• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

giri

He was driving under influence. Though he didn't really drink that much (it wouldn't be considered DUI in the USA).

IIRC, some states in the USA have the highest 'DUI" limits in the world. So thats not really a fair comparison.

luso

DUI in percentages!?
in Portugal: 0,49g per liter, 0,19g for professionals (should be zero here) and to the ones with less than 3 years of license.
How much for Nikhun?

giri

If you really think someone who had a sip to many is the same as someone who drank a bottle of vodka, I don't know what to say.

Because there's no legitimate excuse?

0.05% allows you to have one drink an hour, on average.

Having had "one sip too many" versus "drank a bottle of vodka" is an infantile distinction. If you're close to the limit, you don't drive. You're already drunk. And should not be behind the wheel.

But what it does mean is that he didn't just have one glass of soju or something. Unless one glass is a 600ml glass, and he was drinking it straight.

Getting DUI's in large cities is even harder to excuse, because they have tons of cabs that you can catch instead.

To put this in some context, i'm a horrendous alcoholic. And I've never got a DUI. If i'm drinking, i don't drive. If i'm driving, i don't drink. It's really simple.

I know Korea as a society openly welcome drinking, and god bless them for it, but getting DUI's is really easy to avoid.

2San

Because there's no legitimate excuse?

0.05% allows you to have one drink an hour, on average.

Having had "one sip too many" versus "drank a bottle of vodka" is an infantile distinction. If you're close to the limit, you don't drive. You're already drunk. And should not be behind the wheel.

But what it does mean is that he didn't just have one glass of soju or something. Unless one glass is a 600ml glass, and he was drinking it straight.

Getting DUI's in large cities is even harder to excuse, because they have tons of cabs that you can catch instead.

To put this in some context, i'm a horrendous alcoholic. And I've never got a DUI. If i'm drinking, i don't drive. If i'm driving, i don't drink. It's really simple.

I know Korea as a society openly welcome drinking, and god bless them for it, but getting DUI's is really easy to avoid.
I never said he didn't make a mistake. However it's nothing to crucify a guy over for a prolonged period.

However I see nuance is lost on you, so I'll leave it at that.

giri

I never said he didn't make a mistake. However it's nothing to crucify a guy over for a prolonged period.

However I see nuance is lost on you, so I'll leave it at that.

You're the one trying to excuse it away. That is not nuance.

Didn't say anything about whether he should be crucified for it. Those are your words, not mine.

isuzu

i4po6q4.jpg

10/10 would get friendzoned by him

2San

Didn't say anything about whether he should be crucified for it. Those are your words, not mine.
Well if you read the thread. It started with that nobody forgives Nickhun for what he did. I thought it was relevant information, which is apparently lost on some people who have a more black and white world view.

You're the one trying to excuse it away. That is not nuance.
If you say so. Just so you know even the law doesn't treat all the DUI's the same either.

Hardly think that was ever a secret. There were always tons of fanny stans in here.

Yuri da best.

I just love how all the closet stans are now coming out of the closet now that Khun has Fany's fanny on lock.

Milkman, you never were in the closet lol. I think you, me, Sal, Ashlong, and maybe 2 other people were the only openly Fany stans in here. Everyone else was hiding away for some odd reason.

Pendulum

Pendulum

Promo for "2014 MBC Idol Dance Battle D-Style" with your hosts Shindong and Hyemi.

(unconfirmed?) contestants:

CONTESTANTS:
14 male idols | 13 female idols:
1. AOA - Chanmi
2. GLAM - Zinni
3. GI - OneKet
4. Skarf - Ferlyn
5. Z.HERA
6. Tahiti - Ari
7. Tiny-G - Mint
8. Wa$$up - Nari
9. EvoL - Say
10. Kiss&Cry - Bohye
11. Kim So Jung
12. Rania - Xia
13. Ladies’ Code - Ashley

1. WonderBoyz - Bak Chi Gi
2. C-CLOWN - Rome
3. ToppDogg - Xero
4. Boys Republic - SungJun
5. A-JAX - Seungjin
6. 100% - Rockhyun
7. Beat Win - SungHo
8. BIGSTAR - Feeldog
9. A-PRINCE - Siyoon
10. EXCITE - Beat
11. Jjun
12. Tasty - Daeryong
13. AA - WooSang
14. MYNAME - Seyong

Nugu city, but I am hoping that they go all out because of it.

dokish

Banned
So many hot women I never saw before, damn.

Regarding the DIU, at least in South Korea there is no excuse: you have an overwhelming number of taxis in Seoul. 24/7. Everywhere.

You arr famous, I think you can pay a taxi ride. Plus I assume the majority of those famous ones lives in the Gangnam suburbs and hang out in the expensive Gangnam bars and lounges. Taxi will not be expensive even if you live far.

Only reason someone will do this is to have sex. You cannot say to the taxi driver "drop ne near that whorehouse".

JKTrix

Spoiler: I ran out of time and didn't finish doing this. Sorry!
---------------------------------------

It's time for another edition of: This Day in K-Pop-GAF History.

---April 5, 2011 - SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|
TheKaeptain, a.k.a. CaptYamato starts the day off by starting wars, saying of T-Ara's Eunjung:
Damn...She is on Fanys level
You can see the immediate fallout (including fallen hero Salazar and our favourite red-named regular) if you click the quote, but I thought it was humorous that that's how that day started given current events.

Apparently there was some kind of Japanese Kara TV show that had just started?
URAKARA really does look incredibad. going to watch later

stop! Hamtime!
KQMaF.jpg
Some more fun screencaps of that followed.

Old pal Fafnir contributes to the Tiffany love-in with a semi-stealth 'ByunTaeyeon' megapost, check the link for the full display. I'll spare the full set in honour of some of you guys who still have open wounds.
Some Tiffany
ByunTaeyeon
pics for the Fany fans:
tY9lJ.jpg

Panda was very active that day, double-posting with a...colourful Secret pitching at a baseball game.
ahhhh to many Secret based baller pics, don't know which ones to post

how about all of them?
piWwq.jpg
Sorry, not posting all of them here. As usual, you can follow the link and see the rest. And then there was a brief Secret ranking war.
RIP Zinger

That's it for Apr. 5, 2011, at least for my timezone. Kind of great that all these image links still work, a lot of the YouTube videos from 2011 by comparison are dead, private, or copyright blocked. Now, on to:

---April 5, 2012 - K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels
As a side note, since it wasn't posted on the 5th, but the very top of the page that the Apr 5 posts start on is this.
Ash, this whole damn thread is a Fany-fest. I don't even know what else you like.
Things would have never changed.

This day in 2012 started off with the report of a tragic event.
Holy shit

M.I.B. cancels comeback for this week after two stylists killed in dorm fire

This isn't the first time that a dorm fire has happened. I remember FT Island had a fire break out at their dorm but thankfully no one was hurt.
Damn, this is horrible. My thoughts are with them.
Yikes.

Joy apparently also quit Rania on this day, I guess that's sad too.

CCM announced some 'extensive member changes' for T-Ara that day, I wonder what that ended up being. Hwayoung wasn't released until July that year, or something.
I'm trolling the comments:

My friend works for CCM, I KNOW THE ANNOUNCEMENT

Boram and Hwayoung are going to be replaced by 3 other members. You heard it here first!
Dice took this gorgeous Nana avatar following a typically amazing megapost by -feist-, and got orangecaramel pretty heated
iboihXmfJmOLVR.png

WTF dice, NO!

edit: DICE NO, HOW COULD YOU!!!!! THAT IS NOT RAINA OR LIZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
di-53HJ.gif

tubster88 posted pics of Jing, Suzy, and a horse (no, not Tiffany)
tumblr_m1zlzvriIX1qh6i0uo2_500.jpg

ramyeon got to see Kpop Star live

Yikes, unfortunately I'm out of time. There are actually a lot of posts on this day in 2012, I wonder what else happened that day. You can follow along in those links I posted, and for 2013, the first post for 'this day' last year was this insightful contribution from AgentChris.

Sorry for this half-assed result :(

OMG those Kara pictures are hilarious.

Btw Jiyoung wrote a letter to fans.

KARA-Jiyoung_1396750754_af_org.jpg

To fans.
Hello, it's Jiyoung. I think it's been a really long time since I wrote to you like this. I decided to pick my pen up because I wanted to relay my thoughts to you. You must have seen already in articles, but I have left for England on the 5th. I was a little scared to be by myself, so I came to England because my friend is here. I was always taken care of, and I was always with my members and staff, so I feel once again how precious the people around me were now that I'm alone. Maybe it's because I ran so busily, but I want to spend this time happily and fully. I'm going to have all kinds of experiences that I never had before, such as reading a lot, learning English, and traveling. I don't know when it will be, but I'll come back as a more mature adult. Please wait for me until that day comes without forgetting me! I'm going to do my best to give back the great love you have given me. I'll tell you how I am sometimes! I've worried you for a lot, and I'm really sorry about that. Anyway, don't worry about me anymore. I'm always energetic and healthy :) Everyone, be healthy and always happy! Please give me a lot of encouragement and support from now on as well. Thank you.
Jiyoung, from London

Top Bottom