• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

Running Man feels at Kwang Soo's acceptance speech last week.
Bc-oxhBCYAAphN_.jpg

Bring Back Lizzy 2014 campaign starts now.

Caught up on episode 178.
Jihyo's "I love you oppa" yell was being directed at Gary still on the water, right?

Episode 179 with Jaekyung? Yes please.

------

Edit:
Part of the new Girl's Day song "Something", aired at the end of a show.

Comparisons gonna be made to SISTAR's songs (I already made one on IRC), but I am liking it. Good to see them branching out from their 2012 cutesy and 2013 sexed up - promising for any future album.

------

Edit:
Part of the new Girl's Day song "Something", showed at the end of a show.

Comparisons gonna be made to SISTAR's songs (I already made one on IRC), but I am liking it. Good to see them branching out from their 2012 cutesy and 2013 sexed up - promising for any future album.

I like it.

Not a straight copy of Sistar, like say AoA's last song and its catchier than both Sistars Give It to Me and Hyorin's One Way Love.

Selane

Meanwhile Girl's Day, what a difference between earlier releases and Twinkle Twinkle, and then from Expectation on. It's ridiculous how their concepts changed. Their agency concluded the cuteness wasn't working, then they stepped up and went to more mature concept (citing the usual RP jargon). But these last teasers are ridiculous in that sense, definitely Rania level, the most openly sexy selling concept now.

While I certainly like Girl's Day now, I think their cute concepts were good too. Hug Me Once and Twinkle Twinkle were some of the best cutesy videos ever in my opinion.

Also, am I the only one tired of people claiming everyone is copying Sistar or whatever? Like their Brave Brothers songs are somehow more legitimate than someone else's Brave Brothers songs.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
'Alone' and its success changed the game and got everyone fiending for that sound, you can't deny that.
And they all got it from Brave Bros. I still need to make that "album" of Alone remixes as a playlist on youtube. It'd be fun to listen to them all in a row to hear how it morphs.

Pendulum

Ilbe Ellin

PWHJGq4.jpg

On January 2, screenshots of Crayon Pop from the 'MBC Gayo Daejaejun' started to appear on various on-line forums, particularly stirring up interest and controversy among the members of the website 'Ilbe.' Some members are claiming that Ellin's hand signs are the traditional hand signs that 'Ilbe' members use to acknowledge each other.

Supposedly, the 'Ilbe' hand sign uses the thumb and index finger to form an 'ㅇ' while bending the ring finger between the little and middle finger to form a 'ㅂ' shape--essentially the initials for 'Ilbe.' However, if they did not do this the exact way, but managed to form the two shapes anyway, it could still be considered the sign for 'Ilbe.' In the screenshots, Ellin appears to have formed an 'O' shape with her ring and thumb finger.

Crayon Pop's agency stated, "The relevant pose in this controversy was just a sign for Ellin to express the 'E' in her own name . . . The other members also have individual alphabet hands sign that signify their names."

Edit:

isuzu

According to the ACT ON THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN AND JUVENILES FROM SEXUAL ABUSE, a person is a minor until January 1 of the year in which he or she will turn 19 (this is also the day on which he or she is considered 20 years old by Korean age reckoning)

I can now officially thirst for Taehyun's dick without any guilt.

PTyyVyZ.gif

Tangeroo

Looking to watch a good K-Drama.

Any Recommendations? (preferably one that has already finished :) )

If movies are your thing, I recommend the following (all available on Netflix):

- Sunny (coming of age story of a transfer student and her group of friends)
- Tower (awesome disaster flick)
- The Man From Nowhere (think Taken but far more badass)
- The Chaser (great crime drama about a former cop trying to solve the kidnapping of his prostitutes)
- Mother (somewhat disturbing drama about a woman and her mentally ill son who is accused of murder)

giri

Looking to watch a good K-Drama.

Any Recommendations? (preferably one that has already finished :) )

no such thing as good k-drama.

Both reply series (reply 1997 / reply 1994 AKA Answer to Me 1997 / Answer to Me 1994) are entertaining enough.

K1LLER7

If movies are your thing, I recommend the following (all available on Netflix):

- Sunny (coming of age story of a transfer student and her group of friends)
- Tower (awesome disaster flick)
- The Man From Nowhere (think Taken but far more badass)
- The Chaser (great crime drama about a former cop trying to solve the kidnapping of his prostitutes)
- Mother (somewhat disturbing drama about a woman and her mentally ill son who is accused of murder)

no such thing as good k-drama.

Both reply series (reply 1997 / reply 1994 AKA Answer to Me 1997 / Answer to Me 1994) are entertaining enough.

If you want something short: History of a Salaryman.
Something long: Giant.

Both are 'Good', despite the above post.

tree with deep roots
the chaser
king 2 hearts
two weeks
joseon x files
sign
chuno
Will be sure to save & check these out later.

Watching 1st EP of Secret Garden. 30 mins in, liking it so far, fighting is meh though lol.

ramyeon

You mean reliance on sexuality, rather than talent, to sell their products? Welcome to pop music. Still, that's why IU is best.
The "welcome to pop" excuse is a really poor one IMO. Not all pop music is like that and kpop wasn't like this in the past, it's only quite recent that this has become a trend (Not to mention I've been listening to pop music my whole life and kpop for just about half of it :p). All these groups feel like they're doing the same shit as one another, it's really uninteresting.

The "welcome to pop" excuse is a really poor one IMO. Not all pop music is like that and kpop wasn't like this in the past, it's only quite recent that this has become a trend. All these groups feel like they're doing the same shit as one another, it's really uninteresting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not relatively newer to kpop, just that's almost inevitable for it to become common in pop music in general, because it works. It sells albums.

I'll be honest, I've never listened to a single Girl's Day song, and have no desire to begin doing so.

Happy Holidays. Happy New Year's. Happy Seolhyun Day.

2509914752AEA323291D98

DAVICHI
131231 다비치 서울 콘서트 녹는중
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcyQ-QBozVc
131231 다비치 서울 콘서트 Hot Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhIiaLZDGc
131231 다비치 서울 콘서트 새해 카운트다운
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxTTvqn-Gyk
131231 다비치 서울 콘서트 You Are My Everything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMn-4QfOjgM
131231 다비치 서울 콘서트 경고
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIHkBMZzmCw

ramyeon

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not relatively newer to kpop, just that's almost inevitable for it to become common in pop music in general, because it works. It sells albums.
Oh I'm not saying I don't understand the why, I just don't agree with it or find it appealing at all that's all.

Top Bottom