• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Happy birthday to Sungah, whose presence made 9M better than ever.

In other news, K-netz are now calling for Girl's Day to be bound, gagged, tarred and feathered over a mukbang stream or something? I saw the video, and yeah...They looked a bit rude but shit, maybe they were tired or something. Or maybe they were being assholes.

Either way, they could be the new T-ara. Or not. We'll see.

llehuty

lol this pic:

z07Tt7Y.jpg

I doubt they get T-ara'd for this, but maybe they get Kara'd?

Pendulum

In other news, K-netz are now calling for Girl's Day to be bound, gagged, tarred and feathered over a mukbang stream or something? I saw the video, and yeah...They looked a bit rude but shit, maybe they were tired or something. Or maybe they were being assholes.

Either way, they could be the new T-ara. Or not. We'll see.

Just netizen panties in a twist as usual. The AfreecaTV host involved already stuck up for them and explained. Probably same netizens that are mad that Girl's Day wore short shorts.

Edit: I notice no netizens are complaining about the host doing racist impersonations.

SM seems to be starting early in creating hype for their next generation of groups (after RV and SR15B).

Boys
Girls
(credit to Jose)

Sonamoo comeback teaser images (D.ana and NewSun). NewSun looks better with longer hair (or at least not the bowl cut)

Edit: Missed the ones from earlier - Nahyun and Sumin

New Sun looks much cuter with actual hair, to the surprise of no one. Not feeling D.ana's picture, but it's probably just the angle. I doubt D.ana would look bad, even with shitty hair. Nahyun looks flawless, as expected. Looking forward to seeing Euijin and Minjae.

Stellar comeback teaser image

Higher quality

vanty

Hyosung's hair is probably the worst I've ever seen on an idol. Like I'm not sure how it even happened, even Sunny's terrible hair had some kind of intention or whatever.

CJc1L8lUsAgW_ER.jpg

Not the best example of it but it's just the most recent thing she posted and I wasn't going to even bother that much.

vanty

Whoever it was who was complaining about the picture and/or sub quality of the latest RM episode the other day you get proper links here.

Listening to Ring My Bell in better than YT quality and with headphones instead of speakers removes the big issue I had of it just being a lot of noise. It's actually reasonably decent, much better than Party for surrrrre.

luso

Apparently SSF is subbing this episode.
An advantage may be the additional translation of the on-screen text.
I have yet to watch it, I'll wait some more time.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Honestly last few Running Man episodes have been brilliant. I want ratings to get better so it runs for years. Soshi episode was just goddamn hilarious. Name-tag ripping needs to be a constant on this show.

Still the funniest thing from the last 10 episodes, is Verbal Jint's amazing physicality and skills. Dude was pure unstoppable beast...

Honestly last few Running Man episodes have been brilliant. I want ratings to get better so it runs for years. Soshi episode was just goddamn hilarious. Name-tag ripping needs to be a constant on this show.

Still the funniest thing from the last 10 episodes, is Verbal Jint's amazing physicality and skills. Dude was pure unstoppable beast...

They did that about two or so years straight and it got boring. Well more that they started rehashing ideas and obviously letting people win. Tag ripping is great but they over played it a few years ago, though now that its been awhile its nice to see again. Need to find that balance again and not go all in on one concept -cough spies in every episode cough-

I was recommended to this thread a long time ago, but only just now posting. I was looking for the one that I was talking to but I dont have the PM anymore XD I was talking them about some of the k-pop dance covers I have done on my YT.

How is everyone's summer ( ・ω・)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I was recommended to this thread a long time ago, but only just now posting. I was looking for the one that I was talking to but I dont have the PM anymore XD I was talking them about some of the k-pop dance covers I have done on my YT.

How is everyone's summer ( ・ω・)

I see After School, Kara and Rania? Good taste. Except for the lack of 4Minute. Grr. Hyuna doesn't count. Great dancing though.

The problem with the recent RM episodes is due to the fact it became a guests show, where the guests are just there to promote their shit meanwhile the main cast just basically sit in the sidelines. 90% of it's viewers watch it for the cast itself, not the fact that Soshi, the SMTM4 crew, or whoever else shows up. Just look at the ratings for the Soshi ep(9.7%)... it couldn't even beat Real Men 2(10.9%) or 1N2D(15.8%).

For the record, Big Bang's episode had 10.7% and the SMTM4 ep had 7.4(!!!!!!). The highest rating it ever got just for the last month was when Haha's wife, Byul, guested on the show... sure the other guests were on another variety and are big time stage actors... but I guarantee you the viewers tuned in to watch how Haha would act with his real life wife on camera.

The sad thing is, they actually can't drop RM easily. Not because it's got some BS contracts with the cast or whatever, but the brand is too lucrative overseas. The cast and show make so much money with their appearances everywhere, plus they've been licensing the rights to the show to anybody who wants it and charging top dollar.

Me personally, I actually gave up watching the episode with Haeryung and whoever else because it was boring as fnck. It didn't matter that Haeryung was a cutie or Seung-eon was a goddess, that games were just stupid and uninteresting to watch and they have been for a while. It's the cast interaction that makes the show imo.

On the other hand, you've got Infinite Challenge which for the moment isn't as popular as Running Man internationally, but that show never disappoints. And those guys have been through shit the entire year. Gil and Hongchul's drunk driving incidents for example... they were at the verge of cancellation in December until TOTOGA aired and it literally saved their asses.

Maybe RM needs some kind of scandal to light a fire under their ass but for now the only way the show can be as great as the old ones is to sack the current writers and PD's and give it to somebody with fresh ideas.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
They did that about two or so years straight and it got boring. Well more that they started rehashing ideas and obviously letting people win. Tag ripping is great but they over played it a few years ago, though now that its been awhile its nice to see again. Need to find that balance again and not go all in on one concept -cough spies in every episode cough-

It is still their best game IMO. They always made it feel fresh in some fashion. I do agree that the scripted stuff is always damn awkward. Just look at the Soshi ep. Fun as hell, but scripted as hell. Still loved that.

I actually really don't mind the show being guest heavy now. Sure the core cast is what makes us love the show, but the guests themselves that I've seen in recent episodes, have been entertaining enough to me. The SMTM4 crew was hilarious. Soshi was fun. Big Bang was fun. But I can see why some people are tired of the format.

I much prefer old school RM where they locked them in one setting and let them have a go, with simplier games and objectives.

I think that made people disconnect a bit, is this whole system of driving to a billion different settings, which to me was seemingly done to showcase the guests sitting a car with a RM member just shooting the breeze, and making them look cool or weird or whatever.

I really do think that the games are still pretty fun for the most part. The SMTM4 ep, may not have brought big viewership and judging from the streaming sites comments, I am fully aware I am quite the minority in liking these new eps, but man all of these games were fun to me haha. Simple stuff like that chalkboard game is what makes RM so good to me. I am a bit tired of the higher budget, MASSIVE props and sets stuff they have going on a lot recently.

The problem with the recent RM episodes is due to the fact it became a guests show, where the guests are just there to promote their shit meanwhile the main cast just basically sit in the sidelines. 90% of it's viewers watch it for the cast itself, not the fact that Soshi, the SMTM4 crew, or whoever else shows up. Just look at the ratings for the Soshi ep(9.7%)... it couldn't even beat Real Men 2(10.9%) or 1N2D(15.8%).

For the record, Big Bang's episode had 10.7% and the SMTM4 ep had 7.4(!!!!!!). The highest rating it ever got just for the last month was when Haha's wife, Byul, guested on the show... sure the other guests were on another variety and are big time stage actors... but I guarantee you the viewers tuned in to watch how Haha would act with his real life wife on camera.

The sad thing is, they actually can't drop RM easily. Not because it's got some BS contracts with the cast or whatever, but the brand is too lucrative overseas. The cast and show make so much money with their appearances everywhere, plus they've been licensing the rights to the show to anybody who wants it and charging top dollar.

Me personally, I actually gave up watching the episode with Haeryung and whoever else because it was boring as fnck. It didn't matter that Haeryung was a cutie or Seung-eon was a goddess, that games were just stupid and uninteresting to watch and they have been for a while. It's the cast interaction that makes the show imo.

On the other hand, you've got Infinite Challenge which for the moment isn't as popular as Running Man internationally, but that show never disappoints. And those guys have been through shit the entire year. Gil and Hongchul's drunk driving incidents for example... they were at the verge of cancellation in December until TOTOGA aired and it literally saved their asses.

Maybe RM needs some kind of scandal to light a fire under their ass but for now the only way the show can be as great as the old ones is to sack the current writers and PD's and give it to somebody with fresh ideas.

it need guests. Yes i watch it for the cast. But the interaction needs to be varied. Watching the cast interact with guests from time to time doing stupid game is an essential part of running man.

It is still their best game IMO. They always made it feel fresh in some fashion. I do agree that the scripted stuff is always damn awkward. Just look at the Soshi ep. Fun as hell, but scripted as hell. Still loved that.
curious. Whats scripted as hell in that episode?
What i found most cringe worthy is when members pretends to not know who the spy is/ whether the spy exists.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
curious. Whats scripted as hell in that episode?
What i found most cringe worthy is when members pretends to not know who the spy is/ whether the spy exists.

The game's rules at the end were obviously designed to ensure that Yoona would win, let's face it. Like the game was built to make sure that Yoona/SNSD would get the win no matter win.

The game's rules at the end were obviously designed to ensure that Yoona would win, let's face it. Like the game was built to make sure that Yoona/SNSD would get the win no matter win.

Well i dont find it a big deal. Running man is never about fairness of game rules. In fact, most of the time its hilariously unbalanced.
As long as the process and cast interaction is not heavily scripted, i am all fine.

JustinBB7

Yea they all have been great lately, and the next (?) one will have a bunch of girl guests too which is almost always a guarantee it will be a good episode.

Top Bottom