• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Who do I have to pay to get Erin rapping an entire song?

-----

tumblr_mykjpfmENX1s9jk33o1_400.png

Remyzero

Thx, no its almost 7am here in socal. I slept through my alarm but I'll catch up on the other performances.

I was looking forward to Secret's performance.

Pendulum

Most boring song. Then Nine Muses turned up. Right after llehuty left too. Give me a call before you do anything rash, mate.

Edit:

Best Dressed Award for Hyori.

Eldren

^That Hyosung gif is amazing.

That was fun. Better than the KBS show, for sure. There were some great performances, although I did still have a few issues. Technical things like the directing and camera angles etc were annoying as ever. I will never understand why, when someone is singing their line, the camera is focused on another member. Why does that happen? Sunny was doing her line in I Got A Boy and the camera was behind her looking at the other 7 just standing there doing nothing.

The SNSD performance was a mess. I get the impression they must be bored of I Got A Boy now because half of them aren't even trying anymore. SM needs to let them choose which songs to perform because clearly they weren't enjoying themselves. I'm hoping they're given more creative control for the comeback to actually ignite some passion in them, otherwise they and SM will just stay complacent and lazy.

The members are on twitter and ufo etc talking about it. Sunny said it was disappointing. Hopefully they'll learn from this, although I'm not holding my breath for the MBC show.

Let me stan for a nine member group that actually put the effort in:

roaSone

I don't really think that the song itself is the only problem. I noticed something over the years, everytime one member is missing during a performance, they all feel down. Check it if you have some time to spare, you'll see my point.

Niks

^That Hyosung gif is amazing.

That was fun. Better than the KBS show, for sure. There were some great performances, although I did still have a few issues. Technical things like the directing and camera angles etc were annoying as ever. I will never understand why, when someone is singing their line, the camera is focused on another member. Why does that happen? Sunny was doing her line in I Got A Boy and the camera was behind her looking at the other 7 just standing there doing nothing.

The SNSD performance was a mess. I get the impression they must be bored of I Got A Boy now because half of them aren't even trying anymore. SM needs to let them choose which songs to perform because clearly they weren't enjoying themselves. I'm hoping they're given more creative control for the comeback to actually ignite some passion in them, otherwise they and SM will just stay complacent and lazy.

The members are on twitter and ufo etc talking about it. Sunny said it was disappointing. Hopefully they'll learn from this, although I'm not holding my breath for the MBC show.

Apparently other artists are also complaining about the shoddy camerawork..

Jesus Christ. Have mercy Taeyeon, pls.

HoarseEminentEeve.gif

ioqLgdajiXuGs.gif

I don't really think that the song itself is the only problem. I noticed something over the years, everytime one member is missing during a performance, they all feel down. Check it if you have some time to spare, you'll see my point.

The song itself it´s a problem, it´s by far their worst korean single and since day one all the performances of this song are lacking something. I honestly can´t wait for this IGAB era to end with their next comeback, whatever concept it is.

Peru

The song itself it´s a problem, it´s by far their worst korean single and since day one all the performances of this song are lacking something. I honestly can´t wait for this IGAB era to end with their next comeback, whatever concept it is.

What? Their promotional period was marked by great, energetic performances, the song and performance damn near explodes near the end and has been a great hit later as well, like the Dream Concert with those fan chants - it's also their best single since Gee, but even if you're meh on it it's been a hit live. Of course they're tired of it and everything else at the year-end.

Just caught up with the SBS show... it's better than KBS definitely, but it's got nothing compared to last year. Last year's was fantastic, this year... yeah.

The A-Pinkeu x Girls' Day mashup proved one thing: that A-Pinkeu needs some work if they're gonna go the sexy route next time. Hayoung was the only who can sell sexy, the rest not so much.

The hip-hop stage with Tiger JK and Yoon Mirae and everyone else was decent, but last year's was definitely better. Then again, you couldn't really top a collaboration with Dynamic Duo, Tablo, Simon.D and whoever else was in on last years.

f(x) performance was terrible. What the hell was that? Nobody looked like they wanted to be there. Sulli's face basically screamed get me the fuck off this stage right now. That said, Luna looked amazing. I may or not be joining the church of Luna soon.

TTS and Soshi performance... yeah, I think we all know that was terrible as well. TTS' problem wasn't their performance, rather the equipment, sound was fncking terrible. Their sound engineers need to be shot with a firing squad. Express 999 and IGAB on the other hand, they too looked bored like f(x) which is weird coz the KBS performance was pretty banging. Not to mention the shit sound and camerawork.

GDYB on the other hand was pretty good, save for the lack of the rest of BB. It doesn't make sense to me why TOP, Seungri, and Daesung couldn't be on for Bad Boy at least.

And I can't believe I'm saying this but that Hyori x CL collaboration was the best part of the show. I actually enjoyed it, and Hyori and CL need to get on another collab again.

Anyway, yeah... this years Gayo Daejun's are terrible compared to last years. I'm kinda glad I don't wake up around 5am just to catch these.

What? Their promotional period was marked by great, energetic performances, the song and performance damn near explodes near the end and has been a great hit later as well, like the Dream Concert with those fan chants - it's also their best single since Gee, but even if you're meh on it it's been a hit live. Of course they're tired of it and everything else at the year-end.

No, the song itself it´s a mess, they really need to keep the musical direction they have on Japan with their Korean albums. TTS is the prove that SNSD can and needs to keep growing up musically and for that, SM needs to give them the chance to have more control on the creative process of the music, image and performances.

I really hope their next comeback mixes the electro dance sound they have on their japanese albums with a concept like The Boys, Galaxy Supernova, RDR, etc.

BTW, i understand that EXO is the future of SM, that they are the hot rookies of the industry and bla bla but seriouly SM, do you really need to spam it all around? You already have the money and the virginity of a thousand girls, seriously, staph.

Peru

No, the song itself it´s a mess, they really need to keep the musical direction they have on Japan with their Korean albums. TTS is the prove that SNSD can and needs to keep growing up musically and for that, SM needs to give them the chance to have more control on the creative process of the music, image and performances.

I really hope their next comeback mixes the electro dance sound they have on their japanese albums with a concept like The Boys, Galaxy Supernova, RDR, etc.

TTS is the worst, most derivative shit SNSD have done. The Boys and RDR are your run of the mill imported electro tunes. IGAB got people talking about SNSD for their music, got critics outside of the country talking about kpop for the music and not some dumb industry angle. Shit blew minds.

TTS is the worst, most derivative shit SNSD have done. The Boys and RDR are your run of the mill imported electro tunes. IGAB got people talking about SNSD for their music, got critics outside of the country talking about kpop for the music and not some dumb industry angle. Shit blew minds.

If you really think about that about TTS then you don´t know what music actually is. IGAB worked because all of their previous work, not for itself.

You seriously can´t think TTS is crap, seriously dude. LOL

She was yawning on camera 10 seconds into the show.

Really? wow lol.

Someone on Tumblr mentioned that she's sick that's why she looked like that... that true at all?

All this talk about TTS and IGAB has me in stitches. While I don't necessarily agree that TTS as derivative, I do think it's one of the worst things that Soshi has done in their careers. TTS did NOT help Soshi "grow musically" or whatever BS that is. All that did was get Seohyun to be a damn third wheel during a live TaeNy make out session. Nothing in TTS changed a certain aspect of Soshi. It's the same old song and dance that everyone in K-Pop does if they want to stay relevant.

Saying that TTS is what Soshi needs is probably the wrongest thing I've ever heard. There was nothing special about it at all.
Shit now I can actually see why Peru says it's derivative...
lol

IGAB on the other hand... that song brought Soshi back to relevancy. Love it or hate it, that was one of the best things they've done in their entire career. Here was a group who could sit on their laurels and make bank with shitty ass derivative music, but they instead blow everyone's minds by releasing a beautiful mess that's still earning praises locally and internationally 11 months later. You're absolutely insane to think that IGAB should be erased from Soshi's existence. That's exactly what they needed and is the reason why they broke the 5 year girl group curse.

Fafnir

Just watched Soshi's performance. TTS performance was good. I think the PD wants to be a MV director by putting some fish eye shots and artistic shots of the trombone when he should be focusing on the girls.

SBS, why the hell would you make the girls perform on a moving stage high up in the air? Girls were petrified. By this time the PD was full on drunk and had no idea how to direct the cuts. WTF with the out shots with the camera crew in focus? Get a new PD for this SBS.

MBC should be better, the Music Core performances were always the best of the week when TTS was MCing.

Peru

If you really think about that about TTS then you don´t know what music actually is. IGAB worked because all of their previous work, not for itself.

You seriously can´t think TTS is crap, seriously dude. LOL

Really? You want to talk about that tired pastiche of the already awful sound of the many Lady Marmalades of pop history?

Really? wow lol.

Someone on Tumblr mentioned that she's sick that's why she looked like that... that true at all?

All this talk about TTS and IGAB has me in stitches. While I don't necessarily agree that TTS as derivative, I do think it's one of the worst things that Soshi has done in their careers. TTS did NOT help Soshi "grow musically" or whatever BS that is. All that did was get Seohyun to be a damn third wheel during a live TaeNy make out session. Nothing in TTS changed a certain aspect of Soshi. It's the same old song and dance that everyone in K-Pop does if they want to stay relevant.

Saying that TTS is what Soshi needs is probably the wrongest thing I've ever heard. There was nothing special about it at all.
Shit now I can actually see why Peru says it's derivative...
lol

IGAB on the other hand... that song brought Soshi back to relevancy. Love it or hate it, that was one of the best things they've done in their entire career. Here was a group who could sit on their laurels and make bank with shitty ass derivative music, but they instead blow everyone's minds by releasing a beautiful mess that's still earning praises locally and internationally 11 months later. You're absolutely insane to think that IGAB should be erased from Soshi's existence. That's exactly what they needed and is the reason why they broke the 5 year girl group curse.

IGAB is SNSD following a trend, not setting the path to follow. That´s why it still has not surpass The Boys in sales. It´s a lazy ass concept all around. Do you really think they need to do that at this point of their carrer? Being like everybody else?

Let me remind you that the only reason that IGAB had success and headlines on this side of the world is because you live in a post Gangnam Style era. Where the world knows what kpop is and looks for it through its biggest acts, no wonder why a hyped up comeback of one of them would have been a success.

Nine Muses + ZE:A performance was great btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ80sOjEp64&list=PLPik6UL1gQ6cOAtoKcVq8iqbzCTNpc6hW

Niks

TTS was SNSD vocal line having fun/getting spotlight. Nothing more nothing less... and hey, it sold really well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Girl's Day did better
With those flat notes and weak moves? I think they did about the same. I don't think the groups are given enough time to practice the new routine. Makes sense since it's a one-shot deal, but still, they will always be for novelty more than quality.

WENDEL DID YOU SEE NAMIE AT THE END DURING NONONO? AAAA<3

isuzu

8dbzd2q.gif
Tpa9Yeo.gif

UJpSZA0.gif
Imvyu4N.gif

KftRAvk.gif
GVSRgv3.gif

IyVAnF3.gif

Fish oppar judging them hard (homophobe, tbh, arrest him and Kikwang). Luhan dying because their confession was fanfic level and not something beautiful like he planned.

1vHz6Kj.gif

vanty

I'm 100% with Peru.

Those Taeyeon avatars are always crazy.

What trend was IGAB following? It seems to me like it made a trend of "have 5 songs in one" that other groups later attempted with far less success.

Top Bottom