• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Peru

Holy crap.. listening to the Shinee album and the last track and I immediately started thinking about the six year old, very underrated Onew and Jessica duet 'One Year Later', which I hadn't listened to in years, and turns out, yes, it's the same songwriter. How good am I.

NyoRx

Anyone wanna hook me up with links to that 4k channel? Found one on YouTube and it was amazing.

Also does anyone know where to download Korean subs for Korean movies/shows? I want to practice some of my Korean.

ramyeon

Hyeri confirmed as the lead for Reply 1988, not ecastatic about that. But then again their casting has been pretty much flawless until now so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
More Hyeri is good.

For Kara preview I'm not into the bedazzled eyes thing that kpop has been so enamored with.

Peru

They seem to have had a real good eye for casting people who unexpectedly pull it off perfectly, but it's kinda lame that they get such a high profile idol.

Then again I don't care that much for this season, the first series was amazing, the second was solid, but now I'm tired of the concept, unless they turn this upside down and go all dark Sogyeokdong style.

llehuty

I'm really surprised that they took Hyeri even after the backlash they got when her casting was "leaked".

I'm not a fan of the girl, but who knows how is she going to be with proper direction and a interesting character. I'm also going to assume she's been taking acting classes for the last months.

Let's not go full on netizen mode before we see how is she going to perform. They went out of their way to cast someone the the public actively hates. There must be something more to it.

ramyeon

I'm really surprised that they took Hyeri even after the backlash they got when her casting was "leaked".

I'm not a fan of the girl, but who knows how is she going to be with proper direction and a interesting character. I'm also going to assume she's been taking acting classes for the last months.

Let's not go full on netizen mode before we see how is she going to perform. They went out of their way to cast someone the the public actively hates. There must be something more to it.
The public doesn't actively hate her, she's just a shit actor.

luso

Waiting for Seungyeon teaser, should be after Hara's. When?

Skipped the 1994 one, going to watch 2 episode of this new one just to check. I never saw actress Hyeri, the acting will be terrible or will silent the critics, glorious both options.

Gayoon turns 26. Happy Birthday :)

very impressed after reading these old interviews. She is intelligent, very articulate, down-to-earth and brutally honest. People like her deserve respect.

(July 2012) Gayoon for Dazed
- I became a trainee when I was 14. Even though I have no special talent since there are many people who've been preparing for a long time lately, I could withstand because I was sure about my dream.
-I do hear a lot about my legs, I am reluctant to wear skirts. When they actually see them, they say that they're so skinny it looks gross, that I'm walking with arms…
-The truth is that I hate going on variety programs.

(March 2013) Gayoon gives an incredibly honest interview for ARENA
-We talk a lot among ourselves, about how we’re lacking 2% of something.
-We’re scared to be seen as second place in people’s minds.
-We (4minute) still have a long way to go.
-To be honest, 4minute isn’t among the popular groups.
-It’s thanks to her (Hyuna) that 4minute received attention.
-at first I felt worried and disappointed because I thought that people didn’t know I was a good singer.
-Now, rather than what you hear, things have been thought and built around what you see.
-Being good at singing is not enough anymore.
-From the arrangement, the sound to the choreography, if everything is too perfect, too polished, music is then reduced to a standard, a stereotype and it’s not music to enjoy anymore. It becomes something too clean, too sharp, a show.
-I don’t think that I have made it yet, or maybe that I don’t think of myself as a musician or celebrity.
- I’ve never felt hurt when seeing malicious comments. Because even negative attention still is attention in the end
- When I’m asked what my hobbies are, I would just answer something like ‘lying down at home.”
-There are a lot of young people who want to become like myself. But wouldn’t it be hard? Most of them don’t know. What they see is the shiny and beautiful world from outside the window.
- Since I started this career when I was younger, I haven’t been able to express my emotions well.
- I didn’t experience enough in my “ordinary” life. Even so, when I don’t have any schedules, I meet up with friends but when I see look at them I can’t help but feel lonely and envious.
- I debuted when I was twenty-years old, it made me think, ‘So I’ve been giving up on my youth in doing so’… I know that it’s impossible to have everything in life.

people didn’t know I was a good singer.
Yup, I didn't know :(

Gayoon & Shinya Kiyozuka - Snow Flower opened my eyes.
Gayoon Singing the Nation Anthem @ 2014 Brazil World Cup Qualifying Match
(Gayoon) I think it was a dream- POSEIDON OST
(Gayoon) Shameless Lie - Lie to Me OST
(Gayoon) Wind Blow - My Princess OST
(Yoseob & Gayoon) - The Night Watchman OST
GaYoon & Han Ye Ji - One Two Three
Sunny Side ft. GaYoon - Bad Guy Good Girl
Gayoon - You So Far Away
Gayoon ft Ilhoon

I've never cared about this ... but someone as openly honest as her deserves respect. Look, jaw surgery is very dangerous, and painful. And doesn't make you lose your body figure for years. Gayoon is too smart for that.

it's blatantly obvious that Gayoon never had cosmetic surgery. She sacrificed her body to get the most out of her face; she must be the only idol in history who is less attractive after 5 years in the business ... i-fanboys (including me) know that Gayoon was much more attractive in her early years (2010) . And she knows this very well.
I had quite a lot of popularity in Brazil when I was plump. However, after losing weight, that popularity dissipated.

"I'm tryna to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful" (David Guetta ft Akon)
JrereL.gif
yXQIJf.gif
nxat62.gif

Before and After
Her face hasn’t change at all since the early days ... apples to apples (similar camera angles/facial expressions/weight)
a4NX-9.gif
Dv8gwc.gif

Weight Loss/Gain Transformation
extra weight shows immediately in her face, and she becomes completely unrecognizable; weight loss ruins her body figure. She can strike a balance (2010)
qNatEq.gif
estWPU.gif

Weight Loss in 2012
It didn't happen overnight. It was a long process. It became apparent in May; the transformation was completed in September. Then, she got sick.
hPqWdR.gif
1RjOvr.gif

Gayoon's new face is... her old face
Nov 2009 - Gayoon shows off her fresh face

Girlgroup 4Minute GaYoon shows off her fresh face, without her usual makeup as seen on stage. Heo GaYoon posted up several selca photos on her minihompy on 31st October. Different from her sexy and strong feminine image on stage, GaYoon was seen looking natural and pure. Netizens commented, “She look prettier without maketup”, “Everyone in 4Minute is so pretty and GaYoon looks the most pure and innocent”, “Please show more of your fresh face in the future.”

-I think she looks so much better without makeup
-she’s pretty!! I never know that she’s this prettty!!
-she actually looks prettier without make-up. i think her make-up must have been too thick on stage
-Gayoon looks more beautiful without make-up!!!

jJ11KO.gif

My two cents

They had a model with a beautiful voice and brains (Gayoon is a model 1 [URL="http://i.minus.com/ioPm9H0r64bgZ.png"]2[/URL] 3 4 [URL="https://i1.wp.com/img.gnj.kr/newsen/news_photo/2013/05/01/201305011557242410_1.jpg"]5[/URL]) ; they turned her into an ugly backup dancer in most of their old MVs. Her weight fluctuations added more confusion. So lot of people got the impression that Gayoon was a talentless ugly girl who cheated her way to beauty when Cube, out of desperation to save 4Minute, put her on the spotlight.

Luckily for Cube, the general public is not aware of these things and WYN (2013) was a hit, partially thanks to Gayoon's voice and her old/new face. (1:00 and 2:07) ... (1:10)

I want plastic surgery.

Right? If you could look that good thanks to modifications... then I don't see why not lol.

Anyway, Sojin on Masked Singer was fantastic. It's kinda sad she has to hide that greatness since Minah's the lead BS or whatever. Even worse is that she seems to be equally matched with Yura with rapping.

Also, BoA's home... definitely my favorite track off the album. I'm 100% sure if she writes English lyrics for it, it'll chart on the R&B stations here in the US.

llehuty

Claiming Gayoon has the same face now that she had when se debuted? That's a new one. I love the girl, but that chin she has now wasn't hers. I have to say that I'm ok with plastic surgery when it doesn't reach Park Bom or Zinger levels of awful.

MV_Zion.T(자이언티)_꺼내 먹어요(Eat)

Also, BoA's home... definitely my favorite track off the album. I'm 100% sure if she writes English lyrics for it, it'll chart on the R&B stations here in the US.

They don't deserve it for letting her english album flop.

luso

Taeyeon doesn't give a fuck, lol

https://instagram.com/p/204MhqGOKq/
tts is too fancy ����way too much time on our hands LOL #GG #comingsoon @taeyeon_ss @seojuhyun_s ��

https://instagram.com/p/21AjPqH_nC/
�������� #tts #gg #THISISSWAG ? @badgalriri @xolovestephi @seojuhyun_s

https://instagram.com/p/21Ae12mOKh/
#THISISSWAG �� vibing to @bigsean ..since everyone wanted another one �� LOL #gg #comingsoon�� @taeyeon_ss @seojuhyun_s

Also from latest photoshoot
http://i.imgur.com/ZmrRpq7.jpg

Peru

I do think the SNSD girls increasingly don't give a fuck about leading an idol life. X number of years in, childish fans who never grow up, better to just do as you like and coast on the fame. I approve.

I do think the SNSD girls increasingly don't give a fuck about leading an idol life. X number of years in, childish fans who never grow up, better to just do as you like and coast on the fame. I approve.

After 10 years, I'd say they 100% earned their "I don't give a fuck." Personally I like the "normal person" idols over the obvious fake ones, I too approve of the random instagram vids~

No No Eul

iWrBnfrtaTbhQ.gif

Hyeri confirmed as the lead for Reply 1988, not ecastatic about that. But then again their casting has been pretty much flawless until now so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I have a lot of faith in them when it comes to casting decisions. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all turns out.

Soompi said:
Viewers Can Expect a New Style After Directorial Switch in “Producer” Starting This Week

Yoon Sang Ho, who has directed independent films and is fairly green in the industry was first attached to the drama as its director. However, the megaphone was later handed over to Pyo Min Soo, a more seasoned director.

Because of this switch in directors, some parts of episode one and two were refilmed underneath Pyo Min Soo and the episodes aired with a mix of Pyo Min Soo’s and Yoon Sang Ho’s work.

Explains a lot.

Seolhyun a.k.a. The Nation's Vampire said:

Instakang

^I only will read that after confirmation, if there is any.

Once again, don't get your hopes up. Even though it was on IAMA first then /r/kpop, there wasn't any sort of confirmation aside from that one supposedly throwaway excuse. But, of course, he decides to lambaste Kris and Luhan by calling them "weak-minded" and "unable to adjust to the idol life."

llehuty

Once again, don't get your hopes up. Even though it was on IAMA first then /r/kpop, there wasn't any sort of confirmation aside from that one supposedly throwaway excuse. But, of course, he decides to lambaste Kris and Luhan by calling them "weak-minded" and "unable to adjust to the idol life."

And adding afterwards that trainees have almost no contact with idols... Really shady.

And adding afterwards that trainees have almost no contact with idols... Really shady.

"Not familiar with the (Jessica) scandal."

Bullshit. You know as well as anybody else, considering it's a pretty safe bet that it was talked about between trainees when it happened.

"Kai gets jokingly teased (about his skin color) but it's not to be taken seriously."

1413096830292kmkk2.gif

Gee, maybe you should be put into his shoes and get that shit from your own bandmates.

EDIT: The "trainees have almost no contact with idols" is hilarious when he says later on he danced with Taemin for Danger's dance practice. Like, what is it?

vanty

They wouldn't bring back Sulli just for a commercial. That would kill a bunch of interest that the real comeback will have.

GOT7 『LOVE TRAIN』MV Short Ver.

JYP really knows how to cater to the JP audience.

That was.... it's going to be very popular with the Japanese fans haha. They went full Johnny's on that.

i miss sulli...

Luna full blown replaced her at this point, she just keeps looking better imo... then Victoria shows up for 1 second of screentime and my fandom reverts back to its natural state once again.
while secretly praying at the shrine of Luna

Top Bottom