• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

JustinBB7

I mean, after the army.

Well yea, but that's 2 years from now. My sister is a mega fan of them so I hear about them all day. She said they're not allowed to make money while in the army. But they release this right before they go into the army, so wouldn't they make money anyway? Silly Korean laws.

llehuty

Well yea, but that's 2 years from now. My sister is a mega fan of them so I hear about them all day. She said they're not allowed to make money while in the army. But they release this right before they go into the army, so wouldn't they make money anyway? Silly Korean laws.

Yeah. The question I have is, will they stay after the army under SM? Will they make their own company like Shinhwa? Will they *gasp* reunite the OT5? Will they be solo artists?

What does your sister think?

JustinBB7

Yeah. The question I have is, will they stay after the army under SM? Will they make their own company like Shinhwa? Will they *gasp* reunite the OT5? Will they be solo artists?

What does your sister think?

She says they're staying no matter what, since they both love it there and make a lot of money, and have given 0 hints about leaving. They do seem to get big budgets for all their videos and concerts from what I see so makes sense.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to find a dance practice video that was posted here, it was by some nugus. The song wasn't great but the choreo was very impressive, they were all wearing masks and they took them off as the song progressed.
Whoever posted it said it was the best choreo of the year. That's all I can recall.

llehuty

I'm trying to find a dance practice video that was posted here, it was by some nugus. The song wasn't great but the choreo was very impressive, they were all wearing masks and they took them off as the song progressed.
Whoever posted it said it was the best choreo of the year. That's all I can recall.

I heard nugus?

Still awesome. Not sure if the best, because BTS has released some awesome stuff this year, but the whole concept of the mask things for a debut is great.

vanty

One of the biggest backlashes I remember in this thread (IGaB was up there but it didn't last for long). Kind of deserved though. You just can't release this teaser:

Rainbow1.jpg

and then follow it with one of the blandest, ridiculous cutesy kpop songs ever.

Anyways, smh at all you neglecting Black Swan as an awesome, interesting song (even if koreans are idiot and made it a big flop). I for sure haven't forgot about it. It's in my top 10 releases of this year.
I'm pretty sure I read that either that or the other similar garbage single DSP gave them around that same time was their best selling song ever or something. Though it can't have been too big considering they thankfully abandoned that sound when they finally got a comeback 8000 years later.

I learned about Rainbow similarly from that Kim Hyung Joon (SS501 maknae) reality show where he trains to become a professional Starcraft player.

Thats the one I saw I think.

Lol this is why I love IU. She's randomly and awesomely frank about stuff sometimes. Loved when she was on Heroes and told everyone straight up the agency is the one that wants her to act cutesy and to say she's never had a boyfriend ect.

IU: "I've never had a boyfriend, I wouldn't know about those things"
JinYoung : starts laughing
No Hong Chul : "did someone tell you to say that rofl"
IU: "The agency hahaha"

knew back then she was too awesome.

IU showed up with two songs for MyungSoo today. Ofc he liked the more dance-y groove-y one which to be fair sounds awesome. Then he pushed for adding some EDm elements which would sound awful but I'm guessing it's just for the comedy.

Since the useless twitter gifs won't let me embed https://twitter.com/IUmushimushi/status/622365503638495233

I hope it's for the comedy as he was annoying as hell to watch in their first meeting. Like I get that EDM is his thing and I do understand that IU also wants to learn some EDM but he's not getting anywhere with his shitty EDM tracks. A lot of them are your basic run of the mill EDM tracks that are great for the moment, but totally forgettable after.

IU's idea of putting him unplugged is actually a really interesting idea and it's something that he can actually really do well. I'd rather see that than another drab, forgettable dance number like Gil and BoA's thing 2 years ago. Besides, I'm sure JYP already has this shit on lock anyway, and they all have nothing to lose if they go out of left field for their performances.

Worst case scenario for them, they can totally ape Avicii's Wake me up and do something like that lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
IU's natural bent is to mellow stuff and that's wonderful and I hope she always gets a solid outlet for that. However, she is also next-level amazing at big stage numbers and I hope she realizes what a charismatic superstar she is even if it's not what she'd go to on her own. Everyone tries, but very few can knock it out of the park like her.

IU's natural bent is to mellow stuff and that's wonderful and I hope she always gets a solid outlet for that. However, she is also next-level amazing at big stage numbers and I hope she realizes what a charismatic superstar she is even if it's not what she'd go to on her own. Everyone tries, but very few can knock it out of the park like her.

I agree. But I don't think she can pull off something like GAB.

That performance and song was already bog standard for the queen, and it only works for her. If you take BoA out of that song and give it to somebody else, it's not even great at all.

I just think that IU is waaaaaaay out of her element with EDM and PMS is too much of an idiot that he can't see that at all, or he's just doing it for the laughs, which I'm hoping he is lol.

Peru

The most annoying thing in iuland now is that they still haven't released the dance track iu actually did write for the producersø

Damn. Yuri looked amazing during todays performance.

So it's finally happening. Seras real solo debut. I dare not hope for anything decent unfortunately.

CKMuncPW8AEls5v.png
CKMuovjXAAAVNY8.png

In other 9 Muses related news, I finally gave S/S Edition a spin, at it fucking sucked. Hurt Locker was the only good song on it. Disappointing since Hurt Locker has turned out to be the best song of the summer so far.

Well, it's been only 5 months since their last song and mini. But yeah, no one remembers "Black Swan" which is indicative of the problem.

I remember Black Swan perfectly thank you very much. Song was different, but good.

Such a bizzare move to have a 1 year hiatus right when they seemed to be making it. I like Hoi Hoi but to launch a sub unit at that time was fucking clumsy.

TVXQ! 동방신기_Rise As One_Teaser Video
This is going to be a big deal in korea right? Do you think we are going to see more TVXQ after this?

Definitely. There is more money to be made with the TVXQ brand than what they would get if they were to go solo. They'll be back after the army.

feist_

Banned
Bad Man Crying/Bad Boys Cry is one of the more unloved recent releases. Not ground-breaking in anyway, but a solid song and could have made for some nice stages before DSP killed the comeback.

Love the choreo, and how perfectly it fit some of the melodic transitions. How good is this:

Rainbow(레인보우) - Bad Man Crying(나쁜 남자가 운다) Dance Practice Ver.

(2015.02.27) Rainbow 레인보우 "The Bad Man Cries" 나쁜 남자가 운다 @ Kiss The Radio (Sukira)

For what it is, everyone rocks their part(s).

Fooking DSP.

Taeyeon pretty and cute
Quelle surprise...

llehuty

I just couldn't wait anymore for the 9muses meet&greet thing so I decided to buy today the album. SWEET BABY JESUS

THE FAN SERVICE.

10/10, would buy again

nine_muses_hurt_locker_scan_sungah_1.jpg

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just couldn't wait anymore for the 9muses meet&greet thing so I decided to buy today the album. SWEET BABY JESUS

THE FAN SERVICE.

10/10, would buy again

Dat Sungah. She looks the best in the Hurt Locker MV. Really, really caught my eye here. She always looked good, but ...damn. Great voice too.

feist_

Banned
Hara, AoA, Apink, 9Muses, Sistar, SNSD, Girl's Day -- KBS2 뮤직뱅크 출근길 - 소녀시대, 에이핑크, 씨스타, AOA, 구하라, 나인뮤지스, 걸스데이, 디홀릭

150716 에이핑크(Apink) 윤보미 - 신기하죠 @에이핑크 쇼케이스 직캠/Fancam by -wA- [Bomi]
150716 에이핑크(Apink) - Remember (리멤버) @에이핑크 쇼케이스 직캠/Fancam by -wA-
150716 에이핑크(Apink) - 포토타임 @에이핑크 쇼케이스 직캠/Fancam by -wA-
150716 에이핑크(Apink) 오하영 정은지 윤보미 - 포토타임 @에이핑크 쇼케이스 직캠/Fancam by -wA- [Eunji, Bomi]

에이핑크 쇼케이스 나은 포토타임 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM [Bomi, Naeun, Chorong]
에이핑크 쇼케이스 보미 리멤버 Apink Showcase remember 150716 직캠 FANCAM [Bomi]
에이핑크 쇼케이스 리멤버 Apink Showcase remember 150716 직캠 FANCAM
에이핑크 쇼케이스 나은 꽃잎점 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM
에이핑크 쇼케이스 꽃잎점 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM
에이핑크 쇼케이스 남주 간담회 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM [Namjoo]
에이핑크 쇼케이스 신기하죠 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM
에이핑크 쇼케이스 나은 신기하죠 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM [Naeun]
에이핑크 쇼케이스 나은 간담회 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM [Naeun]
에이핑크 쇼케이스 포토타임 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM
에이핑크 쇼케이스 간담회 Apink Showcase 150716 직캠 FANCAM

ramyeon

Just got around to watching last night's Infinite Challenge, good stuff. Need a full version of that first song IU recorded as a guide track. So good.
I hope it's for the comedy as he was annoying as hell to watch in their first meeting. Like I get that EDM is his thing and I do understand that IU also wants to learn some EDM but he's not getting anywhere with his shitty EDM tracks. A lot of them are your basic run of the mill EDM tracks that are great for the moment, but totally forgettable after.

IU's idea of putting him unplugged is actually a really interesting idea and it's something that he can actually really do well. I'd rather see that than another drab, forgettable dance number like Gil and BoA's thing 2 years ago. Besides, I'm sure JYP already has this shit on lock anyway, and they all have nothing to lose if they go out of left field for their performances.

Worst case scenario for them, they can totally ape Avicii's Wake me up and do something like that lol.
It is for comedy. That's just Park Myung Soo's character, he's always like that. I found their interactions both times hilarious. Sure they could film him just agreeing with everything she puts forward but that wouldn't really be funny to watch and they're aiming for comedy and laughter here.

Been listening to Hyukoh's releases and they really are fantastic. I'm more partial to their upbeat songs, maybe coz it's summer, but their slower stuff seems pretty dark and brooding to me so eh lol.

Welp.

RIP Chrome.

I miss them megaposts tbh lol.

It is for comedy. That's just Park Myung Soo's character, he's always like that. I found their interactions both times hilarious. Sure they could film him just agreeing with everything she puts forward but that wouldn't really be funny to watch and they're aiming for comedy and laughter here.

True true. I just found it annoying initially that he was thinking all high and might and shit, but I guess he's doing his job pretty well if I find him annoying haha.

Did Eunji put some weight back on? Looks better than I can remember her being recently.

Yeah, the Costco in Gangnam had a sale for tangerines 3 weeks ago and I bought it as a joke, but she ended up eating all of it lol.

llehuty

I'm glad she's debuting. Still not sold on the concept of the group.
Though if I were running DSP, I'd probably want to get a piece of that A Pink/Lovelyz/GFriend marketshare too
and then give Rainbow a good song

I think that concept is inevitable if they want to build a fanbase and not get major netizen backlash. Also, if there is one thing DSP knows how to do, is maturing their groups image quite fast. I just need them to not get stuck in the A-pink loophole for long.

ramyeon

True true. I just found it annoying initially that he was thinking all high and might and shit, but I guess he's doing his job pretty well if I find him annoying haha.
The Music Festival stuff is supposed to be funny so yeah, just look at the interactions between the other groups. I mean Hyungdon was basically making fun of the fact that Hyukoh are nobodies and saying that their music isn't his style. They played a bit of a style of song they had in mind for him and he cut them off and said they should keep that for their new album instead. Then you have Kwanghee making a mess of Big Bang's songs in norebang, they're all just as disfunctional.

Same thing happened last time with Jaesuk and Yoo Heeyeol too, where he was constantly begging him to do a dance song instead of Heeyeol's usual ballad style.
Yeah, the Costco in Gangnam had a sale for tangerines 3 weeks ago and I bought it as a joke, but she ended up eating all of it lol.
There's no Costco in Gangnam ;)

Top Bottom