• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

neoism

215E7D3F5318848E24308B
isEw5t77mC3F3.jpg

i71tlly8hle8l.jpg
jbdSiKb7bxNvMm.jpg

iBzSCsmbJA9Hx.jpg
iusFTf3Aoxn3w.jpg

tumblr_n20lxi3aap1sewbc1o1_500.jpg
tumblr_n20mz2Noa41sewbc1o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n20mi0l7SR1sewbc1o1_500.jpg
tumblr_n20msoq9f41sewbc1o1_1280.jpg
i6rxDumySLuOV.gif

<3

Fafnir

le sigh, how boring. Don't even think that SONE fan chants will be able to save this snoozer.

TTS is the only hope for 2014.
aBS1r.gif

Eldren

I stayed up until 1:30am waiting for the hangout and then it got delayed for an extra half hour so I gave up and went to bed. Watching the video now though...I think I made the right choice. I thought it'd be like the ones AOA and Stellar etc did recently where they answer questions and stuff. Not just stand there for like 7 minutes.

Anyway, I really really didn't like that performance. I don't like short versions of songs so that was a mark against Wait A Minute straight away. Boring choreography (I felt like I'd seen half of it before in other songs), bland set, and they cut Yuri and Hyoyeon's lines (obviously that last one is subjective but I really like Wait A Minute and I wanted to hear them all sing their parts.)

Mr Mr was a mess. I'm so disappointed and angry about this whole era, it's just one thing after another. The choreography was awful. It felt like there was a lot of moving around to disguise the fact that nothing very interesting was happening, and the one bit that should have been interesting (and very easily could have been) was the dance break, which basically went nowhere. The part in the MV is still good but the bit after, where they were going in a circle, what was that? Part of it could be put down to the rubbish camera work throughout the whole performance, so we'll see if it comes across better on other shows, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why do they need backup dancers? The dancing line are basically already treated like backup dancers half the time, did the choreography really require more? It just made the stage look crowded. And what the hell was going on with that one guy dancing with Jessica and then rolling on the floor? That looked ridiculous. It's so frustrating seeing the brilliant choreography TVXQ got for Spellbound compared to Mr Mr.

Urgh ok I'm done. I'm tired (I'm not sure 4 and a half hours sleep is enough for me) and cranky and I'll probably retract a couple of these statements after seeing some more performances. I'm just frustrated because I suspect none of the members are happy with this whole mess but there's not much they can do about it. At least they all looked great.

I would let you do stuff to me said:

If SM makes a Sooyoung-Hyoyeon-Yuri subunit and they release an album this year with full promotion, I'll take back everything I said.

Yeah it was great but Seoulight is up there with my favourite albums of all time. Have a copy that I got signed in person at a live gig and treasure it lol.

I think it's great that she's experimenting though. It'll be great, I just hope there's a full length or at least an EP following up this single soon, the wait has been killing me.

As I recall she did promise on Twitter to release an album in 2014. But Twitter promises are made to be broken.

catmincer

I even as a 2NE1 fan thought they'd be crushed by GG but definitely not. Their album is better, their videos are better and I am thinking the live stages will be better.

SM obviously don't give a toss any more and they'll just throw them back to Japan again in a couple of weeks.

Peru

SNSD's opening week on GAON digital is actually the third strongest first week of the year, and they're even stronger w physicals. 2NE1 will beat that with next week's digital numbers though, but probably come far behind on album sales. Twenny deserve to win this duel but it's obvious SNSD still sells like gangbusters. Imagine what a more coherent campaign could do.

Sevarus

I really liked the choreography for Mr Mr, especially the part where they used the one guy as a prop and threw him around. Now, if the girls could get some damn energy into their performances, it would be a million times better. They need to remember why they do what they do for a living and feel some passion for their music. They honestly have too much talent (no, seriously) to be so lazy.

Taeyeon in that outfit though...
RVduqFi.gif

UsVLOUa.gif

She's rocking this look.

ramyeon

This is exactly the direction I wanted her to go in. It's so good, I've been listening to way more minimalist chillwave type stuff these days and it just fits her like a glove. Can't wait to hear more from her in this vein.

Also going to stay on repeat for me for the rest of the day most likely lol.

Biscuits

A bit late but yay new Nell! Album is great.

Man, Goddess Tae keeps bringing me back into the kpop fold. This needs to be Taeyeon OP waving gif 2.0, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-muW8zyaNc

Neon Bunny MV is out!

And the counter says 1 view as I watch it :p that's a first haha.

It's also brilliant as expected.

It's way more chill than anything else she's put out, very electronic and laid back. Loving it.
Wow, this has a surprisingly good beat. Seems like I didn't enjoy Seoulight as much as you guys did but this has me interested.

ramyeon

Kpop Gaf agrees with me about something? What is this madness!?

The single's out on iTunes next week so if you like it support her. I know I'll be double dipping as usual with Neon Bunny releases.

Edit: Co-produced by Demicat apparently, that explains the feel this has.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Kpop Gaf agrees with me about something? What is this madness!?

The single's out on iTunes next week so if you like it support her. I know I'll be double dipping as usual with Neon Bunny releases.
i bought happy ending and seoulight on itunes a long time ago. definitely gonna buy this new one coming out. might even get a physical copy this time.

ramyeon

Co-signing as well.

It's very vibey and full of feel, and y'all know how music like that is my shit lol.

Wait I thought the general consensus around here was Neon Bunny = awesome?

Is it really just a single though? :(

I want a mini not a single.
I'm just messing around lol. I know a few others here really dug her stuff.

Yeah just a digital single at this point. Leading up to another release most likely.

vanty

I just think it was funny as hell. I'm assuming he was waiting in line while yelling out? Would have been good to see him meeting her ahah.

Top Bottom