• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Kabuto

It's March 9th in Korea y'all. Happy Birthday to Kim Taeyeon!

http://youtu.be/pehxnIXAP2A?t=1m51s

p18hrq09ntunc11n0n951uo0v2p1.jpg

i9e1d605C9yOS.gif

tumblr_n1pmq9QEdU1safxgso1_400.gif

tumblr_n1pmq9QEdU1safxgso4_400.gif

Fafnir

Happy Goddess day! Going to keep this short and sweet like Taeyeon since I can't surpass my birthday posts of yesteryear and I figure every picture of her has already been posted in these threads.

QlaCVx8.jpg

#26thTaeyeonDay

SBS Decides to Discontinue “Jjak” Program After Contestant Commits Suicide

Just two days ago, a female contestant was discovered to have taken her own life by hanging herself with a hair dryer cord in the restroom.

She left a note:

“Mom, Dad, I’m so sorry. I have nothing else to say but that. It’s really hard. I don’t want to live anymore. Tears keep coming. I want to end my variety-like life right here. I’m so sorry........After coming here, the staff cared for me a lot. So I’m really thankful. But it’s just so hard right now. All of you, whom I have loved. I’m sorry to all of you. I’m so sorry. And thank you.”

http://www.soompi.com/2014/03/05/fe...ular-dating-show-jjak-commits-suicide-on-set/

Inkigayo was pretty good. Here's a couple of videos:

2ne1 - Crush & Come Back Home Not super into 2ne1 but these are good stages.

TVXQ - Spellbound Still amazing. Ever since Dice mentioned it I can't stop picturing the dancers as a new group.

SNSD - Back Hug & Mr Mr Boo, Yuri and Hyoyeon got their lines cut once again. Mr Mr was good though.

Winner and encore stage for those who are interested. Although the encore gets cut short which is annoying.

Dat Taengsic at the end.

No No Eul

Winner and encore stage for those who are interested. Although the encore gets cut short which is annoying.

Quite. The encore is always my favourite part.

Talking of which, it's been a while since I've seen Soshi crying following a win (although I think Sooyoung got a bit misty-eyed on M Countdown). I could well be wrong but I don't remember there being any tears at all during promotions for I Got a Boy. They just seemed to take everything in their stride.

Go Ara said:

Misstar / Sis A (sorry) said:

BESTie said:

Eldren

Llehuty you bastard! You got me all excited, I was like

i18xwYvOClFqI.gif

Should've seen that one coming. But it'll happen soon, it's been forshadowed for years now, at least as far back as Hoot:

iKFWwJcUSnD2P.gif

#SHY2014

ramyeon

EYK's personalities are annoying as it gets and the free ride they're getting in Korea is pretty ridiculous since they're pretty ignorant about a lot of things regarding the culture, and they pretend to be really good at the language but they're terrible despite being their for years lol. They're smart for capitalising on their channel though, and their actual taste in music is pretty good.

It is crazy how people worship them and treat them like celebrities though, ridiculous.

ramyeon

Here for Eat Your Ramyeon, with some nice weekly indie highlights.
I'm half serious.
Haha, unfortunately I'm hardly obnoxious enough to host a YouTube channel.

Like I said, they're smart to capitalise. Especially when they quit their jobs and asked their teenage fans to donate money for them to buy that studio in Hongdae for their glorified vlogs.

Simon D and Jay Park are now Co-CEO's of AOMG.

Awesome! Sucks for 2PM though... while they're stuck in JYP's dungeon, Jay's out there making big moves.

Hopefully the dudes push out a collab produced by Gray really soon, that might be one of the best releases for this year.

Haha, unfortunately I'm hardly obnoxious enough to host a YouTube channel.

Lol just start a K-Indie blog. I'd read it everyday if it happens, Asian Junkie has some K-Indie posts once in a while but it's not the meat of their content so you might be able to take over that niche.

ramyeon

Lol just start a K-Indie blog. I'd read it everyday if it happens, Asian Junkie has some K-Indie posts once in a while but it's not the meat of their content so you might be able to take over that niche.
Heh I do actually have an inactive blog and domain that I attempted to run during my exchange trip to Korea. I've been renewing the domain so I can start it up again when I go back later this year, mostly to do live gig photography/reviews and hopefully interviews etc depending on how much readership it draws.

Top Bottom