• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Eldren

The Red Light MV is fantastic, definitely one of the most visually interesting things SM has done in a long time. The song itself is...odd, but it's already really grown on me. Can't wait to hear the rest of the tracks.

Clazziquai hype.

Some of those survey questions were hilarious, nice work No No Eul. I think I screwed it up though, I wrote-in Hyoyeon for basically every answer? Oops. Thanks for putting it together though, surveys like this are always fun. Curious to see how everyone else voted, especially which singles you all picked.

llehuty

If any brave bros production reaches the top 3 singles, I'm going to punch all of you in the face.
I'll let miniskirt slide, but that's it.

Kuno

I watched the Red Light MV once and I'm not so sure about it. I love their look, but the song... maybe it's a grower. I'm ready for the full album now, please.

This is some Japanese stuff, but have any of you guys heard of FEMM (Far East Mention Mannequins)? They're a new group that sings all in English and has "tracks produced by a handful of the most prominent producers behind A-list popstars such as Beyonce, Deadmau5 and Lady Gaga" (Brian Lee is one)

pvvh6Oa.jpg

The first song of theirs I heard was "Fxxk Boyz Get Money" which is pretty awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNtuAvGvRo8

They have a bunch more music videos on their YouTube channel. Check out this "movie trailer" from last year teasing their debut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWFvmNTHTP0

neoism

Didn't people figure out the T/S YG/SM blind item rumor was Taehyun from Winner and Krystal? They went to high school together and had a few other connections as well. Also Bomi and Chorong with Chen and Suho respectively.

Oh yes
i1DkQIz.jpg

damn :O so hot... shame about the single MV terribad song :/

Kabuto

I wouldn't say it's a crap song. Might be a grower imo.

All the other songs on the album sounded much better from the previews though.

Edit: Posting for new page.

f(x) - Red Light MV

yeah I didn't like it when I first heard it yesterday but after listening to it for a day, it's so goood. After 2:45 is just
id7SxisaLTugn.png

One problem is their voices, so low compared with the instrumentals, they sound muffled.

Performances

Red Light
Milk

Both performances better quality

Cute Tiffany taking off the jacket
http://youtu.be/sA8-9CNvoDk?t=28m34s

Milk
id7SxisaLTugn.png

I FOUND MY THREAD!

I was happily looking trough all the gifs - thank you guys, you made my day.

Here's my contribution from what I found today.
Scarlet - Hip Song

Hi! Welcome to the thread!

Jose I know you're gonna love this post hahah

Koriandrr

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

So what are the opinions here about IU? I personally love her in K-dramas and absolutely love her style and look, but not that much her music, sadly :(

I still think she's uber cute though:
tumblr_n81np0C2Up1rlzlwyo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n77hw7jkef1rlzlwyo2_1280.jpg

Slowdive

Banned
New Clazziquai is really good.

So what are the opinions here about IU? I personally love her in K-dramas and absolutely love her style and look, but not that much her music, sadly :(

Welcome!

I love her, she just keeps getting better imo, Modern Times was one of my favourite albums of last year.

ramyeon

One of the best solo artists, if not the best, to come out of Korea in a long time. Genuinely talented, really humble and she's beautiful as well which is a plus. As Slowdive said, she keeps getting better as well (As she gets more freedom). I remember being really disappointed back when she debuted because they made her do pop songs that didn't fit her at all.

Modern Times is an album I listen to at least a couple of times every week to this day.

I could do without the acting though, none of the dramas she's been in have been very good imo. Should just focus on the music.

roaSone

I still think she's uber cute though
She's the best live singer and to me she also has the most beautiful and soothing voice in Korean Industry.

No No Eul

Reposting for a new page: K-Pop GAF Survey

Some useful links:

(Partial) List of 2014 Releases
List of 2013 Rookies
List of 2014 Rookies

Very many thanks to everyone who's taken part so far.

I'm sorry I messed up your 2nd question.

It's all good. ;)

I think I screwed it up though, I wrote-in Hyoyeon for basically every answer? Oops.

Something tells me that wasn't an accident. :p

K-Pop survey is garbage, don't fill it out.

Wait Ryan, come back! You forgot to answer one of the questions!

I've never really been a fan of Davichi's but that's rather a nice tune.

Who's the actress in the MV though? She's so PRETTY and TALENTED. CCM should add her to T-ara or something.

Go Ara said:

Koriandrr

Yeahh.. I know exactly what you mean about IU. I love her voice, but the songs are just not my type of thing. It's obviously a personal opinion, I still love her and I loved listening to her voice in Dream High and her character was totally awesome.

She's not very typical 'kpop' though is she? It's a little bit more westernized than the usual girl band songs. Reminds me a lot of Megan Lee in that aspect.

src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.blastro.com%2Fimages%2Fartists%2Fmeganlee.jpg&w=296&h=296&zc=1&a=T

ramyeon

Yeahh.. I know exactly what you mean about IU. I love her voice, but the songs are just not my type of thing. It's obviously a personal opinion, I still love her and I loved listening to her voice in Dream High and her character was totally awesome.

She's not very typical 'kpop' though is she? It's a little bit more westernized than the usual girl band songs. Reminds me a lot of Megan Lee in that aspect.

src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.blastro.com%2Fimages%2Fartists%2Fmeganlee.jpg&w=296&h=296&zc=1&a=T
More westernised? How so? She's not an idol, if that's what you mean.

You mean Megan Lee reminds of you of IU.
Except bad.

Koriandrr

More westernised? How so? She's not an idol, if that's what you mean.

You mean Megan Lee reminds of you of IU.
Except bad.

Mmmm I meant it in a way that I wouldn't necessarily describe IU's music as 'kpop'. It's pop alright and she's Korean, but it's more smooth/jazzy than your typical kpop. It's not like Hyuna or Girl's Generation. If I had to make a comparison to another singer I would probably choose someone American, not Korean.

I really suck at explaining, I hope this makes sense >:

ramyeon

Mmmm I meant it in a way that I wouldn't necessarily describe IU's music as 'kpop'. It's pop alright and she's Korean, but it's more smooth/jazzy than your typical kpop. It's not like Hyuna or Girl's Generation. If I had to make a comparison to another singer I would probably choose someone American, not Korean.

I really suck at explaining, I hope this makes sense >:
Yeah, she's not idol pop, but I don't think that her music is any more or less Westernised than Korean idols either. SNSD and Hyuna are just as influenced by global musical styles.

Kpop is a broad label, and I've always just used it to describe popular Korean music. Within that label there are a wide variety of sounds and genres.

f(x) put out more good music? Quelle surprise. Davichi and Clazziquai are nice as well.

The new Fiestar is nearly as bad as Hyomin's single.

If any brave bros production reaches the top 3 singles, I'm going to punch all of you in the face.
I'll let miniskirt slide, but that's it.
Hey... Hey... Sunmi's Full Moon would like a word with you.

Running Man, Korea's leader in diversity.

eFxeJ9s.jpg
They were pretty good on Happy Together:

Happy Together - Korean Dream Special with Sam Hammington, Fabien & more! (2014.05.29)

mqdefault.jpg

I've never really been a fan of Davichi's but that's rather a nice tune.

Who's the actress in the MV though? She's so PRETTY and TALENTED. CCM should add her to T-ara or something.
1579B74F50DE9FF418B608

Top Bottom