• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

(._.)

Banned
In 2010, Nine Muses changed Korean music forever with “No Playboy.” In 2011, RaNia rocked the world with “Dr. Feel Good.” In 2012, we were blessed with Gangkiz. And now, in 2013, we have Wassup.

Pendulum

The Muses discussing the next album jacket concept.
BTdfEFWCAAM7msO.jpg

------

Jaekyung said:

------

Jooyeon said:

2San

Even if Kara was rude, I don't think Hara is wrong for not wanting to tolerate being treated like a whore because she went out with one guy or whatever. Also people like Super Junior and Kim Goora aren't exactly in a position to be throwing stones when it comes to character.

Radio Star has pretty much always been a trash show, so it's not really surprising.
Such overreaction. The hosts dish out and receive as well, but yeah that requires the guests to have a sense of humor or a spine.

Radio Star is pretty good. Next to handful of cases like with Kara, you get a pretty laid back program, where people can laugh about their past scandals. Honestly Radio Star format is line with western shows where the host digs and pokes fun at the guests.

Still waiting for the Jay Park ep to get subbed. :x

luso

So how about that Jiwon...

tumblr_mso1yuvwcd1rr01n9o2_500.jpg

Best SPICA?

Anyway, netizens are bandwagon shit trollers, probably worst than antis, even if Hara could be more subtle in her reactions. MC were bullies, but they are known for that.

Seohyun studing the script
itreexE2xwISb.jpg

There are total 9 out there, lol
iW6nBDUAsU9MO.jpg

iY0GQSihEuj4y.jpg

iVTW5xz5HvqoM.jpg

ixaPr9nQej5iz.jpg

itpp1oi3pRQ76.jpg

ramyeon

Best SPICA?

Anyway, netizens are bandwagon shit trollers, probably worst than antis, even if Hara could be more subtle in her reactions. MC were bullies, but they are known for that.
The netizens making comments like that are antis, though. They're definitely not fans that's for sure :p Dunno if I'd call the MCs of Radio Star bullies, it's not intended to be offensive it's just playful jabs and usually the guests respond well. It makes for more entertaining banter than the usual crap they talk about with idols on other shows.

No No Eul

JFC at this whole Kara thing. I watched the Radio Star clips yesterday and I can honestly say I did not see this coming.

277A673E522764BB042A55

♥ ♥ ♥

Naeun said:

Yura X Yura said:

Amber said:
ibiMvioZj0WJa1.jpg

Time really flies by. Thanks for being with us all these years!

Victoria said:

Sunny said:
ip7zI9qPia5c8.jpg

Excessive photoshop can make you lose your nose. #AccidentBroughtOnByGreed Nobody knows where my nose went.

Jessica said:
ibwO4h682qjbMG.jpg

How is everyone doing today?

Girl's Day Chicken Police CF 1

Girl's Day Chicken Police CF 2
Girl's Day Chicken Police CF BTS

Fiestar A-HA! Lesson 7 Na, kkamjjak! Menboongiya!

Fafnir

a lot of salty tears in this thread.

radio star is a variety program. kara was there to promote their album/song.

radio star is also known to ask direct questions besides fun ones, not some softball questions.

kara went to the program, therefore they should have expected as much.

why go to that kind of program and then cry and make everyone uncomfortable? especially that aegyo request, really ridiculous.

if kara wanted to go to a program that would throw them softball questions, then they should not have gone to radio star. they went to a program that is known and expected to ask the type of questions that kara would want to avoid, yet kara still went to it. now radio star is at fault? radio star is not going to change its format just because kara is whining. kara is just one out of many artists, why should radio star accommodate kara when that sort of questioning is what the audience expects from the program?

now, kara went to the program, okay. mcs ask the questions, but instead hara throws a bottle at the mcs. if EmptySpace were the editor/producer of the program, he would not edit those parts out and show it to the world. crying because someone asks you to show aegyo? throwing a tantrum in front of seniors? hara could have explained that she wants to avoid those types of questions because it hurts her or stresses her out or something, everything can be done with diplomacy. hara was glaring at the mcs, and threw a tantrum. obviously, when the mc said, "goo hara is done," he is not going to reveal something that hara did not give permission to. it was a joke and everyone understood it, but hara cried because she was angry. seriously. even the mcs were so taken aback because it was clearly said for laughs and for broadcast.

and that aegyo request, come on. just do it and get it over with. jiyoung has done it a million times, in korea and in japan.

Yeah, I can't imagine the questions wouldn't be seen and pre approved by Kara's management beforehand anyway; they knew it was coming. The reactions were over the top and you could see all the MCs and JYP look in awkward shock when she started her tantrum. Both parties are kind of at fault (Except the Jiyoung thing - that was ridiculous) but Kara could have and should have handled it better.

People are crying slut shaming but her and Kyuhyun are friends and it wasn't shaming, it was friendly jabs. You could see the look on his face that he was genuinely shocked by her reaction.

Well of course Kara fans are gonna defend them and that's fine, the netizen comments are overboard too but they're not entirely free of fault.

Catching up on that Kara drama, these are my thoughts as well. All I could think watching the clips was /damnthatescalatedquickly.jpg. Kara/DSP went into that show totally unprepared. Everyone knows what kind of show Radio Star is and they know what questions are going to be asked as they all get pre-interviewed by the writers before the show. Seems like Kara was like, "no we don't want to talk about Hara relationship or Jiyoung aegyo" to the writers and the PD/writers were like, "....we got nothing else to talk about then? if you come on the show this is what is going to be asked." Hara should have used it as an opportunity to squash it but didn't know how to as she no longer has the variety skills. The Jiyoung bit was feeling empathy for Hara, she got all emotional after seeing her cry.

Also can't blame Kyuhyun because he's just doing his job. Kara probably did the whole "Sunbaenim! Please take care of us!" bit to him before the show thinking he has clout, but he's the maknae of Radio Star and he does what he is told to do.

Netizens going to be netizens.

Pendulum

F-ve Dolls is apparently prerecording a comeback stage for Music Core featuring " T-ara N4's Dani". Note "T-ara N4" and not "T-ara".

The Messiah is coming. May she have mercy on our souls.

Selane

F-ve Dolls is apparently prerecording a comeback stage for Music Core featuring " T-ara N4's Dani". Note "T-ara N4" and not "T-ara".

[pretend a gif of a female idol pretending to vomit is here]

The teachings spoke of this day...I never thought I'd live to see it...let us accept this blessing.

tumblr_mog2ze5Edm1qbz70so1_400.gif

Eldren

It's the fact that they seem like real human beings (except Seobot) that anyone can relate to.

ibbR3RpyIQ4YXm.gif

-----

Soonkyu said:
tumblr_msne2gMDfQ1sewbc1o1_500.jpg

오랜만에긴머리로나오는써니의모습을보실수있습니닷! 私のロングヘアー見たかったですか~?^^*

You will be able to see Sunny’s appearance with long hair after a long time! Have you missed/Did you want to see my long hair~?^^*

I have missed this hair, you multilingual goddess.

-----

tumblr_msmx8yq5Hj1qdywcco2_250.gif

Jesus, Yuri is so gorgeous. Just so g-

672052ebjw1e8cyptbdi2g206l07knpd.gif

Uh.

-----

tumblr_msn5b4tuol1r61yvqo4_250.gif
tumblr_msn5b4tuol1r61yvqo3_r1_250.gif

These gifs are of a higher quality than the actual MV. That ain't right.

-----

Isuzu, you never finished your EXO biographies! Teach me about Chanyeol please.

beatsan

Neo Member
Just wanted to say...Infinite H and Zion T's "Without You" is still one of the best tracks of the year. The video is pretty good too. All artsy and stuff.

dokish

Banned
Damn, after a long time, I listened again Dancing Queen from Crayon Pop. Such a beautiful song. Much more powerful and appealing than Bar Bar Bar IMO (what the fuck this name even mean?)

Dancing Queen is their best song so far.

(I'm cooking more videos about Korea Life, but since my classes started I have no idea when I will be able to edit them).

Eldren

I'm cooking more videos about Korea Life, but since my classes started I have no idea when I will be able to edit them.

What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

-----

Fake edit (damn you, Luso), but Seohyun's kiss scene is so funny.

9693843054_8812c64876_o.gif

Literally not even moving. She looks pretty though.

-----

Anyone have a good Yoona or Suji (HTC One size) phone background pic?

Did you find a background yet, Alt? I've been using this one
iyIk5PbJ03z4T.png

for the last week or so. Before that I had this one

Someone should make like a giant k-pop smartphone/desktop background depository, to make it easier to find suitably sized photos. That would come in handy.

Top Bottom