• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Tablo’s Hip-Hop Label is Called HIGH GROUND.
YG said:
Just like JINUSEAN and 1TYM, I myself am absorbed in hip-hop. I always have appreciation and respect for all artists doing hip-hop. A number of hip-hop musicians wanted to do music in YG, but I always feel bad for not being able to accommodate all of them due to the circumstances of the company.

YG said:
TABLO and EPIK HIGH, who are known for their strong hip-hop, joined YG. I have watched them perform and decided to create a label with TABLO as the representative. I have found a way to support underground hip-hop artists through TABLO.

YG said:
We normally call hip-hop ‘underground,’ but ours is ‘High Ground.’ We want to make underground mainstream, and the quality will be stunning

YG said:
I am going to support them so they can do music in good environment. I am giving TABLO an exclusive label although he is part of YG. My long-term goal is to give each YG artist their individual label.

YG said:
YG will take care of complicated administration like marketing, management and the red tape. Artists will be able to focus on creative music activities

Apirl 1st
PZ0Lt6Y.jpg

xehanort

Holy Shit! I've been lurking here for a long time and this is the first time I've seen this thread. Subscribed!

Oh, singles.. I always miss that.

Their best singles in order:

HuH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRbIZtUS2Ag&feature=player_detailpage#t=31

Mirror Mirror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOG_wcV_oU

I My Me Mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGvwy3qhjDM

Looking at back at these.. this was 5 years ago :/ geez. 4minute is great though.. they're still good and all but nowhere near as good as ^ those songs. So glad I got to see them 3 times!!!! Even if two times a member wasn't there to perform.

You forget Heart to Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h97jt1XtnGQ

I totally forgot that 4Minute song, good stuff.

Going to Malaysia for after F1 race concert. Not sure if Yoona will join them...

Seoyeon is getting prettier and prettier damn. Taeyeon is as beautiful as always. Really miss Sica T_T

I realized something last night... what the fnck is going on in the Korean music industry that almost every song coming out right sounds downright sad and depressing?

Me and "horse Fany", aka my friend who thinks Fany looks like a horse, were cruisin' around last night after dinner, put on my current K-Pop playlist and started off with Zion.T's new track, went through Primary/Hyukk Oh mini and eventually ending on RV's ICC and the entire time we were thinking, why the fnck are all these songs so sad and depressing sounding?

Putting aside the lyrics, it seems like almost everything just sounds dreary and sad. They're still great songs of course, but I just hate how they make you feel depressed.

TL;DR: K-Pop sounds sad right now, where's the fun happy music?!?!

milkham

I realized something last night... what the fnck is going on in the Korean music industry that almost every song coming out right sounds downright sad and depressing?

Me and "horse Fany", aka my friend who thinks Fany looks like a horse, were cruisin' around last night after dinner, put on my current K-Pop playlist and started off with Zion.T's new track, went through Primary/Hyukk Oh mini and eventually ending on RV's ICC and the entire time we were thinking, why the fnck are all these songs so sad and depressing sounding?

Putting aside the lyrics, it seems like almost everything just sounds dreary and sad. They're still great songs of course, but I just hate how they make you feel depressed.

TL;DR: K-Pop sounds sad right now, where's the fun happy music?!?!

they're all sad because you have a degenerate friend

So only 4 tracks that aren't depressing sounding. That's actually not bad and I agree that K-Pop is very seasonal but I just realized how weird that is to have it be seasonal and stuff.

Hell, if I was a management company and could look in the future, I'd probably debut a group right now with a fresh sound/song that sounds happy. They'd catapult into the charts since everything else sounds depressing as fnck lol.

I'm really hoping the trend goes away though, I'm at a happy point in life and K-Pop is just bringing me down haha.

LOL.

You must be new here, so welcome to K-Pop GAF!

Before you go Liam Neeson on her ass, here's the backstory to this...

Long story short, I'm an ex-Fany stan and "Horse Fany" is one of my bff's who introduced me to K-Pop. One day at school we were talking about TaeNy or SNSD and I basically said something along the lines of her becoming my Fany while I become Taeng. She replied back with something along the lines of me calling her a horse. I mentioned it here in K-Pop GAF and it's kinda become a longstanding thing, with a lot of the non-Fany stans kinda agreeing with Fany looking like a horse while the Fany-stans(as you can see) are objecting that thought lol.

And yes, I was trying to get into Horse Fany's pants at that time with that comment lol.

they're all sad because you have a degenerate friend

Hahaha, ironically enough she's become somewhat of a degenerate K-Pop fan. She said she's been trolling the shit out of Netizenbuzz and the AKP comments section with ridiculous remarks like calling Suzy a dirty iljin slut for dating Lee Minho or assuming the command of Yewon's defense force. I was becoming concerned for her for a little bit, but she's graduating this semester so she's got a lot of free time to do nothing so I became unconcerned.

Anyway, I still deny that Fany has a horse face up to this day... even though I've officially stopped being a Fany stan
(thanks Nickhun!)
. And I don't think Horse Fany still thinks Fany has a horse face, but I'll ask one of these days and make sure lol.

xehanort

LOL.

You must be new here, so welcome to K-Pop GAF!

Before you go Liam Neeson on her ass, here's the backstory to this...

Long story short, I'm an ex-Fany stan and "Horse Fany" is one of my bff's who introduced me to K-Pop. One day at school we were talking about TaeNy or SNSD and I basically said something along the lines of her becoming my Fany while I become Taeng. She replied back with something along the lines of me calling her a horse. I mentioned it here in K-Pop GAF and it's kinda become a longstanding thing, with a lot of the non-Fany stans kinda agreeing with Fany looking like a horse while the Fany-stans(as you can see) are objecting that thought lol.

And yes, I was trying to get into Horse Fany's pants at that time with that comment lol.

Hahaha, ironically enough she's become somewhat of a degenerate K-Pop fan. She said she's been trolling the shit out of Netizenbuzz and the AKP comments section with ridiculous remarks like calling Suzy a dirty iljin slut for dating Lee Minho or assuming the command of Yewon's defense force. I was becoming concerned for her for a little bit, but she's graduating this semester so she's got a lot of free time to do nothing so I became unconcerned.

Anyway, I still deny that Fany has a horse face up to this day... even though I've officially stopped being a Fany stan
(thanks Nickhun!)
. And I don't think Horse Fany still thinks Fany has a horse face, but I'll ask one of these days and make sure lol.

LOL

Yah I'm new hahaha. Thanks for the story. I hope I was there during those time, it's sounds fun hahaha

llehuty

As good as the Miss A single is, the mini is very bland. All of the other tracks have this slow R&Bish feel that, while two of them being good, it overall gives a bland vibe to the album paired with the bad songs.

The album would be so much better as a three song single with the title track and the two good slow jams Melting and One step

There is one TTS reject song there that is supposed to change the pace, but it's so bad that I'll pretend like it never existed. Also, WTF that trap break down in Love song?

Fake edit: Been listening a bit more the album while I was writting this. Melting is indeed reaaaally good, and I hope they perform it at music shows during the first week.

Happy Birthday Bae Joohyun, our shy and awkward leader.

Is there no way to put the images similar to a column or whatever?

I think I just broke the scroll wheel on my mouse lol. I mean, I don't mind the Irene megapost but it's a little disconcerting to see the scroll wheel on my house spin endlessly as if it's loose lol.

Random question... how do you go from Joohyun to Irene? I've actually wondered this the whole time and I just thought this was SM's way of naming RV with English names then I realize that Seulgi and Yerin are obviously not English names so I still don't know.

Anyway, the Miss A Colors EP.

Love Song and Stuck are probably the best songs from the entire thing. Being an RnB junkie I love the sound they've got on here, but I definitely agree with some comments online that this doesn't have Miss A's signature sound or whatever. I just wish there was more of that Miss A sound though.

ramyeon

The whole miss A mini is pretty damn solid, such a good title track too. I'm glad they're back, more Suzy is always a good thing,

***feeling salty because I forgot to post anything for KARA's 8th anniversary, but this nugu leader got a birthday mega post***

red velvet are great though

Pendulum

I was just thinking about this the other night after watching their performances at the recent SM Town concert. I wouldn't be surprised if they comeback as 4 - no reason why they couldn't (which lead to my other thought that I briefly entertained whilst making my tinfoil hat was that Yeri was added to Red Velvet, in part, to change up the numbers in contrast to f(x))

llehuty

Miss A single still great and I can't believe it's over Exo on the charts. They had the showcase today. There are some fancams, but I'm definitely not looking forward the live stages with Suzy doing her best Sulli impersonation. During the showcase performance of all places, smh.

I've heard a bit the Exo album. It looks like there are some solid tracks, but El Dorado almost makes all of them completely irrelevant.

Dahye and Haeryung eating (subbed)
Dahye Bestie comeback, pls

K-Trance - Who Are You Official M/V

디아크(THE ARK)_유나킴(YUNA KIM)_Image film

Kisum in 60fps

tumblr_mlu3t0Q0mJ1qjp8d7o2_250.gif

Hmmm, I wonder if they are going to have a completely different concept to avoid overlapping with Red Velvet.

Top Bottom