• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is there a reason the music is so recessed? What a strange decision.

Everything from Beast for the last 3 years has sounded like they got apathetic, gave up, and just dial it in. BRB going to listen to the best Hands Up.

I had issues too. Then I downloaded MPC-BE and it plays flawlessly now.
I guess my CPU still isn't good enough. It did get it moving consistently, although slow-motion, and the sound kept taking long pauses to try and make up for it. IQ downscaled to my monitor's 1080p is bluray quality. IU is so beautiful. <3

llehuty

&#49380;&#48307; &#48169;&#49569; - EP 41 (Woohee On Air Episode 41)
One would think that after Subin's car accident all of them would wear seatbelts... :(

Is there a reason the music is so recessed? What a strange decision.

Everything from Beast for the last 3 years has sounded like they got apathetic, gave up, and just dial it in. BRB going to listen to the best Hands Up.

Don't put much thought into a japanese release. Right now only Kara are the ones not phoning it in.

Also, 12:30 was good

BoA MR removed https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=123&v=N7ut9sJ_hbE

Next Inkigayo #1 candidate vs Big Bang, some real heavy sluggers. I assume it's for Who Are You. Obv BB will win, but still.

Those "MR removed" are useless and aren't really indicative of how great a singer is. Especially if it's done by some schmuck on YouTube.

What they do to get this "effect" is to run an equalizer and drop the low and high frequencies to isolate the mids, or where the vocals usually rest on in a mix... boost that up and you've got a piece of sound where the vocals stick out and sound like they're isolated. That's the reason why everything else sounds like it's underwater.

This shit is phony as fnck.

If you want a real "MR removed" track, check out Sketchbook instead. They actually broadcast the show in 5.1 surround sound and the vocals are actually on one specific channel where they really are isolated from the mix. And even if you had the original audio file straight out of KBS/SBS/MBC's hard drives it still would be useless because it's in stereo and the best you can do is that same process I laid out earlier.

Fun fact: the process of "MR removing" a song is what DJ's do if they can't get access to the vocal track. This "MR removed" BS in K-Pop is pretty much just some schmuck fooling people who don't know any better. It's why I hate it lol.

llehuty

Yeah, not a fan of "MR" versions either. You can clearly hear her vocals in the performance directly anyway, since there are almost no backing vocals in that performance. Lipsyncing the other stage though...

Edit: BTW, what does MR stand for? Music Removed?

Pendulum

That leads to the Beast track, BESTie here

Yeah, not a fan of "MR" versions either. You can clearly hear her vocals in the performance directly anyway, since there are almost no backing vocals in that performance. Lipsyncing the other stage though...

Edit: BTW, what does MR stand for? Music Removed?

Music Recording, used in "MR Removed".

----

Fancam of SHINee's next title track "View" (fancams of Love Sick and Woof Woof also)

The Ark "The Light" dance practice

Hyosung's turn featuring with Jinusean

Seungri providing the best music show camera work in a long time.

luso

I had issues too. Then I downloaded MPC-BE and it plays flawlessly now.

Thanks for the suggestion. Much better, can almost handle it fully... for .mp4 it still drops some frames as if it was ~55 fps, sounds gets delayed a little but still better than the .ts file which is harder to handle, CPU hits the 90%.

It's going to be terrible. One of those movies that should really be left alone and not have a sequel.

Also wtf at Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin sudden marriage announcement? So out of left field, never would have picked it.
well i liked the original, so i only hope it'll be good

No No Eul

EXID reveals that Jessi was originally supposed to sing “Up & Down”.

ibg03GpnfNjvXf.gif

Member LE, who composed and wrote the song, explained, “While I was recording with Jessi after making ‘Up & Down,’ [Jessi] told me she thought EXID would match better with this song, which is how EXID ended up with the song.”

Dodged a bullet there.

Hwang Seung Eon said:

Last seen in that Hyunseung MV.

Alright y'all I think it's time to address a long standing issue in K-pop - one that has bothered me for many years and is clearly one of Korea's biggest problems. To start we have to go back to 2011: the year of the rabbit.
The incident took place in Kara's Step music video, where, at about 3 seconds in, the girls (5 at the time consisting of: Kang Jiyoung, Nicole Jung, Goo Hara, Han Seungyeon and their noble leader Park Gyuri) can be seen dancing whilst the music plays over and Seungyeon sings her line charismatically to the camera. Behind the girls is a well lit sign saying "Step" asif it was an entrance to a nightclub or some kind of professional establishment.
Skip forward to 14 seconds in and it can be seen only for a few frames that there is another sign on the far left-hand side of the shot simply entitled "Mr." This is the title to another hit song by Kara and it would appear as if this is also an establishment similar to the one named "Step". It could be a coincidence that these two establishments are beside each other and are both named in tribute to Kara or perhaps Kara's songs could have been named in tribute to the two places. It isn't clear which scenario is true but what is clear is there is something fishy going on and more attention needs to be paid to this video.
Paying close attention pays off , as when jumping to 40 seconds shows another sign above another establishment. This time the sign was entitled "Lupin" Lupin being the 2010 hit also by Kara. From this, we can infer that there is either some kind of strange, unearthly coincidence involving Kara and their discography as of the time of step's recording, or there is a chain of nightclubs/restaurants/tattoo parlors dedicated solely to embracing the greatness that is Kara's discography.
These suspicions are confirmed, when at 1:50, the buildings "honey" "jumping" "step" and "Mr." all come clearly into the shot and are all hit Kara songs. From this point onwards it becomes clear that there is some kind of avenue or street occupied only by stores dedicated to Kara stans like myself and everyone else in the world who are also Kara stans even if they don't realise they are or know what Kara is. The question is, when will the world be ready to visit such a place and when can I go there?
In conclusion: Kara is great. I'm hyped. You're hyped. Everyone is hyped.
TLDR: Look at these Kara videos and get hype for Kara
Also Nicole is gonna be better than Kara's song because Nicole is the best and your favourite.
Slightly more on-topic, I heard something special and that song is gonna be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the choreography for it though. It's gonna be good.
Nicole hypeu pics said:
I love purple haired Nicole so much said:
Not that on topic but Nicole has a tatoo!? said:

ramyeon

Producer is a bit of a letdown. It's trying to take queues from shows like The Office obviously but the humor just isn't there. Hopefully it picks up.

Dice

Does professional Starcraft count like drama does? I mean, IU has been associated with it... lol. Just thought I'd mention I like the proleague translator Sojung Lim and she's getting into modeling and other things lately. Be a fan if you like Starcraft stuff.

In case that doesn't count, here is more Kara:

ramyeon

I never thought I'd be bored watching an episode of a drama with Gong Hyo Jin, Cha Tae Hyun and IU in it but this proved me wrong :( Haven't watched the second episode yet though, I hear it picks up a bit.

Not really seeing the point of the mockumentary interview parts though, it worked in The Office but it just doesn't seem necessary here.

But if it means more IU, I'm okay with it. Digital single for Heart comes out tomorrow - can't wait!

Peru

It didn't hit it out of the park with its start, I agree, but I'm generally keen on new ideas especially in a stale genre so I remain positive. I like her character. And her dance song. Hope that gets released as well.

SMASH isn't my favorite song on the BoA album but daaang she pulled off some classic BoA moves for its stage today, must see.. but the video is removed now. Help

Dice

It was IU's birthday. I knew it but didn't post anything. I failed her.

ramyeon

Second episode of Producer was definitely better than the first. Didn't like IU's character at first but she becomes more likeable in this episode. The snippet of Heart they played sounds great too, looking forward to hearing the full song tomorrow.

isuzu

Shinee's new album is great. It's like a modern version of their 1st album. SM is slaying hard this year what is this
4GKt6Ni.gif

llehuty

IU (&#50500;&#51060;&#50976;) - &#47560;&#51020; (Heart) (Youtube link)

Topping the charts already

It didn't hit it out of the park with its start, I agree, but I'm generally keen on new ideas especially in a stale genre so I remain positive. I like her character. And her dance song. Hope that gets released as well.

SMASH isn't my favorite song on the BoA album but daaang she pulled off some classic BoA moves for its stage today, must see.. but the video is removed now. Help

Here

She is so good, but the spastic music show camera work has to go.

Top Bottom