• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Cuddler

2BiC updates:

Instead of "Love Game" they promoted a song called "Unforgettable", a great ballad that features a pianist called Yoonhan(윤한).

2BiC - Unforgettable, 투빅 - 언포게터블, Show Champion 20140514
Simply K-Pop - Ep111C03 2BiC - Unforgettable / 심플리케이팝, 투빅
[Sound K] 투빅 (2BiC) - Unforgettable
투빅(2BiC) - 'Unforgettable' (2nd Mini album record)

2BiC singed live with lalasweet during a MBC Music show called Picnic live:

2BiC with lalasweet on MBC Music Picnic live

2BiC Jun Hyung singed with lalasweet the song 편지 by 김광진 and 2BiC Ji Hwan singed with them the song 썸(Some) by 소유(SoYou) and 정기고(JunggiGo). Both of them are really awesome, must listen!

The crowd seems so different in these videos. Being around the stadium since early in the afternoon, it felt like the audience was made up of about 95% (pre)pubescent girls.

14352072056_39c8e7f460_c.jpg

The crowd was so loud for Exo, it didn't seem the same for SNSD. It probably didn't help that I was screaming my head off, though. ^^'

I underestimated how long the concert was going to be, and unfortunately my camera was on its last legs towards the last half/third. I figured there'd be heaps of footage elsewhere, but I've realised that I don't really know where to find it. I don't usually come here, but I just wanted to ask you guys: Where's the best (easiest) place to find media from this year's Dream Concert?

Girl's Day and 4Minute (and maybe A Pink) were the groups I remember where the crowd managed to cut through the music blaring from the front and reach us with some sort of comprehensibility.

A bit of Something from where I was sitting:
http://youtu.be/JuMJQcX7s9g

It was a bit off-putting with the delay, I must say. Hearing the crowd in the vids linked above, it makes me think I would have had an entirely different experience in the fan blocks.

Hello everyone! I'm new to GAF in general and this is the first time posting in this topic :3

I'll leave some fancams of the Dream Concert here:
Taeyeon focus - Hoot - Mr. Mr.
BESTie - Thank you very much
T-ARA(Hyomin focus) - 9
GsD (Minah focus) - Something - Expectation
EXO - Overdose - Growl
Welcome!! You guys forgot to write 2BiC in your favorite artists list, I don't know if you guys know but liking 2BiC is a requirement to be accepted as a K-Pop Gaffer and soon it will be a requirements to become a member of NeoGAF.*

Here are some videos so you can experience the awesomeness:

[MV] 2BiC(투빅) _ Love Game(요즘 바쁜가봐)
투빅(2BiC) - Let it go ('Frozen' OST cover)
[MV] 2Bic(투빅)_Bye Bye Love

This requirement may or may not be true, lol.
Hello, welcome to the thread!

i'm Chesskid1, i'm one of the sunbaes of kpopgaf.

my favorite groups are snsd and exo, or as i like to say, i'm guided by the nine angels and protected by the 12 wolves. clever, right?

what are your favorite groups?
lol

Eldren

My first kpop crush was Sunye, which I've had to give up, obviously, but I think I have a soft spot for leaders when it comes to specific idols. My bias list (I'm not sure I'm using this term correctly) includes: Taeyeon, Seungyeon, Jaekyung, Eunjung, Hyosung, Yura, and even though I find her ridiculously skinny, Nana.

This kind of looks like klogg's list. We should introduce you.

I haven't really thought about it, but on the spot, my SNSD ranking goes:
1. Taeyeon
2. Sunny
3. Jessica
4. Yoona
5. Yuri
6. Hyoyeon
7. Seohyun
8. Tiffany
9. Sooyoung

I consider 6th place a grand victory around these parts. Nice to have some new faces in here!

-----

Happy birthday llehuty! Here's some celebratory Sungah <3

The crowd seems so different in these videos. Being around the stadium since early in the afternoon, it felt like the audience was made up of about 95% (pre)pubescent girls.

That's actually one of two things I wanted to ask about as a k-media newbie.

1. Whats up with the audiences. When I see the "backstage" views from pre-recorded performances the placed audiences always seem like they are just local kids from a near by elementary/middle school. I know idols are popular for kids that age but... its a sharp contrast between the weirdly conservative media for stuff like showing bikinis, to preforming these sexy songs/stage performances... when literally more than 80% of the audience is like 12 with their parents. The one that got me was I think After School's First Love, with stripper poles.... and like the audience was 12 year old girls lol. Just seems like the messaging is all over the place. I know there is plenty of fans if not a majority of their fans that are a similar age as whoever they follow, but I can't help but notice it.

2. What is the "Comeback" system. I assumed it was for groups that have been around but not active for awhile, then I noticed some of these were doing comebacks after only being active for what I consider a short time.

ramyeon

That's actually one of two things I wanted to ask about as a k-media newbie.

1. Whats up with the audiences. When I see the "backstage" views from pre-recorded performances the placed audiences always seem like they are just local kids from a near by elementary/middle school. I know idols are popular for kids that age but... its a sharp contrast between the weirdly conservative media for stuff like showing bikinis, to preforming these sexy songs/stage performances... when literally more than 80% of the audience is like 12 with their parents. The one that got me was I think After School's First Love, with stripper poles.... and like the audience was 12 year old girls lol. Just seems like the messaging is all over the place. I know there is plenty of fans if not a majority of their fans that are a similar age as whoever they follow, but I can't help but notice it.

2. What is the "Comeback" system. I assumed it was for groups that have been around but not active for awhile, then I noticed some of these were doing comebacks after only being active for what I consider a short time.
Most hardcore idol group fans are teenagers and female, yes. Most of my Korean friends over the age of 20 don't really give a damn about mainstream idol groups and couldn't even name any of the recent ones. Males even less so, they only care about the hot girls.

It's not really a system, it's just a Konglish word used when groups or artists promote a new release. It's not a comeback if it's a follow up promotion from the same release, that's all.

------

New Thornapple MV for the album coming tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

http://youtu.be/U6IuopxXHyg

Fafnir

Episode 2 of J&K. Day 2 of the sisters laying around and eating with Sica torturing Krys with her feet. Guest Fany explains the drinking age in ahjumma engrish.

LEJq130.gif
I9RrF26.gif

FxxMnbJ.gif
zboVzp1.gif

63I3t1b.gif
EVGO7oR.gif

KoHwVQY.gif
98fnNZj.gif

4hEBo3U.gif

isuzu

let's do this

b1a4

Jinyoung
Sandeul
CNU
Gongchan
Baro

BTS

Suga
Jeongguk
J-Hope
V
Jimin
Jin
Rap Monster

Block B

Taeil
U-Kwon
P.O
Zico
Jaehyo
B-Bomb
Kyung

BtoB

Changseob
Sungjae
Minhyuk
Ilhoon
Peniel
Hyunsik
Eunkwang

EXO

Xiumin
D.O
Chen
Lu Han
Sehun
Lay
Tao
Kai
Suho
Baekhyun
Chanyeol

Inpiniteu

Hoya
Woohyun
Dongwoo
Sungyeol
Sunggyu
Myungsoo
Sungjong

Shinee

Key
Jonghyun
Onew
Taemin
Minho

VIXX

Leo
Hongbin
Ravi
N
Hyuk
Ken

Winner

Taehyun
Seunghoon
Jinwoo
Seungyoon
Mino

Tintap

Niel
C.A.P
Chunji
L.Joe
Ricky
Changjo

Fafnir

I'd switch up Sica with Yoona and it would be my bias list.

TozjW4L.gif

1 Taeyeon
2 Sunny
3 Tiffany
3 Seohyun
5 Sooyoung
5 Yuri
7 Jessica
7 Yoona
7 Hyoyeon

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For me, Tae, Sica, Sunny and Fany are so close right now that picking between them would basically come down to whoever got the most sleep or did their hair best or something stupid like that. There is no real ranking between them as each one has strengths and weaknesses that balance out. The most surprising thing about that is Fany getting on my good side again. Why? She didn't change at all. Anyway, then you got Yoona and Seohyun pretty even in a lesser appeal, then Sooyoung and Yuri don't really catch interest, and just no to Hyoyeon as always.

Peru

I haven't watched talk shows, variety shows, idol shows, Running Man for months and months and yet I'd probably watch this Krystal and Jessica thing every day. I mean nothing happens but maybe that's what I need.

roaSone

This bias ranking is pretty accurate! Cause it's actually what it is, Jessica went up to equal with my SunTaeNy recently.

1 Sunny
1 Taeyeon
1 Jessica
1 Tiffany
5 Yoona
6 Yuri
7 Sooyoung
8 Hyoyeon
8 Seohyun

Pendulum

And rankings again!?

Backed up by scientific data this time.

----

It took me a sec
Sohyun

----

Edit:
Kris and SM Entertainment are reported to enter into mediation, opening up a last chance to reach a mutual agreement before they take on a legal battle.

According to media outlets, on the 11th, the Seoul Central District Court referred the case to mediation to encourage the two parties to communicate. This will likely be the last chance that the two sides may be able to work things out with one another before they enter into their formal legal battle.

This news has left fans wondering if a compromise could come about between Kris and SM Entertainment. If the two come to an agreement, then this situation could be wrapped up sooner than expected. However, if the two parties are unable to reach an agreement, then they will head into trials.

llehuty

Based eldren and feist for their Sungah spam birthday presents.

Also

1 Sungah
2 Sera
3 Kyungli
4 Hyuna
5 Erin
6 Hyemi
7 Sam
7 Eunji
7 Minha

So accurate.

Shizuka

Rank Member

1 Yuri
2 Sooyoung
2 Hyoyeon
4 Sunny
4 Taeyeon
4 Yoona
7 Jessica
7 Tiffany
7 Seohyun

I wasn't given the option to rate Hyoyeon higher, she's my #1.

Eldren

Llehuty m8, what did you do for your birthday?

-----

This is very scientific therefore it must be precise and accurate.

1. Hyoyeon
2. Sunny
2. Sooyoung
2. Yuri
2. Seohyun
6. Taeyeon
6. Jessica
6. Yoona
6. Tiffany

A little overly-broad perhaps but accurate enough. I do split my ranking into three tiers like this because there's a lot of movement within those tiers.

1. Hyuna
2. Sungah
3. Erin
4. Sera
4. Kyungli
6. Sam
7. Hyemi
8. Eunji
8. Minha

No arguments here.

Rank Member

1 Yuri
2 Sooyoung
2 Hyoyeon
4 Sunny
4 Taeyeon
4 Yoona
7 Jessica
7 Tiffany
7 Seohyun

I wasn't given the option to rate Hyoyeon higher, she's my #1.

Please post here more often! I need more people to join #TeamHyo, I'm sick of being outnumbered by these HEATHENS. If only other people had such flaw-free taste

tumblr_n70bdxWmII1r61yvqo1_250.gif

1. Tiffany
1. Yuri
1. Seohyun
4. Sunny
4. Jessica
6. Hyoyeon
7. Taeyeon
7. Sooyoung
9. Yoona

It actually got my groupings right! 1-5 definitely is their own group 6-9 is another, that's amazing lol.

Also that Fanny profile pic... welp. I'll be in my bunk.

neoism

Please post here more often! I need more people to join #TeamHyo, I'm sick of being outnumbered by these HEATHENS. If only other people had such flaw-free taste

I do :p

1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon
1. Taeyeon

Eldren

New Mamamoo hype teaser, this time with Bumkey and Rhymer.

Only one week left for debut!!

Mamamoo hype indeed, can't wait for that.

Not much :'(
I need to end some stupid projects soon so i can properlu celebrate it and enjoy the summer.

Aw that sucks :( at least this term is nearly finished though, not long left. You can do it!

1 Erin
2 Sera
2 Kyungli
2 Hyemi
2 Sungah
2 Hyuna
7 Eunji
7 Minha
99 Sam

99 Muses, too many members for me.

Top Bottom