• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Eldren

·feist·;93950776 said:
Mostly true. Best Hyuna is missing.

My 4 favourite members <3
iWm1EGOqedXvc.gif

Posted? Girls' Generation's latest album makes history on Japan's Oricon charts

Is it actually good? I haven't listened to it yet.
And I'm asking normals not people with Taeyeon hug pillows.

It's a mixed bag. I really like Gossip Girls, Motorcycle, Lips, Karma Butterfly, Galaxy Supernova, and My Oh My and Flyers are pretty decent. The rest I'm either not keen on at all (Everyday Love, Do The Catwalk) or we've heard them before (Beep Beep, Love & Girls, Lingua Franca.) You could probably combine the best tracks from this album with the best from the previous Japanese release and make one really good album.

Only 4 soshi member. Don't know if on purpose or if only the four will be on the show...
iBgRV6a3hoDcw.jpg

Photos like this

make it look like some kind of Band Aid "We Are The World" thing, a one-off special stage, so hopefully the other 5 members just didn't join in. How are they gonna put the whole group on the first announcement poster and then say only 4 are showing up? Don't let me down, SBS.

*shrugs* I really love "Gossip Girls."

Me too! One of my favourites from the album.

Edit: [K-Poppin'] &#45208;&#51064;&#48036;&#51648;&#49828; (9muses) - Interview with Sera, Sungah, Hyuna

TLDR version:
Hyuna is lonely, will date short men. They would like to perform "WHO R U" (please do!). Sungah is lonely (got for it llehuty)

Thanks for this, Pendulum. I loved their last K-Poppin' appearance so I'm happy they're back for more. Watching now!
I absolutely LOVE Who R U, please perform it again! Also I'm allergic to cats but for Hyuna I'd find a way around that.

Cuddler

This week "A song for you" cover by 2BiC is "Lately", originally singed by Stevie Wonder:
2BiC - Lately (original by Stevie Wonder)
Fantastic performance!!

I'm skipping OST tracks in general. Anyways, this last recap might be missing more songs than usual because I wasn't very thorough with the releases.
Ok, no problem, you are doing a great job, don't worry too much if you miss some songs. :)
Oh shiiiiiit, I lost all my September recap when it was already finished. (And I also had a ton of August leftovers). Don't expect a new recap until a couple of days.
Damn, what happened?

Pendulum

Girl's Day fancams from 131217 (with hairstyles ready for the comeback - Sojin looking so good) in glorious 2160p
Female President (Sojin)
Twinkle Twinkle (Yura)
Don't Forget Me (Hyeri)
Talking
Expectation (Sojin)

When netizens call you delusional, you know something's wrong.
[+307 -14] 'Is Son Naeun really Taemin's wife?' so many stupid girls (asking this question) kk
[+264 -58] Why there are so many Son Naeun delusional fans here. Wake up from your fantasy. To erase that image, both agencies put them there. Cant you notice that? Open your eyes delusional fans. Why Son Naeun fans curse Minah. Minah does nothing wrong compared to Son Naeun. Personally she's better and has a good body too.

giri

I've never really been a fan of Kara but I watched GSB a few days ago, and wow Nicole is just really pretty when speaking Korean...she speaks it better than English lol shame shes leaving seems like the best memba.. :/

And just remember, it was pure coincidence that after the last contract dispute Nicole got to do no more variety.

Pure Coincidence.

Fafnir

oniontaker translated Taengoo's Ceci interview, she talks about joining InsTaegram and the others joining:

oniontaker said:
http://www.oniontaker.com/post/70454762105/trans-taeyeon-ceci-january-2014-part-1-of#axzz2nsy2MXlp
http://www.oniontaker.com/post/70466363237/trans-taeyeon-ceci-january-2014-part#axzz2nsy2MXlp

[TRANS - Taeyeon - Ceci January 2014]

Of all the SNSD members I wanted to meet, it was always Taeyeon. Her delicate yet strong voice would become a powerful first impression of the group, Girls’ Generation.

As of 2014, SNSD have been active for eight years. They opened a new chapter in Korean pop music, and rather than rest on the laurels of the generation they created, they pushed on to challenges. Now, none of them are teenage girls any more, but they are still going strong. Gathering everything possible into the domain of SNSD, they build a strong and durable castle.

Whenever there is news about a comeback, people talk about this one deciding SNSD’s future. Now however, no matter how they choose to make a comeback, they could never look bad. Amongst the colourful and vivacious members in her group, Taeyeon is the one always quietly standing a step back from them. She would sing the songs that she liked, and it felt like she was spending time sharing loving glances with her fans With a face as pale as porcelain, eyes that smile like a child, but with a few secrets. What could be in her heart? I met with Taeyeon on the day that this winter’s first snowflakes began blowing harshly. She seemed willing then unwilling to show what was on her mind. But I didn’t want to press her. It would be something precious to her that she didn’t need to show to anyone. Twenty-six year-old Taeyeon is enjoying the most beautiful time of her life.

Ceci: Compared to the other members, you tend not to do individual activities. We hope fans will enjoy this ‘Ceci’ cover photoshoot as a highly coveted item.

Taeyeon: It’s my first time being a cover model alone, so it is surreal. We did have the members shooting individual versions of covers before, but we honestly didn’t know anything about it. Now the members do individual cover photoshoots so often, and now I know how significant this is.

Ceci: You don’t seem to do as many photoshoots as expected.

Taeyeon: To be honest, I used to find it difficult to have photos taken. For some reason I used to lose self-confidence and I would re-think photoshoot schedules often. But then I thought “when will I have chances like these to save the image of myself in my 20s? If I don’t show myself when fans and companies want to see me, when would I have the chance again?”. Before, all I wanted was to sing my favourite songs. But now I think if it’s a project that will make many people happy, then it’s something I can do, and I think of it as my responsibility.

Ceci: When did you start being more accepting of projects like this?

Taeyeon: Always, my biggest reason for doing anything are my fans. No matter what the situation, the fans are the ones who make me do things. At some point I felt like I have to show myself whenever they wanted to see me. I thought of it as both me returning their love and as something I need to do. I couldn’t think like this from the beginning. It’s a feeling that becomes stronger and stronger through my career. It’s when I see fans waiting to cheer for us in the cold weather in the early mornings.

Ceci: Whenever you release a song as an OST, as a solo project or when you feature in a song, the response is always great. Don’t you think your fans will be very excited if they hear about your solo activity?

Taeyeon: Of course I want to, if I have the chance! It’s just a personal wish of mine, for now. Maybe a good opportunity will come some time.

Ceci: If you were to do solo activities, how and which concept would you like?

Taeyeon: I’ve wanted to perform in a small theatre for a while. Not long ago, I went to Kim Bumsoo oppa’s small theatre concert to do a duet, and I really liked the venue. A smaller space is much easier for the singer. To be honest, it’s difficult to hear the screams of the audience when you’re performing in a large venue like a sports stadium, because you need the in-ear earphones to monitor the sound. In a small theatre, you can sing without a microphone and still be heard by everyone, so I want to sing while watching the fans from close. Since a small theatre has a small audience size, there would need to be many performances. I think two or three times a week would be good.

Ceci: I’m always curious about this in idol groups. Normally you can’t have songs that you want all the time. It must be a big challenge whenever you receive a new song.

Taeyeon: That can be true. I could describe it as trying to find the best solution to the problem set in front of me. All I can do is use my voice and empathy, and do my best. We are a group with many members, and with characters so distinct, it’s difficult to change things to meet one person’s taste. At least at a concert, I tend to be able to sing the songs that I want to sing. The energy a singer gets from a concert is really huge!

Ceci: You always look like you’re hungry for a chance to sing on stage.

Taeyeon: I like singing most of all and there’s nothing else I can do as well as that. (She laughs) All I want is to show a lot of what I do well.

Ceci: You have a lot of hit songs like ‘Gee’, ‘Genie’ and ‘Hoot’. Of all of them, which was like a “gift from god” for SNSD?

Taeyeon: The one that appealed to the public the most was ‘Gee’, the one that I felt the most change in the members is ‘Genie’. From ‘Kissing You’ to ‘Gee’ there was a cute girly concept, but then ‘Genie’ was far more stylish and feminine, and the choreography itself felt sexy. Before this, we had bold feels to concepts but through ‘Genie’, a higher level of maturity emerged. I think it felt more like that because the choreography was a style that could highlight our figures.

Ceci: In one interview, you said “I didn’t know looking natural was prettier, and I used to be sensitive about even a single strand of hair”. So now, do you tend not to care about how you look?

Taeyeon: Compared to before, yes. Of course, I’d like to look pretty in every picture. But the fans take thousands of photos everyday, so it’s impossible to look beautiful in every single one. How many photos must there be of me with eyes half-closed or with an ugly expression? Wanting it badly won’t make me look perfect, so now I would prefer to be more an honest and down-to-earth person.

Ceci: Recently, you’ve been sharing a lot of photos on SNS. Is this part of wanting to show yourself more honestly?

Taeyeon: I update instagram everyday like it’s an attendance register in school. (She laughs) I just want to share things that I saw and liked. Of all the members, I was the first to start an SNS account last spring.

Ceci: You were very late to start.

Taeyeon: We promised between the members “let’s not do it”. Since so many people had gotten into trouble from saying the wrong things or doing things accidentally, we decided not to do it, to be on the safe side. After I started, the other members started joining instagram or twitter one by one.

Ceci: You all agreed not to join SNS, so was you joining it breaking an unwritten law?

Taeyeon: To be honest, I started it for the fans. I know I felt empty when we are not promoting, so I wondered what it must be like for the fans who are waiting for us. I thought it must feel like walking endlessly without a destination. We always seem to release albums later than we plan, so I felt sorry for making them wait so long. Of course I was slightly worried that they might start liking all the new girlgroups and boygroups. (She laughs) I couldn’t not do SNS when I thought about the fans.

Ceci: You must have to worry more now, since the fans aren’t just in Korea any more.

Taeyeon: That’s one of the main reasons I joined SNS. There was a way to meet international fans, and to not to make an effort seemed like something to be sorry for. I know there’s a culture difference so I wonder “how happy should I look when I see them so that they can feel how I feel?”. I wonder if I should approach them first and offer a handshake, or if that’s being impolite. But when I’m on the stage, it’s the same. No matter where I go, they memorise the Korean method of cheering, and they copy it exactly which makes me so happy and grateful.

Ceci: You write comments to your fans on SNS. You thanked them because you can feel the love in the photos they take?

Taeyeon: Being exposed to the cameras, while looking dazed early in the morning at an airport is something I really want to avoid. But even then, the fans try to take only pretty photos, and I can feel that effort in their photos. I thank for them for that effort. Whenever I ran away from the cameras, I feel bad after getting on the plane, so I leave them those comments.

Ceci: “Taeyeon Nails” seem to be famous among the fans. You even posted pictures of the nail art you did yourself, and you seem a little housebound.

Taeyeon: That’s right. I am housebound! (She laughs) I uploaded a photo after getting service from the nailshop, and the fans mistook it for my own work and so they awarded me with the confidence. After a while, I thought I had a bit of talent for it and it often turns out to be pretty. On those days, I upload it on SNS and it’s really fun!.

Ceci: I heard that you always had an interest in skincare and makeup.

Taeyeon: I have a lot of products and I tend to be one of the first to try out new products. If it comes down to it, I prefer cosmetics to clothes!

Ceci: Anything you particularly like these days?

Taeyeon: CC Cream. It’s lighter than BB cream but is still more delicate than bare face, so I like it a lot. It makes the skin look smoother and moist.

Ceci: It feels like SNSD’s tight teamwork isn’t just for show. Would you know why?

Taeyeon: First, you can’t discount the power of time. Jessica, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yuri began lives as trainees at primary school, and even spent as much as 12 years as friends. With that in mind, it’s better to call us sisters, rather than colleagues. We know each other so well, so we don’t do things the another doesn’t like. Wait, sometimes we deliberately do things that the other doesn’t like as a joke. (She laughs) We’re not as feminine as you would think. When we’re gathered together, we’re just like a group of neighbourhood rascals.

Ceci: Who is the most playful?

Taeyeon: The most unexpectedly boyish one is Sunny, and I’m not that feminine either. Yoona is a total kid. We’re number one in being cheerful.

Ceci: So the most feminine member would have to be Seohyun?

Taeyeon: Seohyun and Jessica!

Ceci: You mentioned thaat you don’t do things that each other don’t like. Could you let us know one rule that “you must not do this to this member”?

Taeyeon: Tiffany really cannot look at fish eyes. One time, Sooyoung hid the eyes with a spoon and showed her “Tada!” and there was a huge commotion at the restaurant.

Ceci: What was the latest hot topic in the SNSD katalk chatroom?

Taeyeon: It’s always puppy photos! Yuri, Sooyoung, Tiffany, Seohyun and I all raise puppies and whenever they have a cute expression or a peculiar pose, we take photos like crazy and upload them. Oh and someone recently asked “Anyone know a place with good makgeolli?”

Ceci: SNSD and Makgeolli…

Taeyeon: Was it because it was raining? (She laughs)

Ceci: Do you have great expectations for the 30s coming up, or nostalgia of the 20s that are going past?
Taeyeon: I always want to experience something new. And so I’m so so curious about my 30s. How I feel when I’m 24, how I feel when I’m 25, how I feel in Autumn and Winter… they are all different. So I always think that the times to come are more precious than the times that have passed. Going forward is the important thing.

Ceci: In 2014, you turned 26. What time is that in the life of Kim Taeyeon?

Taeyeon: Hmm… I think it’s an incredibly important time. Of course, 23, 24, 25 were important too but, I can definitely feel that I’m not new to being in my twenties. But since I don’t feel particularly low on stamina, or feel my skin has got rougher, or any kind of changes, I don’t think I tend to feel myself aging. Oh wait! These days, the styling team all tend to be younger than me so they naturally call me ‘unnie’, so that’s different.A while ago I called one of them “little baby~” without knowing (she laughs) and I was shocked at myself!

Ceci: Eight years since you debuted. Shall we talk about how fast you’ve been moving forward and where exactly you see yourself?

Taeyeon: I’ve been moving well, but I’m not at the end yet. Whenever I look at my life, I mean. I think I’m still at a stage where I am preparing myself without knowing what I’m doing. As a singer, as a member of SNSD, I ave so many things to do in the future. I have no intention of slowing down. But that doesn’t mean I want to speed up excessively, just to keep going at the current speed. I really like being natural. I want to go with the flow.

Ceci: Do you believe in destiny?

Taeyeon: Somewhat. I tend to accept things easily.

Ceci: “Easygoing”, “shrewd”, “easily lonely”, “resilient” are terms we are reminded of when thinking of Taeyeon. What words would you use to describe yourself?

Taeyeon: “Has an unexpected side”. People think that I’m cute and have a bright personality, but to be honest I’m not the type to just ‘clown around’. Unless it’s something to be joyful about, I don’t really get that excited about it. I like doing my nails by myself in my room or doodling with my colouring pencils, but an unexpected side is that I ‘really’ enjoy sports cars. With perfume, I prefer the neutral male perfumes than female floral tones.

Ceci: You must enjoy drives with a bit of speed.

Taeyeon: I quite enjoy driving. But I have no sense of direction. Isn’t that an unexpected side too? (She laughs) So I most like when I’m going down the motorway back home to Jeonju. I just have to drive forward. I visit often when I have time. I was just there recently.

Ceci: “Female celebrity I want to have as a school junior”, “female celebrity I want to have as a girlfriend”, “celebrity I want to be friends with”. How do are you number one in the polls so often! Could you write a poll you would like yourself to come number one in?

Taeyeon: “Celebrity I want to save in my favourites on Kakao Talk”. I want to be the person that people want to look for and be friends with.

Ceci: Since you were a trainee, you must have congratulated yourself and scolded yourself. Throughout this long time, has Taeyeon changed much?

Taeyeon: Of course! In terms of work, I’ve become very simple. I feel the simplicity so much that I can feel it with certainty. Before, if something like the sound monitoring went wrong during a performance, I used to get very sensitive about it. I used to get angry easily about it, but now I just accept and understand it as the venue limitations. I know it sounds cliched but I’ve come to feel more laidback and say to myself “I’ll make it better next time”.

Ceci: Wouldn’t that be wisdom from experience? What about your personality outside of work?

Taeyeon: I still have a lot of thoughts. But I think how I treat people has changed. I used to feel a little uncomfortable about meeting people. I found it difficult to sit opposite someone and talk about something without an end, so I once even lied about having other plans and just stayed by myself. Now I don’t. I enjoy gossiping and it comes naturally.

Ceci: What does Taeyeon think is a real “adult”?

Taeyeon: Someone who is considerate. I think “considerate” has a lot of meanings in the word. Whether it’s knowing what to do or think in a situation, isn’t that what being considerate would be? These days I feel like I should become an adult-like adult. I want to become someone who thinks deeply, knows how to act and think, and is considerate.

Ceci: Finally, something to say to Taeyeon of 2014!

Taeyeon: Think simpler. And also get more of the ‘happy virus’ and gain more energy!

Kabuto

oniontaker translated Taengoo's Ceci interview, she talks about joining InsTaegram and the others joining:

Taeyeon: “Has an unexpected side”. People think that I’m cute and have a bright personality, but to be honest I’m not the type to just ‘clown around’. Unless it’s something to be joyful about, I don’t really get that excited about it.

she still the best

Ym1r

Dare I ask who is 3rd?

#1 icg
#2 haeryung
#3 fany
#4 clara

clearly taeyeon #1 goddess tho

also, was in the middle of drawing haeryung. I was content with what I did with the face so far, even though I wasn't finished with it and was starting to work on the hair when I realize I messed up. soooo... I give up and I'm just gunna stop drawing. I hate drawing anyway. I should have double checked before detailing, I just wasted a few hours of my life.

I have so many unfinished promised drawings too, sry milkham, oc, ash, and whoever I else I promised to draw them something.
Haeryung... was suppose to be her anyway said:

Ym1r

Here is all the unfinished pieces, I don't think I'll ever complete them, they all have little things that annoy me, and are too hard to fix, it would be much easier dealt with by chucking away and redoing (which I don't feel like doing at all).

Sorry Milkham, OC, and the rest. :(

the fany one in the back wasn't even remotely done.

The Throne of Unfinished Drawings said:

Pendulum

I can appreciate what Zion. T has tried with his new mini album "Mirrorball". Just wish there were a few more songs like "Spin Spin". It's too brief of a listen with one short song and two songs that are very much "background" songs there to help set an atmosphere. I'd also like to hear a remix of "Miss Kim" with a strong beat dropping in (which I was waiting for on first listen) - seemed like it was building and then when I expected it, the song was pretty much over.

llehuty

Woaaah Ym1r, I didn't know you had that talent. You're good. Just the fact that I can recognize who they are has to mean thay you are doing it right.

That Taeyeon on the right is my favourite.

dokish

Banned
2040571690_acWhkIs0_B6F6B6F3BDBAC0AD.jpg

There is this duo who is called lalasweet (&#46980;&#46972;&#49828;&#50967;). Not sure if it was ever mentioned here. I think they fall in the same category of good indie bands that Ramyeon often shares here. If you appreciate what is usually flying around, you should check them out.

Ballad

Huge ass playlist. Their style varies greatly

And they PODCAST constantly.

EDIT: Holy shit I need to go clubbing more often.

More and high res here

20130320002913_0.jpg

Oniontaker is back? Hell yes... him along with Yellow Slug and the folks at Asian Junkie are pretty much the voices of reason in K-Pop. I love how they call out bullshit when they see it.

I can appreciate what Zion. T has tried with his new mini album "Mirrorball". Just wish there were a few more songs like "Spin Spin". It's too brief of a listen with one short song and two songs that are very much "background" songs there to help set an atmosphere. I'd also like to hear a remix of "Miss Kim" with a strong beat dropping in (which I was waiting for on first listen) - seemed like it was building and then when I expected it, the song was pretty much over.

I disagree about Mirrorball. The entire album sounds like reject tracks from Primary's obsession with retro swing. The album while thematically cohesive, the music itself is a disjointed mess that honestly seems worse than IGAB. There's no "base" to rest my ears on, that vintage sound he tries to replicate is unnecessarily over the top and gets grating to my ears, and did I mention that it feels really disjointed?

Special mention goes to Miss Kim for having the best title with the most squandered song in existence. When I saw that this was the title of the song and coming from Zion.T I was expecting a song in the lines of Taeyang's "I Need A Girl." A proper panty dropper if you will. What we ended up with a song sung with a sexy voice but with a beat that'll keep their clothes on instead... you wouldn't even be able to get her shoes off with this song. -___-

That said, I do appreciate that he's trying to sound different from Red Light but he practically jumped the shark with Mirrorball and it's unfortunate that it's quite honestly, terrible.

Eldren

Here is all the unfinished pieces, I don't think I'll ever complete them, they all have little things that annoy me, and are too hard to fix, it would be much easier dealt with by chucking away and redoing (which I don't feel like doing at all).

Sorry Milkham, OC, and the rest. :(

the fany one in the back wasn't even remotely done.

These are good, man! I love the Yuri one. Who's that in the middle, bottom row? That's the only one I couldn't make out.

I didn't realise this kind of thing existed but it's actually really cool. I love backstage stuff and it's nice to see the members just goofing off a bit before they perform. Speaking of:

&#45208;&#51064;&#48036;&#51648;&#49828;_Glue (Glue by 9Muses of Mcountdown 2013.12.19)

Vaguely (very vaguely) Christmas themed performance. Couple of mic issues but good stuff nonetheless.

Does anyone else think Sooyoung's legs look a little bit thicker here? Obviously not actually thick, but thicker. She looks better for it.

Moon Goddess Hyuna said:

Pendulum

Mirrorball

I disagree about the songs being disjointed in themselves. Whether someone likes them or not, whether there is an underlying base or not, the songs play out as you'd expect - there are no tempo changes ala IGAB. Perhaps the only song that this could be levelled against is Modern Boy, and that's more a musical piece - an interlude if you will.

As I said, I can appreciate what he'd tried, but he's probably gone too far with the retro style without tying it back down to something relevant or, importantly, fun. To be honest, it just sounds like we're offering our views from either side of the wall - album gets some kudos for trying something different, but is ultimately lacklustre and too far removed from his previous work.

----

Edit:
So, where does one become Hyuna's personal mirror holder?
When you get the job, I'll see you backstage. I'll be the one preparing Erin's chest.

Eldren

Which one do you think is yuri? huehueh I have a yuri one but I let my little sister draw on it

sica - nana - fany - girl from this MV - taeyeon
yoona - fany - haeryung

Oh right! Haha that's the one I thought was Yuri. I was thrown off by all the other Soshi girls! Oops. I've not heard of Noel before but that was a nice song. I thought your drawing looked like one of those faces Yuri pulls but after watching that MV that's a much closer resemblance.

She gets better every day.

Agreed, I think she just bumped herself up to number 2 in the group.

Pendulum

Ga In said:

----

Edit:
Veteran singer Lee Seung Chul will collaborate with his talented hoobae artists SHINee's Onew, B2ST's Hyunseung, INFINITE's Woohyun, B1A4's Sandeul, and Nine Muses for the '2013 SBS Gayo Daejun'!

According to SBS' announcement on December 19, Lee Seung Chul will perform a remix of his hit song "My Love" with vocalists Onew, Hyunseung, Woohyun, and Sandeul. The boys recently met up in the studio on the 18th and got fans excited with their selcas as well.

The veteran singer will also be working with Nine Muses. A staff member commented, "Lee Seung Chul and Nine Muses recently completed the recording of the song... Please look forward to a new kind of stage."

luso

Does anyone else think Sooyoung's legs look a little bit thicker here? Obviously not actually thick, but thicker. She looks better for it.

She gained a little of weight and that's good. Has a skinny body, since forever, but closer to Genie days.

Avatar potential (with some editing):
Bb20VPQIcAAkZbT.jpg

Top Bottom