• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

AOMG Live Performance @ R-16 Korea

tumblr_n7xybrGyKv1qhevdeo1_500.gif

Eldren

KONGDAK KONGDAK KONGDAK KONGDAK KONGDAK KONGDAK MUJIGAE

The album could be 40 mins of just that hook and it'd be album of the year. God damn. Red Light is so good. I'd say the only weak track is Summer Lover and even then it's not horrible. I love how different some of these songs are, like Rainbow, Spit It Out and Boom Bang Boom, I feel like we don't hear a lot of songs like those these days.

Pendulum

On the July 7 installment of SBS's 'Healing Camp,' IU talked about dating and college.

"My self-esteem is higher when I am dating," she revealed when asked about relationships. "I feel that I am great because someone I deem amazing likes me."

Nation's Little Dater

I agree with Dice. Red Light the album wants to be a badass bitch but it turns out to be a mildly annoying teenager who's just venting out against a wall instead of kicking everyone's ass and taking names.

Will listen more though before I give proper judgement, but so far, that's the feeling I'm getting from it.

luso

I like most of f(x)'s album, not good for my ears is Rainbow and Spit out.

Posting because is a good work:

Soshi will be tomorrow on NTV Japan, is not yet time for the a new song.. 2 new ones in the "Best" album and rumours about one/both getting a MV.

Cuddler

2BiC(투빅) '뒤로걷기' 어쿠스틱ver(walk backward acoustic ver)

Awesome version, thieir voices are so good!!
Last week 2BiC were on Sunny FM Date and here are the two live performance:
써니의 FM데이트 - 2BiC - I Love You, 투빅 - 행복하기를 20140627
써니의 FM데이트 - 2BiC - LOVE GAME, 투빅 - 요즘 바쁜가봐 20140627

It happens every now and then. It was the same with Pink Tape last year, for example.
Didn't know that, the album is finally out now on iTunes, I'm happy because Butterfly is as good as I've hoped, worth my 1,29€!

Crayon Pop′s Agency Chrome Entertainment Becomes a Distribution Label with Sony Music Entertainment Korea

Sony Music Entertainment Korea said:
The label contract is of a kind rarely seen in Korea, and is the product of long term talks and agreements. Chrome Entertainment will continue to strengthen its production abilities with its creativity and differentiated content, while Sony Music Korea expects to accelerate its advancement into overseas markets with Chrome Entertainment′s content

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld...rtainment-gains-authority-to-distribute-music

-----------------------

I've been reading the reactions to Babymetal's London concert on twitter. They've won over a lot of diehard metal fans who have had no interest in any asian pop act.

BBC Radio 1 played Babymetal
05wqkYG.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The weak tracks are all the tracks except Dracula and Paper Heart.

Actually Dracula is still weak if you compare it to several recent YG tracks.

[Teaser] Park Ji Yoon (박지윤) _ Yoo hoo(유후)

On my only listen so far, I like Red Light more than Pink Tape. I've never liked Pink Tape as much as Electric Shock. Even now I can play ES beginning to end, sometimes on loop, which I've never quite wanted to do as much with PT.

Summer Lover has to be the weakest song, and Spit it Out sounds like it should be a better track. Dracula isn't clicking for me on first listen, leaving the second half of RL feeling not as solid as the opening ~5/6 songs.

Even so, Paper Heart has that nice f(x) closer feel to it, though no where near as good as Let's Try.

A few more plays, then.

♥ @___@ ♥
21126348525A1CCB31D843

Hellix

My favorites are definitely Milk, Butterfly, All Night, Dracula, Paper Heart, and Red Light itself is starting to grow on me. I just don't see myself replaying this as much as Pink Tape though.

Peru

I agree with Dice. Red Light the album wants to be a badass bitch but it turns out to be a mildly annoying teenager who's just venting out against a wall instead of kicking everyone's ass and taking names.

Will listen more though before I give proper judgement, but so far, that's the feeling I'm getting from it.

You and Dice are in the wrong here, bro. It's stil got that playground lightness to it that keeps it fresh and not just another dirty dance album. The songs still bounce from those f(x)-y talk rap verses to big pop choruses.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That's how I would describe Pink Tape, but I'm really not feeling the pop-ness from Red Light outside of Paper Heart. In trying too hard on one end it lost the tunes that drive its pop core. So you end up with weak tunes, weak attitude, stale SM harmonies, SM conservatism in ambiance and V shape mixing, and slapdash experimental song construction that doesn't succeed in components well enough to transcend the lack of direction, thus guiding focus back on the attempted-exotic yet ultimately static, weak, and tiring beats.

Edit: Actually, going back to Pink Tape now, I wouldn't say that, it's better than that.

giri

Yeah Red Light (album) is great. A notch more 'urban' than pink tape but in a good way, keeping it fresh and light on its feet. Some big choruses. Milk is too lush on headphones. Rainbow. Two last tracks not as strong as the others but better than the pink tape ballad.

I would have chosen industrial than urban, but yeah, the albums is great.

Dracula feels like a title track, but i think there have been a few vampire themed titles in the last year, and they probably wanted to avoid that. (And they'd have to do better than sunmi's choreo, and, well... krystal / sulli).

roaSone

Well, actually with a second listen it's getting better but still, I just can't with Rainbow, Spit it Out and Boom Bang Boom, definitely not my jam.. Dracula is really good but, Red Light as title track seems more solid to me.

vanty

My opinion of Red Light is much better after hearing it a few times now separate from the MV. It's my favourite song on the album along with Dracula, there's two or three other good songs as well so far but I definitely don't like it as much as Pink Tape.

llehuty

Red light is a great title track and a great album. The only song I don't like is Vacance. I do feel like some of the songs are a bit out of place (All night after Rainbow?), but in general I think I'm going to enjoy this album as much as Pink Tape.

The only thing that f(x) is missing at this point for being the all around best group is some decent choreography. If you don't want to make Sulli do some elaborated choreography, just throw a choreography full of cool looking moves like the Electric Shock intro or this:

tumblr_n871whQQ751r9a8ozo1_r2_500.gif

_____

6muses with the heart attack version of happy birthday.

Eldren

Well, actually with a second listen it's getting better but still, I just can't with Rainbow, Spit it Out and Boom Bang Boom, definitely not my jam.. Dracula is really good but, Red Light as title track seems more solid to me.

Ha, those are probably my 3 favourites! I like those 3, Dracula, Red Light, Milk, All Night and Butterfly. I think I prefer it to Pink Tape overall but my knowledge of music theory is crap compared to someone like Dice so I can't articulate exactly why I like it more. More danceable, I guess? Hmm.

Unrelated but: No No Eul or whoever ends up kindly volunteering to create the end-of-year survey, please add a section for Bias List Ruiner Of The Year so I can write-in Yuna. Loci knows what's up. This set is a recent favourite of ours:

<3

Tornhelm

Neo Member
If it wasn't for that awful drop at 0:52 in Red Light, it'd be SOTY.

and those filler tracks are terrible.

Even when you take the drop out of it, it's still beaten by the two mv's g.o.d have released over the last week. Sky Blue Promise is smooth as hell (been on constant play around here) and Saturday Night's MV feels a bit like Psy's before he started recycling Gangnam Style (more fun over lolrandom).

Really hope Roommate does not turn into a "invite guest over, sends out the feels" show. What was said in the last two episodes was interesting and all.... don't think I want to watch that every week. And I figured they would do the typical summer vacation episode eventually, seems like we get it next week. Overall the show became way more "structured" all of a sudden in the last 2/3 episodes lol, like not even trying to hide it, might end up breaking my irrational love of it.

Oh and while I like Red Light... that is a straight up intro song, everything about it screams intro. I will never figure out why some producers think intro songs are good singles to headline stuff but w/e.

Blablurn

Really hope Roommate does not turn into a "invite guest over, sends out the feels" show. What was said in the last two episodes was interesting and all.... don't think I want to watch that every week. And I figured they would do the typical summer vacation episode eventually, seems like we get it next week. Overall the show became way more "structured" all of a sudden in the last 2/3 episodes lol, like not even trying to hide it, might end up breaking my irrational love of it.

I think that's the plan :(

Maybe the rommates are not interesting enough to deliver new stories every week lol

ramyeon

I love the front and back cover for the "Sleepy Cat" edition of Red Light. Should have been the digital cover too tbh.
Haven't purchased a Kpop album in a couple of years but this is tempting. The photo book has some awesome looking shots in there. Kind of broke after splurging on the SARAM12SARAM limited LP edition though :(

Top Bottom