• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

neoism

Decent song but the video quality is atrocious. It's like they got a TV rip of Inkigayo or some shit.

yeah the vid quality is pretty bad, it may get better though... so is pretty good but to short... they need longer songs like IGAB...

iflAWwp60xXH.jpg

ifmmE1Vr6VPEI.jpg

this minion needs to die :p

today at the airport.. lol fany wtf..
i6qMaz3oglOhT.jpg

itQ8OHmx3OD7L.jpg

ib2iKezgphkqmY.jpg

itVMtQ46zCi1n.jpg
iAFV3OsEYuYBq.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Really liking the clean guitar in Crooked. He's taking a bunch of elements that would normally be in boring ass songs but here happen to be mixing genres in an interesting way. The melody is verrrrry... him, but you know one person can only pump out so many songs till their own style is very apparent. Anyway, I think I might like his music if his voice wasn't so fucking annoying. It's a shame.

Fafnir

I was looking for the air con the whole MV. Hyoyeon got no parts at all while Fany got the whole end block. Not enough Taengoo or Maknae.

Sooyoung looking good in GS, skinny jeans suits her.
AQgakDZ.gif

mkiw0cp.gif

Dat Fany smile
Dqe0lyG.gif

Anyway, I think I might like his music if his voice wasn't so fucking annoying. It's a shame.

Agreed. Coup d'etat would've been more amazing if he didn't sing/rap in it. Same thing with this song. The production is pretty great, but his delivery sounds really awkward, and at some points he sounds like he's trying to hard and it just falls flat.

He needs to take delivery lessons from YB or TOP, they're pretty great at it imo.

Pendulum

Cool jeans advertisement.

This was alright. I don't fit into the song's demographics (oh, the [sarcasm]utter pain[/sarcasm] of tragic young love), so I enjoyed seeing the London shots. They got the obnoxious Cargo bouncers down pat.

------

Good quality audio of Nine Muses' "Dolls" from MBC Picnic Live. My hopes for a News version have been raised.

------

Woori said:

Alta1r

What, really? His voice is my favorite part of Big Bang. That and TOP's swagger. GD's voice made Bad Boy and Tonight.

ramyeon

New G-Dragon is great. The video is really well shot too. Good stuff.

His delivery is fine, he slurs a lot but that's pretty much his trademark style by now.

Dice

Woori staaahp ♡

Also I'm not talking about GD's delivery I'm talking about his grating voice.

Ym1r

Anybody know when Urban Zakapa is going to do anything new?? I freakin love their stuff so much its a shame they do so little.

JustinBB7

Video quality is crappy, even in 1080p, probably due YT encoding and high rate of lighting change. I hope for a 4K MV, otherwise is barely watchable...

Indeed even on 1080p you can count the pixels..

Song is super catchy though, and they all look amazing damn.

ramyeon

Don't think it's possible to make it better quality on Youtube. Those flashing lights/backgrounds are what's ruining it.

The song sounds slightly better on second listen, but tbh while I do think their first Japanese album was great, everything after that has sounded way too similar.

I prefer IGAB to this.

Desmond

Just popping into this thread ( for the first time I think ) to say I'm loving GS. Sooyoung and Sunny :O Phwoarrrrrr. Loving the Skinny Jeans, if I'm correct, they're part of an ad campaign for Samantha Thavasa.

By the way, are we ever gonna get the full MV for Beep Beep on YT?

I may stick around in this thread but as of now, the only Kpop I listen to is SNSD. Open to suggestions.

Is there a Jpop thread?

Pendulum

I may stick around in this thread but as of now, the only Kpop I listen to is SNSD. Open to suggestions.

I second questionmark's impeccable suggestion. Good taste that man.

But I'm wondering whether you've listened to various K-Pop at times before and prefer to listen to SNSD, or SNSD is all you've ever heard? The Essentials in the 1st post will give you some avenues to explore if it's the latter case.

Also, any particular genre you like? Ballads, dance, hip hop?

llehuty

Just popping into this thread ( for the first time I think ) to say I'm loving GS. Sooyoung and Sunny :O Phwoarrrrrr. Loving the Skinny Jeans, if I'm correct, they're part of an ad campaign for Samantha Thavasa.

Is there a Jpop thread?

Welcome to the thread.

I suggest a visit to the first post in this thread. First the k-pop gaf essentials list, and after that you can check the artists that draw your attention in the playlists also in the OP.

And yeah, I don't know what happened to Beep Beep full version, but seems stupid not releasing it when they have the whole thing recorded and probably edited.

No No Eul

I like Galaxy Supernova. It's certainly catchy although I could have done with less of the generic club anthem synth. All in all, it feels like a solid album track.

Song is ok, but lol at Jessicas "talk" part?

That was weird, especially with Sooyoung's 'Yeah...' randomly thrown in there.

Those outfits are godawful. The jeans are great though.

Cool jeans advertisement.

When you put it like that, the MV doesn't seem quite so disappointing.

Yesss.

Desmond

I recommend checking out T-ara's music.

]

Thanks! I'll give 'em a listen now!

I second questionmark's impeccable suggestion. Good taste that man.

But I'm wondering whether you've listened to various K-Pop at times before and prefer to listen to SNSD, or SNSD is all you've ever heard? The Essentials in the 1st post will give you some avenues to explore if it's the latter case.

Also, any particular genre you like? Ballads, dance, hip hop?

SNSD is all I've heard really, Korea-wise that is. I normally tend to be interested in J-pop/Japanese sid or Asian stuff.

Any particular genre is fine by me!

Welcome to the thread.

I suggest a visit to the first post in this thread. First the k-pop gaf essentials list, and after that you can check the artists that draw your attention in the playlists also in the OP.

And yeah, I don't know what happened to Beep Beep full version, but seems stupid not releasing it when they have the whole thing recorded and probably edited.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll start working through the OP list.

I was looking forward to the full MV for Beep Beep. Sooyoung looked great and the song was so catchy.

Also, quick question, who are the two girls in the white throwing baseball pitches on the previous page?

Pendulum

Also, quick question, who are the two girls in the white throwing baseball pitches on the previous page?

Kyungri and Hyuna from Nine Muses.

If you're making your way through the OP, let us know what you like from there and we can help give more tailored recommendations.

Niks

Apparently there's another version of the GALAXY SUPERNOVA MV releasing today. The one yesterday was the dance version.

Here comes the solo shots.

llehuty

KARA - Damaged Lady (Live at the Seoul Internationl Drama Awards) I like the song, but the live performances are a bit boring...
Edit: This one @ M!Countdown also from today is a bit better, maybe they are tired. On the other hand,the Runaway stage is very cool.

and lol @ official GI youtube channel uploading bandicam footage of their last comeback

[MV] Navi(나비) _ I ain't going home tonight(집에 안갈래) (Feat. GEEKS(긱스))

[MV] Piggy Dolls(피기돌스) _ Ordinary girl(보통여자) What's the point of keeping the same name if they have replaced all the members?

[Teaser] ZIA(지아)&LEE HAE RI(이해리)(of DAVICHI(다비치)) _ If You Loved Me(사랑했었다면) And the MV features a girl from Sunny Hill and a guy from Infinite. *Confused*

Edit2: The Sera birthday mess.
"Sera’s real birthday is Sep 3. Initially, before her parent gave birth to Sera, they thought they would give birth to a boy, so they prepared a male name for their baby. But then it turned out to be a girl (that baby is Sera). So they have to think of another name for the baby thus they submitted the ID registration (family registration) 1 month later (Oct 3), so on Sera’s ID, her birthday is stated as Oct 3."

Also
At the 2013 Idol Athletic Championship, Erin told a MINE that they aren't releasing an album in September.

tumblr_msmx8fFkVt1rysoxpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_msmx8fFkVt1rysoxpo2_1280.jpg

luso

Is there a Jpop thread?

Already said, but check the OP. T-ara as written, Miss A "Touch", SPICA latest single and "Painkiller", most of 9 Muses, last two f(x)'s albums. Kara's "revolution", BEG's "Sound G" are great also.
Younha, IU, Davichi are obligatory to check out.
Someone else to suggest male groups.

~OH-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh~ ~Yeah-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh~

neoism

Is there a Jpop thread?
your good :p

Desmond

Big thank you to Orange Caramel for those Artist playlists in the OP.

Loving Brown Eyed Girls already. Will listen to T-ara afterwards.

G-Dragon's new album is great. YG with hit after hit.

GD That’s me who you? Not me
Not me Not me Do you? You do

balifor

Neo Member

It's probably going to come out on some random CD/DVD release. Third Japanese album maybe? Then it'll be uploaded to Youtube after someone rips it.

Don't think it's possible to make it better quality on Youtube. Those flashing lights/backgrounds are what's ruining it.

The WebM VP8 version is decent quality. It's 421 MB and has a lot less macroblocking than the H264 version that you get from the flash player. The HTML5 player doesn't seem to work for the video though.

Eldren

Galaxy Supernova is catchy, I like it. Feels closer to the 2nd JP album than the 1st in terms of sound, but it's a better song than Love & Girls at least. I'm getting some Flower Power vibes as well, which I love; I suspect I may be in the minority there though. Overall I really liked it; obligatory cheesy English lyrics, great chorus, goofy English conversation, some nice choreo. Shame the quality is complete arse, but hey, at least we can hear it.

SMH at Hyo and Yoong getting like one line each though. Unless we count "Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" and "Yeah-eh-eh-eh-eh" as lines, I suppose. Hyo's line even sounds autotuned. Sunny was barely visible, although she's criminally underutilised in general. Hyo got some good screen time at least (plus she was in the centre for the first time since, I dunno, Oh! maybe?), which is more than be said for Sunny or Seohyun. They looked so good and yet we barely saw them. Sunny's fierce weave going to waste.

#SOOYOUNG2013 She was owning this MV. She was all over the place, got a whole bunch of lines (the most lines?), and she looked and sounded great doing it. Get it, girl. I would love a Soo-lead era.

ioLTYIk2FBxyl.gif

Also, damn Yuri:

9674762615_096db32579_o.gif

9677795614_35f7784310_o.gif

(And Yoona too! She looked so good in those white jeans.)

-----

The Beep Beep MV is never going to see the light of day. SM spent the rest of the budget making the 3rd pair of Growl MVs for EXO, because apparently that drama version was a story that needed to be told. I actually quite like EXO - their first album more than their second though, and Chanyeol is the only guy I really like - but it kinda feels like SM threw f(x) under the bus in order to promote their boys, which I wasn't too happy about. But it's making them money, so whatever.
-----

Anyway, that Dolls acapella piece is really really good. I love their voices. Hopefully we get some more soon.

Dice

Netizens calling them the next T-ara.
Oh come on, that's totally different. Seems to me like Hara was genuinely concerned that Kyuhyun would drop some info that could hurt what she has going on with someone right now, and it's such a hard thing to maintain it is precious to her. He was playing around with the notion of ruining her private life. That's fucked up.

ramyeon

Oh come on, that's totally different. Seems to me like Hara was genuinely concerned that Kyuhyun would drop some info that could hurt what she has going on with someone right now, and it's such a hard thing to maintain it is precious to her. He was playing around with the notion of ruining her private life. That's fucked up.
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-up-things-continue-to-look-grim.html

Not saying I agree but I feel that both parties were in the wrong.

Ym1r

Don't they ask uncomfortable questions all the time? I remember them talking about the IU and Eunhyuk scandal a couple of times when IU was on it, so why is it suddenly a bad thing when one person cries on the show because she can't handle the questions she knows shes probably going to get asked?

Look, I like Hara, but that's just her acting like a little baby, if she felt uncomfortable with the questions she could have just asked them to stop it, but she had to cry and make somebody else look terrible in the process, when it was just his job.

ramyeon

Don't they ask uncomfortable questions all the time? I remember them talking about the IU and Eunhyuk scandal a couple of times when IU was on it, so why is it suddenly a bad thing when one person cries on the show because she can't handle the questions she knows shes probably going to get asked?

Look, I like Hara, but that's just her acting like a little baby, if she felt uncomfortable with the questions she could have just asked them to stop it, but she had to cry and make somebody else look terrible in the process, when it was just his job.
Yeah it's pretty much standard fare on the show. Jiyoung crying after being asked to show aegyo is particularly ridiculous though.

Dice

Sorry, I don't believe in grinding people into dirt for years on end. Maybe for their nugu days that all these netizens seem to pine for, as you do what you must to be noticed, but for someone already known to continue their work I don't think it is haughty simply to want to be human. If they are in their mid-20s and trying to figure out how to actually live some of their life between promotions, don't fuck with that like they are still some teenagers who only know puppy love and can't keep priorities straight. I don't remember SNSD getting this much shit from other professionals (netizens always hate), but Kara gets shit all the time. Most of these netizen responses are probably fueled by hate for Japan, anyway.

Top Bottom