• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

NyoRx

Eunji or the maknae is probably #1 Muses for me.

Well said
tumblr_mtih48XCwb1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

Sera's face is off-putting to me. She's pretty, don't get me wrong, but I can't stare at her for more than 3 seconds without an ominous feeling coming over me.

Eunji or the maknae is probably #1 Muses for me.

I can only describe Sera's face as "always looking like she's up to no good". She's always got a bit of a mischievous look on her face for some reason. I can't help but love her, though. She's not my actual #1 (that'd be Kyungri), but still, Sera's great.

They're all pretty good top to bottom. Introductions should start to include Nine Muses rankings instead of/in addition to SNSD rankings. No? Anybody? Guess I'll just settle for more maknae then...

ibpNoLjLOUGKx7.gif

Guys that new girl in We Got Married, Jung Yoomi is really cute! I'm suprised how she looks much younger than her age too. They're funny together too, with the rock kid that is!
I thought the show was gonna get boring once the other couples left but I think it's actually better now, at least with the addition of the Jung couple (not really interested with the other new couple).

ramyeon

Guys that new girl in We Got Married, Jung Yoomi is really cute! I'm suprised how she looks much younger than her age too. They're funny together too, with the rock kid that is!
I thought the show was gonna get boring once the other couples left but I think it's actually better now, at least with the addition of the Jung couple (not really interested with the other new couple).
I can't believe this show is still airing and people still watch it. I watched it briefly when it first started in 2008 but it was so boring after the first round of guests.

Well most of the couples are just boring I usually skip them, but I like watching it if I find a couple that is entertaining or interesting.
How about the SNSD couples, when they were on you guys didn't watch them?
I watched Seohyun when she was on, I thought it was interesting. I skipped the other couples that were on at the time though.

Edit: Plus this Jung Yoomi girl is cute, she kinda looks similar to Lee Min Jeong.

Ym1r

Taemin and Naeun are really cute together too, I hope they go longer than the other two couples did. As for the new couples, I like them both. Jung Yoomi is really cute, it's so nice to see her like that, instead of evil like in Rooftop Prince. It's nice to see them be exact opposites of each other, the guy likes indoors and games, whereas Yoomi likes the outdoors and sports, I like where it's headed, going to be entertaining. The other two, I don't really know them both, but they look sweet together, Lee So Yeon would probably look better with her hair down tho.

RubyFaith

Nearly every girl group I like had a disappointing comeback (except for miss A). Not even my favorite nugus could make me speak proudly about them, although Crayon Pop /did/ hit it big.

On that note, I never wanted them to go big this way this fast. This half-assed Psy like way. I wanted them to become the next big thing in 2015 when people were officially tired of SNSD and their melting faces due to global warming.

The bandwagon is also annoying.
Dokish and I were the only real fans #tbh.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
And album trackist http://www.melon.com/cds/musicstory...ID=21&MESSAGE_ID=8364688&MAIN=MAIN_TODAY_TD_2

Disappointing.. a total of one track + one bonus track composed by her. It'll be the same old mess then, full of composers doing semi-tasteful muzak for her with a few highlights in between. I'm sure the Kim Eana+Minsoo track will be good but besides that, ehh..

If at least 50% of it isn't composed by IU herself, after all this time, I give up on LOEN.
LOEN ㅠㅠ

No No Eul

The bandwagon is also annoying.
Dokish and I were the only real fans #tbh.

Kuno's 2012 Kpop-GAF Awards:
Kuno said:
Tier 1 Rookie group of the Year
These rookies have made a big splash this year, or were Kpop-GAF favorites. Choose one!

1. Crayon Pop (19 votes)
2. SPICA (9 votes)
3. EXID (8 votes)
4. Hello Venus (5 votes)
5. AoA (3 votes)
6. FIESTAR (2 votes)
7. D-UNIT (1 vote)
7. The Seeya (1 vote)
9. GLAM (0 votes)

Kuno's comment said:
No surprise that Kpop-GAF darlings Crayon Pop took this category handily. SPICA and EXID surprisingly beat Hello Venus, who are GAF faves as well.

Dokish's reply:
Dokish said:
Great poll results except rookie group. Come on, Hello Vênus is #1

No No Eul

I can't believe this show is still airing and people still watch it. I watched it briefly when it first started in 2008 but it was so boring after the first round of guests.

But obviously the cast keeps changing and presumably the addition of each new couple brings in new viewers. With Taemin on the show, there must be a boatload of Shinee fans watching at the moment, and who doesn't want to watch their faves engaging in a bit of variety TV?

Loci

The worst thing about WGM is that there never actually HAPPENS ANYTHING.

How can you be dating for up to one year and yet never make a real move.
How sexually oppressed can you get. I guess fangirls would start a riot if there Oppars were ever to show some real intention.

----

Hyuna having some diligent fans.
Gotta get me one of those calenders, for sure.

luso

The show is scripted, they aren't supposed to "take a move" unless told.
About behind the cameras, that is another story.

Stonehenge photoshoot:

tumblr_mtkxnxiFa01qjnoe5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxnxiFa01qjnoe5o2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxnxiFa01qjnoe5o3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxjzCuwk1sewbc1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxjzCuwk1sewbc1o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxrqwQX71qjnoe5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxrqwQX71qjnoe5o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxrqwQX71qjnoe5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtkxjzCuwk1sewbc1o3_1280.jpg

JustinBB7

Crayon Pop hasn't been on Running Man yet have they? Neither has PSY right? Are there any reasons for this contract wise or just hasn't come up yet?

Pendulum

I hadn't been paying too much attention to news of IU's new album as I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I like this.

Ah, pity. Was hoping for something more along the lines of Nilriri Mambo or No Joke.

Crayon Pop hasn't been on Running Man yet have they? Neither has PSY right? Are there any reasons for this contract wise or just hasn't come up yet?

Neither have. Running Man tends to get established acts/people on, so I can understand why Crayon Pop might not be invited yet (e.g. 2NE1 just had their first appearance this year for example). Not sure the reason for PSY, though he has been on Infinite Challenge with Jaesuk and Haha.

----

Slingshots, how do they work?

tumblr_mti57kvcSN1s63bhjo3_250.gif
tumblr_mti57kvcSN1s63bhjo4_250.gif

tumblr_mti57kvcSN1s63bhjo1_250.gif
tumblr_mti57kvcSN1s63bhjo2_250.gif

----

The 3 ex-Muses - Jaekyung, Rana, Bini - filming something with Jay Park.

tumblr_mtjurlLAGZ1qkljdfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtjusni1mz1qkljdfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtjun9H8Lp1qkljdfo1_500.jpg

JustinBB7

Neither have. Running Man tends to get established acts/people on, so I can understand why Crayon Pop might not be invited yet (e.g. 2NE1 just had their first appearance this year for example). Not sure the reason for PSY, though he has been on Infinite Challenge with Jaesuk and Haha

Yea I just saw the 2NE1 ep last week. So I can get Crayon Pop. PSY though has been close to Jaesuk and Haha so I was wondering why he hasn't been on there yet. Maybe with his new album that is coming out. That's coming next month right?

Cuddler

[Fancam] 2BiC - 사랑하고있습니다 - 콘서트필2
First time that they did this song live, and first time that you guys can listen to this song, it's the ost of Good Doctor and it's really a great ballad! I really can't wait to see the entire episode of 콘서트필2. In other news 2BiC did an interview on Arirang Radio Sound K that was really great and had some interesting news about them. they will have a concert in Japan in the middle of October and a new mini Album out at the end of October/start of November.
I finally got my account validated. It takes wayy too long.
Just got my account validated the other day. I've been following the K-Pop threads for a while now.
Welcome!
Out of that list, are any of those boy bands worth checking out?
Not in that list, and that's probably why everyone seems to have forgotten about them, but you should probably try to listen to Infinite too.
I actually don't know much about them, I've only listened to them in some of the last year awards show, the song is called "The Chaser", and a lot of people like them here if I remember correctly.

How sexually oppressed can you get. I guess fangirls would start a riot if there Oppars were ever to show some real intention.
People that watch WGM just want to see platonic love.
I guess

In other news, I just noticed that there is a Korean drama on air in Italy, is dubbed in Italian and the name is "Dream High". It is on air on a channel called "Super!" that mostly show cartoon and teenage show (and Detective Conan which is the only reason why I watch the channel). I'm really surprised by this, I never expected a Korean drama to be on air on an Italian channel.

ryan-ts

The IRC group watched Dream High a while ago. If they had cast someone other than Suzy it could have been great.

I really hope Orange Caramel is working on a new song, it's been a year. I need some more jams.

ramyeon

But obviously the cast keeps changing and presumably the addition of each new couple brings in new viewers. With Taemin on the show, there must be a boatload of Shinee fans watching at the moment, and who doesn't want to watch their faves engaging in a bit of variety TV?
There's good variety and then there's WGM. I'm sorry, but it's boring as hell.

It's not real.

Eldren

Not in that list, and that's probably why everyone seems to have forgotten about them, but you should probably try to listen to Infinite too.
I actually don't know much about them, I've only listened to them in some of the last year awards show, the song is called "The Chaser", and a lot of people like them here if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the recommendation, Cuddler. I knew there was a boy band I was forgetting.

-----

That Block B track was disappointing. Have to agree with Pendulum, I was definitely hoping for something closer to Nalina/No Joke/Nillili Mambo. Hopefully the next single will be a step in the right direction.

-----

Sungah said:
tumblr_mtk5d8SIwt1qfssjlo1_500.jpg

긴휴일끝 이제 back to 일상:p 힘내요 고마워요♥

Erin said:
tumblr_mtk5a5vNsO1qfssjlo1_500.png

대낮부터 취하고싶구나.아오ㅋ

Nine Muses seem like they'd be pretty fun to hang out with.

Cuddler

The IRC group watched Dream High a while ago. If they had cast someone other than Suzy it could have been great.
I actually watched the today episode and I think this drama isn't really for me. The target audience seems way younger than me. Anyway IU singed well in this episode, but I guess that is not surprising. But I don't really understand her character so much, was she supposed to be overweight and ugly? Because she was clearly not really overweight, not to mention that anyone knows her and knows that she is not overweight or ugly. I thought, how about casting a girl that is really overweight/ugly and that can sing well??? But by the end of this episode, she basically decided to loose all the weight because without that it was impossible for her to be loved by the guy that she likes and because it was impossible for her to become a popular singer while being overweight and/or ugly. I guess that's not a message that I really like.
Thanks for the recommendation, Cuddler. I knew there was a boy band I was forgetting.
;)

JKTrix

I guess that's not a message that I really like.
They deal with that later in the show. For a cast made up almost entirely of idols, it was pretty good. It could have been worse (see: Dream High 2).

Erin (Nine Muses #1) kind of looks like Seohyun in that pic earlier in the page.

Conceptor

Time to start the hype train for the T-ara comeback we've all been waiting for.

edited for clearer but more horridly watermarked TSN versions
@_____@ brand im so hype!!!

Nine Muses filmed their comeback MV GET HYPED.
+hype!!! another 9M fan! I don't recognize you (my posting habits died hard a few threads ago so I apologize) but welcome!

Edit: WOAH! so LEON are making SSD Tiger the CEO of an entirely new label! Fiestar and Zia are moving from LEON to his new label

Top Bottom