• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

luso

Edit: Taeyeon B-ing CF. A mix of annoying and fascinating song....
tumblr_mt7t051zju1rwl8mto1_250.gif

Jung goodies
tumblr_mt9oisDtKy1qaeerfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt9oisDtKy1qaeerfo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt9oi3yH801s4i2oho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt9oi3yH801s4i2oho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt9o73X5CX1rb4qwuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt9o73X5CX1rb4qwuo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt9o0xr2SI1sewbc1o1_1280.jpg

Then and now lol
tumblr_mt9nhsg9IG1rq8vego1_1280.jpg

Eldren

That Baby G photo shoot is so good. The styling for those pics is better than anything they've had for the last tour or album. Seriously, next comeback, just look like that. It'll be perfect (as long as the songs are good. Fingers crossed.)

-----

In that Nylon issue with the Jungs, Tiffany did a photo shoot. It was...weird. Probably the first and last time I'll post a Tiffany pic:

I'm hoping that weird leg is photoshopped...

-----

tumblr_mt9m1r1azi1qkolxgo1_500.gif

tumblr_mt9m1r1azi1qkolxgo2_500.gif

Eldren

The KPOP Button

Get a quick fix of Kpop whenever.

This is actually pretty cool. Seeing as I basically only know Soshi (plus a little f(x) and Nine Muses) I'm seeing a lot of MVs for the first time. Seems like a good way of finding new music to listen to/idols to stan.

I just saw Kara's Step which I really liked. Gyuri is STUNNING but more importantly, is this the origin of Vanty's avatar?! I've wondered where that came from for so long.

-----

Nine Muses selca-fest:

tumblr_mta4y26Xno1sxr7u4o1_500.jpg

For Dice

tumblr_mt8gq7tLiL1re7sjao1_500.jpg

For everyone really

tumblr_mt8gnydsyK1re7sjao1_500.jpg

For llehuty

tumblr_mt86q3c7YZ1qfssjlo1_500.jpg

Gorgeous Erin selca

tumblr_mta4w1YNIe1sxr7u4o1_500.jpg

With bonus Kyungrinstagram video

Selane

This is actually pretty cool. Seeing as I basically only know Soshi (plus a little f(x) and Nine Muses) I'm seeing a lot of MVs for the first time. Seems like a good way of finding new music to listen to/idols to stan.

I just saw Kara's Step which I really liked. Gyuri is STUNNING but more importantly, is this the origin of Vanty's avatar?! I've wondered where that came from for so long.

No joke, the first time I clicked that fucker it gave me a god damn Wassup video. Pretty cool, though.

And yes, that's where his avatar is from. The first time I saw it I knew immediately where it was from.

vanty

Yeah there is (or was?) some site that posted awkward screengrabs from kpop MVs and I took a shot of Hara from Step for my avatar.

Eldren

No joke, the first time I clicked that fucker it gave me a god damn Wassup video. Pretty cool, though.

And yes, that's where his avatar is from. The first time I saw it I knew immediately where it was from.

Haha, I have to admit that Wassup song is kind of growing on me. It's trashy and dumb and yet I can't help but like it. I hope they stick around, variety is always healthy. (Plus they're pretty cute, which helps.) I think I'll use that button on days when my internet connection is acting up and OC's mega post will kill my browser.

Vanty, your avatar is pretty iconic to be honest. I'm morbidly curious about this website, but I'm guessing it's not active any more? Or do you just now know if it is?

Tangeroo

Haha, I have to admit that Wassup song is kind of growing on me. It's trashy and dumb and yet I can't help but like it. I hope they stick around, variety is always healthy. (Plus they're pretty cute, which helps.) I think I'll use that button on days when my internet connection is acting up and OC's mega post will kill my browser.

Vanty, your avatar is pretty iconic to be honest. I'm morbidly curious about this website, but I'm guessing it's not active any more? Or do you just now know if it is?

http://badkpopscreenshots.tumblr.com/

JKTrix

Welp, just saw a pic of Hyoyeon in the Kissing You MV. Time to go cleanse my eyes.
This made me curious about you guys' thoughts on a different Soshi preference list.

Of each of the 9, who did you prefer more 'then', who do you prefer more 'now'? Who has pretty much stayed the same? I have no specific 'transition' date in mind, but I think it might be safe to say the 2 primary 'eras' are Before The Boys/Japan and After The Boys/Japan. Feel free to get specific. I'll try to keep mine simple. Guess who has the biggest paragraph.

Liked Better 'Then':

Hyoyeon - What can I say, I think the Angry Latina look worked for her better than the bleached look she's had for the last few years.

Tiffany - Cute short hair got me into K-pop.

Sunny - Getting back up there now, though.

Taeyeon - When they were less busy conquering the world, she was the best on those radio shows and variety programs. I always prefer her with dark hair.

Like Better 'Now':

Jessica - Probably the biggest 'jumper' on my list. Didn't care much for her at all until the girls' appearance on Running Man.

Seohyun - My favourite K-pop idol. Unlike Jessica who I actually didn't like, Seo was just kind of under the radar until a few years ago. When I started to take notice of her, I saw how awesome and baffling she is. What makes her my favourite is really what she does off of the music stage. While she lacks stage charisma compared to many other entertainers, she's overflowing in honor, warmth, good sense and all kinds of other platitudes. To cut this essay short, just know my admiration of her goes much further than her looks or talent. It almost makes no sense that someone like her is an 'idol', but she utilizes her fame to make an impact more often than a lot of people I've seen in her position, in her country, at her age. She's awesome.

Yuri - Like aging wine.

Stayed the Same:
Yoona
SooYoung

Not much to say about those two, Yoona's looked the same since she was like 9 or something and neither of them seem to have changed much over the years.

For me, Taeyeon and Yuri were close to being in the 'stayed the same' category, anathematic periods aside, but had enough going for them in their respective Period of Preference to nudge them on that side of the list.

Ym1r

It was all about dat fany in the ITNW video, the short hair and the eye smile was what did it for me.

I watched everything soshi only for fany, but eventually liked the other members too. I'll go in order I guess.

Taeyeon, well I can't really say much but dork and taeny, so shes my #2 in soshi.

Jess, dat gurl so lazy and is realest

Yoona, shes good looking I guess, thats really about it.

Seohyun, shes been looking good as of late, but still a damn robot, I enjoyed watching her WGM though.

Yuri, meh shes looked the same for a long time but at least shes got nice phat legs and butt, none of that skinny thing again pls.

Sunny, shes gradually recovering from the boys hair, looking much better now, nice melons too.

Hyoyeon, I don't like her voice, she was really ugly for the longest time, but shes actually looking decent now.

Sooyoung, can I feed her a hamburger or something?

My list stayed the same forever except hyoyeon moved up one spot and sooyoung down one during the boys

Liked better 'then':

Hyogre - she seemed chill as hell, and probably still is, but she just seems like your standard fare compared to the other 6.

Syoung - same as Hyogre, her shikshin habits was awesome but these days, she's kinda meh.

Yoong - pretty as hell back then, still is, but I never really saw her appeal.

Liked better 'now':

Sica - her don't give a flying fnck attitude won me over lol.

Seobby - ohmyohmy. she grew up and turned into this surprisingly awesome
robot
girl that's really down to earth and beautiful.

Sunkyu - Sunny melons... I think that's all I gotta say.

Stayed the same:

Yuri - the gal that got me into Soshi. Beautiful before and still is today, dem legs and of course kkab yul is fantastic.

Fany - Yuri might've gotten me in Soshi but Fany made me stay. I still need to rob a jewelry store in GTA5 so I'll keep it short, but she's a lot like Seobby without the awkwardness. Heck I actually think Fany was one of Seobby's role models. They don't act the same but their personalities are quite similar.

Taeng - dorkiest member? Dorkiest member.

Niks

That Baby G photo shoot is so good. The styling for those pics is better than anything they've had for the last tour or album. Seriously, next comeback, just look like that. It'll be perfect (as long as the songs are good. Fingers crossed.)

My thoughts exactly.
They look great already, why does SM feel the need to dress them up in tin foil clothes is beyond me.

My waifu with the legendary pianist Yiruma - Higher.

Dunno if it's supposed to be a single or whatever, but it's a fantastic song.

My only complaint is that Yiruma is underutilized, if not never utilized at all. I guess he might've composed the song, but the piano part practically disappears as soon as the chorus hits lol.

Also, song seems to be mixed or mastered terribly. 320kbps MP3 and according to iTunes Sound Check, iTunes has to reduce the dB levels by -12.1dB... that's not necessarily bad but I'm getting some artifacts on my Sony MDR-V6's and I use these 'phones to mix and master my own music.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sohyun just announced she will be doing solo activities this year. I hope it's not just some drama role or OST ballad. She is bestminute and it has been completely obvious since Mirror Mirror.

giri

Sohyun just announced she will be doing solo activities this year. I hope it's not just some drama role or OST ballad. She is bestminute and it has been completely obvious since Mirror Mirror.

Yeah, she's not even top 2.

2yoon > *

RubyFaith

Non-Sohyun fans can zip it.

Always here for anything Sohyun. Even with its massive potential flop status.

But anyway, I came in here to stay that BTS is the coolest male rookie group this year. They remind me of BAP's debut days~

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought BTS seemed to be blatantly copying 2PM's early days. However, yes, they do seem to actually have talent. I mean first off, you can actually hear them, so they are better then half of male rookies. Then they are on pitch, so they are better than 90% of rookies. Then they also seem to have coordination and energy/charisma that doesn't come off like 14 year olds trying to be action movie heroes (sorry BAP) so they are the best. It's a rather "big fish in little pond" sort of achievement, but they are in fact acceptable. That said, "RAP MONSTER" LMAO.

luso

...y'all aren't big on quoting images up in here, huh?
My bad, but it was only a few pics. Besides that, they are Jung sisters!

They even cry for me!

About soshi, I remember them in the debut time before they went off my radar. Looking at 9 equally dressed girls the ones who grabbed my attention then were Sooyoung and Sunny, to be the tallest/shorter/aegyo master was a factor of differentiation I guess.

When I pick up again it was Gee time and then it was all about Fany, all that energy and sympathy took me over. She was and still is that bubbly girl.

Taeyeon came later sometime in 2010, probably after watching radio and Oh! and Run Devil Run. Great MC. She changed between Japan debut and The Boys, she seems more ladylike and can pull out sexiness but still is the kid leader .

Sooyoung, also loved her, great on variety, now has less chances to shine and she could be less thin, she changed something in summer 2010 but she's "crazy" as always.

Sunny, I only knew about her more with IY1 and after Genie she grabbed my attention. That horrible hair took its toll. She's great on variety and had always a great body.

Seohyun only bloomed by the time of TTS, I think she was also started going to colleague at that time, before that she was so proper that could make you frustrated, now is less awkward but in our minds still is the Keroro OST lover. Oftern under appreciated.

Hyoyeon, always looked a different group member. I was mostly indifferent and she only had her time lately on varieties shows. Now is ok.

Jessica and Yuri were the last to grasp, I guess Jessica's personality was a little hard to get by, the Ice Princess, now I don't see her like that but is not quite my type.

Yuri is the best when she's allowed to release her dorkiness, otherwise she is a little bland, mainly in interviews. Back then she was off my radar, after Hoot (and the dark days) she went to a fine young lady.

Yoona I agree she also didn't changed much, other members says she is a tomboy since forever but she's one of the nicest members.

To Japan, I hope also for some Galaxy Supernove performance.
Go home, Sooyoung, you're drunk.

Promo for the jeans brand. Need HQ.

Chuseok time
i0MKALNBjufHN.jpg

i77xPd6bZnhEz.jpg

izAZUvDIE175z.jpg

vanty

The only big changes in my rankings from early days of SNSD which for me is around Hello Baby times to now is Tiffany went from top three (yeah that's right) to eighth and Seohyun went from unnoticed to second.

RubyFaith

I thought BTS seemed to be blatantly copying 2PM's early days. However, yes, they do seem to actually have talent. I mean first off, you can actually hear them, so they are better then half of male rookies. Then they are on pitch, so they are better than 90% of rookies. Then they also seem to have coordination and energy/charisma that doesn't come off like 14 year olds trying to be action movie heroes (sorry BAP) so they are the best. It's a rather "big fish in little pond" sort of achievement, but they are in fact acceptable. That said, "RAP MONSTER" LMAO.

Rap Monster is one of the biggest reasons why I ignored them at first, name alone, but he's a pretty decent rapper. Kinda ignorant as well but what Korean idol isn't?

BTS are still on the wankster-ish side but it isn't overwhelming. Since all kpop groups eventually transition into their "mature" image, BTS will be interesting to see grow. I like their songs because they're fun to work out to.

No No Eul

Jung goodies

@___@

JYPE's plans for the next year or so:
Q4 2013
2PM mini album
Sunmi mini album
Miss A full album
Boyband 1 single

Q1 2014
15& single
Boyband 2 mini album
Girlband single

Q2 2014
2PM full album
Baek Ah Yeon single
Sunmi single
Boyband 1 mini album

Q3 2014
Miss A mini album
15& mini album
Boyband 2 mini album
Girlband mini album

Q4 2014
Baek Ah Yeon mini album
Sunmi full album
Boyband 1 full album

So Miss A's comeback isn't too far off. Also, three new groups in the next two quarters.

^Crayon Pop wearing a hanbok tracksuit
Joflpxz.jpg

SM posted Super Junior's European tour dates:

Wembley Arena @ London, United Kingdom - 13th December 2013

Palais Omnisports de Paris Bercy @ Paris, France - 15th December 2013

Palau Sant Jordi @ Barcelona, Spain - 18th December 2013

Mediolanum Forum @ Milan, Italy - 20th December 2013

Max-Schmeling Halle @ Berlin, Germany - 22nd December 2013

I know they're really popular, but do they really expect to sell out that many arena dates across Europe? Bigbang's European tour was two dates at the Wembley Arena in England, but they only sold out the first date.

Top Bottom