• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

All aboard!
PTMraTs.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought so but it seems the non-skinny Jisook - no complains.
Why do you think I didn't post her for a long time until now? It's not like she stopped posting selcas. Glad to see her looking more healthy again. Hopefully it isn't just something about the lens/angles.

llehuty

Wacky rookie group alert:

I posted this a while back:
Two years ago, Gangnam Style.
Last year, Crayon Pop.
This year, the new korean sensation that's going viral, anime-trot.

Well, rookies Pritz have anounced their official debut (via drighk youtube channel for some reason). Here some group and individuals fancams from the same channel:

Go girls! (Ari focused)
인류최대난제~오에오에~ (Ari focused)
Puyo (슈아 focused)
This one is terribad.

Pick your bias.

유나 said:

슈아 said:

아리 (Ari) said:
하나 said:

크랭크 (Crank) said:

Catchy songs, fun choreography and hilarious mascot on stage. Crayon Poop tried.

isuzu

#krisis2014

• Kris seeks contract nullification with SM
  • SM say it's all bullshit because they don't know anything about it
  • SM confirms and tells Kris to come back
  • Kris peaces out on instagram
  • Sina releases some health records and Kris probably suffers from myocarditis
  • Tao had a meltdown at the SM building while fans listen to it
  • Tao calls Kris a traitor (they're really, really close)
  • K-netz hate Kris
  • C-fans hate SM, Korea and start spreading false rumours of other members through search engines
  • C-fans and media are mad as fuck and are hellbent on destroying Exo's image in China
  • C-fans start attacking the other 3 chinese members on weibo because they sided with SM
  • Lay's mom gets involved in the weibo shitstorm
  • Lay also gets pissed off, leaving everyone even more scared because it's Lay
  • K-netz attack Kris' instagram
  • Butthurt fans say the next victims will be Xiumin and Luhan. Stuff about them will be leaked on monday

AhuZG4y.gif

#krisis2014

I don't keep up with EXO at all, but this has to be a joke... right? This sounds like the dream drama for every fanboy/girl out there.

Anyway, just finished RM 195 and all I can say is LOOOL. The results were kind of a given, no surprise there whatsoever. But it was a great episode nonetheless... YJS commentating over it just confirms my theory... that there should be a play by play and color commentary for future name tag battles haha.

Also, I might have mentioned this before... but that female PD is hella kyoote. Caught my eye everytime she got on screen lol.

14.05.19 [Preview] 팬텀(Phantom) 1st Full-Length Album [PHANTOM POWER]

* Track List
1. Future Wife
2. Baby Please
3. Seoul Lonely (feat.Gain)
4. Hang Up (feat.San E, TAEWAN) (Hanhae Solo)
5. NEW ERA (feat.NAVI)
6. "Under Age's Song (feat.Whee In of MAMAMOO) (Kiggen Solo)"
7. Come as you are (With Verbal Jint)
8. June Is Here (Sanchez Solo)
9. I Already Know
10. Seoul Lonley (Inst.)
11. PHANTOM POWER
12. Discord

Whee In hype.
___

This thread has needed, and always will need more pictures of Lee Min Jung.

#krisis2014

• Kris seeks contract nullification with SM
  • SM say it's all bullshit because they don't know anything about it
  • SM confirms and tells Kris to come back
  • Kris peaces out on instagram
  • Sina releases some health records and Kris probably suffers from myocarditis
  • Tao had a meltdown at the SM building while fans listen to it
  • Tao calls Kris a traitor (they're really, really close)
  • K-netz hate Kris
  • C-fans hate SM, Korea and start spreading false rumours of other members through search engines
  • C-fans and media are mad as fuck and are hellbent on destroying Exo's image in China
  • C-fans start attacking the other 3 chinese members on weibo because they sided with SM
  • Lay's mom gets involved in the weibo shitstorm
  • Lay also gets pissed off, leaving everyone even more scared because it's Lay
  • K-netz attack Kris' instagram
  • Butthurt fans say the next victims will be Xiumin and Luhan. Stuff about them will be leaked on monday

You might want to add this to the drama timeline.

Kris fans released the members' phone numbers among themselves and called the members to harass them. Below is a call to Tao.
Tao: Can you stop calling me? Ok?
Fan: /Silence/
Tao: If you call, talk!
Fan: Watch what you say.
Tao: What?
Fan: Don't go overboard with what you say okay.
Tao: What does it have to do with you?
Fan: What did you say?
Tao: What does it have to do with you?
Luhan: /Cuts in/ Just don't call anymore, thank you.
*Hangs up*
Audio download

Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1q2c0

broz0rs

So how does EXO function as a group? I read on Wikipedia that they are two sub-units, EXO-K and EXO-M. Do they ever promote and perform together or are they completely separate like 2PM and 2AM?

If they function separately, I don't get why Korean fans are going ape shit over losing one Chinese EXO member.

Ym1r

So how does EXO function as a group? I read on Wikipedia that they are two sub-units, EXO-K and EXO-M. Do they ever promote and perform together or are they completely separate like 2PM and 2AM?

If they function separately, I don't get why Korean fans are going ape shit over losing one Chinese EXO member.

I enjoy their music a lot, so I know a little. I don't know specifically but from what I've seen they come together frequently to perform together. They do perform separately a lot though.

I think the biggest reason why people are going insane is because their slogan is "WE ARE ONE" and Kris leaving is kind of ruining the entire point of that line. It removes a sense of togetherness, and leaves a shattered image. It kind of makes people question if there is a family dynamic in the group or if it's strictly business for the two years they've been together.

I'll add that personally, I'm on SM's side on this. Kris leaving is kind of a douchey move, especially considering he was the leader of EXO-M. I think hes using the health issues and mistreatment as a front so he can go to china and act, or he just wants to quit, go back home, and stay quiet the rest of his life. But with the Chinese media mostly pointing fingers at SM, I'd say Kris has a big chance to make it if he plays it out right.

luso

Isuzu can answer better.
EXO is a group but with already defined 2 super sub-groups since the start, SM by doing this is smart, from the business point of view, since each group can promote at different places (China is main target) while always using EXO brand.

About reasons for Kris to leave, is not very clear yet, health issues could be one, unlikely, but here I don't know how things work legally (it would have to be a life threatened situation). If other reasons is just leaving and live a quiet life or try his change in China, that's a bad move.

Tayeon in a Urban Zakapa concert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO3O0pkGXE

tumblr_n5rcidLIDe1sewbc1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5qxohHQR51sewbc1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5qwwnzWrl1sewbc1o1_500.jpg

broz0rs

Thanks GAF

I viewed some of EXO's videos on the SM YouTube channel. They mostly perform as the two sub groups, but a few mv's have the twelve member EXO performing together, e.g. WOLF mv. Their music is pretty catchy! I'm surprised that a 23 year old who's on the verge of super stardom is calling it quits with his group, considering EXO is supposed to carry SM for the rest of the decade.

lol I thought she was watching it with a regular audience when I saw it on Instagram. She looks like she has VIP privileges and is far removed from the audience.

Eldren

The whole Exo situation is so messy. I feel sorry for the other Exo-M members if it's true he didn't tell them in advance he was planning on leaving. Now they're left in the lurch and it's going to completely ruin their promotions. I'm sure they'll survive but for now it's going to be rough.

10326573_275239609324810_2108909225_n.jpg

Looks like my Daddy's belly Lol

Clearly she's getting help with these English captions, although I think she did say she was practising more.

llehuty

And now we know how this thread would be without the quote function.

luso pls, all the mouse wheels in the world are crying right now.

Pendulum

I know not many people watch WGM (am I the only one?), and probably even less watching the Global version, but Eunji turning up to Key's wedding was funny.

Edit:
HuZjwNf.png

Oh, you've heard the rumours?

R9ItX68.png

SM, please give bored f(x) a comeback.

isuzu

I'd say Kris has a big chance to make it if he plays it out right.

He's not going to make it because the big ones who are backing him in China have no interest in Kris whatsoever. They want only an excuse to burn bridges with Baidu and SM and Kris is just a pawn. Everyone is going to lose in the end, especially the rest of chinaline.

Ym1r

He's not going to make it because the big ones who are backing him in China have no interest in Kris whatsoever. They want only an excuse to burn bridges with Baidu and SM and Kris is just a pawn. Everyone is going to lose in the end, especially the rest of chinaline.

Makes sense, I guess he doesn't really have a specific talent to be useful to anybody after ruining SM.

Bwahahaha, so y'all know that Korean baseball player Shin Soo Choo now plays for the Texas Rangers right?

I was tuning in a little bit to watch the pre-game stuff and they just had a story over the Korean language broadcasting team that calls the games and guess what song they we're playing...

Mr.Chu by A-Pinkeu.

I almost died laughing when I realized what song they were playing lol.

giri

Bwahahaha, so y'all know that Korean baseball player Shin Soo Choo now plays for the Texas Rangers right?

I was tuning in a little bit to watch the pre-game stuff and they just had a story over the Korean language broadcasting team that calls the games and guess what song they we're playing...

Mr.Chu by A-Pinkeu.

I almost died laughing when I realized what song they were playing lol.

I'd die of embarrassment if i recognised that song too.

ramyeon

IU's new studio video for 너의 의미 is fantastic, one of my favourite tracks from her remake album.

Phantom's new song 오늘따라 (Seoul Lonely) gives me mixed feelings. I saw these guys live before their debut a few times since they were tied at the hip with Verbal Jint. They had much more personality back then and their songs were pretty great, most of them wouldn't get past the censors though. They seem to have gone for a much more easy to swallow image after their debut though. Nothing has been as good as 얼굴 뚫어지겠다 (Hole In Your Face) though, only song post-debut that really hooked me.

Urban Zakapa's new single Like a Bird is nice.

These days I've been listening to a bit of The Solutions' new album MOVEMENTS, pretty fun dance rock although a lot of the songs on the record are similar to a fault.

Standing Egg's new mini is a great pick me up for me, the lyrics are really uplifting and the MV for 그래 너 (Yes, You) is nothing short of adorable.

Top Bottom