• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Fafnir

This made me curious about you guys' thoughts on a different Soshi preference list.

Of each of the 9, who did you prefer more 'then', who do you prefer more 'now'? Who has pretty much stayed the same? I have no specific 'transition' date in mind, but I think it might be safe to say the 2 primary 'eras' are Before The Boys/Japan and After The Boys/Japan. Feel free to get specific. I'll try to keep mine simple. Guess who has the biggest paragraph.

My Soshi rankings.

1. Taeyeon
2. Sunny
3. Tiffany
4. Seohyun
5. Sooyoung
6. Yuri
7. Yoona
8. Jessica
9. Hyoyeon

Stayed the same.
Taeyeon - #1 forever.
Sunny - Sunny is just a baller. Knows how to act on TV and always kills it whenever she is solo Soshi on a show.
Jessica - Too Icey for me. Absolutely fails whenever she is solo Soshi on TV.
Hyoyeon - Just not my type. She is the complete opposite of Sunny, awkward on camera but the mood maker when the camera is off.

Prefer more now.
Seohyun - Maknae has really grown up to be such a lady. TaeTiSeo broke her out of her shell.
Sooyoung - The longer the hair the better she be looking. Also her personality shines more ever since she started doing Midnight Entertainment.

Prefer back then.
Tiffany - Only really prefer her Onion Fany hair because I like short hair on girls.
Yuri - She only dropped ranking because Seohyun and Sooyoung stepped up their game. Waiting on her movie.
Yoona - Gorgeous and fun personality but does nothing for me. She should always be #5 in the middle.

Loci

Sup NeoGAF, longtime lurker here dropping by.

Obligatory Soshi rankings
even though it feels like everyone should move on to greater goods a.k.a Nine Muses<3

1 - Taeyeon
2 - Yoona
3 - Seohyun

4 - Sunny
5 - Jessica
6 - Yuri
7 - Tiffany (used to be top three during debut time, dat eyesmile, but she's lost her charms)
8 - Sooyoung
9 - Hyoyeon

And since Nari seems to get quite popular around here, here's some treat.

Tlw4qyL.jpg

Click for more

neoism

I've posted my list a few times it was really different when I first started following SNSD...
  1. Yuri
  2. Fany
  3. Taeyeon
  4. Sunny
  5. Yoona
  6. Seo
  7. Hyo
  8. Soo
  9. Jess
but after watching shows al of last year on youttube and getting to "know" them better it changed....
  1. Taeyeon pretty much the only reason I still like them and care about the group 1# for lif
  2. Fany <3
  3. Yuri
  4. Sunny
  5. Yoona
  6. Hyo
  7. Jess...
  8. Soo
  9. Seo
Funny thing about Seo.. lol I had a dream about her last night :( WHY cant I dream about Tae... She was sitting on a couch and I was having a conversation with her in Korean Can't really remember what we talked about though. But man it was weird her talking in Korean and me too and understanding it...

even though it feels like everyone should move on to greater goods a.k.a Nine Muses<3

1 - Taeyeon
2 - Yoona
3 - Seohyun

4 - Sunny
5 - Jessica
6 - Yuri
7 - Tiffany (used to be top three during debut time, dat eyesmile, but she's lost her charms)
8 - Sooyoung
9 - Hyoyeon

And since Nari seems to get quite popular around here, here's some treat.

LOL just don't understand NM they have decent music but non of them look like anything special or memorable they aint no greater goods than SNSD :p

@_@ my chest DAMMMN Nari is hot.. <3 <3 <3 <3 those shorts...

Eldren

Ooh, looking forward to Miss A and Nine Muses comebacks! Block B should be around that time too, right? I only really like Nilili Mambo and Nalina from them (although No Joke is pretty good) so hopefully it's closer to that style. I can never get into boy band ballad-y type songs.
-----

My current Soshi ranking is:

1 - Hyoyeon
2 - Yuri
3 - Sunny
4 - Seohyun
5 - Taeyeon
6 - Sooyoung
7 - Yoona
8 - Jessica
9 - Tiffany

It hasn't changed too much.

- Hyo's personality outweighed all those crappy hairstyles pre-The Boys, so now that she has an actual decent cut and colour, she's locked at the top. Her sense of humour is absolutely perfect and she's looked so good since The Boys.

- Yuri dropped a bit during That Era We Don't Like To Talk About, but now she looks much healthier and she's back to her lovable goofy self.

- Sunny has always been cool, but her IGAB hair knocked her down a bit. I couldn't help but think she looked like she was kind of uncomfortable. Her new hair lends her an air of maturity which actually goes really well with her personality, I feel, and she seems happier which is why she's back up.

- Seohyun climbed a lot. Since The Boys she seems to have gained a lot of confidence, and TTS especially brought her out of her shell. I love that she puts so much effort into everything. You watch them perform live and she nails the choreography and her lines, but she's not afraid to cut loose and have fun with fans.

- Taeyeon has probably stayed around the same. She can be really fun but I find she tends to lapse into periods of being boring. You see photos of her from concerts, like Flying Petals etc, and she looks amazing, but I don't find her very interesting to watch. She was great on the radio though.

- Sooyoung fluctuates. I like her personality but she's so thin, it kind of makes me a little uncomfortable. Hopefully this next comeback is good to her. She's been getting a lot of lines in their latest Japanese singles so maybe we'll get a Sooyoung-led era instead of the usual faces. It'd be nice to see her leading a lot of interviews and whatnot.

- Yoona hasn't really changed much, and I mean that in terms of both her ranking and her as a person. She's kind of boring and I never find myself wanting to know more about her. She's pretty but that's not enough to compensate for the fact that I find it hard to care about her. I don't dislike her, not at all, I'm just a bit apathetic.

- Jessica has been looking great for the last few years (especially compared to that baffling haircut she had during their early years) but I'm just not a fan of her. I don't really like her voice, I don't like watching her perform live, I don't feel compelled to check out any of her solo activities. She's not offensive or anything, I just...don't really care for her.

- Tiffany has fallen the farthest. She was so cute during their early years and she seemed really fun, but now I just straight up don't like her. She's pretty but I just find her, I dunno, obnoxious. I don't like her voice, everytime she does the "[somewhere], put it back on" in Genie performances I can feel my skin crawl. Watching fancams from the latest concert makes me dislike her even more, because she put in a shockingly lazy performance.

Well, I probably put too much thought into that, but it was quite fun properly typing up my feelings.

i4azpQPldzipc.gif

Pendulum

You. I like you.

------

Yura said:

FYI - Sojin is in this week's episode of Reckless Family (Yura's weekly show).

------

Sera said:

(Speaking of Sera and shorts)

Hyuna and Kyungri said:

Hyemi said:

Hyemi said:

Erin and Eunji said:

Erin said:

roaSone

Yo! been away for a while, what did I miss? I listened to Soshi's b-side track which I love, Ailee's song and that's all. Anything else worth listening?

Eldren

Yo! been away for a while, what did I miss? I listened to Soshi's b-side track which I love, Ailee's song and that's all. Anything else worth listening?

Do you like G.I.? Since it was linked here a while back I've been listening to their new song constantly.

[MV] GI(&#51648;&#50500;&#51060;) - Booshit(&#48869;&#52824;&#51648;&#47560;) (Feat. Dok2)

The MV is super low budget but kind of endearing, in a way? They're just dancing in a box, but it's not even a colourful box or even one with visible walls. Either way, the song is catchy as hell. I love this bit:

igLBMEwWq9DMM.gif

(Look at this GifCam ugliness.)

Listening to A-Pinkeu's NoNoNo on iTunes Radio in iOS7, now it's playing Mr. Taxi haha.

I'm not gonna lie, this is fncking awesome lol.

ramyeon

Can someone translate this for me. A friend sent it

"&#54592;&#52824;&#50640; &#49332;&#50500;&#50668;"

Thanks!
"I live in Finch". That's how I'd generally write &#54592;&#52824; in English characters anyway. It's an English place name written in Korean characters.

jokkir

"I live in Finch". That's how I'd generally write &#54592;&#52824; in English characters anyway. It's an English place name written in Korean characters.

Yeah, got it. I didn't realize the first word said "Finch". Thought it was a Korean word lol -__-

Thanks!

Selane

Apparently Gaeun's new face is more aerodynamic than her old one, because she retook her 100m title from Jisoo at the IAC. Actually fake Yoonjo from Wassup took second with Dice's waifu in third.

Eldren

I love this song off the album. I didn't know it had an MV, but...I guess it's not much of one lol. Dok2 always delivers when he is featured.

Haha yeah the MV is pretty, er...basic. I kinda like it though! I though the text overlay while they're dancing is pretty cool. Their record label is pretty small though, right? So I guess it makes sense. I hadn't actually heard of Dok2 but I like his voice and his verse is great.

/wants to imput soshi ranking/
Because it changed again

1. Hyoyeon.
2. Tiffany
3. Taeyeon
4. Yuri

5. Yoona

i85WBy5C4YSpv.gif

What taste you have.

-----

130919 Miss A - Good-bye Baby @ MBC Incheon Korean Music Wave 2013 This feels like a weird performance. Why is nobody singing for like half of each verse? How odd. They look and sound great though, and it's getting me excited for the approaching comeback.

-----

Soshi interviewed on a Japanese variety show. A bit awkward (the host is kind of creepy...) but it's nice hearing Sooyoung and Seohyun's fluent Japanese again. They looks so pretty as well. Taeyeon and Sunny don't say a word for some reason.

But most importantly:

i2QhBXsnRXbUG.gif

Pendulum

PSA - There's videos of the Incheon Korean Music Wave 2013 now floating around
so many dude acts
Also Idol Athletics.

Edit: Ah, I see Eldren already mentioned one of the performances.

Eldren

PSA - There's videos of the Incheon Korean Music Wave 2013 now floating around
so many dude acts
Also Idol Athletics.

Edit: Ah, I see Eldren already mentioned one of the performances.

I didn't even realise there was another Music Wave this week, I just saw that video on Twitter and thought people here might be interested. I probably should have dug a little deeper to find some more videos. Do you know who else performed?

Pendulum

I didn't even realise there was another Music Wave this week, I just saw that video on Twitter and thought people here might be interested. I probably should have dug a little deeper to find some more videos. Do you know who else performed?

Stealing a list rather going from memory - 2AM, A-JAX, B.A.P, BTOB, EXO, F.T. Island, miss A, ZE:A, Girl's Day, BTS, B2ST, Boyfriend, Girls' Generation, Super Junior, SECRET, SISTAR, MBLAQ, KARA, T-ara, and TEEN TOP

Eldren

Stealing a list rather going from memory - 2AM, A-JAX, B.A.P, BTOB, EXO, F.T. Island, miss A, ZE:A, Girl's Day, BTS, B2ST, Boyfriend, Girls' Generation, Super Junior, SECRET, SISTAR, MBLAQ, KARA, T-ara, and TEEN TOP

...that is a lot of dude acts. Looks like a pretty good line-up though. Hopefully we get some good footage out of it.

I need to start listening to boy bands properly. Out of all of those, I only like EXO, and even then only EXO-K
I like Chanyeol, and Kris looks like a douchebag
and even then only their first album. Which is a shame because I have a feeling they'll only perform Wolf and Growl at most concerts these days, one of which is utter filth.

Out of that list, are any of those boy bands worth checking out?

Top Bottom