• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Translation of the Dispatch article, they talked to 3 insiders really close to SNSD.

1. "i'm leaving" is what jessica said. she said she wants to leave repeatedly both january and july this year.
the members didnt tell her to leave. it's more like they said choose one or the other.

2. Last january, she said she wants to marry. july, after concert in japan, she said she wants to stop promoting. at the time, she said she said she cant go any longer, and said she wants to find her own life.

13. september, members had a meeting and decided long tour, last album, they cant do it normally. and then they asked for to choose a side. after discussing with her attorney, she changed her mind. she said she will still do snsd activities.

14. they had meeting 2~3 times. then Jessica left for NY thinking there was no point talking any longer. she returned one day before fan meeting. but members felt it's been long that to Jessica, snsd was her second job.

18. chances of jessica getting back to SNSD is less than 10%. if anything, for her to come back, she has to place herself first. but it's gone too far, especially with Tyler involved.

It's her fault, i'm standing on the girls side on this, bye Sica.

Niks

"Up until the beginning of August when I was launching 'BLANC', I had received agreement and permission from SM, and congratulations from the members as well.

However, in early September, after only a month since the launching, the members suddenly changed their position and held a meeting, and told me to either quit my business or leave Girls' Generation without any justifiable reason.

I explained that I had already received permission from the agency, that I had never neglected Girls' Generation's activities, and that I could not suddenly halt my business due to my contract with my business partner after a month.

Ultimately, I pleaded that it was unjust for me to have to make a choice. Becoming a Girls' Generation member was the best thing in my life, and I had never thought about quitting."

Holy shit, shes actually going after the remaining 8 members and putting the blame on them?

Sone civil war incoming.

Selane

http://twishort.com/7d6gc

0Bk6yOH.gif

Slowdive

Banned
"Up until the beginning of August when I was launching 'BLANC', I had received agreement and permission from SM, and congratulations from the members as well.

However, in early September, after only a month since the launching, the members suddenly changed their position and held a meeting, and told me to either quit my business or leave Girls' Generation without any justifiable reason.

I explained that I had already received permission from the agency, that I had never neglected Girls' Generation's activities, and that I could not suddenly halt my business due to my contract with my business partner after a month.

Ultimately, I pleaded that it was unjust for me to have to make a choice. Becoming a Girls' Generation member was the best thing in my life, and I had never thought about quitting."

Wow.

Ym1r

Seems like SM really had no fucking clue what was going on within the group, which is why they had to reach out for some answers yesterday.

Looks like the 8 members decided on their own that it was best to kick her out.

WELP.

Fnck this yo... I'm out.

I'mma go play Forza Horizon 2 instead of soaking in this drama.

Will check the thread sometime tonight for updates but I won't be monitoring it like crazy like last night lol.

Ym1r

lol, exactly. Sica lost the plot.
Didnt Tiffany promote Blanc in LA?

Yes she did, which makes me believe Sica's story is false.

If they promoted and supported her decision initially, there must have been some catch like "As long as you don't forget soshi as your #1 priority"

Her post on weibo coincided with the fact that she left for New York the day before the fan meet. Soshi probably felt she crossed the line there and dropped the bomb on her.

ramyeon

Definitely feels like Jessica is intentionally leaving out details. Not only does it contradict the statements that she had discussed leaving the group after the next album but there's a lot of other bits and pieces within the statements from each side that don't quite match up.

The truth is probably somewhere in between, it's hard to know.

Fafnir

I'm still puzzled at the posters that are like, "YAY you go girl! Stick it to SM, fight the power!". Did you guys not see her weibo that said she was forced out and did not leave voluntarily? She wanted her cake and eat it too, but SM said (to paraphrase Marlo from The Wire) "You want it to be one way, but it's the other way". Like it or not, SM has the power.

Yes, she had very little power with SM, but now she lost any small bit that she had and now SM has it all. We all know what bastards SM is to anyone that crosses them and they are going to spend the next 3 years making sure she becomes irrelevant with no acting/modeling/advertisement gigs. I'll be very surprised next year when I go to Myeongdong to see her face on any advertisements for Banila Co. Do you think airport Soshi will continue to be seen with those Blanc sunglasses? After her contract is over, SM will continue to blacklist her.

If we believe what Dispatch wrote then this is the most plausible situation that happened:

Jessica: Hey SM, I gotta go to NY for a Blanc meeting, but don't worry I'll be back in time for the China fan meet.
SM: What did we say about making Soshi your first priority? Do not go to NY.
Jessica: I have to go, this is important for my business. I'll be back in time to go to China.
SM: If you go to NY you are out of Soshi.

------

Jessica: Hey OT8, I have to go to NY for Blanc and I'll be back in time for the fan meet, but SM is saying they will kick me if I go, can you guys please back me up on this?
OT8: Please don't go. Just do what they want. They are going to kick you.
Jessica: They won't kick me if you guys back me up, thanks guys! I'll see you in China!
OT8: .......

------

SM: Jessica went to NY?! Tell her not to come to China, she's out of Soshi.

Jessica:
65ipJWR.jpg

----

On to Tyler Chaebol. He sounds like a real life version of Park Hae Jin's character from "My Love From Another Star", following Jessica around to shoots and bankrolling Blanc for her. Right now this guy has to be smugly looking in the mirror right now as he has Jessica fully indebted to him. You would be a fool to think that Jessica has any kind of real ownership in Blanc. Mr Chaebol made sure the chaebol lawyers made it airtight that Blanc belongs to him/chaebol with Jessica being nothing more than a figurehead. I'm sure Jessica brought the contract to SM lawyers to take a look and they advised her that she would be a fool to sign it as they saw through all the fine print as they are experts at it.

OT8 probably met the dude, sensed the scummy vibes from him and told her not to do Blanc with him.

Fafnir

They weren't actually Blanc sunglasses btw. People thought so at first but it turns out none of them were wearing Blanc sunglasses.

Ahh ok, I'm still puzzled at how she could choose a sunglass company that has no market power over Soshi. Even more confused with her blaming OT8 and burning bridges with them. Does she not realize how much marketing she is losing without Soshi pimping her shit in the future?

Come on dude, we don't really know anything about him or their relationship together.

True, but I still stand that Jessica doesn't have any kind of real ownership of Blanc.

ramyeon

Ahh ok, I'm still puzzled at how she could choose a sunglass company that has no market power over Soshi. Even more confused with her blaming OT8 and burning bridges with them. Does she not realize how much marketing she is losing without Soshi pimping her shit in the future?

True, but I still stand that Jessica doesn't have any kind of real ownership of Blanc.
He invested in her business, he's an investment banker after all. This is nothing unusual. It's hardly enough to declare him scummy when we don't know anything about him and his relationship with her, anyway.

Chesskid1

Banned
dispatch has said sica has put more money into blanc then tyler btw. they said tyler has good business connections in china to help her get into stores, so that's what he is mainly doing.

neoism

yeah I always like jess look wise. but shes really been my least fav... put with this statement shes just playin the game. Why was all the members sad as fuck at the airport and the fan meet concert... lol. She stop caring a long time ago... But its mainly SMs greed and her stubbornness ... o well..
As long as Tae Fany and Sunny are their i give no fucks... but still surprised Hyo wasn't the first to leave...

yeah I always like jess look wise. but shes really been my least fav... put with this statement shes just playin the game. Why was all the members sad as fuck at the airport and the fan meet concert... lol. She stop caring a long time ago... But its mainly SMs greed and her stubbornness ... o well..
As long as Tae Fany and Sunny are their i give no fucks... but still surprised Hyo wasn't the first to leave...

Hyo has very clear the fact that SNSD is her only chance at trying to do anything, Sica on the other hand had a lot of side jobs to built her confidence and a dream.

Igo

5. so was she doing her best as snsd activities? she didnt have time. she was really busy with Tyler Kwon concentrated with Blanc fashion brand.
That's the only one that really matters and needs to be expanded upon.

If Jessica hasn't actually missed any scheduled activities then this is all some bullshit. What does it matter if snsd are #2 if she's still doing all that's required of her.

4. [+9,014, -1,209] Amazing how Jessica's trying to act like the victim in this... meanwhile she's been backstabbing all along..

5. [+2,656, -84] Jessica's basically mad because she was going to throw them away but they threw her away first

6. [+2,473, -126] I don't know why the 8 are getting any hate when it's Jessica who couldn't decide one from the other ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+2,209, -82] I'm thinking the remaining 8 gave up a lot in their lives for the sake of the team

1. [+7,430, -1,224] How can you live life expecting to get everything you want

More Netizen reactions here.

Also, Jungsis unit was confirmed, album already recorded, season 2 of their show ready to go, currently all canceled.

Fafnir

According to onion

what?

Uh, yeah forget what I said about Mr Chaebol owning Blanc. He's can't be that dumb, but gdi Jessica snowballing with one bad decision after another.

liyca ‏@liycapinksone
Fan event for jessica's bday next year: Donation/Fund raising
For: Helping her get through tyler's shit
Goal: $40m

ZfpL8ZM.gif

More about Sica and "the guy under that forehead".

Rumor says $40M is already invested on the said business. Considering Tyler Kwon's roles is raising invested capital, it's likely he raised money with

Jessica's name. Therefore, if business goes wrong, Tyler Kwon could be gone and Jessica has to burden that $40M.

If Kwon is really a CEO of a company, he should be very busy. But he follows Jessica everywhere, and there's a chance his CEO position is all but castle

in the air. It could be a problem if only thing Kwon does is running the business while all the money came from Jessica's name.

dokish

Banned
So... when will SNSD return their activities? They will have to redo every choreo and every Jessica line. And her voice is quite unique.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If the dude really is/does play Jessica like that, he should probably really look out for assassination attempts.

dokish

Banned
Rumor says $40M is already invested on the said business. Considering Tyler Kwon's roles is raising invested capital, it's likely he raised money with

Jessica's name. Therefore, if business goes wrong, Tyler Kwon could be gone and Jessica has to burden that $40M.

Why is this written like this? I mean, Jessica probably not only asked for but accepted his help. The guy helped. If the business goes wrong, that's marketing problem (I suppose?), not the guy who is raising the money and attracting investors.

Jessica's "burden" is her own burden, and the burden that everyone faces lol. I don't know why all of the sudden she's this fragile princess that is battling against the world and everyone wants to screw her.

According to popular fasion blog, it's remarkable how fast Blanc business grows. But the problem is, what if it's failed?

Wow. What if I don't graduate college? What if my father dies? What if I loose my wallet? OH NOOOOESSS!!1!11

ramyeon

Why is this written like this? I mean, Jessica probably not only asked for but accepted his help. The guy helped. If the business goes wrong, that's marketing problem (I suppose?), not the guy who is raising the money and attracting investors.

Jessica's "burden" is her own burden, and the burden that everyone faces lol. I don't know why all of the sudden she's this fragile princess that is battling against the world and everyone wants to screw her.
Let's be real, to fans of SNSD this guy is always going to be a scumbag. A lot of people are just going to ignore that she wanted to enter the fashion industry, she wanted to use BLANC as a stepping stone to enter a prestigious design school etc etc. They'll just blame the guy because he "took" her away from them.

Top Bottom