• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

roaSone

You Think is a potential grower. But please, why so much autotune... Gonna listen to the remaining tracks.

One Afternoon could be boring to listen but I somehow really like it.
Show Girls is quite weird to say the least.
Talk Talk is another good filler.
Check is still as good as it was a month ago.
Sign would have been a good song for f(x).

So to resume all of this, it's ... decent on its entirety.
Looking forward to the stages of You Think now.

neoism

preview ep 5
chuplz.png

<3 waiting for good subs sucks..not even ep 3 is dun yet...
;_;

ikuze

Long time sone here and damn am I disappointed by the SNSD album. Green light is the best song on there, that's it. Lion Heart sounds like a korean version of My Oh My.

Their stuff just sells like shit so they don't even try to get close to Gee, Genie, Hoot, Run Devil Run and the likes...

/end of an era

neoism

the 2nd half is weaker... but

You Think i love it <3 <3 <3
One Afternoon ok
Show Girls meh
Talk Talk...love it (dat 90's vibe) they shouldn't have called it Talk Talk the last album had.."Talk Talk (&#47568;&#54644;&#48400;)"
Checkdidnt much care for it at first but it grew on me..
Sign just ok...
overall just a good/ok album with about 5 great tracks and the rest just ok...

NEED another Japanese album that will more than likely be awesome... all 3 of their Japanese albums are fucking awesome..

Lion Heart Dance Practice (V App)

150818 [V] SNSD - 2nd LIVE
poor sunny.. :'[ I bet her knees hurt worse than she lets on... :/

luso

Mildly excited with "You Think", it's a good concept but repeat value is not much, I blame the voice pitches, they are over processed, something that's is being overused for some time in k-pop, which annoys me, I want to hear the voices clearly! Maybe is different during performances or it's just Youtube. "Instrumentals" are typical SM, certainly you can hear the same samples on other songs.

That Practice Video was great though, you don't need to be robots to do a good dance session.

Meanwhile, in Soshi Channel
CMsPpcDUkAAwXL_.png

YG is going to delay the September release of BIGBANG's album so they can recharge and maybe add additional songs.

iKON and Winner gonna comeback around the same time. No team kills pls.

What determines if a song or 'comeback' is a hit/successful? If it charts in the top 10 of Korean charts? What's considered a flop? Is there a way to quantify it?

luso

What determines if a song or 'comeback' is a hit/successful? If it charts in the top 10 of Korean charts? What's considered a flop? Is there a way to quantify it?

Thant could be a good article for someone to write, maybe it can be quantified but is starts with something to compare. Either (or a combination) of results* compared other groups/songs released at the same time/month/year, or comparisons with the previous releases, without forgetting how much effort (money) was spent for the promotion and the expected results/defined goals when a "comeback" is announced.
*results themselves can also have a ton of criteria, from "simple" sales/charts placement, concerts, gigs or CFs demand, popularity and recognition gained,etc.

Edit: what I wrote is more about the whole comeback as a whole than the song alone. For it, I suppose charts placement is the biggest chunk.

llehuty

I'm really late to this but the reason Tymee was eliminated is because she and Jace completely flopped the teamwork challenge while Kisum and Jimin actually did what they were supposed to do: work well together. They had good chemistry. For all the hype Tymee got before the show started she didn't really do much. Let's not forget the round where she wanted to perform their ballad sitting down, which Jimin and Jolly V disagreed with, and then the judges tore them to shreds so those two performed acapella verses they'd smartly prepared in advance.

I still say people were too harsh on Jimin. She didn't do anything with San E. He was thirsting over her from the very beginning but she dad-zoned him in like episode 1. Not her fault he was being a creep. But at the end of the day, Jimin had the best and most successful single from the whole show so I'm happy. (Also Kisum's Superstar is brilliant, she sounds so good on that track.)

But I thought Unpretty Rapstar was a show about rapping, not of being besties?. I agree that Jace was terrible and killed all the vibes of the performance. But kicking the 2nd best rapper they had there?, pls.

Also, celebrating that Jimin had the best single of the bunch, is like celebrating SNSD selling a lot of physical albums. Also, people Iron had a big push in that, since the other single Jimin released with some nugu afterwards was nowhere to be seen on the charts.

tl;dr Jimin is awful, stop stanning her. :p

The potential they had... and how they, for some reason have decided to release boring shit or urban music filled with rapping. Like seriously, at which point someone thought that SNSD needed rapping? I got a boy or you think are decent songs, but I would rather have other groups performing them (although the rapping in You Think is not THAT offensive).

Watching the WG on Weekly Idol and man, Sunmi looks like she downed 20 Red Bulls and 40 cups of coffee before getting on there. Or did a few lines of coke. Girl can't stop moving. It's hilarious.
Sunmi is so hype, ALWAYS.
(The whole section in the park is hilarious).

The intro is hot fiya. No idea how I feel about the title track. Jidam's song sounds awful :/

Red mini album ended up being decent overall, but where is the LE feature for this one ;_;

lupinko

KPopGAF, out of curiosity I have a question, turns out one of the former members of Nine Muses went to my high school (she's actually in my graduating yearbook as I'm a year older).

I don't know anything about KPop but anything not Girls Generation is basically bottom of the barrel like this aforementioned group?

Ym1r

KPopGAF, out of curiosity I have a question, turns out one of the former members of Nine Muses went to my high school (she's actually in my graduating yearbook as I'm a year older).

I don't know anything about KPop but anything not Girls Generation is basically bottom of the barrel with this aforementioned group?

Sera?

Nine Muses aren't very popular in comparison to Girls' Generation, but they have some fans.

llehuty

I don't know anything about KPop but anything not Girls Generation is basically bottom of the barrel like this aforementioned group?

Must be Ryu Sera.

She is not longer in the group (she has been an independent solo artist for the last year) but 9muses was and still is a top tier group in quality (not so much in success, unfortunately). Quick overview of the group

#NotBiased

lupinko

Sera?

Nine Muses aren't very popular in comparison to Girls' Generation, but they have some fans.

Must be Ryu Sera.

She is not longer in the group (she has been an independent solo artist for the last year) but 9muses was and still is a top tier group in quality (not so much in success, unfortunately). Quick overview of the group

#NotBiased

Yep, she also ties K-PopGAF to NHLGAF, MLBGAF and CanadianPoliticsGAF as a result.

If there's a 21 Jump Street GAF, the school was used as the primary filming location for the TV show, so uhh I guess Johnny Depp too by association.

No No Eul

I've just been watching the video embedded in this CNN article about Son Yeon Jae. It turns out she's got some pretty solid English skills.

As insipid and forgettable as My Oh My and Dancing Queen. Why did they even bother.

Much better. I like the vocal gymnastics, however artificial they might be.

Fafnir

You Think
Did they let T-ara edit the MV? So many fast cuts.
Sooyoungie get a Nike sponsorship?
They made the Maknae try to do the sexy splits.

Er2Q4Kt.gif

Fucker just casually announces that he went to high school with Sera. Dying of jealousy over here.

tumblr_lp0beyAcc21qdcel5o1_500.gif

IGAB as a song is great - the album though? Not sure what you're on. Pink Tape is one of the best albums released by a girl group in Korea in years. I can count the number of times I've gone back to listen to IGAB front to back on one hand.

IGAB is one of the weakest songs on the album. Songs like Baby Maybe, Express 999, XYZ and Promise are much better. Problem with Pink Tape is that while it's full of good songs aside from Goodbye Summer, the truly great songs are mostly missing. Only Ending Page and possibly Shadow could contend for a top 10 f(x) list. Pink Tape isn't even the 2nd best album of 2013....
Black Box is.

Wow, are SNSD fans really that blind?

All the comments on reddit are talking about how great this is and some even calling it their best album yet already. I feel like I downloaded the wrong album.

If you think r/kpop is some bastion of Sones you've been paying as much attention as jongkookie. Don't need to look further than Party or CMIYC submissions to see that people aren't afraid to criticize SNSD and get upvoted for it. r/kpop will sometimes turn into an echochamber of people going with the flow or buying into the hype. People are afraid of voice opposing opinions, especially with risk of being downvoted. I see you whining about being downvoted for voicing your opinion, but this is not exclusive to SNSD submissions. This place can turn into an echo chamber sometimes too. Luckily I'm braving the risks and calling out all of you Lion Heart haters.

2009, bros

tumblr_mlscq8dUO21rtqyhso3_r1_250.gif

2nd place though! poor Glam. So ahead of their time. Fuck Big Hit or whatever the company is called. Dahee oppa is entirely blameless for her actions.

This might be subject to change as I've only heard it with the shitty speakers I have at work, but this is a disappointment. Lion Heart is much better. It's not awful or anything, just not worthy of being called better than Lion Heart. Part 2 of the album sucks, so i nthe end most of the album sucks.

Lion Heart > Check > Fire Alarm > Party > You Think >>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

llehuty

IGAB is one of the weakest songs on the album. Songs like Baby Maybe, Express 999, XYZ and Promise are much better. Problem with Pink Tape is that while it's full of good songs aside from Goodbye Summer, the truly great songs are mostly missing. Only Ending Page and possibly Shadow could contend for a top 10 f(x) list. Pink Tape isn't even the 2nd best album of 2013....
Black Box is.

Stop, IGAB is not better than Pink Tape. Airplane >>>>>>> the full IGAB album, and that's only one song. I wouldn't say that Pink Tape is perfect, but damn, it has less stinkers than IGAB, that's for sure.

Stop, IGAB is not better than Pink Tape. Airplane >>>>>>> the full IGAB album, and that's only one song. I wouldn't say that Pink Tape is perfect, but damn, it has less stinkers than IGAB, that's for sure.

Stop, Pink Tape is not better than IGAB. Baby Maybe >>>>>>>> the full Pink Tape album, and that's only one song. I wouldn't say that IGAB is perfect, but damn, it has more great songs than Pink Tape, that's for sure.

llehuty

Stop, Pink Tape is not better than IGAB. Baby Maybe >>>>>>>> the full Pink Tape album, and that's only one song. I wouldn't say that IGAB is perfect, but damn, it has more great songs than Pink Tape, that's for sure.

lol, you are the only person I've seen in this forum with the audacity to say that, of all albums, IGAB is better than Pink Tape. But I don't know what to expect of someone that points as highlights of the album XYZ and Promise. It actually goes quite inline with liking Lion Heart, can't get more bland than that, so I guess that bravo for the consistency.

Anyway, bless fancams:

Hammie - Mamma Mia
IU - U & I
Mina - Heart Attack
Jiyeon - Roly Poly

[MV] Jakop(&#50556;&#53093;), Raina(&#47112;&#51060;&#45208;), &#65510;uNo(&#50864;&#45432;), DAYDAY(&#45936;&#51060;&#45936;&#51060;) _ Allday Allnight(&#48380;&#47000;)
Impossible to Raina to save this trainwreck. Props for the MV director for putting the instagram usernames of the models in the clip, though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You Think is...good. It's clearly the best song they put out this summer, but I can't help but feel that it builds up to something...and said something never happens. It fizzles out at the chorus.

You Think is much better. That pre-chorus is genuinely one of the best parts of any '15 kpop summer single.

I agree. Too bad that chorus is just straight up flat and boring. Also, looks like Fany's been hanging out too much with Jessi these days... that intro was trash.

IGAB is one of the weakest songs on the album.

Welp, that's an excellent way to flush your credibility in the toilet.

Are you seriously saying Dancing Queen, Romantic St. and Baby Maybe are better than IGAB? Get the fnck outta here with that mess man. I'll agree that Express 999 and Lost In Love are fantastic tracks in the album, and that they're better than IGAB... but those 3 over IGAB? Bruh... I'm not even a SONE anymore and I'm fncking appalled right now... I don't understand how you can get an opinion wrong lol.

ramyeon

How long it stays in the top 10. Wins at weekly music shows. Expectations.
Music Show wins don't really mean anything anymore. They used to be a really clear indicator along with the end of year awards on the success of a group but as time has gone on the point system has become more and more obscure to the point where Koreans don't even really care unless they're part of the fan club.
Black Box is.

If you think r/kpop is some bastion of Sones you've been paying as much attention as jongkookie. Don't need to look further than Party or CMIYC submissions to see that people aren't afraid to criticize SNSD and get upvoted for it. r/kpop will sometimes turn into an echochamber of people going with the flow or buying into the hype. People are afraid of voice opposing opinions, especially with risk of being downvoted. I see you whining about being downvoted for voicing your opinion, but this is not exclusive to SNSD submissions. This place can turn into an echo chamber sometimes too. Luckily I'm braving the risks and calling out all of you Lion Heart haters.
I can't disagree with the IGAB > Pink Tape assertion any more. I think it's a ludicrous comparison to begin with but we're all entitled to opinions - this particular one just has me scratching my head.

And no, I don't browse or post on r/Kpop enough to know the ins and outs and board psychology you're right. Chill out.

Eldren

But I thought Unpretty Rapstar was a show about rapping, not of being besties?. I agree that Jace was terrible and killed all the vibes of the performance. But kicking the 2nd best rapper they had there?, pls.

No, that specific challenge was about performing with another rapper and making sure the lines flowed well, they had good stage presence, etc. Obviously the rest of the show was about rapping. And the reason Tymee was eliminated is because nobody wanted to work with her. She'd had the thing with the sitting down, the constant sniping with Jolly V, and in the end people paired off with people they got on with and that left her with Jace. It sucks but there you go.

Also, celebrating that Jimin had the best single of the bunch, is like celebrating SNSD selling a lot of physical albums. Also, people Iron had a big push in that, since the other single Jimin released with some nugu afterwards was nowhere to be seen on the charts.

tl;dr Jimin is awful, stop stanning her. :p

Sure but Puss is iconic, by far the most popular song. It was on some front page Spotify thing as well which is pretty cool. That other song though, it bombed because it was just plain bad lol. Maybe Iron helped but there was nothing in the rules that said they couldn't work with other people. And I don't stan Jimin, but I have to by association lol

The potential they had... and how they, for some reason have decided to release boring shit or urban music filled with rapping. Like seriously, at which point someone thought that SNSD needed rapping? I got a boy or you think are decent songs, but I would rather have other groups performing them (although the rapping in You Think is not THAT offensive).

I remember reading an interview with the members at some point last year or in 2013 maybe, talking about the 1st Japanese album. It sold a million copies and I'm pretty sure it's still their best selling album, and when they were asked why they never made another album like it, Tiffany said they didn't think they'd be able to beat it so they never bothered. That's disheartening.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Rewatching WG on Weekly Idol AGAIN while waiting for Scream to air, and I just realized that we never got to see Yeeun bend in half like the other 3 girls...T_T. I wanted to see flexy Yenny dammit...On the other hand, these women are made of jelly. Hyerim has no spine straight up. Or no rib cage.

The best rapper is the one from Exid.

Well, you're not wrong lol.

She was part of an underground rap group before EXID and IIRC, that's one of the reasons why she doesn't wanna join Unpretty Rapstar... she doesn't need the fame nor fortune since she's a writer/producer/rapper on top of being a member of EXID.

Besides, she'd easily kill the competition imo. Her work on Hyuna's Blacklist is hot fire. I don't think any idol rapper can spit out something that great... her flow is natural and fantastic to listen to. I'm actually pretty damn sure she can keep up with big boys in the industry right now... but of course it's probably not gonna happen coz she's a woman.

Shizuka

Alright, You Think works better as a song than with the MV, which is a shame, because it's the kind of song that'd be great with a matching MV.

JKTrix

Running Man this week is p.r.e.t.t.y. good. Since I'm a kpop fan of the Gee Generation I don't know much about anything before then, let alone 90's stuff outside of what they reference in Running Man.

So in this episode--their 5th anniversary special--their guests are the people who sing the songs that they always sing/dance to when karaoke or dance sessions come up, and they are a lively bunch. Lot of fun and they play with the cast well.

feist_

Banned
vanty: Cao Lu (Fiestar) - [bnt&#50689;&#49345;] &#54588;&#50640;&#49828;&#53440; &#52264;&#50724;&#47336;

WG memories? Remember that time at Sunye's wedding where she looked beautiful, WG, SNSD and all the other guests looked great, then Sohee arrived and ethered the bride?

Good times.

I loled at the choco pies
1846136714_8ea5ac15.gif

They really need to bring some idols here in Texas...
I'd be all for an idol global tour focused on sports. Bomi, Soyul and a few others would be ace.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
you think is bad and they should feel bad

the nail apple represents their grasping at clever ideas that never come

Top Bottom