• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Peru

All of JYP's WG experiments justified if WG turn into full-time band and it starts a trend. I doubt the others can match Sunmi's skill level tho

ryan-ts

All of JYP's WG experiments justified if WG turn into full-time band and it starts a trend. I doubt the others can match Sunmi's skill level tho

Put the other members on the triangle, recorder and gong. Problem solved.

I feel like Lim could be pretty good at whatever instrument she plays, not sure about Yenny or Yubin.

roaSone

WG teasers are really appealing, speaking of that, who is the remaining girl ? I have like no memories of her, not even her name.

JKTrix

Yenny/Ye Eun/Ha:tfelt is the only one who has been there the whole time. I'll assume you're blanking on 'Hyelim', who joined after Sunmi initially left.

Pendulum

tumblr_nrufv725vV1ts2pwlo1_540.gif

Yenny's playing keyboards in the group. There's no question about her skill.

---

Tablo's signed hyukoh as the first artist on his new record label, HIGHGRND.

---

That Primary release on the 24th is featuring Mamamoo's Hwa Sa and Palo Alto.

---

[Teaser] APRIL(에이프릴) NAEUN(나은)
That suggestion of 2 Baby Kara members only looking more and more likely. Also, apparently Naeun left JYP in Feb of this year (right around the time Sixteen was being prepared) after having joined in 2014, so this is a fast debut.

OQSdX1r.gif

I want to see idols dance, not play instruments (unless it's violins). As an oddity, like this comeback and the rare AOA Black comeback every once in a while, it's fine. But if kpop turns into a bunch of bands, then I'll lose interest quick.

No No Eul

Peru

OQSdX1r.gif

I want to see idols dance, not play instruments (unless it's violins). As an oddity, like this comeback and the rare AOA Black comeback every once in a while, it's fine. But if kpop turns into a bunch of bands, then I'll lose interest quick.

Not like that would happen. So much fun with all female pop rock bands in Japan, we need some of it in Korea. Not like losing a few generic girl group dance routines would be a great loss.Variation, man, variation.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Edit: Running Man 256 -
Ok, that seesaw turned out to be funnier than expected, what with Kwang Soo's adventures and the reactions to Jin Hee's t-shirt

It was amazing.
The sheer amount of ripped clothes in the seesaw was just hilarious. I cracked up so hard at Kwangsoo too. First, he smashes his balls, then he uses that newfound knowledge when it's his turn to rip nametags off hahaha. And man does he pull females hair a lot. Accident my ass, KS lol

4Minute's Video episode 1 (eng subs)
I don't remember hearing anything about this.

Awwww yiss. I was waiting for this, for sooo long.

roaSone

Yenny/Ye Eun/Ha:tfelt is the only one who has been there the whole time. I'll assume you're blanking on 'Hyelim', who joined after Sunmi initially left.
Yeah I was speaking about Hyelim. Actually I had also completely forgot that Ha:tfelt was a WG member, hype level increasing drastically!

llehuty

여자친구 GFriend - 오늘부터 우리는 Me Gustas Tu Official Teaser
Kind of disappointing that they are basically re-releasing glass bead, but can't really blame them. Is Exid's Ah Yeah situation all over again.

Can we magically get After School's E-young in the Wonder Girls somehow? PLS?

플레이백(PLAYBACK) - I'm in Love @Tencent K-POP Live Music
Any idea if this is an original song by them or a cover?

Chad Future (채드 퓨처) "AK-POP [2nd Mini Album]" - So Good (Feat. 유지 of 베스티)

He is featured in a korean music distributor (Not a big one, thankfully). Stil, RIP kpop, it was good knowing you.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
At one point in the new 4Minute variety show, Jiyoon pulls something out of her bag, and I was like: "Ohh. So that's why they are suuuuper happy, and waving to passing cars, and singing like 30 songs in a row, and stuffing their faces with chips, candies and snacks!"...Except it was just energy drinks. But man, that looked like something else at first haha.

If anything, that first episode definitely appealed to side of me who absolutely loves seeing idols eating tons of foodstuff.

On the flipside. I was shellacked that Gayoon is friend with the band's stylist. I was 100% sure of the contrary, ever since that Weekly Idol episode (when they came back with Crazy). I mean, girl was decked out in ridiculous puffy overalls, that made her look like someone zapped a preschooler with a "grow old fast" ray gun. Flashforward to this show, BAM! Still in crappy overalls with a stripped shirt. She looked like a Chucky cosplay.

llehuty

At one point in the new 4Minute variety show, Jiyoon pulls something out of her bag, and I was like: "Ohh. So that's why they are suuuuper happy, and waving to passing cars, and singing like 30 songs in a row, and stuffing their faces with chips, candies and snacks!"...Except it was just energy drinks. But man, that looked like something else at first haha.

If anything, that first episode definitely appealed to side of me who absolutely loves seeing idols eating tons of foodstuff.

On the flipside. I was shellacked that Gayoon is friend with the band's stylist. I was 100% sure of the contrary, ever since that Weekly Idol episode (when they came back with Crazy). I mean, girl was decked out in ridiculous puffy overalls, that made her look like someone zapped a preschooler with a "grow old fast" ray gun. Flashforward to this show, BAM! Still in crappy overalls with a stripped shirt. She looked like a Chucky cosplay.

Yeah Gayoon is the one that has been behind their "concepts" and "styling" for the last 2 or 3 years. Let's just say that the girl sings well.

Ashhong

Anybody have an Apple Music playlist of new kpop to share?

Just stumbled across AOA - One Thing after listening to Heart Attack, love itttttt

edit: holy moly Yubin. What have I been missing??

Fafnir

Channel SNSD ep 1.

Loving the BGM using Soshi songs.
Blonde Taengoo too ghostly.
Danshins TaeSun teamed up with the long legs SooYul.
Please don't let Maknae behind the wheel.
Hhmm Hyoyeon, last time I saw her drive was on WGM and I was getting road rage just watching.
Sooyoung working the variety.
Church driver Sooyoung making me nervous.
Uggh that pretentious chef from Human Condition.
Sunny spanking that Fany.
Maknae loving that citrus soju.
Sooyoung is killing it. She could make a show about her going to church entertaining at this point.
Damn I want a SuJu Devil tshirt, would only wear in America.
Yuri with that Lee Seunggi name drop.
Taengoo so clutch in word games.
I'm sure SONEs have better embarrassing photos, but that Sunny was it pretty bad.

hiQGKmu.gif
IiO2B0x.gif

jlqYhQp.gif
Lovk5ro.gif

SlLYZbe.gif
1Vx3FeT.gif

gLIZd9j.gif
gurvIW4.gif

m4j8a9C.gif
2isQlxa.gif

R3nRmuR.gif
NX39lQP.gif

mBIdK7a.gif
DcpUO7p.gif

Vnu3boE.gif
jdzLgol.gif

io0QpmV.gif
Yi1fFp5.gif

llehuty

This recent Hara quote is something else:

"I don’t want to do acting or other things just because I can’t sing."

The backlash that writes by itself.

Haha looks like I was partially correct about Yubin playing drums lol.

It's interesting how they cut the two teasers so far though, they clearly are playing the instruments, but there's couple of shots where things are obscure enough that I can't tell if they match the sound or not. I'm hoping this teaser is indicative of what they really are capable, K-Pop fanzzzz won't care for it, but they'd lose some credibility in my eyes if it's a farce.

And yes, it does bother me a lot if things don't match. I was recently watching a movie where the characters are musicians and what they were playing didn't match up with the sound. There's even one part where the drummer hit the crash cymbals literally 2 seconds after you hear it. I almost walked out of the movie at that point, but that was 20 minutes in and I wasn't about to ditch 5 other people so I stuck with it lol.

As long as they stick to their style, I'm fine with this. Wi ing Wi ing and Comes and Goes are two of the best tracks I've heard all year.

That Primary release on the 24th is featuring Mamamoo's Hwa Sa and Palo Alto.

Oh shit. I'm probably expecting too much, but if this track turns out to be a sexy, smoky jazz track, the kind of track where you're taking a smoke or enjoying some scotch, or both really, I'd cancel everything and just hand Primary an award lol.

Niks

Channel SNSD ep 1.

Loving the BGM using Soshi songs.
Blonde Taengoo too ghostly.
Danshins TaeSun teamed up with the long legs SooYul.
Please don't let Maknae behind the wheel.
Hhmm Hyoyeon, last time I saw her drive was on WGM and I was getting road rage just watching.
Sooyoung working the variety.
Church driver Sooyoung making me nervous.
Uggh that pretentious chef from Human Condition.
Sunny spanking that Fany.
Maknae loving that citrus soju.
Sooyoung is killing it. She could make a show about her going to church entertaining at this point.
Damn I want a SuJu Devil tshirt, would only wear in America.
Yuri with that Lee Seunggi name drop.
Taengoo so clutch in word games.
I'm sure SONEs have better embarrassing photos, but that Sunny was it pretty bad.

downloading a 7gb file as I type this.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I've just had a weird flash but bear with me. I was watching old 4Minute variety shows, and saw this one food show with this chick Woori...And if you stuck her in a girl group with Jaekyung and Jisook and gave them banging tunes like "To Me" and "Gossip Girl", they'd go super far. Like...no way in hell pretty and talented girls like that could fail. Shit, that'd be so fetch. It needs to happen.

llehuty

Haha looks like I was partially correct about Yubin playing drums lol.

It's interesting how they cut the two teasers so far though, they clearly are playing the instruments, but there's couple of shots where things are obscure enough that I can't tell if they match the sound or not. I'm hoping this teaser is indicative of what they really are capable, K-Pop fanzzzz won't care for it, but they'd lose some credibility in my eyes if it's a farce.

And yes, it does bother me a lot if things don't match. I was recently watching a movie where the characters are musicians and what they were playing didn't match up with the sound. There's even one part where the drummer hit the crash cymbals literally 2 seconds after you hear it. I almost walked out of the movie at that point, but that was 20 minutes in and I wasn't about to ditch 5 other people so I stuck with it lol.

I'm expecting AOA black levels of ok instrument playing, with their eyes moving away from the instruments for half a second during live performances.

Pendulum

but....name?

Says it right in the video title. Hayoung.

I'm expecting AOA black levels of ok instrument playing, with their eyes moving away from the instruments for half a second during live performances.
tbh, I'm expecting better than AOA Black. Sunmi showed he has better than average bass skills, and Yenny's been composing songs on piano for ages. Yubin can keep a beat - it's only Hyelim that's the unknown for me at the moment.

---

Edit: Choa and Iron also featuring on Primary's next release of 2 songs:
Primary [2-3]
2015. 07. 24. 12PM
1. 마일리지 (Mileage) (Feat. 팔로알토, 화사 of 마마무)
2. 아끼지마 (Don't Be Shy) (Feat. 초아(AOA), 아이언)

Pendulum

T-ara's comeback song is by Brave Brothers

jiyeon-sad-face.gif

I'm guessing it was the song given to them last year when they were deciding between a Brave Brothers track and what would turn out to be "Sugar Free" from ShinsaGOD Tiger.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
T-ara is one of the more consistent groups IMO. I've never disliked one of their singles. Ever. That comeback will be epic.

Pendulum

T-ara is one of the more consistent groups IMO. I've never disliked one of their singles. Ever. That comeback will be epic.

I agree, but it's been consistent because their single discography has been composed by consistent people. Brave Brothers is very hit or miss for me. At least T-ara might get some chart manipulation on their side :p

Edit: Looks like there will be a Shinsadong Tiger track - but it's a Chinese release.

You're probably joking and this is all going over my head, but I'd be more shocked if they constantly look at their instruments, it's basically saying that they barely have an idea of what they're doing and is kind of an admittance that this might be fake lol.

tbh, I'm expecting better than AOA Black. Sunmi showed he has better than average bass skills, and Yenny's been composing songs on piano for ages. Yubin can keep a beat - it's only Hyelim that's the unknown for me at the moment.

Remind me again who's Hyelim? I really don't remember lol.

Anyway, if she's playing guitar, it's easy tbh... especially if all she's playing are chords. Like you can literally learn guitar in 2 hours, but you obviously need to practice for it to stick.

Btw, proof that Jongkookie x Ailee is the true OTP in all of K-Pop:

15-elg.jpg

2 weeks after my b-day too lolol.

$185 for VIP GA + meet and greet though, the fnck kind of shit is this... I'm actually really tempted to go. But I'll be going alone. Horse Fany already told me no just coz she doesn't wanna deal with me fanboying that night(and it's expensive), so I'm really undecided right now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I can't say I'm into kpop bands, but I will say I'd rather have WG being a band than doing Like Money.

And let's be real, Girls Girls and 두고두고 were great and they are perfectly possible as band songs. I wouldn't expect WG to pump out some generic rock poop.

Top Bottom