• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Euijin, Minjae, High.D
jGkmqWX.jpg

gaWVl9E.jpg

lMGJP7k.jpg

Cuddler

투빅(2BiC) 대기실 염탐 [Eric Benet - In The End]
[K-Poppin'] 투빅 (2BiC) - 요즘 바쁜가봐 (Love Game)
투빅(2BiC) - 여름이잖아요(It's Summer) in Ingigayo

I like Check much more than this, still, it's understandable that they choose this as title track since it fits the season more. The effect on their voices when they sing party...why the producers do this, it's horrible imo, stop doing this and let me hear their normal voices!
"Super junior to release title track 'Devil' on 16th July. Their special album consisting of 10 tracks will be released as well." The teaser is great. xD

Last Donghae comeback before enlisting ;_;
SUPER JUNIOR SPECIAL ALBUM “DEVIL” Official Trailer ver.1 on YouTube
Funny trailer, a difficult comeback for them without the member in charge of the visual of the group, I see that SM is trying to overcome this by having a shirtless guy and a guy with a really short shirt in the video, not a bad solution I will say even if it's not really the same.
lol
In other news, K-netz are now calling for Girl's Day to be bound, gagged, tarred and feathered over a mukbang stream or something? I saw the video, and yeah...They looked a bit rude but shit, maybe they were tired or something. Or maybe they were being assholes.

Either way, they could be the new T-ara. Or not. We'll see.
I actually thought that Ring my Bell wasn't as bad as many were saying and their ask in a box interview was very funny but what is wrong with them in this? I mean they were just rude, basically ignoring him and treating him like he was trash on his show. I don't really understand what they were thinking since they could see the comments live on the screen in front of them but they continued to act like this for basically the entire show.
Just netizen panties in a twist as usual. The AfreecaTV host involved already stuck up for them and explained. Probably same netizens that are mad that Girl's Day wore short shorts.
Edit: I notice no netizens are complaining about the host doing racist impersonations.
Personally I don't think their career should end or something similar just for this, it's clearly exaggerated, but I just don't understand what were they thinking, they go on a show treating the host like this, how can it sounds like a good idea, lol. Anyway, today they will be on the show again, should be interesting, I hope for all the people involved that they can close this "case".
This is how you save summer!

All your idols could never!

--

Seriously though, that's one bomb-ass track! Gonna be on repeat all day tomorrow lol.
I love how carefully worded this post is, lol.

Pendulum

It is being reported that actress Song Ji Hyo has decided parted ways with her management agency, C-JeS Entertainment, following the expiration of her contract. Along with this news, it has also officially been confirmed that she is no longer with her former boyfriend, who is also the CEO of C-JeS Entertainment.

tumblr_mc9kb3UwPn1qdcel5o4_500.gif

She broke up with the guy a couple years back. Funny how they are needing to publicaly clear that up now.

I love how carefully worded this post is, lol.

Thanks for noticing the genius of it. Too bad it got lost on a couple of peeps lol.

Speaking of The Genius... can we get some Kim Kyungran megapost pls?
Wait is it even possible... a megapost for an announcer? Lol.

I kinda hated her backstabbing character in season 1, but that was the genius of it and got her to last until the end. She's not doing herself any favors in season 4 though. I feel like she knows people hated her character back then and she's toned it down so much, choosing to play with the alliances instead of going for broke like every match in season 1.

Also I find it hilarious how they're really downplaying Jinho and Yohwan's connection. It makes it seem like they've got real bad blood due to their history. Like they still call Jinho a gamer and all but Yohwan's a poker player now and it's true but it also seems like they're totally ignoring his past as SlayerS_Boxer lol.

One thing I'm happy about the cast is Kim Gura not being part of season 4. Dude was the slimiest mofo in season 1, it actually got annoying to watch him and I actually felt some kind of gratification when he lost the death match lol.

I'm personally rooting for Dongmin, Jinho and Kyungran to slay the competition. Sangmin is also a possibility, but I'm not so sure his backstabbing character can go real far unlike season 2.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
She broke up with the guy a couple years back. Funny how they are needing to publicaly clear that up now.

Can't say I'm shocked. Wasn't there rumors going back years, about them breaking up and Ji Hyo leaving her company? Since the best RM man is married (Suk Jinnnn!), may she date the second best member...Jong Kook.

On the other hand...NB comments have me shook. Kwang Soo's with Nana? Dat one picture says all though. Goddamn. No salt there. Good going icon of betrayal.

ramyeon

Thanks for noticing the genius of it. Too bad it got lost on a couple of peeps lol.

Speaking of The Genius... can we get some Kim Kyungran megapost pls?
Wait is it even possible... a megapost for an announcer? Lol.

I kinda hated her backstabbing character in season 1, but that was the genius of it and got her to last until the end. She's not doing herself any favors in season 4 though. I feel like she knows people hated her character back then and she's toned it down so much, choosing to play with the alliances instead of going for broke like every match in season 1.

Also I find it hilarious how they're really downplaying Jinho and Yohwan's connection. It makes it seem like they've got real bad blood due to their history. Like they still call Jinho a gamer and all but Yohwan's a poker player now and it's true but it also seems like they're totally ignoring his past as SlayerS_Boxer lol.

One thing I'm happy about the cast is Kim Gura not being part of season 4. Dude was the slimiest mofo in season 1, it actually got annoying to watch him and I actually felt some kind of gratification when he lost the death match lol.

I'm personally rooting for Dongmin, Jinho and Kyungran to slay the competition. Sangmin is also a possibility, but I'm not so sure his backstabbing character can go real far unlike season 2.
I want a megapost of the dealer.

tumblr_mpa2f9hmd71r7djjbo5_r1_400.gif

bandicam_2014_03_19_1qmbhe.jpg

Yep. As far as AOA is concerned I'm all about Mina.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
Given the recent Genius talk....

I understand and appreciate that most K-entertainment is scripted but I generally find it hard to sit through most competitive varieties. I've only watched the first episode of the first season of The Genius and personally found it to be heavily scripted. Given that it's the first episode of a new series it's to be expected. Not to mention the framing and editing that comes with most shows. One generally has to give a show the benefit of the doubt. That being said the Genius seems more competitive with a higher concept and has less of a duty to get contestants over. So the idea that an episode may be worked really damages the show's credibility.

I would like to give the show another shot but want to ask fans if the show ever crossed the line credibility wise.

ramyeon

Given the recent Genius talk....

I understand and appreciate that most K-entertainment is scripted but I generally find it hard to sit through most competitive varieties. I've only watched the first episode of the first season of The Genius and personally found it to be heavily scripted. Given that it's the first episode of a new series it's to be expected. Not to mention the framing and editing that comes with most shows. One generally has to give a show the benefit of the doubt. That being said the Genius seems more competitive with a higher concept and has less of a duty to get contestants over. So the idea that an episode may be worked really damages the show's credibility.

I would like to give the show another shot but want to ask fans if the show ever crossed the line credibility wise.
I never had an issue with the first season. I honestly don't think it's that scripted, although it's been awhile since I watched it. I'm curious what made you get the impression that it was heavily scripted.

Stopped watching the second season but more because it was a bit stale rather than it being scripted.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I watched/ typed this a long time ago so maybe I missed something.

A player has nine cards separated into equal groups of three, with which you play war.There is no punishment for failing to win any rounds as one player will always be stuck with one card and they will be the de facto loser. As such you can give your partner your 3's in exchange for their 1's and have one player end up with a score of 9 and contend for the garnet. No player does this, rather they exchange in crazy schemes and alliances making them obvious targets.

At the end we have the scorned billiards player stuck holding lots of cards. She could of traded with the second place player and raised his score so she could take out the idol who screwed her. People would be lining up to for a chance at the garnet. Nobody would vote to keep a cheater.Instead she just lets time run out banking on an emotional gambit. Look at the final scores, she somehow ends up with exactly too few cards to alter the game.

dungtongue

Neo Member
I watched/ typed this a long time ago so maybe I missed something.

A player has nine cards separated into equal groups of three, with which you play war.There is no punishment for failing to win any rounds as one player will always be stuck with one card and they will be the de facto loser. As such you can give your partner your 3's in exchange for their 1's and have one player end up with a score of 9 and contend for the garnet. No player does this, rather they exchange in crazy schemes and alliances making them obvious targets.

At the end we have the scorned billiards player stuck holding lots of cards. She could of traded with the second place player and raised his score so she could take out the idol who screwed her. People would be lining up to for a chance at the garnet. Nobody would vote to keep a cheater.Instead she just lets time run out banking on an emotional gambit. Look at the final scores, she somehow ends up with exactly too few cards to alter the game.
Just watch the rest of it (don't want to spoil anything). It is very obviously unscripted especially when you get to season 2 where several of the games fail spectacularly. The only producer interference that is very clear is the order in which the players enter at the start of every episode.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I'll give it a shot then. I just had a hard time believing that a game with such an easy out made it on the show. I imagine that it was an easy way to establish characters on the first episode.

Pendulum

[Teaser 2] GUHARA(구하라) _ CHOCO CHIP COOKIES(초코칩쿠키) M/V Trailer
GUHARA!GUHARA!GUHARA!

----

150709 EXID's Showtime E01 (eng subs, unlisted)

----

Eng subs for the final episode of Sixteen on, ugh, Facebook. 1 2 (edit: Actually, just found a new upload at the usual place)
Twice Instagram has been opened. Nayeon appears to be glad Momo is in the group.

----

Shannon Williams, Yuk Ji Dam - 사랑 X 꺼져 (Love X Go Away)

----

Girls’ Generation’s Stylist Impersonator Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison
When I first read this, my eyes skipped over "Impersonator". Real A Pink stylist still at large.

----

9MUSES Claims Spot on Billboard’s World Albums Chart With “9MUSES S/S EDITION”. hyukoh too.

----

Girl's Day returned to Koon TV
The host Choi Goon began the broadcast with, "As the host, I was a bit immature with the way I progressed the show. I should have weeded out problematic comments in the realtime chat window, and caught the parts that caused discomfort. I was careless in that aspect. Today Girl's Day came here after their music show."

There was none of the raucous laughter and fooling around witnessed in the prior broadcast as the members told the viewers, "We want to say sorry. For causing discomfort for the viewers who wanted to watch a good show, we apologize. There are many things Girl's Day felt through this broadcast. From now on, we will always be bright and energetic and always work hard, and be more cautious about everything. We apologize once again," bowing deeply.

I want a megapost of the dealer.

Oh shit!

Jang Dong Min is a GAF-fer?!?!

Can you PM me Hani's number pls?!

I agree though, she's a looker too... can we also add Jungmoon to this megapost? lol

I'll give it a shot then. I just had a hard time believing that a game with such an easy out made it on the show. I imagine that it was an easy way to establish characters on the first episode.

The thing with season1-ep1 is the uncertainty between the cast... nobody trusted each other well and as a result, the set up for how their characters are was still up in the air. Ep2 is much better in that regard and you start seeing the true colors of everyone. Just wait til the episode the self-centered douche gets eliminated... then you'll see how unscripted the show is lol.

Oh fuck off Korea. Joy is perfect, leave her alone.

Soshi Velvet. <3

CJh0UeMVEAAF45N.jpg:large
#DEAD

Can't handle so much beauty.

So RV went to Music Bank just to take some instagram pictures? lol

lol true dat... shame no mods come to this sub....:(

Fuck that noise. Thread is much better off without tight moderation. That one person is so easily ignored, no need to ruin the casual and light hearted tone of the thread because of occasional shitposts.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
Looks like they worked the comments on Naver for the apology as well. I have a hard time believing openly hostile fangirls upvoted "I think this does feel like a witch hunt".

They must of succeeded in burying Sojin's rumored drunk driving case.Granted that the case was little more than a witch hunt, but I always found it odd that she was the only accused to not rush an alibi out. It would be prime time to troll so it's a bit odd that there hasn't been a peep about it.

neoism

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Goddamn, that was the most fun I've had watching a girl group's variety show in forever. I can't wait to see the rest, and I'm going to stan these girls something fierce in the future. I know it's bad to laugh at other people being scared, but man that whole amusement park thing was just bloody hilarious. They all broke down from the rides, accept LE who knew she wasn't going to make it anyway, haha. I do wish she'd have tried a ride though. Just to see her face haha.

Oh man that pure fun. Really likable young ladies too. I was under the impression that LE was the leader actually. Kind of shocked it's Solji, but then again she's Top 3 vocals in K-pop.

llehuty

Goddamn, that was the most fun I've had watching a girl group's variety show in forever. I can't wait to see the rest, and I'm going to stan these girls something fierce in the future. I know it's bad to laugh at other people being scared, but man that whole amusement park thing was just bloody hilarious. They all broke down from the rides, accept LE who knew she wasn't going to make it anyway, haha. I do wish she'd have tried a ride though. Just to see her face haha.

Oh man that pure fun. Really likable young ladies too. I was under the impression that LE was the leader actually. Kind of shocked it's Solji, but then again she's Top 3 vocals in K-pop.

I wasn't planning on watching it, but F0rneus sold me on it. Really fun episode. Gotta love their no fucks given attitude (Hani being the master on this). Solji remains best EXID though.

Top Bottom