• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

JYP has also apologised (written, not in a State-sanctioned propaganda video)
Hi everyone, I am J.Y. Park.
First of all, in regards to the pain brought on to the Chinese netizens, I wholeheartedly express a deep apology. At the same time, I feel regretful that my company staff, Tzuyu and I did not realize the seriousness of this incident. In regards to that, I express my apologies again.
Through this incident, I have once again deeply experienced that, to partner up with a nation, there is a need to respect that nation's sovereignty, culture, history, and the people's emotions.
Everything that has happened has taught my company and the company's artists a very big lesson. In the future, we will firmly put an end to having this kind of an incident occurring.
Again, I express my apologies to all Chinese fans who have continuously liked and supported me, my company, and the company's artists. We let everyone down and hurt everyone's heart. To make up for all the damages done to everyone, and return everyone's support, we will continue to work hard and contribute to the friendly cultural exchange between China and Korea.
In the past few days, Tzuyu herself has felt a lot of emotions, and has been reflecting. She left home when she was 13 and came to Korea, and it is my and the company's big fault for not being able to cultivate Tzuyu in place of her mom and dad. We will stop all of Tzuyu's current activities in China, and effectively handle all of the issues with the affected parties due to this incident.

Tzuyu's statement toes the "One China" line in order to play it as safe as possible, which I guess is the best in this fucked up situation, but we know netizens hold grudges. I hope Tzuyu is getting all the support she needs in JYPE.

And this on the eve of the Taiwanese presidential election.

---

edit: Cosmic Girls' Seola and Bona
CYrPqTrUkAADSZ7.jpg:orig
CYwZMtiU0AE1a5l.jpg:orig

llehuty

So... KARA... End of an era. To think that the situation now would be completely different if DSP would had any kind of competence managing their artists.

DSP cemented its position as worst kpop company, MBK tried.

I feel bad for Youngji, because she is probably going to be stuck ith DSP fuckery for a while.

Well, we'll always have KARA's legacy, with the big amount of quality releases and memorable performances they had. I'm hoping some of them decide to reunite at some point (via DSP anniversay event or elsewhere), but I'm not holding my breath.

Pendulum

Don't wanna put on my tinfoil hat but since this minor incident blew totally out of proportion is there a link to the election?

Voting hasn't started yet. It's early morning on election day. (Current poll leader is Tsai Ing-wen, who although has promised to keep the current status quo with China, has never publicly accepted the 1992 Consensus and also has a pro-independence plank in her party's platform.)

llehuty

oh just popped in here. ah, i see you're just being a fanboy, was wondering why your post sounded defensive over a surgery comment in Jpop thread.
Peru is THE BoA fanboy. *Flashback to 3.5 years ago*

Watched the Alice in Wonderland episode of RM. It was pretty great, but as noted before- when you get BoA for the first time on this type of show, why not put her squarely at the cenre of the action?

BoA... BoA.. you're my number 1, for ever. I would devote my life to you. I have a feeling you don't like guys that way but in that case I could be best guy or something, a loyal butler.

We only saw small traces of it in the episode, but you can run. That evasive move vs Julien Kang. Textbook stuff. I would love to see you own people with your athleticism.

BOA YOU'RE THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE LOOKS LIKE A LOSER COMPARED TO YOU BOA YOU'RE ON ANOTHER LEVEL BOA YOU'RE REALLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD EVERYtHING FADES WHEN YOU'RE AROUND BOA BOA BOA BOA

BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA
Most legendary post in k-pop gaf? It did make me a peru fan <3

And with a fizzle. :(
tumblr_nahlegqOiw1spkb1mo1_500.gif

(Where's your Top 10 Kara list, llehuty?)
Yep, the last release being one of their worst singles (still good) leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm reserving top 10 KARA for the inevitable megapost when I get enough free time.
And by free time I mean, have a break of playing Xenoblade X during all my free time.

broz0rs

Fucking hell @ Tzuyu apology

I'm going to hope this leads to a shitload of Taiwanese endorsement deals for her and TWICE.

edit: excuse me for sounding like an asshole, but I just read JYP's apology and this confirms my thoughts of that guy being a complete pussy. This is a grown ass man who's pride and joy are a bunch of little brown furry puppies; you just know he's not going to stick up for one of his girls.

Selane

This is probably the most disgusting K-pop related thing I've ever seen. Hopefully Tzuyu can endure this and she ends up ok. Since JYP is such a spineless piece of garbage, for all we know this might end up with him chasing her out of the country a la Jay Park.

[/SPOILER]
gotcha! thanks, just trying to make peace in case it was serious. i want to try to get along w/ everybody=) but it's just fandom banter, no harm then! heheh.

speaking of Taiwan, all my friends parents that are Green Party really relate to Tzuyu's feelings, it sucks that she has to apologize.

luso

This is probably the most disgusting K-pop related thing I've ever seen. Hopefully Tzuyu can endure this and she ends up ok. Since JYP is such a spineless piece of garbage, for all we know this might end up with him chasing her out of the country a la Jay Park.

JYP screwing his groups again. Clearly money spoke higher. Even if is far for certain this would calm the unreasonable pissed off people, now or in the future, he preferred a sacrifice. Meanwhile everyone else washed their hands of the situation leaving to the kid the burden of this forced apologies.

flyover

Daaamn the downvotes.

That a 16 y/o has to go through this... fuck these people.

Seriously. And zero props to JYPE for not having her back. What a shit way to treat an employee, much less a kid. She looks like someone who was kidnapped by terrorists and forced to swear fealty to her captors on camera.

And, like luso said, this isn't going to calm the unreasonable masses, anyway. Just look at the downvotes.

Well, now that that's sorted, at least that Redditor's obsessed boyfriend can rest up and get back to work.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The whole situation is fucked up. I really don't understand this kind of patriotism. EVEN IF SHE HAD done everything they said, and did have strong opinions about independent Taiwan, why do you have to ban the person? Isn't it wiser to "invite and educate" dissenters? You know, to win them over? If your goal is being united? Or if you're going to be that lazy about unification, why can't you say "I disagree" or "She is a foolish child who will learn" and leave it at that?

Haha, I actually thought to find this post and rewrite it with Tzuyu as a discovered post by the redditor's boyfriend, but I was too lazy.

This makes for an uncomfortable viewing. Poor girl. This witch hunt is fucking disgusting. I want to punch that Huang An guy in the face right now.

Seriously. And zero props to JYPE for not having her back. What a shit way to treat an employee, much less a kid. She looks like someone who was kidnapped by terrorists and forced to swear fealty to her captors on camera.

Remember that he has a lot more than just one employee to think of.

llehuty

Yeah, I don't know why JYP is getting all the hate when he did the most reasonable thing to do at this point.

It sucks, but he is not going to let all his company outside of the huge chinese market, when he can give a half assed apology, hoping things will go back in place at some point. I understand that he is just lowering his head now, but the China/Taiwan situation is definitely not JYP's war.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Don't wanna put on my tinfoil hat but since this minor incident blew totally out of proportion is there a link to the election?

Tsai Ing Wen (who will be Taiwan's first female president) is dominating the polls and all but guaranteed to win the presidency. Her party is also poised to dominate local elections throughout the country. The current president (and the opposite party) has lower than a 10% approval rating. To make a very simplified analogy, Tsai is like Obama coming in after GW Bush

If anything, this incident will only increase Tsai's win percentage since it will likely motivate the younger crowd to come out and vote for Tsai.

I made an OT thread about this

Pendulum

And Rainbow is still a thing, amazing.

I think Rainbow will go as soon as the contract ends...

Rainbow started recording their new album recently. It's probably their last yeah. It seems like most if not all of them have had a decent amount of work (maybe No Eul is the only one I can't remember doing much) in the past year and obviously DSP have been treating them pretty shit for a long time so probably would be a very easy decision unless the album is somehow a big success in a world where even Reboot wasn't.

Rainbow comeback confirmed for February.

Let's hope they gain some momentum again with this comeback. Well, Black Swan was an awesome comeback, but the promotions were a joke. It does feel like it's potentially the last comeback if it turns out to be a flop again. ):

What even happened to A-Jax lol. I think some members (at least one) went to the army, and one member just bailed on the group. They are stuck in DSP purgatory forever.

broz0rs

By posting that video and apology, it's all over Chinese language news in numerous countries. It even showed up on my local channel in Cali, and only huge overseas news will show up on it.

Don't know if JYP expected this type of attention or not, but I'm curious to see whether he'll shrivel up even more.

Pendulum

Well, now that that's sorted, at least that Redditor's obsessed boyfriend can rest up and get back to work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4148es/update_my_28f_boyfriend_31m_of_3_years_is/

Edit: Outgoing Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou, and all 3 presidential candidates Tsai Ing-wen (DPP), Eric Chu (KMT), and James Soong Chu-yu (PFP) all mentioned Tzuyu today (Ma did it via a spokesperson). Ma, who pushed for a closer relationship with China during his presidency, apparently also stated "he's asked Taiwanese diplomatic departments to help mediate discussions between China and Korea government to solve this issue and he hopes the Mainland government will crackdown on all this hatred" (trans from reddit)

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4148es/update_my_28f_boyfriend_31m_of_3_years_is/

Edit: Outgoing Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou, and all 3 presidential candidates Tsai Ing-wen (DPP), Eric Chu (KMT), and James Soong Chu-yu (PFP) all mentioned Tzuyu today (Ma did it via a spokesperson). Ma, who pushed for a closer relationship with China during his presidency, apparently also stated "he's asked Taiwanese diplomatic departments to help mediate discussions between China and Korea government to solve this issue and he hopes the Mainland government will crackdown on all this hatred" (trans from reddit)

damn... this is not gonna do jyp any good in the mainland china...

No No Eul

By posting that video and apology, it's all over Chinese language news in numerous countries. It even showed up on my local channel in Cali, and only huge overseas news will show up on it.

I've just seen that there's a subsection about Tzuyu in the BBC's coverage of the elections, although it's somewhat lacking in context.

Yikes. Sounds like his family need to step in but they don't seem all that bothered.
If this is even real to begin with.

The whole situation is fucked up. I really don't understand this kind of patriotism. EVEN IF SHE HAD done everything they said, and did have strong opinions about independent Taiwan, why do you have to ban the person? Isn't it wiser to "invite and educate" dissenters? You know, to win them over? If your goal is being united? Or if you're going to be that lazy about unification, why can't you say "I disagree" or "She is a foolish child who will learn" and leave it at that?
Why do that when China could bully people into submission? Just look at how well HK is doing.

Pendulum

Lee Shu-Chuan, the secretary-general of the Kuomintang, or KMT, didn&#8217;t provide an explanation for his party&#8217;s election rout during a press conference at campaign headquarters Saturday night; he said the party would issue a report in coming weeks. Asked by reporters if Ms. Chou&#8217;s video was a factor, he said &#8220;yes.&#8221;
#WhenWillYourFavesAffectNationalElections

---

Cosmic Girls' Yeoreum

---

Posted by Lizzy
Lj6MdlC.jpg

luv JOHNCENA&#9829;&#65039;
chain gang &#47749;&#44257;
You cant see me&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;
&#45796; &#46244;&#51256;&#50416; &#44984;&#50641;&#65533;&#65533;
#wwe#lizzy#&#47532;&#51648; hero&#65533;&#65533;
#im_realllllly_the_biggest_fan_of_you in korea

isuzu

Chewy :(

She's a baby. Why can't stupid adults realize that and live the poor thing alone?

Also JYP should've been on the video by her side, but apparently he's a coward.

Top Bottom