• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Pendulum

CSI: KARA(카라) _ Damaged Lady(숙녀가 못 돼) [ENG/JPN SUB] Hara leg shot!

--------

BS5exRwCQAAS5EL.png

--------

Edit: FIESTAR(피에스타)'s A-HA!_Lesson 6. 'Anseup(안습)' [ENG/JPN SUB]

Suzy still doing CFs and crappy dramas, Fei is doing Fei stuff, Jia is in some Chinese drama, and Min is twerking.

I think miss A is never coming back.

Rip miss A. Fuck JYP.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013...girl-group-this-year-possible-miss-a-comeback

Comeback sometime this year
maybe

New girl group debut is more important than the comeback of an "established" girl group. Oh JYP :lol

And whats all that talk about smaller labels joining SM's subsidiary label? I dont think anyones talked about it other than the Woolim merger.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Remember back when I showed yall the Bing Bing MV and said Crayon Pop had that magic that Kara did and they would ride the slow train to stardom?

Here they are, beating Exo.

dokish

Banned
lol Gummi just goes crazy with the results.

Love seeing Crayon Pop getting what they deserve.

Soon they gonna beat SNSD. Wait for it!

luso

(How do you post the actual pictures instead of just a link? I'm too stupid to work it out, and posting links just doesn't have the same effect.)

-----

EDIT: What was Exo's final win streak, 7? Congrats to Crayon Pop for dethroning them.

Just use tumblr links
tumblr_mscc8bPIGE1qbug69o1_500.jpg

isKJOSrB6B2Aq.gif

icTPmYfCEQgOc.gif

Remember back when I showed yall the Bing Bing MV and said Crayon Pop had that magic that Kara did and they would ride the slow train to stardom?

Here they are, beating Exo.

I introduced gaf to the Bing Bing video :p

Its pretty embarrassing for the established groups (2NE1, B.E.G) to have a rookie from a no name company kick their arses.

Nana is a mystery. In between Lizzy and Justin Bieber, I don't know if she has good taste or bad taste.

rong losing 16lb is possibly the worst thing that has happened to k-pop

It's pretty high up there.

BTW I like how Yookyung-gate just sort of disappeared. Even the people who pretended to care shut up about it so quickly once A Pink started performing without her.

Can't speak for anyone else, but A-Pink kind of fell of my radar a little after that. Aside from Naeuns ruined nose, and Chorongs ruined everything, I care very little at the moment. Despite the fact that it's a decent song, I can count the times I've listened to NoNoNo on one hand.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013...girl-group-this-year-possible-miss-a-comeback

Comeback sometime this year
maybe

New girl group debut is more important than the comeback of an "established" girl group. Oh JYP :lol

Always interested in another girl group from one of the big companies. But of course, always interested in more Miss A too.

With both JYP and YG ready to debut new girl groups, any chance SM will start talking new girl group? Or has there been any mention or talk of it already? Probably most excited for what SM and YG have.

Eldren

I look at the page source for the link. Usually looks like this - <meta property="og:image" content="http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/96b19704114e11e3948e22000a1f9d45_7.jpg" />

Thanks. I found it but I couldn't work out what to do with it, so I think I'll take luso's advice and stick with Tumblr links instead. Thanks anyway though!

Pendulum

Thanks. I found it but I couldn't work out what to do with it, so I think I'll take luso's advice and stick with Tumblr links instead. Thanks anyway though!

You can just take the URL from that HTML and link that instead of waiting for a Tumblr link. But whatever is easiest for you.

Eldren

Sunny said:
a14360a6114111e3925222000aeb214f_7.jpg

"&#50872;&#50500;&#48512;&#51648;&#46993;&#45208;&#46993;&#53685;&#54664;&#45796;&#12619;&#12619;&#50500;&#51060;&#52968;&#53469;&#51684;&#53804;&#52377;!!!!&#50724;&#45720;&#48164;&#45216;&#48372;&#47084;&#50752;&#50836;~8&#49884;40&#48516;tvn!! #&#44867;&#48372;&#45796;&#54624;&#48176; #LGclassicTV #&#51060;&#49100;&#51648;?! Omg! Don't forget to watch Grandpa's Over Flower today! Its airing at 8:40pm ;)"

Got there in the end. Cheers, Pendulum. I can stop cluttering up the place with questions now.

pikpok

Neo Member
Nana is a mystery. In between Lizzy and Justin Bieber, I don't know if she has good taste or bad taste.

Oh come on, she just name-dropped the first popular international male celebrity she could think of because it was an English interview. I refuse to believe Bieber could actually be any K-idol's ideal type.

ryan-ts

Oh come on, she just name-dropped the first popular international male celebrity she could think of because it was an English interview. I refuse to believe Bieber could actually be any K-idol's ideal type.

tumblr_mcyt0g9QkV1rpafedo1_500.gif

^ Look at that face, she's practically in love him.

No No Eul

Brave Girls digital single tomorrow.

Hooray! A full album to follow later in the year too.

That's awesome. Didn't the members strike some sort of deal with their management whereby they'd get a reward if they ever won on a music programme? They probably asked for sleep or food or something. Anyway, all aboard the GAF Time Machine, taking us back to the heady days of OT3:

broadwayrock said:
New low budget girl group called 'Crayon Pop' release 'Bing Bing' (no relation to Microsoft's search engine):

Et5Tk.jpg

chocomaro said:
My new waifu.

iHex2zMp45lRe.gif
iHex2zMp45lRe.gif

iHex2zMp45lRe.gif
iHex2zMp45lRe.gif

Crayon Pop is going to be one of those nugu groups with great music and cute girls but no recognition. SMH.

Dice said:
Yo dawg Crayon Pop really is good. They remind me of early Kara, so charming despite giving such an amateur vibe. The song is really good, too.

suzy-ts said:
Truth, everyone should check them out.

Dice said:
Everything so good, so right. Gotta see them on stage before I say anything crazy but potential rookies of the year right here. Yes, even over Spica.

Peru said:
Jesus christ you've lost your mind.

And so on and so forth.

With both JYP and YG ready to debut new girl groups, any chance SM will start talking new girl group? Or has there been any mention or talk of it already?

I have a feeling I read something about that pretty recently. A Netizen Buzz article maybe? I did a quick search on GAF and saw that back in January, broadwayrock mentioned that SM were planning two new acts this year. One of those was Henry. The other...?

Alta1r

I kinda agree/disagree with the author about Dynamic Duo just writing love songs. On one hand I like it because every rap song on the other side of the pacific ocean is about hookers and blow with shitty production. But at the same time, I don't like it coz hip-hop is supposed to be an expression of what they feel when they wrote that song and by focusing on the "love" part of the spectrum you're getting a "what if" situation not a "this is what happened and I'm telling the whole world about it" situation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I find Leessang and Nujabes' lyrical content more of what hip hop should be lol. A simple message about keeping it real, not a message of indulgence and debauchery.

Whoa, whoa. For the record, hookers and blow make the world go round. Just ask the bankers and the lawyers.

Taeyeon does what Fany and Sica cant lol at least made it to the catcher

Nooooooooo!! She looks too much like special needs Jisook with the black hair. The brown/slightly blonde was such a good look for her. Golden haired goddess Taengoo needs to come back ASAP as possible.

tumblr_moq9spghcb1svqe9ao1_500.gif

Hi K-PopGaf, first post here. I've been lurking/awaiting approval for a few months so it's good to finally be able to join in. I binged on the first three OTs while unemployed (thanks to everyone for introducing me to K-Pop) and then read through most of OT4 in real time, and now that I have a decent internet connection I can actually spend some time with all the songs in the OP and find some more groups to listen to outside of Soshi and f(x).

Anyway, obligatory ranking:

1 - Hyoyeon
-----
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
-----
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

(Yes, 1 is the highest. No, it's not upside-down.) There's movement within the groups, but that's how it stands at the moment. It'll probably change when Galaxy Supernova releases.

Welcome! And props for the auto-rankings without being prompted. Although, Sunkyu at #3?? And Taeny in bottom 5? Careful round these parts..

tumblr_msb14xo2FA1sh367mo3_500.png

Eldren

Welcome! And props for the auto-rankings without being prompted. Although, Sunkyu at #3?? And Taeny in bottom 5? Careful round these parts..

Thanks! When I was reading through the previous OTs, the newcomers all had to go through the same initiation so I thought I'd get it out of the way. God, "bottom 5" makes it sound so much worse. I do like them all! Just some more than others. Luckily I haven't been run out of town yet, although if the responsibility of the Hyoyeon Birthday Mega Post falls to me... (I'll keep it concise, I swear.)

Pendulum

Taeyeon's Male Doppelganger is a 40 Year Old Producer?

A photo of a 40 year old male producer has become a hot topic online.

On August 30, singer and songwriter Yoon Jong Shin posted on his Twitter account, "Lee Gyu Ho's photo is becoming quite a topic. He has produced another one of Ye Rim's songs, which will be released on her upcoming 2nd album."

The viral photograph of Lee Gyu Ho has left viewers in shock and wondering if he is really 40 years old. With his milky clear baby skin and melting eye-smile, viewers have been calling him the doppelganger of Girls' Generation's Taeyeon.

Viewers have commented, "He looks exactly like Taeyeon," "I can't believe I got butterflies by looking at a photo of a 40 year old ahjusshi," "I fell in love with Lee Gyu Ho after this picture," "He is the Korean Peter Pan," and "He gets prettier as he ages."

Contradicting to the image, Lee Gyu Ho is actually 40 years old. He was born in 1974 and in 1993 was presented the bronze medal at a popular music contest. In 1994 he debuted with the release of his first album "Alterego," and since then he's been labeled a hit producer as he has produced the songs of many artists, such as Yoon Jong Shin, Lee So Eun, Lee Seung Hwan, and many more.

I wonder if Lee Gyu Ho will produce something to reveal his skin care routine as I'm sure many people would be interested in learning his methods.

There is a picture...

....do you really want to see?....

...prepare yourself...

Taeyeon_1377877065_af_org.jpg

AReed

I just tried to watch Bar Bar Bar for the first time and saw it was blocked lol.

I had to settle for the dance practice version. I get it now.

Rooster12

Hey I may be in the wrong thread but can anyone recommend some good Korean Hip-Hop to me?

And by Hip-Hop I mean stuff that sounds like 90s East Coast (Mobb Deep, Tribe Called Quest, Gangstarr).

I'm not a big fan of Drunken Tiger or anything like that.

The only thing I can find so far is Garion, he has the exact sound that I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUc9w9VRVtc

Chuckie

Hi K-PopGaf, first post here. I've been lurking/awaiting approval for a few months so it's good to finally be able to join in. I binged on the first three OTs while unemployed (thanks to everyone for introducing me to K-Pop) and then read through most of OT4 in real time, and now that I have a decent internet connection I can actually spend some time with all the songs in the OP and find some more groups to listen to outside of Soshi and f(x).

Anyway, obligatory ranking:

1 - Hyoyeon
-----
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
-----
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

(Yes, 1 is the highest. No, it's not upside-down.) There's movement within the groups, but that's how it stands at the moment. It'll probably change when Galaxy Supernova releases.

I think that is the worst SNSD listing I have seen so far ;)

But welcome anyway haha

luso

How does Peru scale works after all?

Nooooooooo!! She looks too much like special needs Jisook with the black hair. The brown/slightly blonde was such a good look for her. Golden haired goddess Taengoo needs to come back ASAP as possible.

tumblr_ms6v9o901n1s96uiko2_250.gif

What!? She's just with less make up, goddess anyway.
Blond hair Taengoddess will be back for sure in TaeTiSeo comeback.

Top Bottom