• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Peru

Well it's nice to see SM try their music video hand at making a Big Bang-ish video. Time to get some foreign dudes in girl group videos to balance out all these white chicks though.

Song and performance v slick.

Peru

Don't know why this new IU song has so completely taken over my life. At first I was like "ooh, another pleasant little IU tune", but since then I've played it at least once every waking hour.

llehuty

Don't know why this new IU song has so completely taken over my life. At first I was like "ooh, another pleasant little IU tune", but since then I've played it at least once every waking hour.

IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU

:p

SHINee's album is amazing.

As a long time SHINee fan that had to give up on them for a while due to crap material (for the most part), this is such a breath of fresh air.

isuzu

I'm sure no one would be interested in this but anyway here's Hyosung "belly dancing".

JqRh15C.gif

let me just say her teacher isn't... good at all

Shinee always looked weird to me, they still kinda do but I guess I got used to it haha. Digging the song and video though, gotta try out the new album since it seems like K-pop gaf approves.

Peru

IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU IU

:p

It's probably a mix of the 70s folk vibe, IU harmonies and the onomatopoeia in the verses. Also she really uses consonance well for rhythm and texture. This song is like a warm blanket for me now. I was out with friends watching Mad Max and when I got home, sat down and put this on it was like a hot bath on a cold night. Or maybe it's more like a drug addiction.

ramyeon

Maybe it's just a buzz single and proper release is coming later this year? Feels weird that it's just lyric video.
Could be, no specific dates teased yet though.

Apparently she specifically wanted a lyric video to emphasize the music and lyrics, being her first self composition. Video is great either way, just wanted more music!

Pendulum

Sixteen ep 3 aired (1 2). First cut happened.
As an aside - that edit when Dahyun had her name called for the Minors...

Ep 2 was subbed yesterday by the person that uploaded the ep 1 sub, but it has since been blocked.

ramyeon

Sixteen spoilers.

The two judges besides JYP voting for Jihyo to go back to the minor group because she's too chubby. Ice cold.

Holy shit! Chaeyeon eliminated first? Really did not see that coming tbh. Especially since JYP was basically fawning over the two sisters for the whole of Kpop Star 3 before signing them.

broz0rs

Sixteen spoilers.

The two judges besides JYP voting for Jihyo to go back to the minor group because she's too chubby. Ice cold.

Holy shit! Chaeyeon eliminated first? Really did not see that coming tbh. Especially since JYP was basically fawning over the two sisters for the whole of Kpop Star 3 before signing them.

JYP_SIXTEEN_EP_1_Are_You_A_Star_Jihyo.jpg

that's chubby? wow, that sucks lol. she looks like she just has one of those round heads imo. poor girl's probably just going to eat lettuce for a week.

ramyeon

JYP_SIXTEEN_EP_1_Are_You_A_Star_Jihyo.jpg

that's chubby? wow, that sucks lol. she looks like she just has one of those round heads imo. poor girl's probably just going to eat lettuce for a week.
She is definitely larger built than the other girls, and by Korean standards, yeah. Seemed pretty harsh considering she had one of the more interesting photo shoots out of the 16 girls.

----

So I posted their MV for the title track yesterday, but Chamsom also have a song featuring Kasper on their new album. I know she's well liked around here, couldn't find it on YouTube until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O73o0BT89o

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sulli for Cosmo, no fucks given.
The rest in the set are better... but I'm going to post other stuff.
213297445556CC883EE10A

If I didn't stop here there would be massive Hyeyeon spam.

Everyone loves Irene.

271474375557578B3A299E

2730CE37555757892751D5

277017335557437E0E958C

22627E48555762F9064D0A

tumblr_nof8y5N6sp1qdmdgso2_1280.jpg

Min being... cutesy adorable? lol

26142D3D555468E61F117A

iz1omRO6ftBPs.jpg

tumblr_inline_noczyiW02G1qc6bqg_500.gif

I hadn't been on tumblr for a long time and someone complained so I went as far on my feed as I could.... and hit my post limit. Needless to say, a nice collection of things is on my tumblr now.

llehuty

Peru

I remember the aftermath of IU's "Mia/Lost Child" debut flop and all those guitar cover videos had people going "she's so underrated", "why don't people recognise her talent!?" in the youtube comments.

People only knew her for her SNSD and SUJU covers but she was too good so things were clearly happening. In 2010 she started featuring on popular songs like Nagging and the only thing left to do to achieve a real breakthrough was putting out the right single. I felt that so strongly. The moment I heard Good Day I knew it was going to do iron man numbers.

New Baek A Yeon is charting really well, deservedly, it's such a good song.

Good to know her forced hiatus didn't destroy her momentum.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I remember the aftermath of IU's "Mia/Lost Child" debut flop and all those guitar cover videos had people going "she's so underrated", "why don't people recognise her talent!?" in the youtube comments.

People only knew her for her SNSD and SUJU covers but she was too good so things were clearly happening. In 2010 she started featuring on popular songs like Nagging and the only thing left to do to achieve a real breakthrough was putting out the right single. I felt that so strongly. The moment I heard Good Day I knew it was going to do iron man numbers.

Good to know her forced hiatus didn't destroy her momentum.
People were so mean about her debut for no reason. Being mostly overlooked until Good Day really changed perception of her veteran status, too. I mean despite crushing the charts and everything, I don't think many think of her as an SNSD-level industry senior, but she is. Even more so because she saw through much of the bullshit from a young age and focused on the right things.

I remember liking Mia and Boo but what really got me was her perspective in interviews. She understood the difference between status and legacy, talent and fame, awards and accomplishments, and the great part is she didn't flaunt it as some special wisdom or anything, but just naturally didn't feel like ultimately unimportant things were a big deal and had good self-evaluation seeing herself as just one of thousands in music history.

Now when is Yerin gonna get her break?

Top Bottom