• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Remyzero

I'm pretty sure Yuri has been dating. But it would be interesting if SM started confirming that yeah the girls are dating now.

Niks

Well, after Yoonas reveal all bets are off (she is the most popular or well recognized soshi after all).

Still, Im sure there will be blood when taengoos boyfriend is revealed.

Broank

Guy looks like manager unnie. lol

jtqVUJx.jpg

xa2J1Qw.jpg

S1l1YSe.jpg

Whrjj5D.jpg

Well, after Yoonas reveal all bets are off (she is the most popular or well recognized soshi after all).

Still, Im sure there will be blood when taengoos boyfriend is revealed.

Sones are going to be in shock when Taeyeon relationship is revelead, i can´t wait for that day to end the Taeny bullshit. Not that Taeyeon being gay bothers me, it would be awesome, i don´t want her with Fany. lol.

SM just confirmed Sooyoung´s relationship.

"newsen reported that SME has confirmed the two "got closer last year after having a senior/junior relationship"

http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/1295201.htm

Needs more god-tier.

parkjiyoon-ellemagazimdy10.jpg

Park Ji Yoon x Lim Kim, and others.

PJY singing and rhyming. Lim Kim spits in English, too.

131029 더 뮤직 인터뷰 : 박지윤 (MC 성진환, 정지찬) [1080p]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Bi-O6Kpl0

[Live] 박지윤 Park Ji Yoon - 눈의 꽃 Snow Flower @네이버 뮤직 '미스틱89의 눈오는 밤'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jsM4N7xHY
[Live] 박지윤, 김예림, 장재인, 퓨어킴 - 크리스마스 소원 @네이버 뮤직 '미스틱89의 눈오는 밤'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYM07I1SPRA

[ENG] 131127 Weekly Idol(주간아이돌) Park Jiyoon(박지윤), Lim Kim(김예림) Part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpQfsaYB6QI
[ENG] 131127 Weekly Idol(주간아이돌) Park Jiyoon(박지윤), Lim Kim(김예림) Part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7c1ekSMVh0

[박지윤] 2013-12-12 스페이스 공감 - 미스터리
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_3xohFRkPM
[김예림 & 박지윤] 2013-12-12 스페이스 공감 - 봄눈
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkkMsL7fmWo
[박지윤] 2013-12-12 스페이스 공감 - 그럴 거야, 목격자
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huxeqauNdbg
[박지윤] 2013-12-12 스페이스 공감 - 바래진 기억에, 나무가 되는 꿈
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZOHV47t78

SBS [2013가요대전] - 윤종신,김예림,박지윤 '본능적으로+All right+성인식+미스터리'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jGXXmya9rg

박지윤, 시각장애 아동들과 열창 @놀라운 대회 스타킹 131214
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAo4ekw9bM

Sevarus

Sones are going to be in shock when Taeyeon relationship is revelead, i can´t wait for that day to end the Taeny bullshit. Not that Taeyeon being gay bothers me, it would be awesome, i don´t want her with Fany. lol.

Taeyeon is the only member that reads as really gay to me. I could, of course, be totally wrong, and I admit I'm probably falling prey to wishful thinking, lol.

I'm also a Taeny shipper, sorry. My fiancee is too, so whenever anything happens between the two, we're squealing like fangirls

dokish

Banned
According to the ACT ON THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN AND JUVENILES FROM SEXUAL ABUSE, a person is a minor until January 1 of the year in which he or she will turn 19 (this is also the day on which he or she is considered 20 years old by Korean age reckoning)

Holy fuck.

Yes

Edit: Beat me to it. This deserves to be double posted anyways.

Heh, not sure about that judging by the posts lol.

Quick review:

Musically it's semi-interesting... sounds a lot like their old songs, a certain poster in here might call this derivative music. That piano thing about halfway was the most interesting part.

Visually... eh lol. After the teasers, you would expect this to be an eyegasm like Female President was but nah. Let's put it this way, the tower was only halfway done... the builders stopped caring about halfway and they went off to get lunch instead.

My other complaint, which is something that Dream Tea never seems to understand... sound quality is horrible. Their mixing/mastering engineers must be 15 year olds since all of their recent singles sound like shit. I'm not gonna go into full detail, but their people are fcking amateurs at this... mix/master engineers would be lol'ing all over the floor if they hear any of G'sD masters, any respectable audio engineer wouldn't release a track with this quality.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Easily the best thing Girl's Day has ever done. I LOVE IT.

Musically it's semi-interesting... sounds a lot like their old songs, a certain poster in here might call this derivative music. That piano thing about halfway was the most interesting part.
I completely love it, but I'm a JYP stan so maybe one could see that coming. This kind of R&B groove pop stuff is right up my alley. And that breakdown at the end is really a crescendo of swag. In some ways it's reminding me of early Hikki. Damn good stuff.

Visually... eh lol. After the teasers, you would expect this to be an eyegasm like Female President was but nah. Let's put it this way, the tower was only halfway done... the builders stopped caring about halfway and they went off to get lunch instead.
Again, it appeals to me very much, and it is also rather close to JYP style so I guess it makes sense. They really took Dal Shabet to school by ripping their moves but doing twice as well by downplaying. Sexy is in the mind, man.

My other complaint, which is something that Dream Tea never seems to understand... sound quality is horrible. Their mixing/mastering engineers must be 15 year olds since all of their recent singles sound like shit. I'm not gonna go into full detail, but their people are fcking amateurs at this... mix/master engineers would be lol'ing all over the floor if they hear any of G'sD masters, any respectable audio engineer wouldn't release a track with this quality.
Have to agree with this tho. I think they mastered it on a Super Nintendo or something. It's not as bad as 나를 잊지마요 but still, wow. Needs to get mentoring from the peeps at LOEN who produce for Fiestar and IU.

I think Taeyeon is trying to say something with this hand gesture, it´s way to interesting how she keeps doing it. It has to be related to their comeback choreography or something, we´ll see.

BdB_pi7CQAAI0U3.jpg

Dice

I think Taeyeon is trying to say something with this hand gesture, it´s way to interesting how she keeps doing it. It has to be related to their comeback choreography or something, we´ll see.
She's just doing the tiny hearts but she sucks at it.

I completely love it, but I'm a JYP stan so maybe one could see that coming. This kind of R&B groove pop stuff is right up my alley. And that breakdown at the end is really a crescendo of swag. In some ways it's reminding me of early Hikki. Damn good stuff.

I've been looping it for a couple of times now, and my problem with it is the same problem I had with Miss A's Hush. There's no climax. Maybe I need to read the lyrics before I can fully judge it, but yeah I just feel like I'm in the same place. I hear things wanting to break out but they don't, so to me that's kinda disappointing. That said, I don't hate it... I just expected something more movement from the song, not a lulling piece that goes nowhere.

Again, it appeals to me very much, and it is also rather close to JYP style so I guess it makes sense. They really took Dal Shabet to school by ripping their moves but doing twice as well by downplaying. Sexy is in the mind, man.

I need to make it a point to watch things in 1080p before I judge visually lol. But yeah, it's definitely sexy. I guess I was just expecting it to be similar to Female President where's it's blow out sexy not sultry sexy which is not what the teasers have been showing... in my eyes at least.

Dat skirt to the left though... yes please.
We need gifs dammit!

Have to agree with this tho. I think they mastered it on a Super Nintendo or something. It's not as bad as 나를 잊지마요 but still, wow. Needs to get mentoring from the peeps at LOEN who produce for Fiestar and IU.

FP's problems was unavoidable just because of the song itself. Something on the other hand just baffles me. The song is quite bare and they still can't properly mix and contain Minah's voice... just move the dB meter in the compressor by a hair dammit!

Dokish, if you're ever around Dream Tea's office, tell them to send their final mixes to me and that I'll do it for free. I love G'sD but their mix/masters are just so bad, I rarely put their songs on a playlist since my audio gear is for proper sound reproduction, not the shit that Dr Dre releases to the masses.

Btw, hate to break it to you Ym1r... I'm that guy Fany's been seeing recently.

Dice

Do you even know what the tiny hearts are? It's a trend like every single idol has been doing. It's like the picture-taking-gesture form of 귀요미.

Do you even know what the tiny hearts are? It's a trend like every single idol has been doing. It's like the picture-taking-gesture form of 귀요미.

I know what they are, the timing is what makes me think and look for other stuff just like everybody else, check the video too.

Dice

No time to concern myself with what SNSD is doing next when so many other groups are out there being better than them.

Fafnir

2014 the year of Soshi public dating! Hhmm, 2 Soshi that does not use social media have boys. Fany will be next confirmation.

Waiting on Taeyeon and Kangin confirmation. It'll read like this, "The two became close when they djed radio together and had a friendly sunbae-hoobae relationship. After Kangin got in that bar fight and exiled himself to the army he started seeing Taeyeon for the goddess she really is and they started friendly dating after release. Please support them!".

No time to concern myself with what SNSD is doing next when so many other groups are out there being better than them.

LOL no.

Talking about those other girl groups, very weak comeback of Girl´s Day, the song is not bad, the concept is great but it needed more bang to not be buried by SNSD´s comeback, the dating news are already hitting them lol. I expected more, something in the same line as Expectation, one of the best songs of 2013 hands down.

I agree. The Sone in me doesn't want to admit it but I've seriously lost a lot of interest with Soshi. Besides 2ny, I really don't concern myself with Soshi recently. The last time I got really excited over Soshi was Sica's Miss Korea and Sunky's Bloom cover. Besides that, eh... take my Sone card... well, if I haven't lost it already that is.

eL6q

you have a beautiful mind

Bahahaha. You should look back to the "discussion" over IGAB a couple of pages back.
The delulu is strong in this one.

ramyeon

LOL no.

Talking about those other girl groups, very weak comeback of Girl´s Day, the song is not bad, the concept is great but it needed more bang to not be buried by SNSD´s comeback, the dating news are already hitting them lol. I expected more, something in the same line as Expectation, one of the best songs of 2013 hands down.
This is a joke right? The concept sucks, it's been done to death already. There's dance moves and ideas lifted straight out of other videos in this.

On the other hand the song is probably the best thing they've put out in a long time. Love that Minah's vocals really came through in this song.

Everything else is boring, and some of the dance moves are pretty ridiculous/hilarious.

catmincer

Girls Day song sounds like Sistar with worse vocals. Really disappointed because Expectation and Female President were both really good. Oh well, it's good they went for something different than those I suppose.

Also those red dresses look like the ones Spica are wearing in the Lonely video. Actually they also look like the ones in Alone too. IDK but it just seems too close to Sistar to me.

luso

Girl's Day choreo and concept sure is a mix of very recent ones. I even saw a 24h Sumni bit.
Song is average, like it was said there's no climax, and this R&B for me is good to listen as background music, not really to actively enjoy it, unless it's a very good song.

Wow, Sooyoung now. She was the one wanting to date the most. Good for her.
Taeyeon, be the last one to announce it... And no Suju pls.

Taeyon posting in Instagram
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlEHq61wLOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrojkcLcVS0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwme3Vct2to

Fany (and Yuri also) to Milan
tumblr_myt7wjiUcC1rp2chco2_1280.jpg

Krystal to London
UJdepdl.jpg

Pendulum

It's great - song moreso than video/dance concept, but I'm enjoying it. We were promised a Girl's Day soloist late last year, but Minah pretty much got it this time around - she really carried the song. I'm happy that Girl's Day is trying a different music style for themselves, and doing well with it. It shows growth from their 2011/2 simple synth pop. It's not blazing new trails but it works - this looks to be their best performance on the charts so far with a bunch of #1s and #2s.

Some pics from their showcase:
(I don't know what's up with the wedding dresses either)

------

Some stuff from everyone's favourite 2013 rookies.

BESTie were on ShimShimTapa.
Pitapat
Love Options

Hyeyeon rapping intro
Hyeyeon does Gwiyomi
Uji dies inside while doing Gwiyomi
Dahye doing impersonations
Hyeyeon doing impersonations

No No Eul

I'm not quite sure what to make of the new Girl's Day track. I actually really like it up until the start of the chorus and then suddenly I'm not so keen anymore. Further listening is required I think.

Some pics from their showcase:

I see you Park Sojin.

Damn, that didn't take long. At this rate, they'll all be officially dating by the end of January. :p

Hwayoung filming for ZIA's next MV.

Jia said:

Jisook said:

Pendulum

Rice wreath donation organization Dreame rep stated on December, "Following Seohyun's request, 2.75-ton rice wreaths have been donated to those in need."

Yoona - Dating
Sooyoung - Dating
Seohyun - Donating
stolen joke

Fandom counting down to next dating reveal, Taeyeon doing damage control posted 3 Instagrams (here they are stitched together) implying everything will "Be Alright". The song ended up trending on Melon :p

Edit:
Couple more Girl's Day showcase pics

tumblr_myt9okjkA01rdj7f7o1_500.gif

RubyFaith

Yeah...I can't stan GsD anymore. The new route they've taken isn't for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like sexy concepts and their new song is good but I get enough of that from Nine Muses. I will always prefer GsD's bubbly songs over current GsD.
*sigh*

RIP Hug Me Once era.
I really loved Female President, just not the video

Listening to Rain's album and so far it's a mess. I always liked him better as an actor anyhow.

Eldren

Nice megapost, feist. Great stuff.

I've been looping it for a couple of times now, and my problem with it is the same problem I had with Miss A's Hush. There's no climax. Maybe I need to read the lyrics before I can fully judge it, but yeah I just feel like I'm in the same place. I hear things wanting to break out but they don't, so to me that's kinda disappointing. That said, I don't hate it... I just expected something more movement from the song, not a lulling piece that goes nowhere.

I quite like Something. I can see where you're coming from with the Hush comparison but I thought Hush was a worse offender; it feels like it spends half the song building up, followed by a brief period of high energy music before it slows down again. That was disappointing. Something feels more like a chill track, so the fact it doesn't reach any kind of crescendo doesn't bother me as much. I do see what you mean though.

I do agree about the choreography though (I think luso said it). It's obviously not a direct 1:1 copy of other songs but watching the MV it felt like I'd seen bits before. Sunmi's 24 Hours and Park Ji Yoon's Coming Of Age Ceremony were the two that came to mind immediately. Still, the song itself is good so I'm happy.
I prefer TVXQ's Something though.

I told a friend exactly the same, if not Hyoyeon. Anyways, the real meltdown it´s going to be when Taeyeon announces her relationship.

Well this showed up today. It's late as hell though. It could be a quirk of the translation but the use of "followed by Hyoyeon" in the title is odd because it's been pretty obvious for months that she's been dating. Netizen Buzz had an article about the rumour back in April.

This is a joke right? The concept sucks, it's been done to death already. There's dance moves and ideas lifted straight out of other videos in this.

On the other hand the song is probably the best thing they've put out in a long time. Love that Minah's vocals really came through in this song.

Everything else is boring, and some of the dance moves are pretty ridiculous/hilarious.

Let me rephrase that.

I do like the sexy concept, i did´nt like Female President visually, the song was good. This concept fails on the opposite way. Both are inferior to Expectation where they nailed both things.

I do agree with the dance moves, they are boring.

So Taeyeon posted 3 fragments of Justin Bieber´s Be Alright on her instagram...

http://instagram.com/p/isygWon_io/
http://instagram.com/p/isy6PEn_i9/
http://instagram.com/p/is1AtXH_k1/

llehuty

^^ Our angle *.*

I've been looping it for a couple of times now, and my problem with it is the same problem I had with Miss A's Hush. There's no climax.

Yeah, I have the same feeling, after the chorus it just goes back to the beginning again, it doens't feel like there is a progression.

It's great - song moreso than video/dance concept, but I'm enjoying it. We were promised a Girl's Day soloist late last year, but Minah pretty much got it this time around - she really carried the song.

Yeah, I think they probably reworked Minah's solo for the group.

That must be the loudest fanchants in Girl's Day history, good for them. Fans should be double clapping the whole song, though. Also, Minah killing it. I wasn't sure she was going to pull this off, but her vocals are on point.

dokish

Banned
Fresh interview with Davichi.

link

photo388014.jpg

EDIT:

What does it feel like to turn 30 this year?

Hae-ri: I have mixed feelings. I'm very happy about it and then the next minute I feel blue.

HOLY FUCK WHAT. SHES 30????????

Peru

^ In today's "questions not to ask as a reporter":

Q: Hae-ri, don't you get jealous of all the attention that Kang Min-kyeong gets from men?

dokish

Banned
Yes, that was pretty low and offensive. One in her middle twenties and the "old maid" that just turned 30. I can't imagine their reaction lol.

luso

That must be the loudest fanchants in Girl's Day history, good for them. Fans should be double clapping the whole song, though. Also, Minah killing it. I wasn't sure she was going to pull this off, but her vocals are on point.
The fanchants are as loud as the broadcast stations allows.

isuzu

Girl's Day song is ok. Everything else about it is tacky as fuck. Sojin is hot.

Also gratz, SY. He's not disgusting looking so u go gir!

llehuty

Recently, I decided to check up on the latest happenings with kpop group "T-ara". They recently held a concert in Guangzhou, the place where money is made.

As I was reading and watching fancams of the concert, i kept hearing the same things.

"today was a lazy day, i guess"

"I don't know what is going thru their minds, i think some of them might not be happy with what CCM is not giving them so they lost all the motivation. But i want the bullies back."

"i don't know what to say, i'm just disappointed"

Many queens were quick to swoop in, saying T-ara are bored as shit so they lost all motivation but their performances were still pretty great.

However, opinions are subjective. This is where you come in.

Top comment: "I had no idea what happened to these girls that night [...] they are just so.... drunk [...]"

Many felt hyomin was barely trying in the above performance.

This was a small concert though (as per)

so what's your verdict k-pop gaf?

do you think they were half-assing their performance?

would you be mad if you shelled out your hard earned money for this, or do you think their performance level was fine? With all the people, you knoe, dying in Africa and stuff. Don't you feel like this is too much?

Please leave your opinion!

written by backgammondude3 @ neogaf.com
pls share this article on twitter, tumblr, other kpop forums, etc.... PLS

morch

Recently, I decided to check up on the latest happenings with kpop group "T-ara". They recently held a concert in Guangzhou, the place where money is made.

As I was reading and watching fancams of the concert, i kept hearing the same things.

"today was a lazy day, i guess"
would you be mad if you shelled out your hard earned money for this, or do you think their performance level was fine? With all the people, you knoe, dying in Africa and stuff. Don't you feel like this is too much?

Please leave your opinion!

written by backgammondude3 @ neogaf.com
pls share this article on twitter, tumblr, other kpop forums, etc.... PLS

they look like they cant give a toss, but it looks amusing as hell to witness them breaking the regular professionality you see at concerts

then again i enjoy low key rock gigs mainly so ive seen a person pass out on stage and have a can hit his head whilst he's laying there and still not moving until 5 seconds later

a couple of them are moving like they had a bit too much champagne haha

Pendulum

Top Bottom