• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

llehuty

I think I might be seeing Girl's Day on Thursday night at some free show at a college in my town. I've never really listened to them, what are their best songs?

Is it a full concert, or just various artists performing some songs?

There is high chance they perform their last 2 singles in both cases:

Something
Darling

But their best tracks are the ones linked by orangecaramel.

Laieon

I gotchu brah. their best songs, in order:

#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-FUZPic2E

#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWpl2CaCnVA

#3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtGJtyoIfg

#4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7ZG7yk5Wo

Their other songs are kinda just... there. They're listenable but these 4 are their best songs.

Awesome, thanks!
Is it a full concert, or just various artists performing some songs?

There is high chance they perform their last 2 singles in both cases:

Something
Darling

But their best tracks are the ones linked by orangecaramel.

I'm not really sure, probably the latter. I just found out about it today, a friend asked me to go.

https://twitter.com/aegyosin/status/515530421782605824/photo/1

dokish

Banned
There's one movie that I'm really hyped to see. The name is Futureless things. A shame they translated that way because the literal meaning of the title in Korean is "This is our end". It follows the lives of employees in a convenience store from 10 am to 10 pm and from the trailer it looks more like a drama with a touch of light humor than your retarded cheesy korean flick. The hottie from Hellos Venus is in there, with the cat mouth.

The pictures look reeeeeally good, please don't disappoint me, the concept is great.

There's one homossexual kiss on the trailer, so my hopes are high for a serious movie.

13_56_22__522ff7f6361a9[W578-].jpg

2651623B539A85501A1139

13_56_29__522ff7fdbfe64[W578-].jpg

Laieon

How do you like Jeonju?
Most people I know either live in Seoul, Incheon or Busan.

I just moved here 2 months ago, but I'm loving it so far. It's big enough that there's always something going on, but small enough that it doesn't take forever to get around. The people are also incredibly friendly. It has just about all off the things that are nice about cities - colleges, bars, nightclubs, etc..., but it's also incredibly close the nice, quiet countryside. There's 2 colleges here, so there's plenty of people around my age to hang out with.

Then again, I've only lived in Korea for 2 months, for all I know that could be true for all of Korea. Before moving here, I lived in Houston. Depending on the time of day and how much traffic was on the road, it could take a good hour or two to get from one side to the other, so my perception on distance isn't exactly the best.

AReed

Then again, I've only lived in Korea for 2 months, for all I know that could be true for all of Korea. Before moving here, I lived in Houston. Depending on the time of day and how much traffic was on the road, it could take a good hour or two to get from one side to the other, so my perception on distance isn't exactly the best.

H-town represent!

Pendulum

I think I might be seeing Girl's Day on Thursday night at some free show at a college in my town. I've never really listened to them, what are their best songs?

If it's like their performances at recent festivals, you'll hear Darling, Female President, Something, Expectation.

Expectation is right up there. Darling is one of the better summer songs released this year (but still a summer song), Something is imo still one of the best k-pop releases this year (and set the trend for a few other groups), and Female President is solid (most remember it for the music video). They have a number of top songs that others have mentioned, but if you hear them, you are lucky indeed.

Eldren

What in the actual fuck. I posted that not long before I had to go to sleep and then shit hit the fan while I was at work. God damn, what a mess.

My first instinct is to not trust a word SM says. But if I take Jessica's word, that would mean the other 8 did force her out, and I don't know if I believe that (or want to believe that.) I dunno, this whole situation is messy as hell but I can't see us learning any concrete details any time soon. Gonna have to wait for Sooyoung to release that tell-all book she mentioned before.

RIP Jessica's promotions though. SM are sending her to the dungeon. She's still under contract with them and she's not allowed to promote with SNSD, SM won't let her do a damn thing.

Maybe SNSD can do more full on dance sequences again now.

lol not quite

For Eldren

<3

ibfdGBj1OgCQhm.gif

Kudos to the K-pop defence force
?
in this thread. Boy was I cringing hard when that guy started saying shit about Girls' generation being owned by Lotte Corp.
tumblr_mg3yfndtq91rtyjueo1_500.gif

To cure myself from this cringe state:
tumblr_mo5mhv6hGn1qmbr3ho1_400.gif

i cri everytiem :'(

giri

I gotchu brah. their best songs, in order:

#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-FUZPic2E

#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWpl2CaCnVA

#3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtGJtyoIfg

#4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H7ZG7yk5Wo

Their other songs are kinda just... there. They're listenable but these 4 are their best songs.

That you left out Female President means, not the whole list. Or white Day.

giri was/is in disbelief. sica is his fav member so I can see why he doesn't want to believe that.
Hardly, i just don't believe a Press that already has them married.

Loci

Yooyoung has more acting roles than HV stage performances

BjFNUuECcAA9uWa.jpg

__

They're currently recording their comeback song

1907434_737114126325254_7176769025116484698_n.jpg
ByyH_lOCAAAUNIW.jpg

Alice pls said:
Byhd1nGCAAEApJV.jpg:orig

They have become insanely pretty

Comeback will (probably) be as a 5 member group new member on the right side, they didn't really show her tho
And Ara posted this:
[Trans] Ara's Favor ||

Guys, I don't know if it's okay for me to say this but..
You will love Hello Venus' new member as much as you love us right?
From now on, let's not post anything about Ara and Yoonjo on (Hello Venus) official fancafe.
I don't know when I will stop using instagram, but I will always do my best to keep in contact with you all, I promise that!!
If there's a post about old members, and not new member on the fancafe, the new member(s) will be sad, right?
Although there might be some people who feel sad to hear this, but my heart will always be with you and I will resume my activities soon! So you will listen to my favor, right?

Pendulum

RM ep 214 was a good'n. Kwangsoo has the best unintentionally funniest bits. The bit where he gets pulled off the pommel horse thing (whatever it's called) had me dying.

And that handball kick XD

I hope &#48176; &#48176; becomes a nickname for Haha.

ramyeon

There is hope for all of us.
Sure, so long as you're a filthy rich CEO and can fund her business ventures out of your own pocket.
I didn't know there was going to be a My Sassy Girl 2 starring Victoria, seems pointless.
And now you wish you could go back to not knowing right?

Seriously, is nothing sacred?
Kudos to the K-pop defence force
?
in this thread. Boy was I cringing hard when that guy started saying shit about Girls' generation being owned by Lotte Corp.
tumblr_mg3yfndtq91rtyjueo1_500.gif

To cure myself from this cringe state:
tumblr_mo5mhv6hGn1qmbr3ho1_400.gif

i cri everytiem :'(
I still can't get over the fact that he thought EYK had some kind of serious insider insight into the goings-on in KPop. Those guys know nothing.

Also that poster has a bit of a thing for Korea. They lived there for awhile and seem to have had a bad experience, they pop up in a lot of OT related Korea topics to try and affirm a lot of negative stereotypes and generalise a lot.

JustinBB7

Speaking of Running Man, I'm still catching up, just watched episode 149. They started to introduce guests, first one is Ladies Code Kwon Ri Sae

I was like damn, she's cute...hey wait.. ..oh :(

And then later she says this (or the text says it)

9B3R27A.png

Well fuck.

ramyeon

WTF?

Well fuck.
Taken out of context it's wtf but she's just saying she has to survive the game and win. It's eerie and sad out of context but guests say that exact same thing all the time on Running Man.

Don't think I could rewatch that episode of RM yet though, still hard to believe everything that happened.

Loci

Someone post translation of what they said at the fan event when available.
I wanna know what they said about the situation.
Probably nothing except the 'We're sorry. Pls continue loving us~'

Someone post translation of what they said at the fan event when available.
I wanna know what they said about the situation.
Probably nothing except the 'We're sorry. Pls continue loving us~'

They said nothing from what i manage to research.

Dispatch is saying the wedding is in October and that Sica wants to be back in the group.

Trying to find a translation but there's tweets for now.

EDIT: Jessica statement, waiting for translation.

"Up until the beginning of August when I was launching 'BLANC', I had received agreement and permission from SM, and congratulations from the members as well.

However, in early September, after only a month since the launching, the members suddenly changed their position and held a meeting, and told me to either quit my business or leave Girls' Generation without any justifiable reason.

I explained that I had already received permission from the agency, that I had never neglected Girls' Generation's activities, and that I could not suddenly halt my business due to my contract with my business partner after a month.

Ultimately, I pleaded that it was unjust for me to have to make a choice. Becoming a Girls' Generation member was the best thing in my life, and I had never thought about quitting."

Sica is really good at putting herself as the victim, she's only making it worse.

jokkir

So one of my friends is apparently classmates with Yuri from SNSD.

I'll try and get that inside scoop for you guys if Yuri talks lol

Top Bottom