• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

CCUh4LqUgAABdUL.jpg

3 trophies from the YinYueTai (one of the major Chinese MV sites) awards:
  • Most Popular Korean Artist - T-ara
  • Hot Trend/Star Artist of the Year - T-ara
  • Best Korean Female Artist - Jiyeon

----

2015 Dream Concert in Japan

----

Edit: 150411 Subin - Joker (Acoustic Ver.) (with Rose Motel's Yook Joong Wan)

Shizuka

Sami+

Do we have a general Korean music thread? I wanted to ask/talk about some K-indie stuff and I really don't like K-Pop (no offense guys, lol). Did a bit of searching but didn't find one.

llehuty

Exid's company sniping down the HD fancams of Ah Yeah. They are missing the point of what made them famous in the first place. It was proven that they can hook someone with a fancam and they they will check your music and MV. Oh well, I think the MV is out in 3 hours, so let's hope they relax a bit after that.

GOAT backup dancer “어머님이 누구니 (feat. Jessi of Lucky J)” Comeback Stage @ SBS KPOP STAR 4 2015.04.12

Keumjo doing her best Sera impersonation.
awkward backing vocals and everything

Check this out:
https://twitter.com/PTMillionaire/status/586491600894722049

Given what happened to Dancing Queen I'm pretty sure SM have a vault with recorded SNSD songs (and other groups) that were never released, with or without the possibility to be done later. Anyway, given the circumstances, now they will never be release those ones with 9 members, unless they re-record them as it seems with CMIYC.

Weren't they doing some #CatchGG thing during SMTown before she left?

I've got a feeling this was slated to come out last year, like everything was already done and they just needed to actually release it but you know what happened lol.

Oi, I like this song. Didn't know she was pursuing a music career lol.

Oh yeah, she's been singing way before she got on Gag Concert... I just didn't really expect to actually go all out.

Check her out on her performances with Ailee on Immortal Song:

Cho Young Pil - Take A Vacation+Bounce
Roo'ra - 3! 4! (probably one of my Ailee GOAT's)

I really love how JYP gives no fncks at all.

It's a great song too besides that hag who thinks she's got street cred for living in a rich suburb in SoCal.

If anybody wants an edit without this hag, you know where to find me.

Also, for those asking for edits of other songs... gimme some time lol. I just got a new soundcard that isn't playing nice with FL Studio. I mean I can probably cut something up but it just doesn't flow so once I get FL working, I'll start working on it.

Pendulum

Exid's company sniping down the HD fancams of Ah Yeah. They are missing the point of what made them famous in the first place. It was proven that they can hook someone with a fancam and they they will check your music and MV. [/SPOILER]

drighk's Hani fancam has been blocked by SME (even though he's in South Korea and this block seems to be for videos originating outside of South Korea (? based upon a Google translate of his tweet))

Meanwhile, EXID’s Hani Encourages Fans to Keep Taking Fancams

Edit: Watched the MV via the showcase and half the MV imagery is all about watching someone online, so this block is kinda ironic.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How can you even block a fancam? Is that really legal in SK? It makes no sense.

llehuty

How can you even block a fancam? Is that really legal in SK? It makes no sense.

I think it has to do with using trademarked music without consent? *shrug* Is still stupid and their company should know better. The thing is, they are only blocking the title track, fancams of Up & Down in that same event are up.

Dice

That's like trying to block video of times square because of the stuff playing on buildings. Shouldn't matter at all.

llehuty

CROSS GENE 「나하고 놀자」 M/V Full Version
Kind of catchy.

[ENG SUB] [150411] MBC Quiz To Change The World - Dal★Shabet Subin Cut

That's like trying to block video of times square because of the stuff playing on buildings. Shouldn't matter at all.

What if it's just some weird tongue in cheek promo/media play because the concept for this comeback is unnecessary censorship?
I know I'm reaching a bit too much with this.

Anyway, even if the song seems to be super safe after Up and Down, I like that they are kind of trying to send a message to the broadcast stations for censoring their Up and Down choreo.
Still reaching.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they release official "fancam" version or something like that and they try to bank on it making it the only one easily accessible

Dice

I'd make fun of censorship if I had to make sure my booty shorts reached up over my navel as well.

ramyeon

I'm fairly sure that EXID Ah Yeah fan cams are only being taken down to avoid people hearing the song pre-release, especially in poor quality. I expect that's the reason why fan cams for their other songs are being left alone and once the song is officially released I expect it won't happen anymore. The company knows how much they owe to fan cammers for EXID's success.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
From what I hear of Ah Yeah, EXID should logically slay everything else released recently, and claim their throne as rightful K-Pop queens.

That is, if justice and love exist in this world. EXO was bland crap once again (B1A4 destroys these clowns anyday), and MIss A was just alright. It's time for them to shine.

Bad comment incoming...

But for some reason I can't seem to find this or Up & Down interesting tbh. It's better than that tripe SNSD just released but that's not saying much.

Hani's cool as fnck though, that's why I'm trying to get into EXID but yeah, it ain't working.

Can't get into the EXID hype at all.

What a waste of a great beat.

No No Eul

Like it says towards the end of the video, it's "good enough". Probably. I mean the song's OK but it does feel like a pretty pale imitation of Up & Down. Also, llehuty often bemoans cheap sax samples and I have to agree with him in this case.

I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest of the mini though.

Top Bottom