• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Eldren

Both of them. And yeah, the song is fantastic. I don't mind Yoona not getting any lines, she gets plenty of front and center time to make up for it. Plus, who's listening for her anyway with Taeng and Sica around, lol.

I am! I like when their songs use all of their voices. I actually find it really annoying how often Yoona and Hyoyeon get like one line each. At least Yoona gets a lot of screen time in all their MVs. My poor baby Hyo :(

-----

Fei said:
tumblr_msvc2l7Zjm1rvgrvqo1_500.jpg

[20130909 Fei Twitter]: 드디오 한국도착했어요~ 근데아직도 터키의하늘 풍경 생각나!! !! 진짜 아름다워

[Translation]: Finally back in Korea~ But I’m still thinking of Turkey’s scenery!!! So pretty

So pretty indeed.

-----

Edit:

I'm not sure what the idea behind the concept for I Got A Boy was, but I feel like this is what they should have been aiming for.

Fingers crossed their comeback has them looking like this. They look so good.

-----

Is someone here fiddl? I feel like I read that once, in an earlier OT.

Pendulum

Sojihhhgggnnn
ibMrxyQDZGOf2.gif

----

In 1972 a crack gif commando was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he didn't commit. This man promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the K-Pop underground. Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire fiddle.se

ramyeon

She's a qt3.14 but she was never saucy enough for me. HYJ is the sauciest of them all, and it shows in interviews as well.

She has plans too.
Working at CCM probably inspired her to learn how to actually do things properly.
Yeah Hong Jin Young has it where it counts but she's also had so much work done recently she's barely recognisable lol.

kingkitty

New Running Man ep was great. Eunji + Girls Day + 2PM/Sukjin were all great.

Hyorin might as well have not been there.

I think Eunji pops up in the new Barefoot Friends, so I guess I'll take a quick peek before ignoring that shitshow again.

Yessss, Park Ji Yoon is back.. featuring on Yoon Jong Shin's track http://youtu.be/zOfr6WqiHBs
Can never tire of her voice.

This has my full support.

lime-hee-aviojsdb.png

But the best thing about Sunny, that which makes her lovable, is how she's a clever BAMF and down to earth at the same time. You don't get that from some red carpet pics.
Yessir, and reminiscent of Hyori in that way.

Like this, but the greedy part of me wants it to be a Miss A song.
Poor Wonder Girls...

Naturally.

*resists urge to Fei megapost*

So how about that Jiwon...

tumblr_mso1yuvwcd1rr01n9o2_500.jpg
Best SPICA?
1a. Narae, 1b. Jiwon

Vocally?

1. Kim Boa, 2. Bohyung, 3. Narae, 4. Jiwon, 5. Juhyun

Not sure what irks me the most about their label/management:

- Taking years to finally create an official YouTube channel
- Posting incomplete PVs in most cases
- Pretending HD/Hi-Vision doesn't exist

Eh, at least the new album is out soon.

Don't be silly, Alt, there's no such thing as "too much Soonkyu".
Welcome. Stay a while.

The rest if you want/don't have it:

Eldren

·feist·;80915565 said:
Welcome. Stay a while.

Thanks! I plan to stick around, K-PopGAF is a pretty fun place.

ibmbimzAHQnLIH.gif

I'm really liking their new stuff. I liked Beatles but the autotune was a bit OTT, so it's nice to hear they've toned it back a bit. The MV is as basic as they come but I actually think it's pretty cool. I like the choreo too, so it's a shame we'll probably never get to see it live (right?)

-----

I've been bopping to Figaro all day, god damn that's a catchy song. I love the choreography too. Have they ever performed this live with 9 members? I'm guessing the formation is pretty dependent on only being 7 people.

giri

Thanks! I plan to stick around, K-PopGAF is a pretty fun place.

ibmbimzAHQnLIH.gif

I'm really liking their new stuff. I liked Beatles but the autotune was a bit OTT, so it's nice to hear they've toned it back a bit. The MV is as basic as they come but I actually think it's pretty cool. I like the choreo too, so it's a shame we'll probably never get to see it live (right?)

-----

I've been bopping to Figaro all day, god damn that's a catchy song. I love the choreography too. Have they ever performed this live with 9 members? I'm guessing the formation is pretty dependent on only being 7 people.

You'll only see live perfs from concerts / fancams, never aired on the big networks.

Beattles was great. The remix was solid too.

Eldren

You'll only see live perfs from concerts / fancams, never aired on the big networks.

Beattles was great. The remix was solid too.

Honestly, I'll be happy with fancams if they're decent quality.
More chance of Aram footage from fancams as well.

I hadn't actually heard the remix until you just mentioned it, so I checked it out and it's great. Very different but I'm enjoying it.

Going back to fancams, I really like their cover of Block B's Nilili Mambo.

vanty

Lol, dat budget.

Has YouTube add ways to restrict downloading videos? DownloadHelper for Firefox doesn't seem to work for me anymore.
A while ago YT changed stuff that screwed up downloading. I don't know about your thing for Firefox but I use YouTube Options for Chrome (full version not from the web store) and they had to do like 3 or 4 updates until they got all downloads working again.

milkham

What kind of route do you want to go with your career? This the first step in music reporting photography? Or the way into something else?

------

I'm not sure, this is the third event I've done for them, but I think my connection is gonna dry up soon.

Ico

I've know JYP can release good stuff, but I didn't think it'd be this good. This is probably one of my favorite ballads for the year.

Musically, it's so smooth and easy to listen to. And the lyrics, it's not mindblowing or anything but the idea behind is pretty deep.

His other song with Gaeko is pretty good as well. Might be snagging the EP once it comes out.

Thanks for posting the Gaeko song. I had completely missed it. I'll have to give the album a listen to see what I think of the rest.

·feist·;80915565 said:
Not sure what irks me the most about their label/management:

- Taking years to finally create an official YouTube channel
- Posting incomplete PVs in most cases
- Pretending HD/Hi-Vision doesn't exist

None of that is particularly unusual in the Japanese music industry but, yeah, it can be really annoying.

Alta1r

I can't recall who soshigafapocalypse is from here (luso?), but you are doing god's work my friend. @___________@

i182NgdrLZUa5.gif

Alt, aren't you in HK?

NICE!! Time to start stalking Soshi news so I can get a jump on some good tickets.

I am! I like when their songs use all of their voices. I actually find it really annoying how often Yoona and Hyoyeon get like one line each. At least Yoona gets a lot of screen time in all their MVs. My poor baby Hyo :(

Lol, yeah, Yoong gets her "face of Soshi" front and center time, but Hyo gets screwed over because Yuri can dance basically as well and looks even better.

fiddl only resides in IRC.

tumblr_mstk0uCnqM1sqifheo1_500.jpg

(._.)

Banned
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ so fresh and lovely and cute and perfect❤

9SQUh1b.jpg

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

7htV5mK.jpg
1qxkAD0.jpg

❤ aww all mine ❤

MheTq4m.jpg

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ OMFG TIGHTS ❤ ❤ ❤

8qeJ9jZ.jpg

❤ ❤ ❤ makeupless and lovely looking ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

4zQzPub.jpg

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ girl next door ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

V02Jp42.jpg

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ tfw you have to deal with annoying nerds all day ❤ ❤ ❤

CXvLu8d.jpg

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ better than taeyawn ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Alta1r

I didn't know this until I read the GD interview but Kanye West was in a K-Pop song a few years ago? whatt

Lol, I totally forgot about this, I actually had this on my kpop playlist a couple years back. I always thought it was one of those unofficial "remixes" because his flow in the song sounds super familiar, like it's been lifted from another song.

tumblr_mstdlcCvHR1raxmm6o1_500.jpg

Peru

IU album confirmed launch somewhere between the 2nd and 7th of October.

If at least 50% of it isn't composed by IU herself, after all this time, I give up on LOEN.

Pretty sure the title track is the ol' Kim Eana / Lee Min Soo combo tho.

191569444DF60BEC1DB3A2

1770D5584DE165EA172E46

13247E3A4DE1659E30F5BA

None of that is particularly unusual in the Japanese music industry but, yeah, it can be really annoying.
Yeah, but as much as I love Capsule, Scandal and others Perfume is one of the only acts I want to easily stream full videos of anywhere, without resorting to Nico Nico, Dropbox, etc.

Perfume Making of "1mm" Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w72V2tDNzk

Perfume - MOL ~ みんなでつくる曲
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D3fv61EGmg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
·feist·;80915565 said:
Vocally?

1. Kim Boa, 2. Bohyung, 3. Narae, 4. Jiwon, 5. Juhyun
Boa's voice hasn't been so hot this round. I wonder if she recently had nodes removed or something.

Peru

IU album confirmed launch somewhere between the 2nd and 7th of October.

If at least 50% of it isn't composed by IU herself, after all this time, I give up on LOEN.

Pretty sure the title track is the ol' Kim Eana / Lee Min Soo combo tho.

After her release of ‘Spring of a Twenty Year Old’ in May last year, IU will be making her comeback as a singer after a year and 5 months, with most of the songs being original compositions, she plans to showcase her capabilities as a singer songwriter.

vanty

Dice you're right about Jasmine's album it's some great stuff. I Hate You is easily one of my favourite pop songs of the year even with the dubsteppy crap.

Eldren

Lol, yeah, Yoong gets her "face of Soshi" front and center time, but Hyo gets screwed over because Yuri can dance basically as well and looks even better.

Hyo and Yuri work best when together.

tumblr_msx02b6NtO1qkolxgo1_500.gif

-----

Can anyone in the US tell me if Duke University is a good place to study? Apparently it's good enough for Yoona.

http://issuu.com/dukecareers/docs/2013_career_guide

-----

SM is teaming up with Samsung to improve society. That's actually a pretty cool initiative.
Hopefully Samsung will contribute funds to a new box for SM artists to dance in.

AReed

Watching the new RM ep right now. Looks like they had a larger audience turn out for their dodgeball game than this past Idol Athletic Championship.

Not surprising. Just funny.

Pendulum

How reliable is allkpop and/or Instiz? They're saying there might be a Soshi comeback for Halloween, which could be pretty cool.

Allkpop is a true tabloid. They are better at reporting something after it has happened (and even then it might only be half the story), but a broken clock can be right twice a day and all that. In short, take it with a grain of salt.

Insitz is a chart site and has more credibility, but has been wrong before (e.g. they were saying f(x) would have an August, not July, comeback)

------

Girl's Day Pocky CF

BTz1wNOCUAEJ-YG.png:large

Edit: Sojin's making a guest appearance on Reckless Family 3. Tune into 0:10 for dat Yura laugh.

------

Edit 2:
BTxpgGRIEAA9Qck.jpg:large

luso

Not sure if reliable but since a long time it is known a new album will be released this year (unless SM crews again like last year).
Also at latest of the latest it would be released just before Decembe begins, but they are looking at past releases dates and they are guessing an approximate date. But they will not be wrong for much.

I can't recall who soshigafapocalypse is from here (luso?), but you are doing god's work my friend. @___________@

I have my days.

4ea38d061a2111e38a8922000a1faffc_7.jpg

sogood.gif ^1000

Eldren

Allkpop is a true tabloid. They are better at reporting something after it has happened (and even then it might only be half the story), but a broken clock can be right twice a day and all that. In short, take it with a grain of salt.

Insitz is a chart site and has more credibility, but has been wrong before (e.g. they were saying f(x) would have an August, not July, comeback)

Yeah, I suspected as much. I won't get my hopes up in that case. Thanks for clarifying.

iSbyfiTUVA1Bg.gif

"Who You?" - Produced by: Kush & Choice37
G-Dragon said:
Kush actually left our company, but he might come back. Anyway, it’s the first song we did together since he left YG. It’s also a song I heard a while back, when I visited Kush’s studio. He made a guide for the record, I heard it, and I just took it from him. [Laughs.] I begged him to give it to me. I really wanted that record. So after getting it from him, I rewrote the lyrics, recorded over the beat, added multiple layers of melody, and Kush came by our studio and redid the record. The boss liked it, so we decided to go with it.
I hope he returns. Kush is beast.
Teddy said:
The original song just went, ‘Baby, fuck you.’ [Laughs.] I was like, ‘What?’
LOL
G-Dragon said:
The original title of the record was ‘Fuck You.’ The song’s content is pretty obvious. It’s about getting mad at your lady, and the only thing you want to tell her is, ‘Fuck you.’ But we can’t do that in Korea. [Laughs.] So we renamed it to ‘Hate You,’ and then it eventually became ‘Who You?

Teddy said:
It wasn’t like, ‘Yo, let’s get down. This album’s called Coup D’Etat. Studio lockdown starts today!’ [Laughs.] It’s never been that way for me because I’m working on 2NE1, Big Bang, Taeyang, T.O.P., and other artists. So whatever GD likes, he’ll just grab it, leave to another room, and finish the song. It’s always been that way. We never really had a big vision for this album. The only difference was that record ‘Crooked,’ the last song that we did, which we felt like was necessary. Other than that, everything was really organic.
About time TOP started making his own stuff.

Top Bottom