• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Alta1r

Yoona is a giraffe

Wasn't me, Alt. $100 for the information.

ryan, I know where you live.

Lol @ the Jorah comment.

The people have spoken (63 in reallity). Less for the extra 3 questions.
Even a certain Evilore voted, but I'm not sure if was really him, lol

About the results, Taeyeon was certain to be 1st <3
Jessica the target of naughtiness but as a wife material, a total different story.
Sunny 3rd, take that haters. Also previous ranking was an anomaly. That green hair... Wife material.

PAST Results

SOSHI RANKING
Code:
1 Taeyeon	139
2 Jessica	261
3 Sunny		283
4 Yuri		294
5 Tiffany	305
6 Seohyun	314
7 Yoona		327
8 Sooyoung	410
9 Hyoyeon	463

Wife material
Code:
1 Taeyeon	19
2 Sunny		13
3 Seohyun	11
4 Yoona		5
5 Yuri		4
6 Tiffany	3
7 Sooyoung	2
8 Jessica	1
9 Hyoyeon	0

I would be a naughty boy/girl with
Code:
1 Jessica	12
1 Yuri		12
3 Sunny		10
3 Taeyeon	10
5 Tiffany	7
6 Seohyun	3
7 Hyoyeon	1
7 Sooyoun	1
7 Yoona		1
Fiendzoned:
Code:
1 Hyoyeon	16
2 Seohyun	8
2 Sunny		8
4 Yoona		7
5 Sooyoung	4
6 Jessica	3
7 Taeyeon	2
7 Tiffany	2
7 Yuri		2

Edit: fixed!

Yoona89.jpg

Soonkyu at 3?? luso, we're gonna need to see the numbers on this. Top 3 votes from you and Pend and the new guy and bottom 3 from the rest of us doesn't add up to a #3 finish. You just switched her with Yoong didn't you?

I'm not a huge Seobaby fan, but something about this gif..

tumblr_n4t7gtVopt1rd70f0o1_500.gif

Wortany

Soonkyu at 3?? luso, we're gonna need to see the numbers on this. Top 3 votes from you and Pend and the new guy and bottom 3 from the rest of us doesn't add up to a #3 finish. You just switched her with Yoong didn't you?

You shouldn't underestimate the amount of lurkers.

jMfPX.gif

Dogg448

No way do I see Taeyeon as best wife material that should go to Sunny she has that aura around her but the masses have spoken. Maybe next time she'll prove her worth to gaf.

Also lol Hyoyeon being friendzoned.

ev0

It's funny, to me Hyoyeon actually does seem like someone that'd be fun to hang out with, likes to have fun. But def not the kind of girl I would like to date.

Some Hyuna spam

HeOwgTu.jpg

smyaE0a.jpg

Cv9czEP.jpg

GXbIDVu.jpg

NewoRxz.jpg

pVBuNHO.jpg

ev0

Hyuna's looking better these days. Healthier? There was a time period where I didn't find her appealing at all.

Drunk Hyeoyeon's gotta be something. Maybe I find it amusing as I'm quite good at getting friendzoned by females heh.

Pendulum

The "Top 10 K-Pop Girl Groups You Need To Know" according to Billboard:

1. S.E.S.
2. Girls' Generation
3. Fin.K.L.
4. Wonder Girls
5. After School
6. 2NE1
7. Baby V.O.X.
8. Brown Eyed Girls
9. Jewelry
10. SISTAR

Fafnir

No way do I see Taeyeon as best wife material that should go to Sunny she has that aura around her but the masses have spoken. Maybe next time she'll prove her worth to gaf.

I'm a Goddess worshipper but there's no way she beats Sunny as best wife. The ones that voted did not do it objectively or has not watched Sunny be a boss in IY, Hello Baby, Dangerous Boys, Grandpas Over Flowers, and recently in Return of Superman.

TRjKOlA.gif

I'm a Goddess worshipper but there's no way she beats Sunny as best wife. The ones that voted did not do it objectively or has not watched Sunny be a boss in IY, Hello Baby, Dangerous Boys, Grandpas Over Flowers, and recently in Return of Superman.

TRjKOlA.gif

Exactly, i voted Sunny for Soshi Wife, she´s perfect as a wife and at the same time naughty material. lol I can see her as THE MILF of SNSD in a couple of years.

Tae &#9829;
taeyeon2.jpg

Pendulum

Queen Sojin ruling the airport

----

Wat.
It's official. Rania's logo will appear on the cars of the motor-racing team Formula1 Williams and also on the helmets of their pilots. In addition, Ben Stiller, Dani Clos and David Hasselhoff will show up Rania's second MV (September) which will be recorded in August. Their first comeback will be postponed until July.
10306083_854811051201093_2367610626703954919_n.jpg

llehuty

Two years ago, Gangnam Style.
Last year, Crayon Pop.
This year, the new korean sensation that's going viral, anime-trot.

lol, conspiracy theories. Alt, let Seung Gi take care of Yoona's ranking.

The voting minus names and comments

Available for a while.

Hmmm, only one person put Hyoyeon in the first position... I wonder who did that. :p

They must invest some serious time learning those choreos.

The "Top 10 K-Pop Girl Groups You Need To Know" according to Billboard:

1. S.E.S.
2. Girls' Generation
3. Fin.K.L.
4. Wonder Girls
5. After School
6. 2NE1
7. Baby V.O.X.
8. Brown Eyed Girls
9. Jewelry
10. SISTAR

WHERE IS KARA?
ibpZkd3LitbSP6.gif

Niks

It's official. Rania's logo will appear on the cars of the motor-racing team Formula1 Williams and also on the helmets of their pilots. In addition, Ben Stiller, Dani Clos and David Hasselhoff will show up Rania's second MV (September) which will be recorded in August. Their first comeback will be postponed until July.

A mix of things that dont mix.

That poll is rigged!

Taeyeon as wife material?

Might as well marry a mop instead.
It might not be able to sing but at least it can clean good.

Lol semi-kidding aside, maybe it's coz she's too damn secretive but I honestly don't see anything wife material outta her. The face and the voice? Sure, but that's it really.

I personally voted for Seobot as the best wife material out of the 9 but Sunny's on par with her as well. WGM was more than enough for me to be convinced that Seobot's got it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I agree, Taeyeon seems a bit... lost? Like she has to decide what to do with herself before she'd be set up for marriage. She would probably be a nice cuddle buddy but you gotta know where your lady is at with everything and she doesn't seem too good at that.

Seohyun... nah man, she is too driven, already married to her ambitions. I guess it would be cool to say such a person is your wife, but I don't see how that would go well on the daily between you two. In a similar manner, Fany would be driven, but not so much in the nobel prize winner way as the supermom kind of way. Just too many clear notions of what ought to be up front and center to handle what actually comes in a pleasant manner.

Sunny... her skills in pretty much everything and down to earth nature may make you think she'd make a great wife, and I'm sure in many ways she would, but make no mistake, that woman would own you. She'd be the boss and you wouldn't even be able to deny that it should be that way, too, because she'd just be that good at everything. If you want an unbalanced relationship where you are submissive, she would probably be able to be a solid wife for life.

But if you ask me, Sica would definitely be the best. I think the whole marriage thing is dumb in general. If you have to be married, it should probably be with someone who on the one hand likely knows in what ways it is dumb, but on the other hand understands what ways it is useful for certain purposes, and doesn't let you slack off on your ends just as she holds herself to a good standard. Someone likely not too nuts about establishing a family, but if you do, would be less into some idealistic view and more believing in letting her kids decide their way, as she did. Also, while able to handle life with poise, also holding plenty of desire and initiative to share some tenderness in the middle of all the business.

I'm telling you, Sica is definite wife material!

Dogg448

Sunny+SNSD+Girls+Generation+Uncontrollable+Laughter+GIF+%25283%2529.gif

Eh I don't see it but I could totally see her as being the one wearing the pants in the relationship. Which isn't a bad thing for some people but I couldn't do that.

I have a pretty assertive personality but I would let Sunny walk all over me like a doormat if she is like that.
I say that but I don't think I could even do that for Lee Soon-Kyu.

Dice

Sica knows herself, is confident and independent, but she seems to be a really tender-hearted girl more interested in mutuality, not someone who would be controlling. She just knows how to carry herself in society.

Sunny would be the boss but not in a way that is running over you. She would be very supportive in her strength with a sense of humor all along, eventually being a hilarious old woman. However, with all her strength she would be earning dominance.

Chuckie

I ranked her second this year, so it isn't my fault

No No Eul

More of Equal Best Jung:

The rest.

SOSHI RANKING

Thanks for the poll luso!

I made some charts:

ik9aVEWU987sW.jpg

iQsog4pVvuFdc.jpg

As a Williams fan and a K-pop fan, that is one of the weirder things I've ever seen. Best of luck to all involved though. Hope it works out for them.

Eunji & Naeun:

If you have to be married, it should probably be with someone who on the one hand likely knows in what ways it is dumb, but on the other hand understands what ways it is useful for certain purposes, and doesn't let you slack off on your ends just as she holds herself to a good standard. Someone likely not too nuts about establishing a family, but if you do, would be less into some idealistic view and more believing in letting her kids decide their way, as she did. Also, while able to handle life with poise, also holding plenty of desire and initiative to share some tenderness in the middle of all the business.

This statement is probably the realest statement I've ever heard regarding marriage. I share the same ideals and I'm glad that women are starting to think like this. A couple of years back it was always get married and raise a family. Those ideals are starting to turn around and becoming about getting married and finding happiness instead of following the standards set by baby boomers.

Also, Seobot's drive is to me at least, sexy af... that's exactly why I stan Fany, Ailee, and Eunji.

Eldren

I'm not a huge Seobaby fan, but something about this gif..

I'm not a new guy but I put Sunny in 2nd place. From the looks of it quite a few of us did. Glad she's finally getting the recognition she deserves!

And yeah that gif is super cute. She does the finger-guns all the time at concerts these days, I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner.

ibsNMJ6SG0R7mh.gif

Aw I missed these. Stupid work and time zones.

Hmmm, only one person put Hyoyeon in the first position... I wonder who did that. :p

iJYIhhMBm0MyM.gif

I made some charts:
iQsog4pVvuFdc.jpg

lmao that's pretty good! In terms of current positions, only two of those are right though...

in3oLhipHUfqI.gif

Alta1r

Hot damn. What's she been up to recently. Last I heard of was Troublemaker 2, which wasn't very good.

I agree, Taeyeon seems a bit... lost? Like she has to decide what to do with herself before she'd be set up for marriage. She would probably be a nice cuddle buddy but you gotta know where your lady is at with everything and she doesn't seem too good at that.

Seohyun... nah man, she is too driven, already married to her ambitions. I guess it would be cool to say such a person is your wife, but I don't see how that would go well on the daily between you two. In a similar manner, Fany would be driven, but not so much in the nobel prize winner way as the supermom kind of way. Just too many clear notions of what ought to be up front and center to handle what actually comes in a pleasant manner.

Sunny... her skills in pretty much everything and down to earth nature may make you think she'd make a great wife, and I'm sure in many ways she would, but make no mistake, that woman would own you. She'd be the boss and you wouldn't even be able to deny that it should be that way, too, because she'd just be that good at everything. If you want an unbalanced relationship where you are submissive, she would probably be able to be a solid wife for life.

But if you ask me, Sica would definitely be the best. I think the whole marriage thing is dumb in general. If you have to be married, it should probably be with someone who on the one hand likely knows in what ways it is dumb, but on the other hand understands what ways it is useful for certain purposes, and doesn't let you slack off on your ends just as she holds herself to a good standard. Someone likely not too nuts about establishing a family, but if you do, would be less into some idealistic view and more believing in letting her kids decide their way, as she did. Also, while able to handle life with poise, also holding plenty of desire and initiative to share some tenderness in the middle of all the business.

Naah man. Part of having a wife is being attracted to her. Soonkyu would make a great 40 year old mother of three when you're kind of over the sex and thinking about the kids' futures. But as a twenty-something year old? Plus your ears would start bleeding and you'd have to buy new glassware every time she ever got mad. Sica though, maybe... I voted Fany, but I totally blanked on Hyo. She's got a nice mix of sexiness, humor and down to earth charm. Yes, I'm serious.

I ranked her second this year, so it isn't my fault

2nd to last I hope. Have you seen her hands?? Like hams on little stumps.

tumblr_m20doe5B5U1qbalato1_500.gif

Alta1r

@_________@

lmao that's pretty good! In terms of current positions, only two of those are right though...

in3oLhipHUfqI.gif

The real question is, where did TaeSicYoong end up?

4minute had a comeback one month ago.
It's also not very good. Brave Bros latest crime.

Hmm. Not terrible, but not really feeling it either. The beginning made me want to listen to Change again though, lol. Speaking of Brave Bros, is Yejin just gone these days? Is Brave Girls just a thing of the past now?? TT

tumblr_n13l8iEpaf1qkiilno2_500.gif

Sevarus

I chose Sunny for wife material because she seems super relaxed and low key. I can see Taeyeon being really high maintenance (and maybe afraid of commitment) and getting worked up and mopey over every bump in the road, but Sunny is the type to roll with it.

Tiffany was also an option for me, because she seems to have a good head on her shoulders regarding her future and finances, etc., but our interests and personalities are such polar opposites that I think I could want to crawl into a hole and die after a few days of "LIKE OH MY GAWSH"

llehuty

Tiffany was also an option for me, because she seems to have a good head on her shoulders regarding her future and finances, etc., but our interests and personalities are such polar opposites that I think I could want to crawl into a hole and die after a few days of "LIKE OH MY GAWSH"

giphy.gif

ev0

I chose Sunny for wife material because she seems super relaxed and low key. I can see Taeyeon being really high maintenance (and maybe afraid of commitment) and getting worked up and mopey over every bump in the road, but Sunny is the type to roll with it.

I'm a Taeyeon lover and I didn't choose her as wife material either (although I wouldnt mind :p)

I'm not one for Astrology, but Taeyeon acts exactly like my best friend does. They even have the same birthday; seems to be strong Pisces traits. My best friend, she's totally afraid of commitment and totally gets mopey over stuff and needs to over analyze. And always spends tons of time alone even though she doesn't have to. I wouldn't say my friend is high maintenance, but it certainly appears that way to people who don't know her very well. She's just very guarded, picky, unsure what she wants with some things, despite being very popular and very good at being sociable.

Dice

Top Bottom