXO
6. "I Am the Best" 2NE1
7. "The Baddest Female" CL
8. "Right Now" PSY
9. "Wolf" EXO
10. "Falling in Love" 2NE1

Not surprised. Their style tends to be the most westerner friendly. Friends who don't like kpop seem to be ok with bb and 2ne1.

Top Bottom