• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

JordanKZ

subtle

fmogI47.jpg

It's the opposite of subtle, but maaaan...

ramyeon

I wonder how boring your life has to be before you decide to consistently troll a thread you have no interest in for such a long time?

ramyeon

Infinite Challenge Music Festival continues to entertain this year. Really liking some of these pair ups, Hyungdon and hyukoh are gonna be hilarious to watch.

llehuty

I want to have a talk with the people at Star Empire that decided zero promo at inkigayo.
_________
2 years of BESTie
_________
CVrhAEL.png

DSP in a reaaaally tight spot with this debut. Let's hope they don't fuck up.
_________
34min worth of Purfles performing
I need comeback, 1, 2, 3 was one of the best debuts of last year.
_________
[King of masked singer] 복면가왕 - Christmas in July VS chimaek party - Without a Heart 20150712
I think they didn't reveal who the girl was, but netizens quickly figured out she was
Gfriend's Yuju.
. Really impressed.

llehuty

The main problem that I have with Infinite's song is that every single nugu is pushing that same sound now, when Infinite had a very unique style and sound when they were working with Sweetune. The song is not bad, just unremarkable, and a step down from their golden days.

11743004_10153368750887347_2909433988714068763_n.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT OF FORCED DISBANDMENT OF ARTIST "HANY LEE"

Areia Creations Global Entertainment is in the unfortunate position to announce that we have decided to terminate our co-operation with the artist "Hany Lee" after multiple breaches in her contract.

The artist was brought from Australia to Korea under a generous contract and before agreeing with her, the company has presented her with the company mission, its size, its budget, its full agenda and targets for its original artists. That mission emphasizes the fact of our slow paced, secure working style and that our artists are not to be promoted as mainstream k-pop idols but rather as global artists with a unique image and personal style. After her arrival, the company has spent hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars for her training, development and production as a recording artist.

After only the first few weeks in Korea, the artist has started sporadically alternating her behavior between a co-operative person willing to learn and work hard, to a person behaving disrespectfully and negatively towards the company, its plan and its efforts. During that time we have found out that she was being affected deeply by the pressure and expectations for success from third parties unrelated to our company that made our co-operation hard to work. Eventually she started losing faith to herself and blaming the company for not doing things that were never part of our agreement. In good faith, we have chosen to continue supporting her and ignore the negativity and unnecessary pressure she was bringing into our environment. Despite that, the artist's behavior became even more aggressive towards our efforts something that she has been warned officially and unofficially in several occasions as she was breaching her contract.

By the time we have reached to her production phase, co-operation with her was almost impossible as her growing aggressiveness towards the company, has pushed her performance and image much below the required standards. We have still proceeded to the completion of recording her songs and filming her music videos spending a large amount of funds, time and effort. After that, as her contract predicted, Hany was sent back to her home to Australia in order for her to resume her acting career while her product was slowly put together and crafted to detail.

Almost right after her return to Australia, the artist grew impatient and with haste she proceeded into hiring a new manager, starting to take part in events of doubtful value and quality without proper preparation. We felt this was putting her deep into the amateur scene and cancelling our work of creating an idol image for her, an image in sync to the quality of the products we have been working so hard for and after all spend a lot of funds on. She openly refused to follow our guidance and judgment and in many cases she spoke ill of the company to third parties and interviews, directly insulting and damaging us, her product and our efforts. That behavior caused several investment parties to demand the retract of their investment from her further slowing down her project.

Recently, after our company announced that we are not related to Hany's activities in Australia, a small number of third parties related to her, organized a cyber-bulling incident and they have unreasonably threatened to spread bad rumors about our company via large kpop news websites. After all this negativity and several incidents during the past months, we have reached a point that the damage caused by staying in this unhealthy co-operation with Hany Lee is far greater than anything we could possibly gain by releasing her product or being involved with her in any way.

We are deeply saddened to see that Hany has failed to appreciate what was given to her and disregard it in this way, an opportunity and resources that thousands of hard training people in Korea and around the world could have taken advantage of instead.

We take full responsibility of our actions and choices and we assure everybody that invested in Hany Lee that this damage will not affect them in any way and that their funds and percentages will be transferred to our other artists who are ready to shine for you.

Everybody that has supported Hany during the past two years, please continue on doing so as her artistic value is indisputable and despite our disagreements, we wish her best lack in her future career.

Thank you,
Areia Creations Global Entertainment LTD.

No surprise, Areia Creations is really just a Mickey Mouse company headed up by a hardcore Koreaboo, so I'm not surprised that this is happening.

I never heard of this Hany Lee.

Goes to show you how much advertising Areia Creations has done. /s

In essence, they plucked her up after she posted some Youtube covers, or some shit. Basically, no one gives a shit because it's not what Areia is any good at ( Which is EDM remixes, which at this point is even suspect, I haven't heard a good remix from them since at least 2013 )

i believe this/these are the guys that do the remixes? lol

These, yes. Really, this is the work of Jun, mostly.

The fact that they have no sort of momentum with their two remaining artists (Or even Hany beforehand) is sad. Nor do they have anything to show for it. They haven't made a good remix in two years, IMO (Some say even longer), are haphazard in how they present themselves (Seriously, no blog posts in six months? More activity on your Facebook feed then your site? lol). They tried going the Jian Ghomeshi way of basically presenting everything warts and all, yet that requires you actually to have some sort of public attention.

My theory is that the info Hany and her friends, if true, were holding information to basically send to all the English kpop sites, and it didn't paint Jun in a very favorable light. Probably would have had something to do with their haphazard finances and planning (Why the fuck is one of your music mixing studios in Corfu? If you're just starting out, why not make everything centralized in Korea?) and the actual conduct of Jun. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a little tyrant behind the scenes.

llehuty

These, yes. Really, this is the work of Jun, mostly.

The fact that they have no sort of momentum with their two remaining artists (Or even Hany beforehand) is sad. Nor do they have anything to show for it. They haven't made a good remix in two years, IMO (Some say even longer), are haphazard in how they present themselves (Seriously, no blog posts in six months? More activity on your Facebook feed then your site? lol). They tried going the Jian Ghomeshi way of basically presenting everything warts and all, yet that requires you actually to have some sort of public attention.

My theory is that the info Hany and her friends, if true, were holding information to basically send to all the English kpop sites, and it didn't paint Jun in a very favorable light. Probably would have had something to do with their haphazard finances and planning (Why the fuck is one of your music mixing studios in Corfu? If you're just starting out, why not make everything centralized in Korea?) and the actual conduct of Jun. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a little tyrant behind the scenes.

Legit surprised that someone cares enough about Areia to know all this information. Anyway, earlier today I was checking their latest remixes... and well... Idon't know which one was his last good remix, but I'm pretty sure he has reached a new low.

Red Velvet (레드벨벳) - Ice Cream Cake (Areia Kpop Remix #180) PUNK/METAL MV

Pritz 0.02$ productions are better than this shit.

Legit surprised that someone cares enough about Areia to know all this information. Anyway, earlier today I was checking their latest remixes... and well... Idon't know which one was his last good remix, but I'm pretty sure he has reached a new low.

Red Velvet (레드벨벳) - Ice Cream Cake (Areia Kpop Remix #180) PUNK/METAL MV

Pritz 0.02$ productions are better than this shit.

Well it was posted on /r/kpop, so I thought you guys might care. And I used to care for Areia, again, back in 2013 when he wasn't phoning it in to keep his monopoly up. The minute he said he was going to make it into a company, I in fact said to him outright that the output was going to suck since he was doing it only for the Youtube advertiser money and for fame. He assured me that wouldn't be the case.

Let's just say I get a nice feeling of schadenfreude from this. Doesn't help that he titles his videos like clickbait articles. At the end of the day though, Areia's little experiment will end the minute his visa expires, and he'll be put into Hallyu history in the same spot as the time Allkpop tried to make a group.

honestly? Kpop could be a great, fertile ground for remixes. In fact, it was. Now? Because Areia swooped in with a promise of something more to people like Vodge Diper, Yigurtid and all those other guys, the genre has stagnated, and those who did join the Areia boat suck harder then the Phillies.

At the end of the day though, Areia's little experiment will end the minute his visa expires, and he'll be put into Hallyu history in the same spot as the time Allkpop tried to make a group.

I doubt he'll even make the history books. For what it's worth, the song he produced for Anda wasn't bad.

Kpop remixes actually died when Rex R. stopped with his remixes and mashups.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyliHz85afQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RexcDtRV_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26RzVqk6EvQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXpMC3uSio

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I really like Sonamoo's first concept of tough-ass babes in a Freddy Krueger like boiler world. This is different. We'll see.

And holy hot damn at Kyungri. HNNNNNG. One of the most drop-dead gorgeous women in the world IMO. I think the eyes do it for me. She's a little bit cross-eyed or something, and that tiny flaw just makes her a thousand times prettier. Nine Muses, still the queens of summer right now IMO. Hurt Locker is k-pop perfection. Your move SNSD. Party was meh. You Think is your one chance!

So following up on the Areia Creations dumping one of it's few signed artists business, apparently the long, Jian Ghomeshi style dumping of info has been deleted and replaced with this:

* OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT *

As of today July 13th 2015, we have decided to terminate our co-operation with the artist Hany Lee due to irreconcilable differences between the vision and targets of the two parties. We wish her best of luck in her future activities and we hope for your love and support on our upcoming artists.

Alongside this, what is assumed is the shilling account for Jun is currently trying to bad mouth and speak ill of his former employees on Reddit under the name pidulgi.

lol, straight up

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks like Gfriend plans to continue emphasizing their fabulous legs. A wise decision.

(Why the fuck is one of your music mixing studios in Corfu? If you're just starting out, why not make everything centralized in Korea?)

Actually the better question is, why the fuck do you need a "mixing studio" to mix shit in the first place?

I mix my own shit in my own bedroom, without sound isolation mind you, on a set of $250 KRK studio monitors and I NEVER have any problems in a mix because I know what frequencies are being drowned out by my bedroom and how my monitors are set up.

If anything, it's just lack of mixing skills. If they had even a tiny amount of actual mixing skills, they could churn out amazing things using a shitty ass pair of Beats headphones while sitting inside the toilet. But of course, who has the time to learn how to use their equipment these days?

I don't even know who they are honestly. Just sharing an opinion of somebody who actually went through music recording school.

And holy hot damn at Kyungri. HNNNNNG. One of the most drop-dead gorgeous women in the world IMO. I think the eyes do it for me. She's a little bit cross-eyed or something, and that tiny flaw just makes her a thousand times prettier.

Fun fact, a show in NatGeo called Brain Games had an episode a year or two ago about how humans perceive beauty... and the general gist of it is that if a human has the perfect facial structure, one who doesn't look unique or without flaws, then they actually are just average looking.

On the other hand, anybody with a flaw or looks unique is considered attractive. And when I say attractive, I don't necessarily mean good looking or whatever, but they just look different enough that you notice their face in a sea of others.

TL;DR: 5 girls in a line look like Kyungri, all 4 look the same except for one who is cross-eyed, that girl is the one who'll catch your eye instead of the others.

Actually the better question is, why the fuck do you need a "mixing studio" to mix shit in the first place?

I mix my own shit in my own bedroom, without sound isolation mind you, on a set of $250 KRK studio monitors and I NEVER have any problems in a mix because I know what frequencies are being drowned out by my bedroom and how my monitors are set up.

If anything, it's just lack of mixing skills. If they had even a tiny amount of actual mixing skills, they could churn out amazing things using a shitty ass pair of Beats headphones while sitting inside the toilet. But of course, who has the time to learn how to use their equipment these days?

I don't even know who they are honestly. Just sharing an opinion of somebody who actually went through music recording school.

Because Areia Creations made up of shit DJ's? Actually, I shouldn't say that. There's some legit talent hidden under that monopoly. It's just headed up by a headstrong asshole.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fun fact, a show in NatGeo called Brain Games had an episode a year or two ago about how humans perceive beauty... and the general gist of it is that if a human has the perfect facial structure, one who doesn't look unique or without flaws, then they actually are just average looking.

On the other hand, anybody with a flaw or looks unique is considered attractive. And when I say attractive, I don't necessarily mean good looking or whatever, but they just look different enough that you notice their face in a sea of others.

TL;DR: 5 girls in a line look like Kyungri, all 4 look the same except for one who is cross-eyed, that girl is the one who'll catch your eye instead of the others.

That was fascinating to read thank you. It really explains a lot. My favorite k-pop ladies are all unique in some fashion. I understand why K-netz fawn over IU and Suzy, but for me, the most beautiful girls are those like Kyungri, Jeon Jiyoon, Hana, etc...

On the flip side, this whole conversation actually made me a bit sad. Looking at Kyungri's instagram...there are many pictures where she covers her right eye with her hand, or with a flower, or a pot or whatever. She even uses 0_o as an emoticon in her posts sometimes. She obviously is aware of her problem...Which is just sad. But somehow makes her even more attractive.

It's just plain cute. A goddess like this, trying her best to hide a teeny little thing that doesn't matter at all. It's wish fulfillment. If a woman so incredibly gorgeous, can be body conscious...all of your flaws are diminished. Thanks Kyungri. You perfect 10, you.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The general term is strabismus, which can be for a variety of reasons, but her type with one turning in is most commonly from the typical weakness in ability to focus except with the addition of the brain realizing it can correct the focus if it overcompensates on a muscle elsewhere, which ends up pulling the eye in. My grampa and uncle and I have it. That tends to also cause a double vision, so the brain tends to take signal from that eye less. Corrective lenses take care of it mostly, but it can still be there faintly for some people.

But anyway when she uses those eyes to give looks like this:
https://youtu.be/PIWwoNO0MKI?t=2m42s

RIP me. ILU KYUNGRI! <3 <3 <3 <3

Kyungris eyes are like those of a tiger. That's her biggest appeal. Other idols looking like animals include Tao looking like a crow, and Xiumin looking like a rat.

ramyeon

IU's song "Knee" that was posted by her for fans and then later on LOEN Tree's YouTube last year has been gaining a lot of popularity since she played a bit of it on Infinite Challenge the other night. If it were available on streaming sites I wouldn't be surprised if it were number 1 right now.

1theK went ahead and uploaded the audio just before too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiLiFrZJ74

llehuty

Top Bottom