• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

How lewd do the conversations get that y'all have to scurry back to your little IRC cave every single time? This is something I've been wondering for some time now.

The past few OT's seem like an afterthought as far as 90% of the convos being done outside of it. Seems counter intuitive to me.

I'm sure theres things beyond the usual DNROG material, but I haven't heard a forthright explanation from anyone yet.

LOL.

Think of it this way, IRC is a lot like Twitter in that it's the place to be to find out the latest and greatest releases, scandals or what have you. No need to troll r/K-Pop, Soompi, AKP, or whatever... someone's gonna post it there the moment it gets out. And of course, it being basically a group chat, most people tend to shoot the shit over whatever they want.

This OT/thread itself is similar to a blog/longform post where the real discussion takes place and stays for posterity.

Even then, not a lot of people get on IRC anyway... just the real active members, a few brave lurkers, and the occasional celebrity or two lol.

Pendulum

Lol I thought Ym1r was mocking you or something... I didn't even know you too were in exile haha.

Ah, I see. I thought you had gone all amnesic on me.

----

The producer for the final Unpretty Rapstar track has been leaked -
MC Mong. Perfect mix of current hit song making and controversy for the show

----

Joyri playing around to f(x)'s "Step", Seulgi working for PreCrime.
p19h8f1f0q101p1p891iq114ov3282.jpg
p19h8f1f0q1itj10vt19cgon3arv3.jpg

p19h8f1f0r1jvps79fgh152t1nqq8.jpg
p19h8f1f0rige9l6nmr1odo1ong9.jpg

p19h8f1f0ri5t1boc1hjpq3j1547a.jpg
p19h8f1f0r16g22eqhl21set13enb.jpg

p19h8f1f0rcec1nokk812vj13ggd.jpg

p19h8f1f0qvm81rok118j18prtlc4.jpg
p19h8f1f0r5ek8mm1ffm1rdg9ooe.jpg

p19h8f1f0raqe7orq818e310j77.jpg
p19h8f1f0rf001n3r7ha71dtbpc.jpg

llehuty

KARA(카라) サマー☆ジック(SUMMER☆GIC) (Radio rip)

So good.

Mamamoo comeback next week.

소나무(SONAMOO) - 가는거야(Just Go) M/V
Meh

Pathcode #BAEKHYUN
Relevant because of El Dorado instrumental.

HOTSHOT (핫샷) - Midnight Sun MV
A bit generic electro-pop, but decent.

Dahye in our wedding said:
Whole set

tumblr_mptr46leA21sust40o1_250.gif

Pls, no.

How lewd do the conversations get that y'all have to scurry back to your little IRC cave every single time? This is something I've been wondering for some time now.

The past few OT's seem like an afterthought as far as 90% of the convos being done outside of it. Seems counter intuitive to me.

I'm sure theres things beyond the usual DNROG material, but I haven't heard a forthright explanation from anyone yet.

irc and the thread are different things and have different purposes as jongkookie said. I like irc because it's a more relaxed place and naturally can become quite offtopic and gives a more personal feeling. It's also a safe place to critique manback without having every single sone jumping at my throat.
Being kicked out by milkham is not that annoying.

You should be thankful that irc exits, that way I don't post every single sungah pic here or the amazing k-pop covers that are not for everyone.

*In china. Not even them look very excited, lol.

Crayon Pop-FM Choreography version released before the actual MV! There is a dance cover contest too.
https://youtu.be/T4C0jPD9C2c
I was so hyped for this, but everything falls flat IMO. Song, choreography,... at least the concept is fun. Bing Bing still their only relevant release

Pendulum

Listened to the 4th and final song on the Primary & Oh Hyuk mini (not sure if an MV is being made for it). Definitely my favourite mini of the 1st quarter of 2015.

Ym1r

ROFL dice turning into a huge baby because he can't take any of his own medicine and actually sucks at games.

Thanks for banning me from IRC.

Why is it every time you argue something, your position is always right?

I just proved that you could solo carry a bot game, and not lose it and all you had to do was abuse the fact that the bots literally don't hit you back.

How to play games like dice:

Step 1) get lost in world of warcraft because you can't read the easiest map layout ever.

Step 2) call everybody in cs:go cheaters because they have good aim and game sense (but they can't possibly because you are world class level unreal player and know what twitch aiming looks like)

Step 3) pretend u have high competitive level knowledge in games you play even though you really don't.

Step 4) lose a heroes of the storm bot game. LOL??? (blame 4 other people even though it may have been you that actually sucked)

remember that conversation we had about dota where you thought you control the minions?? LOL. I even explained the entire concept of the minions, and your ability to indirectly control the minions, yet you still sat there with your OWN vision of the game just like we did about that hots game where I told you, you could have had a different outcome if you played it differently even if your team was full retard.

I don't lose against bots, and generally its my philosophy that I don't teach people how to play games, but for you, I'll make an exception. If you need some tips bro, feel free to ask.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ROFL dice turning into a huge baby because he can't take any of his own medicine and actually sucks at games.

Thanks for banning me from IRC.
There is a vital difference. I criticized my teammates whom I actually witnessed do nothing. You are criticizing me for not being good enough to solo carry an entire match (different standards) and also judging my playstyle without witnessing it (arrogant).

Why is it every time you argue something, your position is always right?
You mean like this and the CS game I commented on, which I also witnessed and you did not? Maybe you need to stop acting like you have omniscience regarding every match that was ever played of a game just because you have experience with it.

I just proved that you could solo carry a bot game, and not lose it and all you had to do was abuse the fact that the bots literally don't hit you back.
Again. You didn't prove anything because you were on a different level with a different character and different team. "Was I the best player?" is your sole criteria for proving to yourself that you did literally everything of worth. That is ridiculous and does not show whether or not your team was worthless or whether such efforts would have saved a game in the same circumstances of the match I played.

Step 1) get lost in world of warcraft because you can't read the easiest map layout ever.
I stand by the fact it has the worst map of any game I have ever played.

Step 2) call everybody in cs:go cheaters because they have good aim and game sense (but they can't possibly because you are world class level unreal player and know what twitch aiming looks like)
I have watched plenty of pro games (and this was not even close to pro level btw), and know what is possible and what is not. I did not play that match, I was only watching it, so I had no personal investment.

remember that conversation we had about dota were you thought you control the minions?? LOL.
I literally never said that. I said that by killing the enemy minions faster or slower you can control the pacing of advancement for your own waves. You are the one who misinterpreted it and, like now, would not fucking let it go for 30 fucking minutes even though you had zero basis for talking any shit but your own assumptions.

Ym1r

There is a vital difference. I criticized my teammates whom I actually witnessed do nothing. You are criticizing me for not being good enough to solo carry and entire match and judging my playstyle without witnessing it.

I have to go to bed, because I have class in a few hours, so I'll just answer this.

But you were playing against bots, and you lost against bots. You blamed 4 other people when it's completely possible to solo carry it. At first I wasn't even criticizing your play, but then you said, and I paraphrase "when they push as 5 (the bots) and you're alone defending"

Then I said 1) how do you even let it get to that point. yes it's a team game based on experience gains through all lanes, but you can shove out bots in your lane and prevent them from getting exp and getting a huge level advantage. (PROTIP THEY RARELY HIT YOU BACK)

2) defending 1v5 is completely pointless, and if you see your team isn't defending just go push a lane yourself, and it might draw the bots to you instead.

You're so adamant about your team being bad, but maybe you played it just as bad.

How to win a coop vs AI game in hots:
Shove the lane using AOE skills, and hit the bots as much as possible forcing them out to gain an EXP advantage. Push towers/forts/gates every opportunity possible.

I won 10 minutes in, with highest siege damage, highest hero damage, and nearly highest exp contribution, doing 0 objectives, with guys that let bots take free objectives and sat in their lane not getting any sort of advantage.

Dice

But you were playing against bots, and you lost against bots. You blamed 4 other people when it's completely possible to solo carry it. At first I wasn't even criticizing your play, but then you said, and I paraphrase "when they push as 5 and you're alone defending"
I was Thrall, not a heavy-hitter. It was the desert stage. I can't solo knock out 3 CPU from the laser temple and fight the temple monsters by myself, so the CPU was getting the level objective. If I scare off the other 2 CPU from the lane they are pushing, which is hard to do for long with Thrall, they go get siege and that is a bit much. Meanwhile the other 3 can tare open another lane.

So, by your logic, I am supposed to...
1) Be psychic and know ahead of time that my teammates were never going to come instead of trusting and trying to get their attention or wait at all.
2) Use the not-wasted time to lane push by myself faster than the whole CPU team can with the temple lasers and mercs.

And if I can't do both of those, then I am JUST AS BAD as my teammates who were not making progress on other lanes and not engaging the CPU, and then when there was a big enough fight for them to care about, charge in and get ganked. You're holding very different standards of judgement.

Then I said 1) how do you even let it get to that point. yes it's a team game based on experience gains through all lanes, but you can shove out bots in your lane and prevent them from getting exp and getting a huge level advantage. (PROTIP THEY RARELY HIT YOU BACK)
This is irrelevant because I already explained it even though you keep ignoring it.

2) defending 1v5 is completely pointless, and if you see your team isn't defending just go push a lane yourself, and it might draw the bots to you instead.
As I explained and you ignored, I wasn't hoping to fully stop them myself. If they weren't in my sight, they didn't exist on the map. If I was there behind a gate, I could reveal them on the map and ping them and attack safely. I did manage to kill a couple. That's not enough, but there was no way I was going to be able to solo push a lane faster than they were tearing through to the core, since they already used the laser temples to get rid of the other gates.

You're so adamant about your team being bad, but maybe you played it just as bad.
Again, you are using different standards of judgement. The standard I am saying they failed is "able to work as a team the least bit" and you are using "unable to save an entire game yourself" to say I am "just as bad" as they were. If they didn't suck, they would have made any progress at all on lane pushing while they ignored all these situations. How do I know? From like 50 coop games with obviously new players. I've seen plenty of games where we fought together, and plenty where if we weren't together we all still made progress.

And while you seem to care SO MUCH about me ever judging someone unfairly, you seem perfectly well contented with never dropping your antagonizing when you didn't even see the match. Do us both a favor and just don't even try next time. Your ridiculous theories about what you didn't see and double standards for judgement will never convince me of what I saw with my own eyes.

He brought it here because after him not shutting up about it for 20 minutes and me telling him to drop it, I banned him in chat.

Ym1r

So, by your logic, I am supposed to...
1) Be psychic and know ahead of time that my teammates were never going to come instead of trusting and trying to get their attention or wait at all.
2) Use the not-wasted time to lane push by myself faster than the whole CPU team can with the temple lasers and mercs.

1) Split pushing is never something that you know is going to turn out well 100% of the time. But it exists for a reason, in fact it exists in League of Legends and Dota 2.
2) You sac something you were going to lose anyway, and try to make the best out of the situation

edit: I bolded that because I don't think you understand it.

I based everything off the descriptions you gave, and they are perfectly reasonable courses of action.

The problem with you is that you have such a firm singular belief in a way the game is supposed to be played, it's not only a 5v5 brawl, team vs team. There are many different situations where that is never favorable, and in fact from what you said, given what the other 4 people were doing, it was never going to be favorable to fight 5v5. That's why you analyze your options and take the best course of action. If you thought the best course of action was to defend alone, then you're wrong and you learn from it, and I was telling you this, and you wouldn't listen so I started dicking around with you, and you got all angry rofl.

These are the only things I need to answer in your essay about playing the game, because that's really all you need to know.

Dice

Again, next time just shut the fuck up. I didn't insult the other players in the game so you don't need to worry about their feelings. All that trying to "teach" me about what you didn't see accomplishes is making a fight. All that I have "such a belief" in is that I wasn't going to be able to save that game alone, and we would have won with a team what was even slightly good, like the dozens of other games I played. If you have a standard of "everyone should always be able to solo a coop or else they are all equally bad" then good for you. You don't need to be so relentlessly antagonistic about it. If you want to be Mr. Game Coach for people who never asked your opinion, being a total dick isn't going to be a quality learning experience that ups their game to be more suitable to you.

Edit: Honestly, you seem to take things into an obsessively serious narrative. I was surprised and a bit disappointed I lost that game, enough for it to be worth casually mentioning, but it wasn't that big of a deal and I was moving along. Then you decided to make it a huge deal. Why do you have such a deep need to stir shit and exaggerate importance?

Ym1r

Again, next time just shut the fuck up. I didn't insult the other players in the game so you don't need to worry about their feelings. All that trying to "teach" me about what you didn't see accomplishes is making a fight. All that I have "such a belief" in is that I wasn't going to be able to save that game alone, and we would have won with a team what was even slightly good, like the dozens of other games I played. If you have a standard of "everyone should always be able to solo a coop or else they are all equally bad" then good for you. You don't need to be so relentlessly antagonistic about it. If you want to be Mr. Game Coach for people who never asked your opinion, being a total dick isn't going to be a quality learning experience that ups their game to be more suitable to you.

You came in chat, sighed and said "I lost coop vs ai, my 4 other teammates were doing shit" and I suggested maybe it was you, and you sat there arguing that it could not have been you. That is your problem right there. I suggested you could have done a ton of different things, yet you seem to believe your way of playing is the only right way of playing, that's why I became antagonistic, just like you are when you argue stuff.

Dice said:
Edit: Honestly, you seem to take things into an obsessively serious narrative. I was surprised and a bit disappointed I lost that game, enough for it to be worth casually mentioning, but it wasn't that big of a deal and I was moving along. Then you decided to make it a huge deal. Why do you have such a deep need to stir shit and exaggerate importance?

Because the things I said you could have done, you refuted by saying "it wouldn't have worked," etc. So I went and I did it, then you got angry and banned me. Of course the argument here is that I would have never gotten the same teammates you just did. But I did have a team that gave up nearly all objectives (just like yours) to the bots, and did not push any lane (just like yours). Yet I still managed to solo carry. No I did not EXPECT you to solo carry, especially since you're relatively new to mobas, but I did suggest you weren't pushing your advantages like you should, especially against bots (I don't know how many times I have to say this but they don't hit you back). You kept saying there's nothing you could have done on your team to win, but you can do plenty to win yourself the game, especially against bots.

Dice

You came in chat, sighed and said "I lost coop vs ai, my 4 other teammates were doing shit" and I suggested maybe it was you, and you sat there arguing that it could not have been you. That is your problem right there. I suggested you could have done a ton of different things, yet you seem to believe your way of playing is the only right way of playing, that's why I became antagonistic, just like you are when you argue stuff.
Yes, I said it could not have been me because one person does not lose a match for the entire team, and then you turned it into me being just as bad as them if I couldn't save the game by myself without them. Again, that is two different standards of judgement. You instantly weighted an unreasonable bias against me and did not drop it. Of course I then defended what I thought was reasonable play by simply describing to you what actually happened when you were assuming the worst without having any knowledge of the game. For whatever reason, in your mind that was "being unable to accept other ways of play" rather than defending myself against your ignorant, assumptive antagonizing.

You additionally seemed to invent a lot of new information about how the rest must have gone to serve your preexisting assumptions whenever I would describe one part. I was just trying to play catch-up with this while you tried to say I was being stubborn about learning from your ideas when you had no way of knowing how viable those ideas were in the match I played because you weren't there to see it and were simply imaging much more ideal conditions. For some reason you see it as handwaving good advice, but I see it as knowing what actually happened in the match.

Turns out you aren't omniscient.

Dota ruins lives.
Actually, it is Heroes of the Storm. I have also never had anything but positive interactions with anyone in the entire community until Ym1r. Go figure.

I'm done with this now. No point in trying to further reason with someone hellbent on being unreasonable and trying to twist the narrative.

Ym1r

Yes, I said it could not have been me because one person does not lose a match for the entire team

You really think that?

and then you turned it into me being just as bad as them if I couldn't save the game by myself without them. Again, that is two different standards of judgement. You instantly weighted an unreasonable bias against me and did not drop it.

Because you refuted everything I told you, and basically suggested that what you were doing was 100% correct, and what they were doing was 100% wrong.

Of course I then defended what I thought was reasonable play by simply describing to you what actually happened when you were assuming the worst without having any knowledge of the game. For whatever reason, in your mind that was "being unable to accept other ways of play" rather than defending myself against your ignorant, assumptive antagonizing.

I wasn't in the game but sure enough,with the description you gave me I was suggesting alternatives to your solo vs 5 defense, and how you can even avoid being in that situation in the first place!

You additionally seemed to invent a lot of new information about how the rest must have gone to serve your preexisting assumptions whenever I would describe one part. I was just trying to play catch-up with this while you tried to say I was being stubborn about learning from your ideas when you had no way of knowing how viable those ideas were in the match I played because you weren't there to see it and were simply imaging much more ideal conditions. For some reason you see it as handwaving good advice, but I see it as knowing what actually happened in the match.

Turns out you aren't omniscient.

The problem is, no matter what the fuck you say here, even if I have no knowledge of what the fuck is going on, there is no way in hell anybody would think a 1v5 defense is a good thing unless you're insanely ahead (which you clearly weren't) and can take them all. Which is why I told you, split pushing is a much better alternative, but you can't seem to get your head around that concept.

So yeah, split pushing is a much more viable idea than your 1v5 given the circumstances.

By the way, if you couldn't tell, I was pretending to be you and arguing absolutes but I guess even you can't take you.

Dice

Yes, just keep ignoring what I explained multiple times as being not what you claim it was to hang on to your non-point. I'm done.

tumblr_nltgwmFA0y1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nltgtzqjt01ti7amqo1_1280.jpg

Ym1r

Okay, keep losing to bots and I'll keep winning games against players, Mr. I'm Always Right About Everything and I'm the Best World Class Player of Every Game in The World.

Top Bottom