• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

luso

Lol those comments. But they're netizens, remember.

tumblr_n5tcv6Pjlt1sewbc1o1_1280.jpg

Taeyeon said:
My remaining wisdom teeth have been removed. I have no wisdom teeth now, goodbye farewell wisdom teeth. All those times, it has been fu-... fun, not really but still thank you for filling up that space…

tumblr_n5suqgmweE1sewbc1o1_1280.jpg

llehuty

Rookie alert: 베리굿 Berry Good - 러브레터 Love Letter (Teaser) Who comes up with this ridiculous group names?

[Lyric Video] Perfume 「Hold Your Hand」 (short ver.)
Nice, I can post again!

IU's new studio video for 너의 의미 is fantastic, one of my favourite tracks from her remake album.

Phantom's new song 오늘따라 (Seoul Lonely) gives me mixed feelings. I saw these guys live before their debut a few times since they were tied at the hip with Verbal Jint. They had much more personality back then and their songs were pretty great, most of them wouldn't get past the censors though. They seem to have gone for a much more easy to swallow image after their debut though. Nothing has been as good as 얼굴 뚫어지겠다 (Hole In Your Face) though, only song post-debut that really hooked me.

Urban Zakapa's new single Like a Bird is nice.

These days I've been listening to a bit of The Solutions' new album MOVEMENTS, pretty fun dance rock although a lot of the songs on the record are similar to a fault.

Standing Egg's new mini is a great pick me up for me, the lyrics are really uplifting and the MV for 그래 너 (Yes, You) is nothing short of adorable.
Welcome back! This types of posts with inde goodness were missed. Didn't knew about The Solutions. I like what I heard.

Loci

Phantom Power is alright. I really like Seoul Lonely. Gain fits really well with that song.
There are some other good tracks on the album, too. But all in all rather unspectacular.

And then there's 불협화음. That Nujabes tune, holy shit.

I hope they focus on Mamamoo's debut now. It's about time.

giri

I think everyone is missing the main point with phantom - seoul lonely.

Hyejong from AoA is the hottie in the vid.

That's the most important thing to remember.

Pendulum

KARA PROJECT - BABY KARA NO.7 - Yoo Ji

Nicole and Jiyoung are irreplaceable, and for some reason they appear to be auditioning for A Pink...

vidkqk_on_01.png
kekeid_on_02.png
qqkdiv_on_03.png
pcivke_on_04.png
ciekge_on_05.png
iikekc_on_06.png
qivjef_on_07.png

...but if someone is going to be added, my vote is for Jiyoung 2.0 (Young Ji, 3rd above) or Hara 2.0 (So Min, 5th above). The last two can go play in a sandpit.

----

Edit:
Bn7mpREIUAEr_zH.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When they have them dress up in old Kara outfits and play the Kara songs, that is when it really strikes you how wrong it is. That, and also when you put their pics in with the others as seen above, but that is a lesser issue.

Honestly, they need to leave all those songs in the past and just let those belong to the 5. Start a new era, just like they never did stuff from the first album when they switched Sunghee out for Hara and Jing.

llehuty

I'm with Pendulum, 3 and 5 would be my picks. Anyway, if this new lineup is going to force Hara, Hammie and Gyuri back into cute concepts in korean promotions I'm going to rage. Hopefully DSP learned from Rainbow's last year mess.

For the first quarter of 2014, YG Entertainment posted record-high operating profit of 8.3 billion won (+31.5% from last year) on revenue of 43.9 billion won (+47.1%).

First quarter royalty income doubled to 22 billion won, as the majority of revenue from Big Bang’s 2013 Japanese dome tour (600,000 attendees) was recognized in the quarter.

Big Bang is also set to release a new full-length album, possibly in fourth quarter of the year.

In addition, YG Entertainment is likely to unveil a new girl group (the first since 2NE1’s 2009 debut), and reveal its plans for the winners of the reality program WIN: Who is Next by the end of the year.

Let the delays begin. At least the sun will rise.

Eldren

Nice to have you back, Ramyeon!

Yikes at those Baby Kara ages. Not cool.

Yuri enjoying a break said:

I want to sit in a park and enjoy an ice cream with Yuri.

Hyoyeon's adventures around Europe said:
926462_239139542948645_1487364243_n.jpg

#leclaireur

L'Eclaireur is stupidly expensive, like a thousand euros for a dress. Fingers crossed they offer her a photoshoot! (Never gonna happen.)

Sooyoung for The Celebrity magazine said:

Need these in HQ.

luso

In order of appearance:
Sojin (1992) Shiyoon (1996) Youngji (1994) Chaekyung (1996) Somin (1996) Chaewon (1997) Yooji (1998).

W.T.F. Baby Kara indeed. DSP testing how pedo is their fan base?

Fuuuu...

Why!?

Gyuri is 1988...

Probably a future concept will related to who "wins", image if those two youngsters winning, probably will be closer to Pretty Girl than to Lupin... but this is DSP.

Edit: Yuri pics, beaten

Finally SM understood this time. 3rd Japan tour concerts has more time between jigs, and this makes both parts happy, girls with some spare time and for SM the possibility of parallel activities if needed between the concerts.

Pendulum

Running Man 196 -
Lolols OP. The episode wasn't as good as I hoped. Too much exposition and any interesting strategy was out the window as the cast knew what kind of things to expect.

Pendulum

Duble Sidekick originally wrote Girl's Day's "Something" for Hyorin's solo, and 1분 1초 sounds like it could have been meant for SISTAR as well. I actually think 1분 1초 is the best song on the mini, but it lays flat and doesn't build to anything (and my expectations were high). Sorry bb. I was hoping for something on the mini that would be dancier and uptempo, more closer to the sub-genre of Hyosung's mini songs, but I would wager that's the type of sound that Hyomin will be using for her solo.

Loci

Give it another listen.
I expected something different, too. The teaser indicated a way more fierce and sharp concept.

But the song is nice. I really like it now.
Other two tracks are forgettable, though.

ramyeon

98917533ogug1.png

Last year I posted about Oh Hee Jung a few times in here but I'm not sure if anyone went to give her a listen. I'm back pimping her again because her first EP "Everybody Here Wants You Back" was amazing, without a doubt my favourite release of 2013 and her new EP 표류기 (Set Adrift) which was released a couple of days ago is set to be my favourite release of 2014.

She was the vocalist of indie band Beautiful Days and since then has been strictly solo, with her first EP being funded by crowd sourcing and recorded in her home studio, she is definitely an artist worth supporting. I have been hard pressed to find any artist doing anything really exactly similar to her in Korea at the moment.

The music is very chill. It's low-key, sometimes being almost ambient and always dreamlike. A few tracks on her new mini go for a more complex and layered approach, with some acoustics thrown in there as well. It's just really, really quality electronic pop.

No music videos, but both EPs can be streamed in their entirety from her Bandcamp page and purchased there, which if you enjoy them you should definitely do! It made my heart sink when I saw her new EP being shared on file sharing sites since she definitely deserves, and probably needs, the support of sales.

Anyway, enough ranting, check out her Bandcamp.

https://ohheejung.bandcamp.com

Pendulum

10 mins early! Is this really CCM?

Ah, that editing. Hello CCM.

Looks like the teasers (video and pics) showed pretty much all the dance parts before. Likely there's a dance version somewhere which I look forward to.

I enjoyed it.

Peru

Congrats to Bae Doona on her new Cannes film getting good reviews (seems pretty great, first feature director and produced by Lee Chang-Dong) and dating that Sturgess

In the midst of continuous rumors about her relationship with Jim Sturgess, Bae Doona has confirmed that she is indeed dating the British actor. During an interview for her movie, she said, “My former manager was the one that denied the previous rumors. Jim Sturgess is my boyfriend.”

123.jpg

Pendulum

Confirmed lineup for the Dream Concert on June 7 (the one in Seoul, not the cancelled/postponed one in Bangkok):
The confirmed lineup now includes Girls' Generation, EXO, B2ST, 4minute, B1A4, A Pink, Girl's Day, T-ara, ZE:A, VIXX, U-KISS, BTOB, Rainbow, Block B, Boys Republic, Dal Shabet, Topp Dogg, F.CUZ, SPEED, GOT7, Tiny-G, LU:KUS, Lip Service, BESTie, Say Yes, SoReal, C-CLOWN, N-SONIC, M.Pire, OFFROAD, Jjun, HALO, and YB.

Top Bottom