• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

ramyeon

I think the reason why WG bombed was due to their failed attempt at being a band. Them not recording their instrumentals in the studio was super lame. And I saw one of their lives where for 5 seconds they each did a stupidly simple solo. The rest was very boring. Yubin was rocking the drums tho. Everyone else bringing her down.
Yenny+Wonder+Girls+Happy+Together+Happy+Girl+Cute+GIF+(6).gif

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I think the reason why WG bombed was due to their failed attempt at being a band. Them not recording their instrumentals in the studio was super lame. And I saw one of their lives where for 5 seconds they each did a stupidly simple solo. The rest was very boring. Yubin was rocking the drums tho. Everyone else bringing her down.

I will swordfight you. With rapiers and shit.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I finally remember who Hyerin reminded me of, after watching EXID's Showtime ep 6 (best idol tv ever).

She looks like the French girl in Pulp Fiction! Am I right?!

My sister is watching Oh My Ghostess right now and it looks really interesting. Last I saw, she was at the part where the ghost girl fails to stop her brother from buying 180K won sneakers and the dad falls over after getting knocked over by tupperwares. I stopped watching then coz I might watch it later lol.

Sidenote, is it just me or are all Taeng avatars delulu af?

Ym1r

My sister is watching Oh My Ghostess right now and it looks really interesting. Last I saw, she was at the part where the ghost girl fails to stop her brother from buying 180K won sneakers and the dad falls over after getting knocked over by tupperwares. I stopped watching then coz I might watch it later lol.

Watch it. Park Bo Young is so cute.

ramyeon

Sidenote, is it just me or are all Taeng avatars delulu af?
Watch it, my favourite drama this year. Lots of fun and great acting all around. Been trying to pimp it in this thread for awhile.

I've used Taeyeon avatars every now and then - but as a general rule of thumb, yes lol.

Lol I guess I'll watch it since I'm basically caught up on EXID Showtime, The Genius, and MuDo so I've got time to kill.

Anyway, does anybody have any good pics of Sunmi/Yubin/Ha:Tfelt? I need an ava change since Soshi is about to flop hard lol.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm think I'm gonna go for a WG avatar myself. Need to find something fitting though. I just got a job for pictures of ladies with colored hair (for a hairdressing studio), so it'd be a good detouring challenge too. Hmmm.....Best WG is Sunmi but she's everywhere here...

Edit. I like this. Jongkookie, find a picture and I'll see what I can do. At least name me a WG you want lol. A precise one I mean.

Poor Hyerim....Someone needs to rock her. If anything have a Yubin.

yubinavvy9zqmq.png

Edit 2. I'm thinking of adding some glowy shit or recoloring clothes...we'll see.

AReed

Hopefully Mino doesn't get fined again. That was ridiculous on Korea's part. Should've been fined for the weak lyric and not for the "vulgarity".

feist_

Banned

ramyeon

Lol I guess I'll watch it since I'm basically caught up on EXID Showtime, The Genius, and MuDo so I've got time to kill.

Anyway, does anybody have any good pics of Sunmi/Yubin/Ha:Tfelt? I need an ava change since Soshi is about to flop hard lol.
I made a bunch of quick and dirty avatars from the digital book if you or anyone else wants to use one.

A2IPQbM.png
3YcUhZs.png

lt7fv0j.png
Oeg98XO.png
YkD09LC.png

hGWiqt5.png

u2lSuQ3.png

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
soshi never flops

Soshi never flops but they are the biggest girl group of all. They could put out a song where they play kazoo with their noses, and play a old Casio keyboard with half the keys missing, with their toes, blindfolded called 'Random shit" and still get accolades.

"Soshi wins No. 1 on Inkigayo with Random Shit"

ramyeon

I think that's their worst song ever. It's ridiculously bad. Not a good year for Soshi... BUT You Think is going to be incredible from what I've heard. Everything until then is filler. But now...I know why they came back with 3 MVs....Only one is good lol.
I wouldn't call it ridiculously bad. But it's a bit formulaic and boring.

Listening to the half of the album that's been released so far. Hope there's some better songs on it.

ramyeon

My Soshi tastes are weird. I think IGAB was a masterpiece, and I adored Catch Me If You Can. I'm peculiar.
IGAB was great.

CMIYC was just as formulaic as Lion Heart imo just a different formula.

The album so far is doing nothing for me. Huge disappointment. Fansboys/girls will eat it up, no doubt. But this is just really lackluster for a big release after such a long absence from the Korean scene. Boring is the only word I can think of to describe it.

Shizuka

I think it's funny how they tease how they changed the concept from the first teaser to the final MV at the beginning of the video. I can't be the only one who noticed that.

ramyeon

Don't expect any better from the album. At least from the 4 other new tracks released alongside Lion Heart they're all really similar and blah. Boring.

Seriously, I can't believe that Soshi are with the same label that puts out stuff like Pink Tape, Red Light and Ice Cream Cake and have yet to have a decent album front to back yet.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Seriously, I can't believe that Soshi are with the same label that puts out stuff like Pink Tape, Red Light and Ice Cream Cake and have yet to have a decent album front to back yet.

Incredible records right there. Red Velvet are brand new, but they have been given some goddamn amazing material already. I really think that SM sells Soshi on name alone. They are made, so there's no need to give them anything actually good.

I have no doubts that You Think will be amazeballs though,

ramyeon

Just getting around to the MV now - decided to go for the music first.

In the first few seconds a Mr. Pizza product placement are you serious SM?

Ym1r

Guys, it's because SNSD is being killed off slowly.

They're just throwing all the crappy tracks at SNSD to use because they know they'll sell well regardless, so whats the point in giving them the best, when they can use the best for their newer groups and get them more well known.

This is why SM is the best. Sucking out every last penny they can get out of a group that is closing in on its last days.

Brilliant really.

ramyeon

Wow, are SNSD fans really that blind?

All the comments on reddit are talking about how great this is and some even calling it their best album yet already. I feel like I downloaded the wrong album.

Shizuka

All the comments on reddit are talking about how great this is and some even calling it their best album yet already. I feel like I downloaded the wrong album.

I'm still waiting for Spotify, maybe after You Think is released.

Poor Hyerim....Someone needs to rock her.

I agree. She's cool and all, but it's kinda impossible when you've got 3 knockouts standing with you lol.

When a girl group member pitches better than your team's ace.

They really need to bring some idols here in Texas... hell we've got Shin Soo Choo on the team and do "Korean heritage night" every season. Sure, it's more convenient to go to LA, but Ryu Hyun Jin has been out of the entire season and Clayton Kershaw is the only good thing they've got going for them. Meanwhile, SSC has been batting at the top of the order all year.

Also, random realization... it feels fncking weird to say/type Choo Shin Soo... I've known the guy during his RM appearance, but his westernized name got stuck ever since he started playing the for the Rangers lol.

I loled at the choco pies

JFC, people tell me I have big hands and seeing it outside of my own eyes in a picture... good grief, I do have big hands. ;___;

Right? Even fncking Shinee and SuJu gets better stuff than Soshi.

Ym1r is spot on tbh. It's been a downward slope ever since Taeng kicked out Jessica... and they're gonna keep going down the toilet and fade to obscurity if they're not gonna reinvent themselves. Thankfully, JYP is a man of vision and reinventing the WG produced a fantastic result that's gonna keep going for a while.

Anyway, for my avatar situation, I still can't decide between the 3. I've already found good pictures of them and could edit it down really quick. I just need to figure out who's gonna be represented here lol.

I think you're trying to find something in it that simply isn't there, you already said it, SNSD has never released a consistent album in Korea and probably never will. Both TTS minis are better than most SNSD Korean albums lol.
The same thing happened to me with the Wonder Girls album, i almost fell asleep listening to it, it's not bad, i just don't feel it at all.

Of the tracks released so far, i like Fire Alarm, Lion Heart and Bump It, the others are boring, i don't dislike Party but i already got bored of it.

LOL Tae.

So we in the radio biz do the "30 second test" which as you guessed, listening to the 1st 30 seconds of the song and deciding if it's good. If it's good then that expands to the 1st chorus before deciding if it goes in the radio station's playlist.

I do this for all of the songs I listen to, K-Pop or otherwise and these are my thoughts:

Lion Heart - Decent 30 seconds, enough to pass the 1st test, but the chorus is fncking terrible. Nope.

Paradise - I dig this. Nice relaxed feel, decent production... passes the 1st test. Pre-chorus is alright until Fany's uncontrolled grating high voice comes in, but the chorus is actually pretty decent. Yes.

Fire Alarm, Green Light, Bump It... yeah no, what kind of shit is this? I feel like I'm listening to a track during their nugu these days... it's just garbage.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
as expected, the whole mv only worked for yoona

loled @2:22 jesus those moves dont fit at all hahaha

Ym1r

Finally caught up in Oh My Ghostess. Damn why do I gotta wait now.

How is this going to play out though, they only have like... realistically an hour and what 40 minutes left to figure out it was really him and bring Officer Choi down. I wonder how they're gunna do it. Hopefully it won't leave a sour taste..

Broank

uhm, Into the New World and their first album was great, pls don't call it shit.

Still my GOAT kpop album! Every song was great
except for Tears.

For the album songs I'm digging Bump. Kinda another one of those all over the place songs, great chorus. Green Light actually sounds like it could be a f(x) song with that signiture synth and talky-singing. Paradise is pretty groovy and nice but nothing stand out. Fire Alarm is too messy for me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
if soshi really wanted to play they'd do these harmonies live, but they'll leave it to backtracks as always and 1st year mamamoo will continue to shame 8th year soshi

Finally decided on my avatar lol.

Gotta clear up that space between her arm and face in the future though. It's not that bad, but it's not great either. I got too tired of rubbing PS' eraser in precise fashion so fnck it haha.

Top Bottom