• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Hokuten

Neo Member
tumblr_nmkmtrVhMz1sek16ho2_540.gif

tumblr_nmkmtrVhMz1sek16ho3_540.gif

tumblr_nmkmtrVhMz1sek16ho1_540.gif

<3

oh my goddess

edit: it has been on repeat

luso

The song is not the best, chorus is weak and it sounds muffled (right word?) without a standing out beat. Still mildly enjoyable but expected better. Anyway the MV is good (better if without the filters though) and the girls are dancing on point and fabulous.
As for performances, I think it will be only at concerts but let's wait if there will be any broadcast live version (at least once please).

Good japanese single. Bad korean comeback.

Ice Cream Cake is leagues better than this, and Automatic is a whole other level altogether.

this youtube comment under Automatic cracks me up
Anybody who enjoys this have really great taste. Very chilling to hear, I guess the only reason why people don't like it as much as Ice Cream Cake is because the majority of SM Fans are from ages 5/10, and i heck sure know that a 7 year old would like this kind of Music. Not that their are none. But most younger fans would of course would like an UpBeat tracks.

Eldren

The fact that it took a member leaving for my fave to get more than 3 seconds of screentime, smh SM.

Anyway the song is alright. It sounds like it would be way too repetitive if you listen to it too often but I'm glad they finally got a competent choreographer. I give it 5 performances before we're down to like two members actually trying. Girls is disposable b-side fodder as usual.

In other news, it seems FNC are planning a new AOA sub unit for June with music not produced by Brave Bros so clear your calendars.

roaSone

Soshi's title song is pretty much forgettable but hands up for the choreo/mv.
The ballad tho, might be their best as a first listen.

llehuty

New girl group delivering some generic EDM.

2015040818153916759-540x540.jpg

[MV] &#54252;&#53011;&#44152;&#49828;(Pocket Girls) "&#48757;&#48757;" - &#48757;&#48757;
Song falls appart during the chorus though. Speaking of generic EDM:

Woah, I really like it. It's a bit more generic than it should and still has those awful pitched voices like every JP song they release, but overall is great. The choreography is great and enters the hall of fame of GOAT SNSD choreos next to IGAB. The outfits are really good also. I wasn't expecting something this enjoyable from them. Definitely their best release since Paparazzi IMO.

This song is also good, although quite weak for a debut (for an idol group anyway). Looks like they have an upbeat comeback ready if that hashtag interview is to be believed, so I guess this could be an effective buzz single? *shrug*

Edit: [SIXTEEN] Teaser Video
JYP's audition show for their next girl group
/s
. Looks like, beginning next monday they are going to show one new girl every day. 16 seems like too much, let's hope they cut half of them soon.

Also, why is JYP so damn active this month, 3 comebacks + this show? Do they have anything left for the rest of the year?

Edit: &#48149;&#51652;&#50689;(J.Y. Park) "&#50612;&#47672;&#45784;&#51060; &#45572;&#44396;&#45768;(Who's your mama?) (feat. Jessi of Lucky J)" Teaser Video 2.

Pendulum

Shizuka

I curse whoever mentioned ICC. I listened to it a week ago and didn't care, but now I've listened it again and I'm crazy addicted to it.

Peru

[FANCAFE] 150410 IU replies to fans on fancafe (Part 2) - 7:28PM
IU: Phew. It ended well. I miss my online fans too.
Fan: Me too.
Fan: Miss you too <3
Fan: Glad it ended well. Miss you too <3
IU: I drank alcohol.
Fan: How much did you drink? kekeke
Fan: You’re having a hangover now…kekeke
Fan: Adorable. Are you drunk? kekekekekekeke
IU: Online fans, make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!

CCO82-AVEAAUQY1.jpg

CCOyydbUgAAoZr_.jpg

CCO83FWUsAAe-lZ.jpg

No No Eul

*looks at avatar*

BTW, for obvious reasons, I never had a chance to tell you what an amazing job you've done with OT6 OP. Nicely done.

Cheers mate, and welcome back! It's been too long.

The song's mediocre at best. At worst, it's a fucking disaster.

At least they put some effort into the video. The choreography's pretty strong, the military outfits are great (the orange things not so much) and Yoona's hair looks good for the first time in what feels like forever.

I have to give them credit for the MV. It's a pretty unusual choice for a debut.

Ym1r

I curse whoever mentioned ICC. I listened to it a week ago and didn't care, but now I've listened it again and I'm crazy addicted to it.

bruh, jump on the hype train. RV is the best thing to happen to kpop in a long time.

*waves at everyone*

Figured I'd try and get into K-Pop a little more. How are you folks? c:

Don't have any yet. Had some bad memories with other K-Pop fans in the past, which kind of scared me away from the whole thing, but I'm trying to get over it.

Kpop is great, have fun. Don't be afraid of us, its ok we r good people. Go out and discover the world of K-pop, and never look back. Also, don't fight the addiction when it happens, you can't avoid it.

JKTrix

We generally make fun of the average internet kpop fan (read: teenage girl) in here. There are a couple of sites we refer to that highlight their antics, and we point and laugh and just keep admiring the pretty people.
bruh, jump on the hype train. RV is the best thing to happen to kpop in a long time.
Bestie was just 13 months before them!

Don't have any yet. Had some bad memories with other K-Pop fans in the past, which kind of scared me away from the whole thing, but I'm trying to get over it.
K-pop fans can be especially volatile. Especially when protecting their "oppa" *shudders*
Match Made In Heaven Returns 150409 raw (Hani, Nicole, Ellin, Hyejeong, Kyungri, Narsha)

when's the Hani, Nicole, Ellin, Hyejeong, Kyungri, Narsha sub-unit?

Also Nicole is so good:
Even wearing a seatbelt! When will your fav?
Quoted for SIZE

llehuty

Oh, in that case check the OP for the recommendations of this community. It's a nice place to start.

Here you shouldn't worry about crazy k-pop fans there are
almost
zero in this community. One of the safest places to enjoy k-pop.

Don't tell me about k-pop fans. I've had some awful experiences. Used to frequent some forums. It was fun for a while, then the fandoms started constantly bitching at eachother and I bailed out of k-pop communities forever. I like this thread though. :D

Biggest issue I had was the Dal Shabet/B1A4 "scandal" in 2012. Considering I've been helping a Dal Shabet fansite since their debut, we definitely felt that with young kids protecting their oppars. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's still an iconic post made by my friend back in the day that mentions it. Jeez, I'm glad people stopped caring so much. Things can get so dramatic for no reason.

vanty

Just listened to the SNSD song. Yeah it sucks pretty, pretty bad. I've heard the Korean version is even worse so I'll certainly avoid that.

Aww OP is missing some of my faves! Like F.CUZ. 'Midnight Sun' is one of my all-time fave k-pop songs. Also NU'EST with 'Face.' Otherwise it's a decent representation.
Well most of my fave songs are from disbanded groups. Like Double A's "Because I'm Crazy," BB.Boys' "We'll Be Okay" and Co-ed's "Too Late" ... Also ChAOS' "Here She Comes" ... Also my queen Bada ain't there. Her song Mad is so good.

Take this as a post about my music likes, not as a criticism to OP. ;D Just looking at it got me thinking about my faves. There's so many though.

Gorgeous looking gagwoman turned gorgeous singer.

I knew Shin Bora can sing since she's done a lot of stuff with my waifu Ailee, but I didn't think she'd actually leave her comedienne self behind and go for broke as a singer.

Oi, I like this song. Didn't know she was pursuing a music career lol.

Shizuka

Spotify is playing ICC and CMIYC all day. I need more suggestions for new releases by girl groups, already watched Automatic and Crazy.

Pendulum

Spotify is playing ICC and CMIYC all day. I need more suggestions for new releases by girl groups, already watched Automatic and Crazy.

How recent? 4Minute's "Crazy".

Edit: lol, didn't read the last word
Part of a girl group, try Gain's "Apple" and "Paradise Lost".

No No Eul

Aww OP is missing some of my faves! Like F.CUZ. 'Midnight Sun' is one of my all-time fave k-pop songs. Also NU'EST with 'Face.' Otherwise it's a decent representation.
Well most of my fave songs are from disbanded groups. Like Double A's "Because I'm Crazy," BB.Boys' "We'll Be Okay" and Co-ed's "Too Late" ... Also ChAOS' "Here She Comes" ... Also my queen Bada ain't there. Her song Mad is so good.

Take this as a post about my music likes, not as a criticism to OP. ;D Just looking at it got me thinking about my faves. There's so many though.

Yeah, the list of artists in the OP isn't terribly comprehensive. It's more of a reflection of the thread's tastes, hence the emphasis on girl groups. :p

luso

Don't tell me about k-pop fans. I've had some awful experiences. Used to frequent some forums. It was fun for a while, then the fandoms started constantly bitching at eachother and I bailed out of k-pop communities forever. I like this thread though. :D

Biggest issue I had was the Dal Shabet/B1A4 "scandal" in 2012. Considering I've been helping a Dal Shabet fansite since their debut, we definitely felt that with young kids protecting their oppars. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's still an iconic post made by my friend back in the day that mentions it. Jeez, I'm glad people stopped caring so much. Things can get so dramatic for no reason.

Honestly I barely remember that incident between fandoms in &#8216;Idol Sports Day 2012', but the similarities about a fake rape accusations back in the 2008 Dream Concert, with sones and the other fandoms, are creepily similar , I guess it is the crazy fangirls power...

Check this out:
https://twitter.com/PTMillionaire/status/586491600894722049

Given what happened to Dancing Queen I'm pretty sure SM have a vault with recorded SNSD songs (and other groups) that were never released, with or without the possibility to be done later. Anyway, given the circumstances, now they will never be release those ones with 9 members, unless they re-record them as it seems with CMIYC.

Hyomin
11123783_412876675551009_1415806739_n.jpg

11056040_1384665495192414_327179557_n.jpg

Top Bottom