• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

luso

It has been revealed just how filial of a daughter Girls’ Generation member Taeyeon is.

On the June 15 broadcast of tvN’s “The List 2015,” a number of stars were acknowledged for their filial ways, one of whom was Taeyeon.

It is predicted that Girls’ Generation earned around 22 billion KRW (approx. 19.7 million USD) through group promotions last year, and that each one of the members received 900 million KRW (approx. $807,000 USD) of that total, at the very least.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/15/taeyeon-revealed-to-have-bought-the-most-expensive-apartment-in-jeonju-for-her-parents/

damn the girls are getting robbed... :( wtf good for tae nontheless. but damn they should be getting more than that...

https://youtu.be/RQLca6KORWo?t=3m41s
May 2012. LQ video.

But not possible to tell if that's before or after taxes...
That's not very bad (but do we have other groups income for comparison?) and that's for one single year.

luso

Japanese tour plus Tokyo Dome. That amount is only group related. Anyway SM/others took more than 50% but looks better than claimed by people so many times, if true.

Eh the money split in k-pop groups is always suspect to me. It's one thing to split it for group stuff but after finding out they split it even for solo activities always bothered me. Same with the company~artist split, but I don't doubt that's similar no matter where in the world you are.

Pendulum

6 members of MBK's (CCM's) new girl group revealed.

mbk-new-girl-group.jpg

Not sure why the bottom 3 don't have names, but line-up is said to be "Eunice, Chae Yeon, Jenny, Eun Jin, Ye Bin, and Cathy". Might be a 7th member.

Dani didn't make the cut.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
damn the girls are getting robbed... :( wtf good for tae nontheless. but damn they should be getting more than that...
Why? SNSD is a brand, possibly still the biggest brand SM has (is Exo bigger now?) Creative directors, producers, stylists, trainers, facilities, agents, managers, promotions, and all assistants make SNSD happen and all need to be paid, too. SM can't "pay for this themselves" because their money is the money SNSD brings in. Newer SM acts like Red Velvet probably bring in less profit, so a greater ratio has to come out of SM's collective pool to cover those expenses until they become bigger, which means the big income flows like SNSD get bigger cuts, yet they also probably pay those employees back the best.

llehuty

How about that FFVII remake though.

If you are more excited about a remake instead of new games like the last guardian and Shenmue, you are doing it wrong.
Everything is hype though.

Also, fuck timezones, seeing that live must have been magical.

If you are more excited about a remake instead of new games like the last guardian and Shenmue, you are doing it wrong.

Aside from the fact that it's a remake, it's not even a remake of FFIX, the superior PSOne FF...

ramyeon

I dunno man, FFVII was a huge part of my childhood so it definitely got me the most hyped. I unfortunately never got to play Shenmue as I never had a Dreamcast nor an Xbox, it sounds great though. I hope with the release of 3 they make the first 2 available for PS4 as well.

I'll be honest, what they showed of Last Guardian wasn't enough to get me hyped after so long. I feel like that game would have been better served with a story trailer rather than the straight gameplay demo they did. I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but the footage wasn't really that hype.
Aside from the fact that it's a remake, it's not even a remake of FFIX, the superior PSOne FF...
FFIX was indeed great, but let's be real FFVII needs a remake more than any other PSX era entry. It was all over the place graphically, you had the characters in the CG clips, the models in the battles and then the chibi map models. The translation was pretty shoddy too.

Dice

I had a bit of an extra-surreal experience. I clicked my vote for FF7 Remake in the poll for the conference thread."it'll never happen tho" I said to myself as I immediately clicked the link for the live stream and it opened to the shot of Midgar in the announcement trailer. The crowd cheered as it finished and he quickly moved on to something about Devolver and my internet disconnected for a few minutes. I like to think the announcement crashed the internet.

but let's be real FFVII needs a remake more than any other PSX era entry. It was all over the place graphically, you had the characters in the CG clips, the models in the battles and then the chibi map models. The translation was pretty shoddy too.
With that in view, it seems they are going for a realistic style for the remake, which presents some challenges. There was a lot of really fucked up stuff presented in a comical way, and it got away with it via the ridiculous super deformed style and shadowbox-like perspective of an overhead view. If everything is all realistic and serious feeling, I don't know how they'll sell some parts of the game without dramatically changing the tone, creating a wholly different experience than the operatic hodge-podge it was, which was a unique strength.

ramyeon

I had a bit of an extra-surreal experience. I clicked my vote for FF7 Remake in the poll for the conference thread."it'll never happen tho" I said to myself as I immediately clicked the link for the live stream and it opened to the shot of Midgar in the announcement trailer. The crowd cheered as it finished and he quickly moved on to something about Devolver and my internet disconnected for a few minutes. I like to think the announcement crashed the internet.

With that in view, it seems they are going for a realistic style for the remake, which presents some challenges. There was a lot of really fucked up stuff presented in a comical way, and it got away with it via the ridiculous super deformed style and shadowbox-like perspective of an overhead view. If everything is all realistic and serious feeling, I don't know how they'll sell some parts of the game without dramatically changing the tone, creating a wholly different experience than the operatic hodge-podge it was, which was a unique strength.
Trying to picture all the Don Corneo and Golden Saucer stuff in realistic graphics.

So weird.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out regardless.

Dice

Trying to picture all the Don Corneo and Golden Saucer stuff in realistic graphics.

So weird. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out regardless.
Or how they will flip between impoverished oppression and brutal slaughtering of innocents to goofy/comical portrayal of Shinra president. Also can't wait for the transphobia scandal/uproar with Cloud's dress-up scenes. Outrage traditionalist fans of the game who fueled the demand for the remake, or outrage the people who have no original-game context for it? How will they balance it? I'll have my popcorn ready either way.

So how about dat kpop tho.

ramyeon

Such a boring day in Kpop. Calm before the storm I suppose, with the slew of girl group comebacks coming starting from the end of this week.

vanty

I can't believe I'm staying up all night to watch Nintendo's digital event tonight.

Unless you need to be discussing it live it's easier to just wake up 45 minutes early or so and watch it on YouTube. No crappy streaming issues that way either. Outside of the World Cup I'm not interested in getting 3 hours of sleep in the middle of the week ahah

ramyeon

Unless you need to be discussing it live it's easier to just wake up 45 minutes early or so and watch it on YouTube. No crappy streaming issues that way either. Outside of the World Cup I'm not interested in getting 3 hours of sleep in the middle of the week ahah
Haha I'm a sucker for live events, I stayed up for WWDC the other week too. I don't really have any issues with Nintendo's streaming either, they're usually pretty seamless!

Moonbyul too good.

Cuddler

Teaser for the new 2BiC song is out!
[Teaser] 2BiC(투빅) _ It’s Summer(여름이잖아요)
How popular are 2BIC in Korea, what's their main fan base look like, etc. ?
They aren't as popular as they "deserve"(maybe not the right word but I couldn't find a better one) to be (in my opinion obviously). Their songs usually are downloaded more than 100000 times, with some of them who have done more than 500000 (Love Again, I'm loving you and maybe even Love Game but I'm not really sure about this). Their physical albums are not easy to find in stores as far as I know. I think they have some difficulties in reaching a wider public every time they release a song, various songs by them have become popular after a while that they were released thanks to things they have no control over (couple dancing viral video, idols interest, covers on popular show). The songs were always there (actually all the 2BiC songs are at least good imo) but a lot of people didn't know about them. Their fan base is varied, but I think is mostly composed by people in their 20s and mostly male.

llehuty

New ep of 9muses cast

Hype > sleep

I stayed until 4am last Sunday because of the Nintendo World Championship thing. No regrets.

Dice

Oh god how am I going to stay up so many more hours for Nintendo

Star Fox Star Fox Star Fox Star Fox Star Fox Star Fox Star Fox

*does many barrel rolls*

vanty

Should be at 12 UTC like most F1 races, maybe the time when the most people in the world are able to watch something live even if it is a Tuesday not Sunday.

Peru

Just under 4 hours to go. Why can't Nintendo do this at normal times like everyone else?

They do, unlike Sony. I woke up to "Sony conference over: all fan service imaginable delivered".

I fear Star Fox will be the big thing. On rail shooters, just not for me. Next year should be more exciting.

It definitely was magical.

Seeing the The Last Guardian, I was like alright, looks like Sony's planning to kill it. Show FF7R and my world was already crumbling... then they show Shenmue 3 minutes later.

I'm sure you've seen that gif of Gametrailers' Huber losing his shit over Shenmue 3... let's just say I had the same reaction lol.

Nah. That can wait until after they remake FF8 instead.

Imagine a fully remade FF8 with KH's battle system and an open world where you can roam around Balamb Garden... man I'm already drooling over here.

Squall x Quistis was my first OTP lol.

Peru

AOA - 심쿵해 (Heart Attack) Special Teaser 2

So sick of 'comedy' dudes acting mentally disturbed in kpop vids.

(The sony presser dramaturgy was weird. They had some super hype properties but when it was over I was just thinking about that dire CoD stuff. All the games I was most excited about like Horizon were trailer-only 'future' stuff. )

No No Eul

As half of the off topic Natsumikan fanclub, it seems like she's finally getting something.

Nice. I mean I'm not really sure what that article is all about but whatever it is, it's bound to be great.

The instrumental part of that song sounds so rad. As for the video, I must admit I was hoping for some pure, unadulterated, sporty AOA hotness. I could really do without all the goofy shit.

AOA SBENU CF

Top Bottom