• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

feist_

Banned
Youngji (KARA) for BNT - 허영지

Secret - [TBS1] 2015 DREAM CONCERT. 시크릿 - MAGIC+MADONNA
Hyosung - [TBS1] 2015 DREAM CONCERT. 전효성 - 반해

Elements of Hyosung's song still call to mind Hyomin's "Nice Body."

Finally watched that second SR15B SM Rookies video, and it seems they may be going for an Infinite/BTS-type guy group (excluding corporate mergers, and chiefly referring to dance/performance).

Exo doesn't quite fit that, nor do they make enough money to compensate for TVXQ revenue lost due to military service. I'd be surprised if SR15B doesn't have a 1-2 song debut by Q4 2015, or Q2 2016 at the very latest.

Obviously the world hasn't been the same since SR14G defined a generation, and thought us all how to love. So, no pressure, guys.

I think I prefer "Catch Me If You Can" to "Party".
Same. That said...

He had no choice. Forgot his password over there.
Hate you 4ever.

Kept forgetting to post the 4Minute Jihyun set below (with freckles). Easily the most interesting thing she has done in ages.

PS15070700073.jpg
PS15070700074.jpg
PS15070700075.jpg

PS15070700076.jpg
PS15070700072.jpg
236FAE48559A84003124D0

2776813A559B236A339D8E
d205f30c388db0c6940b1772ddc75e7d.jpg
271FC248559A83FE11D894

27615F3A559B236614B6CF
2208593A559B23682FF599
2773964F55914E0E12AA58

213E334F55914E1435B7B8
23097A4F55914E1004CEE5
2438514F55914E1232FE32

75d9e118baf50bdb8b89d41410864bc1.jpg
2196cd299acc0c025b864cd1e2d6e8c8.jpg
33a4f01f06bab7a7f6fe69f1bec5fe4b.jpg

bf742b193838b36fc4c7c5861f692281.jpg
2d16ebcc5c05597cb198d51e6464c182.jpg
309a3601c2ad2810206e14c47bc50409.jpg

fbe5edccaee423552c5403b8723c1edf.jpg
55efecd4c0ff2dc9ff2075de75cbbe3b.jpg
2dc2b9da705fae9559fa3729c2ba76c0.jpg

5db1e4f0cfa528c6ef0b21a9695ff532.jpg
ed4ae02c792ecc46f2e5b63cc170bffd.jpg
2965859a7645f54aaed606e09235057e.jpg

ad61e798fcaf4782d1665a54b4fdb2ce.jpg
1459cec9587088cc2e508e87b0329845.jpg
1bd8bc7faeb18269cfdade04550be9ed.jpg
hong jin young, park hye rim, jihyun, kang han na, youngji

llehuty

[스제-N. 87 ] 다쳐 음악방송 대기실 메이킹
9Muses chilling in the waiting room.

DUCK MY SICK
oIyzZbf.jpg

Containers and now that shirt.

11334618_1021815764496099_181212027_n.jpg

A-Stink are worthless.
kind of /s

gone not around is pretty good, haven't heard it. like i said i only really listened to a few, so definitely would like recommendations like that. :) ma boy is okay, didn't really like it too much but it's alright

Eldren and peru already linked some, but here is the full set of Alone clones:

AOA - 흔들려 (Confused)
AOA - 짧은 치마 (Miniskirt)
AOA - 단발머리 (Short Hair)
Girl's Day - Something
Also, it just hit me that Minah says in the intro "I'm sick of being Alone" lol
Dazzling Red - This person
효린(HYOLYN) - One way love
&#49440;&#48120;(Sunmi)_&#48372;&#47492;&#45804;(Full Moon) <--- This one is actually like an improvement.

This is solid, but I was expecting more of a title track vibe, and this leans a bit more on album track. It makes sense since they have more releases in store, but still...
Anyway, really happy that they stepped up their game.

Also the 9muses photobook takes prize for best one so far. Hopefully a summer tradition for kpop.

I'm giving them 1 week to announce the mnet signed Meet & Greet. I can't wait to get it in my hands anymore.

This sixteen/Twice official lineup is absolutely amazing

I'm legit shook

1.Nayeon

2.Jungyeon

3.Dahyun

4.Sana

5.Mina

6.Chaeyoung

7.Jihyo

8.Tzuyu

9.Momo

That's a solid 9 member group. And thank god that JYP backpedalling.
Momo, Sana and Mina
were my early favourites, so I'm really pleased.
4-letter-long liners FTW.
Unexpectedly hype restored.

She is not holding back. Hype.

Hope that beat that ran for most of the teaser is more indicative of the song we're gonna get than the part at the end.

DSP are the masters of teasing something complety unrelated to the title track for the first teasers.

What happened to her legs. Why are they matchsticks now?!
Let's hope this is just some awful photoshop thigh shaming.

Harusame

Nice to see SNSD's comeback with Party. Really enjoyed the music and the MV. In comparison to Ring My Bell by Girl's Day, I enjoyed Party much more...

Since I'm bored and skipped work coz I'm currently car-less, I've made a few lists...

It's already halfway through the year, so here's my iTunes top 10 most played songs released in 2015.

1. Gaeko, Yankie - Cheers
2. ELO - Your Love
3. Jane Jang - Climax
4. BoA - Who Are You
5. BoA - Home
6. Lim Kim - Upgrader
7. BoA - Love And Hate
8. Bumkey - My Everything
9. Zion.T - Eat
10. Lim Kim - Awoo

Here's a list without the artists repeating:

1. Gaeko, Yankie - Cheers
2. ELO - Your Love
3. Jane Jang - Climax
4. BoA - Who Are You
5. Lim Kim - Upgrader
6. Bumkey - My Everything
7. Zion.T - Eat
8. Red Velvet - Automatic
9. Jinusean - Tell Me One More Time
10. Mamamoo, eSNa - Ahh Oop!

Now here's all my faves from the first half of 2015:

1. Jane Jang - Climax
2. BoA - Home
3. Lim Kim - Upgrader
4. Bumkey - My Everything
5. Jane Jang - Eat
6. Zion.T - Eat
7. BoA - Who Are You
8. Primary - Mannequin
9. ELO - Your Love
10. Red Velvet - Automatic

Now here's my thoughts on my list and the 1st half of the year so far...

Interesting to see Cheers and Your Love up on the list. Both songs are respectively 10 days apart in terms of release and currently are currenly 5 plays away from matching each other.

Jane Jang's Climax... this is probably gonna be my favorite song of the year tbh. It's just sooo good in every single way. The way I see it, Jane Jang is like a female version of Bumkey with the panty-dropping sexy voice and all. It's really really good. Her entire album is seriously excellent, it hasn't even been out for an entire month and it's probably gonna be my AOTY.

Speaking of Bumkey, My Everything is pretty much perfection... especially when you get to that fantastic ending. The way the chords just modulate with the build up... it's great.

I'm actually not surprised to see BoA dominate the list. It's one of the best K-Pop albums I've heard all year. I still maintain that Home should have an English version and release it to the West... it seriously will dominate the R&B charts.

Lim Kim... another great album with a lot of good tracks but I think she cannibalized herself by releasing Awoo first instead of Love Game as Awoo is a better single release. Love Game is a great track, but it's too experimental imo.

Overall, it's been a shitty 1st half of the year for idols tbh. 4Minute made waves with Crazy, but other than that... no one else has slayed as good as BoA. Meanwhile, the K-RnB guys as well as K-Indie's are making really great music.

Disclaimer: my list and thoughts are barely an indication of the current K-Pop scene. I obviously have a bias towards K-HipHop/RnB and K-Indie and I definitely listen to more of that kind of music than K-Pop these days.

Btw, when are we getting K-Pop GAF's halfway through the year list?? I demand it now lol.

No No Eul

Ring My Bell is pretty disappointing. The song doesn't do anything for me and the MV is all over the place. Some of those set design and outfit choices are immensely questionable.

New Soshi on the other hand is really enjoyable. Fun song. Fun MV. Good stuff.

Also, I've been watching a bunch of those AOA eye contact videos and I think I like Heart Attack now. :/

RIP llehuty

ramyeon

I'll do a top 15 albums/releases of 2015 so far. Not going to do individual songs since I'd be here forever and I very rarely listen to songs outside of their album anyway.

No particular order.

IU - Heart
Crucial Star - Boyhood
Giriboy - Coming of Age Ceremony
Nieah - All her 2015 singles (Kind of cheating, sorry)
Zion.T - Eat
Black Skirts - Hollywood
Cheeze - Plain
Mamamoo - Pinky Funky
Baek Ah Yeon - You Shouldn't Have
Jang Jae In - Liquid
Sesame Seed and Cotton Candy - Dark Room
Primary & Ohhyuk - Lucky You!
hyukoh - 22
Fromm - Moonbow
Bye Bye Badman - Authentic

Pendulum

Watched the last episode of Sixteen.
I do feel sorry for Minyoung. The only member of "6Mix" that wasn't put in the final group, and you could see the shock from her ex-group members. Minyoung kept composed until JYP announced there would be 9, not 8, members in Twice - that must have felt terrible.

Mina and Sana embracing when Momo's name was called was a great shot.

Edit:
Giriboy - Coming of Age Ceremony
Bless you. I don't think I've seen anything of his posted here. Loved the album.

neoism

well I just watched RM on youtube...couldn't find a better full-screen source :/ was a little disappointing... tae barely even spoke or had any screen time, and you could tell she was afraid of getting hurt..plus the bitrate, and the sub was terrible. they shouldn't have filmed so close to there comeback... tae seems like the least competitive member..also what was wrong with seobaby.. was she sick or something.

ramyeon

Final lineup for Twice is flawless.
I never doubted you, Dahyun.

I do kind of feel that bringing Momo back in this way is a bit shitty for the other members who made it through to the final but couldn't get in to the group. It just feels like a bit of a slight in this kind of survival show. Great for her fans though. That said I do prefer her over any of the other alternatives.

I am so fucking glad Natti did not make it in.

well I just watched RM on youtube...couldn't find a better full-screen source :/ was a little disappointing... tae barely even spoke or had any screen time, and you could tell she was afraid of getting hurt..plus the bitrate, and the sub was terrible. they shouldn't have filmed so close to there comeback... tae seems like the least competitive member..also what was wrong with seobaby.. was she sick or something.

She got injured during the mid part of the show and was barely in it near the end, she explained that in a IG update.

Fany's best friend tweeted.

#WhenWillYourFaves

Good to see some lists here!

Is anybody working on the K-Pop GAF halfway through the year survey? I just did IO Interactive's Hitman survey so I'm itching to fill up other surveys haha.

One other album I forgot to add on my list is Peejay's Walkin' Vol 1. It basically came out 2 weeks ago so it hasn't hit the higher end of my plays tab on iTunes, hence why I forgot. But I'm mentioning it now before I forget again, and that it's AOTY material.

eww the heck you watching the random bootleg youtube videos for, download or third party site if you want something actually watchable outside a livestream. But yeah, very little tae/seo outside the first game. Honestly I did not mind because as much as I like them, they got plenty of screentime before on previous appearances, glad the peeps who did not appear before got on a lot. One of those episodes with a ton to show, and not enough time I guess.

Niks

Really like it. Nothing ground breaking, but solid all around. Looking forward to the other MVs.

Also, found this.
Unsurprisingly, the eight remaining members of Girls' Generation had to address the topic of Jessica's departure before the press during their showcase for their latest release on July 7. This is the first time they'll be releasing an album in Korea as eight rather than nine.

Regarding this, Taeyeon said, "We did not want to disappoint our fans, so we rolled up and stuck together more as we prepared, and this became a chance for us to become stronger. Since we've prepared so diligently, it was a shame to show just one song, so this time, we ended up trying out three songs [for title tracks]." The girls said it was a shameful thing that had happened, but the eight of them have gotten an even stronger bond together.

Yuri said, "Seeing as how each member had a long training period, we're fairly good at both singing and dancing. When we were able to separate the members into [three groups of three], we had no time to stand out, which had been a shame, but I think we've now gotten the time to show each member's charm."

Regarding the changes in choreography and singing parts, Girls' Generation said, "It's a secret of the business world, so we can't say in detail, but it's a lot easier to dance with an odd number [of people]. Eight is an even number, so making the dance movements is not easy, but we will work hard."

neoism

eww the heck you watching the random bootleg youtube videos for, download or third party site if you want something actually watchable outside a livestream. But yeah, very little tae/seo outside the first game. Honestly I did not mind because as much as I like them, they got plenty of screentime before on previous appearances, glad the peeps who did not appear before got on a lot. One of those episodes with a ton to show, and not enough time I guess.

I asked like 4 times :( I really dont know any... but yeah the youtube video looks terrible... 720p my ass. Kshow used to be good but not anymore :*( I dont have a dramafever account. but it was good enough for a one time view... haven't watched running man in a long time... I hope the variety thing the are/did film is better. Also the ep9 of heart tag still isnt fucking subbed with fany and tae... its been like 3 weeks

150707 taeyeon - party :flying petals cam

broz0rs

Anybody know why the SIXTEEN group is named Twice? The Korean romanization of it is going to be long for a one word name. (&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;)

JYPE has a penchant for naming its group with numbers don't they?

2PM
2AM
15&
Got7
Twice

ramyeon

Anybody know why the SIXTEEN group is named Twice? The Korean romanization of it is going to be long for a one word name. (&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;)

JYPE has a penchant for naming its group with numbers don't they?

2PM
2AM
15&
Got7
Twice
Because they will be able to touch people's hearts twice "once through the ears, once through the eyes".

No, seriously. lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Because that's how many times they'll get a full album over their entire existence.

luso

Fuck SM. Not even 24 hours after SNSD's release there's an overlap announcement.
Only way to redeem is to give a proper time to promote the upcoming album.
Probably is the rush before the enlistments and the new boy group.

p19pm28qri1066vlqsqo28rqql8.jpg

p19pm28qrikifl281vck1ipl5497.jpg

p19pm23cf22e319m65hh77g59qf.jpg

.... sooo uh... am I the only person who just realized the dudes that went on to form the horribly named "Monsta X" are kinda... stupidly pretty. Well at least 2 of them. haha.

Sheik

God, I miss Jessica. Party is such a meh song but the girls all look gorgeous. *___*

I just want a real f(x) comeback. That's all I want, dammit!

No No Eul

Stellar has decided that the summer release schedule isn't quite crowded enough yet.

Is anybody working on the K-Pop GAF halfway through the year survey?

I wasn't planning on doing one TBH. I figured it was probably best to skip it and do a survey at the end of the year instead, since we haven't had one of those in ages. Lists are good though!

My most played of the year so far:

4Minute - Crazy
The Black Skirts - Hollywood
Cokejazz & Hoody - Blue Horizon
Lim Kim - Upgrader
Nieah - Tell Me Why
Oh My Girl - Hot Summer Nights
Red Velvet - Candy

Odd choice of location. Whatever the photographer was going for, I don't think it works at all well with the outfits and the set dressing. The hair is glorious though.

TheChits

Fuck SM. Not even 24 hours after SNSD's release there's an overlap announcement.
Only way to redeem is to give a proper time to promote the upcoming album.
Probably is the rush before the enlistments and the new boy group.

p19pm28qri1066vlqsqo28rqql8.jpg

p19pm28qrikifl281vck1ipl5497.jpg

p19pm23cf22e319m65hh77g59qf.jpg

Those outfits <3

Top Bottom