• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Retarded people. If I was able to buy the fucking tickets for the SM Town thing and SNSD performed like shit, I wouldn't complain, I would just laugh my ass off, take a bunch of pictures/video, wish I was boning any of them (except Hyo) and go home happy.

We are really negligent about the kind of lives these women have. Anyone that think they can shit sit on their ass and make banks of money is wrong. Is not easy to "just shut your mouth, do what the manager say and that's it".

This is not America/western where you can have Justin Bieber pulling stunts and shit all the time and get away with it.

EDIT: Drunk Fany is hilarious.

Sure is. LOL

tumblr_mt4vsjmEFf1rp2chco5_250.gif

giri

Just show me a timestamp example? I didn't ask for a dissertation just an example where they are not trying. What was "hilariously bad" about the KBS performance?

Are you just talking shit with no backbone?

And this is why i don't bother.

Watch this. This is soshi actually trying / sober.

So i guess this is the end of WGM, unless there´s a new idol couple in the works.

Taemin and Naeun will be leaving "We Got Married" + last episode is set to air in January 2014

Source: Nate

Fafnir

And this is why i don't bother.

Watch this. This is soshi actually trying / sober.

You don't bother because you can't show any kind of proof at all.

Please distinguish between The Boys performance and the IGAB one. What made it show that they were "trying"? The Boys performance had longer focus shots and IGAB had sporadic shots of nothing so you're going to judge that Soshi wasn't trying because of that?

giri

You don't bother because you can't show any kind of proof at all.

Please distinguish between The Boys performance and the IGAB one. What made it show that they were "trying"? The Boys performance had longer focus shots and IGAB had sporadic shots of nothing so you're going to judge that Soshi wasn't trying because of that?

Yeah faf. It was all camera work. Thats it.

Fafnir

Yeah faf. It was all camera work. Thats it.

lol, all I'm asking is how do you tell if they are "trying". You seem to be pretty adamant that they were half-assing it, I want to know how you came to that conclusion. Please enlighten me.

Sevarus

lol, all I'm asking is how do you tell if they are "trying". You seem to be pretty adamant that they were half-assing it, I want to know how you came to that conclusion. Please enlighten me.

Tiffany and Taeyeon seemed pretty out of it the whole time. Jessica was doing better than usual. Sunny and Hyoyeon always seem to have a good time, or they're at least better at pretending.

Fafnir

Tiffany and Taeyeon seemed pretty out of it the whole time. Jessica was doing better than usual. Sunny and Hyoyeon always seem to have a good time, or they're at least better at pretending.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere with someone that will back up their claims. I just re-watched the IGAB focusing on TaeNy. How can you tell they seem out of it? (just point out the time so I can judge for myself)

Sorry to keep harping about this, but I have to know what I'm not seeing.

milkham

Ok, now we are getting somewhere with someone that will back up their claims. I just re-watched the IGAB focusing on TaeNy. How can you tell they seem out of it? (just point out the time so I can judge for myself)

its ok faf, its ok. lets hold hands.

Tiffany at 0:49 it´s a mess, and a couple of seconds after that when the camera zooms out too. (0:54), again at 3:49.

Taeyeon is struggling with her mic after her ad lib in the end of express 999 you can see her with the arm on her back a couple of times during IGAB.

Ym1r

It's alright brah just let it go.

from 1 phat sone to another.

After my investigation is complete!
m4Pzf.gif

Who cares about Express 999, they are 30 feet in the air on a moving platform. Who wouldn't be shook?

Jessica would and yet she was better than usual...

LOL, just noticed Taeyeon has her mic module on her hands, you can see it clearly at 4:31.

Sevarus

Yeah, Fany is off a lot at 3:49, 4:35 she completely forgets to put her hands up, at 4:50 she is totally off again. At 5:00 she fails the hair flip... when Jessica does that better than you, you know you're having a bad day. In general, though her timing is on, she's just not putting the same effort into the dancing, especially next to Yuri. Towards the end, at the climax of the song, she seems to pull it together.

Honestly, their expressions are more important to me than the movements or even the singing. There's a couple smiles here and there, but a lot of them feel forced. They're really just going through the motions, and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I stan SNSD hard and probably cut them a lot more slack than they deserve, but I know an emotionless performance when I see one.

Yeah, Fany is off a lot at 3:49, 4:35 she completely forgets to put her hands up, at 4:50 she is totally off again. At 5:00 she fails the hair flip... when Jessica does that better than you, you know you're having a bad day. In general, though her timing is on, she's just not putting the same effort into the dancing, especially next to Yuri. Towards the end, at the climax of the song, she seems to pull it together.

Honestly, their expressions are more important to me than the movements or even the singing. There's a couple smiles here and there, but a lot of them feel forced. They're really just going through the motions, and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I stan SNSD hard and probably cut them a lot more slack than they deserve, but I know an emotionless performance when I see one.

I think Tiffany is not the best example to talk about this since she´s been like this from the beginning, which makes it worst in my opinion is that she can´t sing as before and i´m sick of SM trying to sell her as main singer when she is clearly technically inferior to others.

The expression thing is something odd to discuss with all this camera man drama, he catches everybody offguard but the point it´s the same, they clearly seem to be not having fun.

Fafnir

Cool, thank you for humoring me. At least you came back with a rebuttal instead of running away. I'll be honest, from the brief camera shots during IGAB I thought they were just going through the motions as well, but I wanted to see people back up their claims instead of just throwing out accusations with no substance.

aMcM5.gif

Sevarus

I think Tiffany is not the best example to talk about this since she´s been like this from the beginning, which makes it worst in my opinion is that she can´t sing as before and i´m sick of SM trying to sell her as main singer when she is clearly technically inferior to others.

I definitely agree. She was just the one I noticed immediately. Even though she's not usually on point with the dancing, she's typically one who always looks like she's having fun; she did not look that way at the show last night. As for her voice, I agree that it is inconsistent, though her tone is my favorite out of all of them. She has a deeper, more powerful voice than the others, when she's singing well. She really needs more training in vocal control--something Sunny and (usually) Taeyeon seem to have down-pat.

As for the others, Taeyeon did not seem into it at all, but frankly she rarely seems like she's feeling it these days. Jessica was doing much better than usual, real smiles and everything. Hyoyeon and Sunny were both enjoying themselves, as far as I know; the camera didn't focus on them much. Sooyoung and Yuri did okay. And Seohyun is a strange happy robot as far I know.

I don't think it's far to discount Express 999. They were out of sync literally as soon as the song starts. I'm sure the stage moving backwards didn't help. There's only so much rehearsing you can do for that.

dokish

Banned
image.php

So, who's the one that since the beginning was always flawless and is the main singer with superior skills?

Damn my musical knowledge must be fucking terrible. First IGAB now Tiffany? What the fuck I'm a terrible Sone.

Lawd I'm done... never thought opinions could be so damn wrong these days.

Anyway, it's time for K-Pop GAF's favorite love story... Hot Coffee Chapter 7!

Ramyeon explores the secret facility Dice Tech runs and the cliffhanger is solved!

http://pastebin.com/gueWe2aG

Also I'm pre-emptively announcing a delay for chapter 8. I'm gonna be on vacay for NYE and I'm only gonna have a Surface tablet with me and the plastic keyboard on that thing is terrible so unless I can get it done within the next 24 hours, I'll probably have ch8 next week.

Anyway, enjoy!

image.php

So, who's the one that since the beginning was always flawless and is the main singer with superior skills?

None.

Taeyeon and Jessica are the most technical singers in SNSD, both tones, range, breathing, and performances are way a lot better than the rest, they will be always the main singers. The difference is that Taeyeon kept improving and training, Jessica lost his motivation since The Boys era. You can add Seohyun in this line too if you want, she´s even more consistent than both of them but she has her limitations and she knows how to work around them.

The thing is that SM is selling Tiffany as THE singer since forever being inferior than both of them and even worse than the backup or second line of singers. Seohyun, Sunny, the hell, she sounds worse than Sooyoung sometimes. Her tone has become a mess since the first japanese album, that nasal sound it´s horrible and somewhat she´s not trying to fix it with training, you can tell it by the way she breathes.

Ym1r

To me, Tiffany's voice has always had a great quality to it, it's just that she is unable to control it. I've always had issues with Jessica's voice, ever since the beginning, it's very unique in an annoying way, and sometimes very coarse, shes always lacked control too, but not as bad as Tiffany.

To me, Tiffany's voice has always had a great quality to it, it's just that she is unable to control it. I've always had issues with Jessica's voice, ever since the beginning, it's very unique in an annoying way, and sometimes very coarse, shes always lacked control too, but not as bad as Tiffany.

That´s the result of being a bad student and not practicing the proper techniques to control your voice. Beyond the fact that she had throat problems.

I agree that Jessica´s tone is something you love or hate, kinda like Sunny, but on her prime she could sing higher than Taeyeon with her particular tone.

So why SM is selling us this lame ass singer? Beyond the fact that she has a pretty face? well of course, the taeny crap, the fact that she knows how to speak english which automatically makes it a better rapper by kpop logic,etc,etc.

This video is fantastic about this subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1gf1d13PHs

But not everything is bad, she was a good singer a long time ago, let´s remember it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGiRfdi8fBQ

luso

Girl's Day going Sistar.

Soshi was clearly uncomfortable in that moving platform, a dance routine on that is different from GD jumping and swagging on it.
IGAB was also not perfect as you pointed out with some examples but not as bad as you are saying.

TY fancam
Audio issues? Also during IGAB she had to carry the backpack mic.

About tiredness, I only mentioned the things they had in a week (SM Concert with +20 performances, with solo stages), don't forget the Japan trips to recording and album promotion with showcase, the comeback preparations, this in December only, and don't forget the +60 flights all year around, maybe there are more reasons that we don't know, did you also saw f(x)?

tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno1_250.gif
tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno4_250.gif

tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno2_250.gif
tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno8_250.gif

tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno6_250.gif
tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno5_250.gif

tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno3_250.gif
tumblr_mylv6utTC21qkiilno7_250.gif

Pendulum

It is a shame since Inkigayo typically has the best stages and solid camera work. If it was the same PD that put on the SBS Gayo, he's slacking.

roaSone

You guys are arguing over and over about opinions and tastes, I mean what is the point here ? Some liked IGAB era, Some liked The Boys era, Some liked TTS era... but stop talking trash/critical about one or another... It's pointless, really.
Also, anyone can have a day or more off, we don't know their personal lives and the happenings during each of their days. I didn't watch these gayo performances yet, but seeing all the SBS hate even from idols themselves, it must have been pretty sucky, and surely has shook the whole ambiance of the night. This high stage is the most stupid thing they could have think about... I mean 9 people on something that's more than 6m above the ground, anyone would be distressed, nah ?

Now we'll see with their comeback if they're still half-assing like nearly all of you are saying..

No No Eul

It'll be fascinating to see what form Soshi's next single takes. I mean, where do you go from IGaB? I'm guessing it won't be quite so avant-garde.

Girl's Pink killed it. What a stage.
Girl's Day did better

It's a shame they only performed half of each other's songs. I would've loved to have seen more.

Have some Taeng «

Dat gif apocalypse.

3CBgu.gif

That drunk Fany video tho.

Reply 1994 ending

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUK TEAM TRASH ALL THE WAY YES

What a fantastic show that was. I thought it would be nigh on impossible to create a worthy successor to 1997, particularly with an almost entirely new cast, but they did an incredible job. I'd happily spend another 30 hours in the company of those characters.

Ending spoilers:
If I had one minor complaint about the show, it was that Chil Bong never stood a realistic chance, so there wasn't really much tension concerning the identity of the husband. Poor Chilbongie. :(

Also, I thought it was weird that Na Jeong's passion for basketball almost completely evaporated after the first episode or so. Maybe the writers felt it was a bit of a narrative dead end, or that it would be retreading the same sort of ground covered in 1997? I dunno.

Also also, it would've been nice to see a few more scenes of Haitai in the military, especially after he got promoted. I thought that transition from meek junior to don't give a shit senior was hilarious.

Soompi said:
Goodbye “Reply 1994,” Final Episode Ratings

Cable network tvN’s Friday-Saturday drama “Reply 1994” recorded average ratings of 11.9% and a peak rating of 11.9% for its final episode, broadcast on December 28. That’s a 1.8% improvement in average ratings from the previous episode aired on Friday, which scored 10.1% in ratings, making Episode 21 the most watched episode of the drama. This also means that excluding the three terrestrial broadcasters (SBS, MBC and KBS), “Reply 1994” has the distinction of being the most highly rated drama of all time.

iw4RadafeJ9jO.jpg

For those who can’t bear to see the show go, there will be a special “Reply 1994 Epilogue” airing on January 3 (Friday) at 8:40 PM KST.

tumblr_myknwmN8BZ1qbyzjyo1_250.gif
tumblr_myknwmN8BZ1qbyzjyo2_250.gif

tumblr_myknwmN8BZ1qbyzjyo3_250.gif
tumblr_myknwmN8BZ1qbyzjyo4_250.gif

Pendulum

SBS Entertainment Awards

SBS recycling set pieces from the Gayo Daejun.
vDl0xk5.png

Sooyoung won something. Because she isn't allowed to win something by herself, SNSD face masks appeared on stage.
NQQP4Is.png

----

4minute's Jiyoon musical cancelled. Apparently replaced by Boram.

I don't...know.

Apparently she's playing the role of a small child. It works.

neoism

Girl's Day going Sistar.

Soshi was clearly uncomfortable in that moving platform, a dance routine on that is different from GD jumping and swagging on it.
IGAB was also not perfect as you pointed out with some examples but not as bad as you are saying.

TY fancam
Audio issues? Also during IGAB she had to carry the backpack mic.

About tiredness, I only mentioned the things they had in a week (SM Concert with +20 performances, with solo stages), don't forget the Japan trips to recording and album promotion with showcase, the comeback preparations, this in December only, and don't forget the +60 flights all year around, maybe there are more reasons that we don't know, did you also saw f(x)?
Loooooooooooool yeah seriously the worst camera work I've ever seen

There were a few acts whos remixes surpassed the original songs: Hyori/CL and 2pm's.

Oh..and apprently CL had a nipple slip during her performance.

CN Blue's performance was probably my favourite of the show. They put far more energy into the song when they are allowed to play their instruments.

SNSD's performance was pretty good, although they were Lee Seming the dancing a bit.

Top Bottom